Closed Thread
Page 35 of 325 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 9748
    BenitaSolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by garardn01 View Post
    What are your goals? And are the stats in your profile current? Because I imagine you're looking to gain size/strength... and at 6'1" 170lbs you shouldn't really worry about burning "that extra 300 calories". Eating is good!

Cardio is fine (I should probably begin doing some myself...) just make sure to adjust your intake so that you make sure to be at a surplus.
    Yeah my stats are up to date. I'm 170 wet. Yes I want to gain size and strength. I guess my biggest fear is losing my cardio strength/health as a result of not doing cardio exercise! Maybe that's just not rational. WALK WALK WALK SQUAT SQUAT SQUAT, repeat. This routine is the first time I have ever done weighted squats. I started at 95 pounds (haha) but am gaining so fast. Feels great! My new favorite lift for now.

mljs54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jason,

Thanks again for recommending box squats (for my quad dominant regular squats). Been at them now for a couple weeks and it's complete night and day regarding not only form but any sort of knee pain is gone. Have two questions for you -

a) When do you recommend moving off of box squats to regular squats? Should I box squat for a couple more months then try to do a regular squat and see if I can maintain form? Should I alternate the two? Etc

b) I'm coming off slight wrist tendonitis and regular curls and skulls with a barbell or ez bar (even when wearing wraps) are still pretty painful when my wrist is perpendicular (palm facing shoulders) to my body. As a result, I've been doing chins on day A with a parallel grip, dumbell (instead of barbell) skulls on day A with a parallel grip and hammer curls on day B (instead of bb curls/incline curls). Is this a suitable replacement for now until my wrist fully heals or do you suggest I do something else for assistance?

Byard is just really nice. (+1000) Byard is just really nice. (+1000) Byard is just really nice. (+1000) Byard is just really nice. (+1000) Byard is just really nice. (+1000) Byard is just really nice. (+1000) Byard is just really nice. (+1000) Byard is just really nice. (+1000) Byard is just really nice. (+1000) Byard is just really nice. (+1000) Byard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Jason, me and a friend started this routine on Monday. Just a quick question, can the skullcrushers be changed for tricep extensions or anything? Or are skullcrushers optimal?

Thanks
    I rape back

Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jason quick question, I have been on this route for about a month and love it! but Due to a football match (Soccer) I was not able to train today, as I had no time to get there at normal time and was ****ed by the time I got home. Would you say it would be ok to do the workout B tomorrow then A the next day? or should I just leave it and only train twice this week? (Monday and friday)?
    thanks for your time.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mljs54 View Post
    Jason,

Thanks again for recommending box squats (for my quad dominant regular squats). Been at them now for a couple weeks and it's complete night and day regarding not only form but any sort of knee pain is gone. Have two questions for you -

a) When do you recommend moving off of box squats to regular squats? Should I box squat for a couple more months then try to do a regular squat and see if I can maintain form? Should I alternate the two? Etc

b) I'm coming off slight wrist tendonitis and regular curls and skulls with a barbell or ez bar (even when wearing wraps) are still pretty painful when my wrist is perpendicular (palm facing shoulders) to my body. As a result, I've been doing chins on day A with a parallel grip, dumbell (instead of barbell) skulls on day A with a parallel grip and hammer curls on day B (instead of bb curls/incline curls). Is this a suitable replacement for now until my wrist fully heals or do you suggest I do something else for assistance?
    I've linked the video on common bicep training mistakes which may explain your wrist issue. Those are ok while it is healing but you will want to return to the other movements as soon as possible.

If you have a history of knee issues you might want to stick with box squats for the rest of your life.

Originally Posted by Byard View Post
    Hi Jason, me and a friend started this routine on Monday. Just a quick question, can the skullcrushers be changed for tricep extensions or anything? Or are skullcrushers optimal?

Thanks
    They can be but if you do not do skullcrushers the way I demonstrate in the video I cannot ensure optimal development of all heads of your tricep.

Originally Posted by Gahooza View Post
    Jason quick question, I have been on this route for about a month and love it! but Due to a football match (Soccer) I was not able to train today, as I had no time to get there at normal time and was ****ed by the time I got home. Would you say it would be ok to do the workout B tomorrow then A the next day? or should I just leave it and only train twice this week? (Monday and friday)?
    thanks for your time.
    Just skip the day and only do two this week. I would rather you do that, considering the sheer amount of workload I am subjecting a novice to here, than stack two workouts back to back.

danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If someone were to complete any given 5x5 lift in your program, and was damn near failure on the last set, but got it, would you recommend increasing weight 5lbs the next week and see if you fail then lower by 10% or would it be recommended to use that same weight again the next week to avoid a reset?

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by danhaney View Post
    If someone were to complete any given 5x5 lift in your program, and was damn near failure on the last set, but got it, would you recommend increasing weight 5lbs the next week and see if you fail then lower by 10% or would it be recommended to use that same weight again the next week to avoid a reset?
    If you completed all reps you add weight. If you fail twice in a row you reduce weight.

danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    If you completed all reps you add weight. If you fail twice in a row you reduce weight.
    Ah, must have missed the fail twice in a row part. Thank you much.

DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Twice in a row meaning the next day you hit that lift, correct?
    --If you knew better you'd do better!--

MortalEngine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MortalEngine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MortalEngine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MortalEngine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MortalEngine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MortalEngine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MortalEngine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MortalEngine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MortalEngine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MortalEngine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MortalEngine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Jason, I've booked a session with a personal trainer in the gym tomorrow morning to check my form on the compound lifts. The weights are getting pretty heavy now and I want to make sure my form is good. The trainer seems to know his stuff but if it turns out he's not very forthcoming with pointers etc are there any specific questions I should ask, particularly in relation to squats, deadlifts, row and standing press?

Starting week 4 tomorrow and still really enjoying the programme.

Originally Posted by snrygo View Post
    you are no longer an intermediate with those numbers.

jason has said before that this routine can be used for intermediates with the incorporation of deloads every 6-8 weeks .

alternatively there is his intermediate routine.
    This. + you can add a couple additional sets for weak points doing it as an intermediate.

ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DoolaMadness View Post
    Twice in a row meaning the next day you hit that lift, correct?
    I believe that is correct.

Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000)
    Jason, if sometimes I have to go to gym 2 days in a row without rest days - what would be the smartest way to train ? Reduce weights or maby something else?

Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What are your thoughts on using more inclince bench pressing rather than flat? Some claim it provides greater results for those looking for the "sexy" chest and avoids the "droopy man boobs".

What if inclinces were used instead of the flat bench?

Originally Posted by Mak1n View Post
    Jason, if sometimes I have to go to gym 2 days in a row without rest days - what would be the smartest way to train ? Reduce weights or maby something else?
    A different program. Mine is not suitable for back to back training. Is someone forcing you a gun point to lift back to back? LoL

Originally Posted by Charlie050912 View Post
    What are your thoughts on using more inclince bench pressing rather than flat? Some claim it provides greater results for those looking for the "sexy" chest and avoids the "droopy man boobs".

What if inclinces were used instead of the flat bench?
    My program if done the way I break it down, including benching and overhead pressing in the manner I prescribe, then balanced chest development should not be an issue.

chinery26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quick question Jason, im in 4th week of program. Basically the only way i can fit 3 sessions in this week is if i work out 2 days in a row. Is it better to just leave it at two workouts this week or train thursday and friday? Thanks a lot.

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Jason, have a question. So this is the first time I've really done squatting and DL'ing. I spent alot of time watching technique videos. I went to a wide stance squat and I go slightly below parallel. Well, I started at 135lbs for working sets and got up to 145lbs, but I got a pretty sharp pain on my right inner thigh (abductor area?). Im not sure if its due to starting with a wide stance or simply starting too high on the weight for my body. I do foam roll and started doing mobility stretches before squatting already. Besides just waiting it out and continuing to stretch, is there anything I could/should be doing to try and strengthen the area? Should I just stay at a lower weight for a while and build up more supporting muscles? Would the adductor machine help?

Originally Posted by chinery26 View Post
    Quick question Jason, im in 4th week of program. Basically the only way i can fit 3 sessions in this week is if i work out 2 days in a row. Is it better to just leave it at two workouts this week or train thursday and friday? Thanks a lot.
    Do them twice if that is all your schedule allows and do body weight squats and pushups (and chinups if you can get a cheap bar) at home in place of a 3rd workout. This program will bury you doing it two days back to back.

Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
    Hey Jason, have a question. So this is the first time I've really done squatting and DL'ing. I spent alot of time watching technique videos. I went to a wide stance squat and I go slightly below parallel. Well, I started at 135lbs for working sets and got up to 145lbs, but I got a pretty sharp pain on my right inner thigh (abductor area?). Im not sure if its due to starting with a wide stance or simply starting too high on the weight for my body. I do foam roll and started doing mobility stretches before squatting already. Besides just waiting it out and continuing to stretch, is there anything I could/should be doing to try and strengthen the area? Should I just stay at a lower weight for a while and build up more supporting muscles? Would the adductor machine help?
    Narrow your stance slightly. Continue the mobility work and foam rolling. If you want to try th adductor machine to strengthen the area for a couple weeks feel free to do so.

Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Charlie050912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My program if done the way I break it down, including benching and overhead pressing in the manner I prescribe, then balanced chest development should not be an issue.
    so could I then assume those who say that flat benching will give you "droopy man boobs" are from lifters who do not balance with over head pressing and may not do a standing press (or general press) at all?

Originally Posted by Charlie050912 View Post
    so could I then assume those who say that flat benching will give you "droopy man boobs" are from lifters who do not balance with over head pressing and may not do a standing press (or general press) at all?
    For the majority that is often the case. For those who do develop an upper chest imbalance while doing correct overhead pressing with a barbell I make specific recommendations for their situation to correct the imbalance. Not everyone NEEDS to do incline work for full upper pecs.

For the majority that is often the case. For those who do develop an upper chest imbalance while doing correct overhead pressing with a barbell I make specific recommendations for their situation to correct the imbalance. Not everyone NEEDS to do incline work for full upper pecs.
    Cool thanks

maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im 100% ready to go wedding in 5 months just a fast question can i do T-Bar rows instead of bent over rows?! it just the bent over rows flames my arms really badly while i feel way more comfortable on T-Bar rows

im going to do this on a cut, cant wait for Monday to start and calculate my 1 REP max

5'9" 214 lb body fat % i guess 28% will try to find it out today

my calorie in take will be 2000 calorie

i will try to get my micros right and i will post them

i will even post videos of my form because i wanna do it right

BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Jason, how long do you recommend resting in between sets and in between exercises?

maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) maqsmj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i cant believe i read the whole 35 pages

Originally Posted by BigVic92 View Post
    Jason, how long do you recommend resting in between sets and in between exercises?
    he mentioned in the video 3 Min for compound moves and u can go more up to your need and 2 for the iso's

i hope im not mistaken

MH1912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Week 3 of this program, perfect volume imo.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions on how to warm up?

Typically I do 2 sets of 5 with just the bar for the compounds. Next I do 1 set at 60%, 1 at 80% then the last 3x5 at 100% for all the 5x5 compounds. I don't warm up for the ISO's because by then you've been lifting for 25+ minutes.

Is this ok?

Johann257 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started this week, feels good
    Current major lifts
    120kg Squat
    75kg bench
    45kg press
    75kg bb row (no cheat)
    140kg deadlift

I'm doing this on a cut. You answered me a few pages back that I should lower my volume to 3X5 for major lifts and 2X8 for the others. My question is if I can do more sets on those numbers should I increase my number of sets back up to 5X5 and 3X8 or should I increase weight?

I've casually read most of this thread which has answered a lot of my other questions. I don't think this has been asked, but very sorry if it has.
    Last edited by Johann257; 11-29-2012 at 03:27 PM.

lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just wanted to say how much I am loving this program.

Completed 6 weeks on it.

1. Squats: 145 lbs --> 225 lbs in 6 weeks.
    Started at 145 lbs and did 18 straight workouts without a reset increasing the weight 5 lbs on each workout. It was a moment of great joy for me this morning after successfully completing a 5x5 squat with 225 lbs. Been a goal for me for a while. Squatting for reps with 2 plates on each side

Hit the reset on pretty much all others lifts

2. Deadlifts: 250 lbs --> 290 lbs
    3. Bench Press: 145 lbs --> 170 lbs
    4. BOR: 135 lbs -->160 lbs
    5. Shrugs: 225 lbs --> 260 lbs
    6. Press: 95 lbs --> 115 lbs

etc.

This program + caloric surplus = GROWTH!!

Thank you Jason!!

Originally Posted by Johann257 View Post
    Started this week, feels good
    Current major lifts
    120kg Squat
    75kg bench
    45kg press
    75kg bb row (no cheat)
    140kg deadlift

I'm doing this on a cut. You answered me a few pages back that I should lower my volume to 3X5 for major lifts and 2X5 for the others. My question is if I can do more sets on those numbers should I increase my number of sets back up to 5X5 or should I increase weight?

I've casually read most of this thread which has answered a lot of my other questions. I don't think this has been asked, but very sorry if it has.

Johan do you mind pointing me to the page where he said to do 3X5 for major lifts because i will start this program on monday and im on a cut as well

thanks

Closed Thread