Closed Thread
Page 44 of 325 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 9748
    Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tal106 View Post
    I've been on this routine for nearly two weeks now, but I feel as if I have made a bit of a mistake in regards to the weight I'm doing, I didn't calculate any 1 rep max or anything :/

I just took my weights from what I was doing in Starting Strength and carried on, as for the accessory work I just did as heavy as I could with correct form for all reps/sets

I guess it's too late to go back and change so should I just keep on working and progressing with the weight I have been doing?
    Just follow the weight resets as I have them laid out when you reach stalls and it will sort itself out.

Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Just follow the weight resets as I have them laid out when you reach stalls and it will sort itself out.
    Alright thanks man, I guess as long as I am progressing I will do okay

talarone is on a distinguished road. (+10) talarone is on a distinguished road. (+10) talarone is on a distinguished road. (+10) talarone is on a distinguished road. (+10) talarone is on a distinguished road. (+10) talarone is on a distinguished road. (+10) talarone is on a distinguished road. (+10) talarone is on a distinguished road. (+10) talarone is on a distinguished road. (+10) talarone is on a distinguished road. (+10) talarone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah i had to reset squats due to depth issues, dropped it by 10% and now going to increase slowly while keeping form, same with presses.

pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Deso2i View Post
    Is it okay when I run this program to squat off an incline bench (am 5ft5") as the only other alt. would be a smith machine (i also have no workout partner)?
    You don't need a spotter to squat. I've been doing this program for a month with no spotter on any exercises and have had 0 problems. Do the squats in the squat rack with the safety rails on the side in case you fail. What I have found, is that when I push myself on squats, I can get upwards of three more reps after I *think* that I can't do anymore. Push through it and if it's still too much weight, it's time for a weight reset.
    Road to 10% :: Reps on sight for FGC

The 2nd Amendment: When they tell you, you don't need it, that's when you really need it.

They will not be judged by the color of their avi but by the content of their posts.

Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    After you've run a program like this for around a year you could switch to a more advanced full body alter this one to your needs or move on to something like an upper/lower 4x a week split. Any of those should still yield solid gains.
    Thanks but what about the other half about squatting from an incline bench ? As I have no acces to a squat or pwr rack

Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deso2i is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pMbeast View Post
    You don't need a spotter to squat. I've been doing this program for a month with no spotter on any exercises and have had 0 problems. Do the squats in the squat rack with the safety rails on the side in case you fail. What I have found, is that when I push myself on squats, I can get upwards of three more reps after I *think* that I can't do anymore. Push through it and if it's still too much weight, it's time for a weight reset.
    I don't have a power rack or squat rack in my gym just a smith so I was asking about squatting in an incline bench

razaice is on a distinguished road. (+10) razaice is on a distinguished road. (+10) razaice is on a distinguished road. (+10) razaice is on a distinguished road. (+10) razaice is on a distinguished road. (+10) razaice is on a distinguished road. (+10) razaice is on a distinguished road. (+10) razaice is on a distinguished road. (+10) razaice is on a distinguished road. (+10) razaice is on a distinguished road. (+10) razaice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What circumstance would make you recommend the 15% reset over the 10% on the 5x5's?

salmoncakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) salmoncakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) salmoncakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) salmoncakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) salmoncakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) salmoncakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) salmoncakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) salmoncakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) salmoncakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) salmoncakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) salmoncakes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jason, if my maxes atm are 140/90/180 kg should i try this routine or just do madcow? ( what are you thoughts on madcow?)

I'm aiming to gain weight slowly as i'm like 15% bf already

a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by razaice View Post
    What circumstance would make you recommend the 15% reset over the 10% on the 5x5's?
    Personally I reset 10% if I fail the last one or two sets by one rep after the second attempt.

I reset 15% if I fail by more than that on the second attempt. eg 4 reps on the third set and 3 reps on the forth and fifth.

The difference between 10% and 15% is probably an extra 1-2 training sessions so it's not a big deal really.

sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Some questions

Im currently on my 10th cycle of "all pros beginners routine", after doing this program for over a year, i decided its maybe time for something new. I understood most of what was said in your video, except, i have a couple questions , did i understand correct when you said add 5lb per workout , how many days a week is this workout performed. Thank you.

maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sajor View Post
    Im currently on my 10th cycle of "all pros beginners routine", after doing this program for over a year, i decided its maybe time for something new. I understood most of what was said in your video, except, i have a couple questions , did i understand correct when you said add 5lb per workout , how many days a week is this workout performed. Thank you.
    watch the video again and the answer is there

Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You would run it just like you've been running All Pros, i.e. if you run APs MWF or TThS you would keep the same schedule. Only difference is instead of the 100%/90%/80% program, you're doing an ABA - BAB protocol.
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Dr. Seuss

pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000)
    It has hyperextentions in it also. As you become more advanced you will want most posterior chain work. I literally do not go to the gym without doing weighted glute ham raises or good mornings over 300 lbs personally.

The 3 minutes is to keep you guys from being in the gym for 2 hours. If you have the free time you can take longer. That was done purely for effeciency while giving just enough break to recover enough to produce high quality performance on all sets.
    Oh I didn't know hyperextensions worked the PC. Thought it was only the lower back. Although now that I think about it it really is much like an SLDL and I gotta squeeze my glutes at the top to hold myself up. I can do 2x10 hyperextensions with a 35 lb plate, and I believe I should be able to do 45 lbs as well. When do you think I can switch over to good mornings? I gotta learn how to do those as well..
    TM Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145984543&highlight=pyaarawala

Texas Method -- Shredding down this body fat while maintaining strength --> Lean & mean

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by maqsmj View Post
    watch the video again and the answer is there
    Originally Posted by Stev05 View Post
    You would run it just like you've been running All Pros, i.e. if you run APs MWF or TThS you would keep the same schedule. Only difference is instead of the 100%/90%/80% program, you're doing an ABA - BAB protocol.
    These answers are correct.

Originally Posted by pyaarawala View Post
    Oh I didn't know hyperextensions worked the PC. Thought it was only the lower back. Although now that I think about it it really is much like an SLDL and I gotta squeeze my glutes at the top to hold myself up. I can do 2x10 hyperextensions with a 35 lb plate, and I believe I should be able to do 45 lbs as well. When do you think I can switch over to good mornings? I gotta learn how to do those as well..
    If you can do hypers with a 45 and you feel comfortable and safe with good mornings (watch some video tutorials) you can switch over to them if you like, just be careful and safe. I consider the GM one of the best lifts... period. I am just reluctant to prescribe it to novices as part of pre-written program where I cannot supervise what they do in person.

BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Did workout B tonight, backed off on the weight for squats and DLs to make sure the form is there. I have really bad flexibility in my hamstrings which makes it difficult to do deep squats, but I'm going full ROM now with a bit lighter weight. Quads are burning. Can't wait for Thursday to hit it again.

kellercpd212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would it be alright to start the program, minus the hyperextensions, through a few workouts. I'm getting a hyperextension bench for Christmas, but really want to get started on this program now. I live in a small community that doesn't have a gym, so my workouts are at my home. I've tested all the weights for the exercises. Don't know if I feel comfortable with Goodmornings just yet. Thanks

muscularstrong7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscularstrong7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscularstrong7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscularstrong7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscularstrong7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscularstrong7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscularstrong7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscularstrong7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscularstrong7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscularstrong7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscularstrong7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Keep up the good work. Btw, this is my first post

Originally Posted by kellercpd212 View Post
    Would it be alright to start the program, minus the hyperextensions, through a few workouts. I'm getting a hyperextension bench for Christmas, but really want to get started on this program now. I live in a small community that doesn't have a gym, so my workouts are at my home. I've tested all the weights for the exercises. Don't know if I feel comfortable with Goodmornings just yet. Thanks
    That is acceptable until Christmas.

Is it ok to be squatting off an incline bench ?

krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi! today I had a pretty hard workout and I noticed that squats tear my lower back apart. I barely feel anything in my legs but my lower back hurts. Is it normal or could it be bad form? Should I wear a belt? I lift 198lb (90kg) and I weight around 165lb (75kg).

PatheticLoser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by krysix View Post
    Hi! today I had a pretty hard workout and I noticed that squats tear my lower back apart. I barely feel anything in my legs but my lower back hurts. Is it normal or could it be bad form? Should I wear a belt? I lift 198lb (90kg) and I weight around 165lb (75kg).
    For me this is a sign of a weak core. Been there, done that not so long ago.The result was a nasty lower back injury that kept me off weights for nearly 2 months. My form was more than acceptable, and just like you I could feel the squats more on my lower back rather that my legs. If this is the case and not a form issue, give much attention to core strengthening exercises and if necessary back down the weights a bit.

For what it's worth, always listen to your body
    Last edited by PatheticLoser; 12-12-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    Sticking to the basics & leaving my ego at the door

Is it ok to be squatting off an incline bench ?
    I'm not sure how you would do this or why.

Originally Posted by krysix View Post
    You need to do more heavy core work.

poundcoin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just made this thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150294203

Someone linked your video and I've watched a few now and found this thread.

Would this be a good workout for me?
    I have had experience with PHAT for about 8 months (while on a cut then 2 month bulk before my injury).
    I got stronger and my upper body (traps) looked way more defined and I wen't from doing 1 pull up to 14 pull ups.
    Apart from that I didn't put on any real mass and I ended up being really skinny again.

Now since my injury I have added TOO much fat. (+20lb in the past 4 months).
    I am 152lb and 5,5", I would estimate around 30-35% bodyfat (my arms and legs are skinny as ****).
    That might sound wierd but in general I am very underweight, I just have a LOAD of fat in my midsection.

What would you recommend to me, workout wise and macro wise?
    Right now I am eating 1700 calories on non workout days and 2000 on workout days.(80-100g extra carbs)

It got to the point where I didn't goto the gym today because I have absolutely NO IDEA what to do!

I want to lose all this fat, and I also want to add loads of mass to my arms and legs so I can look normal.
    I watched your skinny fat video and understand what you are saying but I can't imagine getting any fatter right now, yet I don't want my legs and arms to get any skinnier.

I'm not sure how you would do this or why.
    My gym doesnt have a squat rack or power rack , neither nearby gyms only a smith machine

So I am basically gonna load the bar ans put it on the incline bench duck under the bar and squat so wouls that be normal ? I dont have a spotter anyways

My gym doesnt have a squat rack or power rack , neither nearby gyms only a smith machine

So I am basically gonna load the bar ans put it on the incline bench duck under the bar and squat so wouls that be normal ? I dont have a spotter anyways
    Any chance you get find a better gym? That is the most basic of equipment. You can get away with this for a short period of time but this program will eventually cause you to hit failure on your squats.

Sadly no the nearest gym which have is like an hr drive retarded country all gyms are just filled with machines .

If i have a spotter could I get away with this ?

maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sadly no the nearest gym which have is like an hr drive retarded country all gyms are just filled with machines .

If i have a spotter could I get away with this ?
    in your case i would personally go for a "GARAGE GYM" i will pay a bit in the beginning and save money on the long term

poundcoin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any advice on the above for me JasonDB?

Cheers

DarylAng1996 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarylAng1996 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarylAng1996 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarylAng1996 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarylAng1996 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarylAng1996 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarylAng1996 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarylAng1996 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarylAng1996 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarylAng1996 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarylAng1996 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Jason, there is no rope handle for the kneeling cable crunch and is there any alternative for the handle?

Originally Posted by poundcoin View Post
    I just made this thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150294203

Someone linked your video and I've watched a few now and found this thread.

Would this be a good workout for me?
    I have had experience with PHAT for about 8 months (while on a cut then 2 month bulk before my injury).
    I got stronger and my upper body (traps) looked way more defined and I wen't from doing 1 pull up to 14 pull ups.
    Apart from that I didn't put on any real mass and I ended up being really skinny again.

Now since my injury I have added TOO much fat. (+20lb in the past 4 months).
    I am 152lb and 5,5", I would estimate around 30-35% bodyfat (my arms and legs are skinny as ****).
    That might sound wierd but in general I am very underweight, I just have a LOAD of fat in my midsection.

What would you recommend to me, workout wise and macro wise?
    Right now I am eating 1700 calories on non workout days and 2000 on workout days.(80-100g extra carbs)

It got to the point where I didn't goto the gym today because I have absolutely NO IDEA what to do!

I want to lose all this fat, and I also want to add loads of mass to my arms and legs so I can look normal.
    I watched your skinny fat video and understand what you are saying but I can't imagine getting any fatter right now, yet I don't want my legs and arms to get any skinnier.
    You want too much too fast. In your case given your relatively light weight still and very high BF% I would go ahead and eat at maintence rather than even a clean bulk, train hard and just try to recomposition.

Closed Thread