Closed Thread
Page 325 of 325 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325
Results 9,721 to 9,748 of 9748
    MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nattyiceking View Post
    I went through the same thing a couple workouts ago. My issue was bad form, I was hyperextending my back and not leaning forward enough. Try to really focus on keeping your back straight and your core tight. Lean forward slightly this helps keep the bar on its vertical path. If you want, check out my workout journal, you'll see where I ran into the same problem and how I corrected it.
    Just checked it out thanks, it's quite possible since fixing my slight knee cave issue the last time I reset I have developed something similar. Either way I am going to reset to 195 and work my way back up. However that said I will be sure to record a bunch of my lifts to see what is going on.

question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by seanfl02 View Post
    I see your lifts, but they are not 5x5. They are in weird reps. You have plenty of room for gains. Milk this program for all you can. What kind of program do you want to move to next?
    Those were my highest weights, but I failed to complete all the reps. In other words, they're the heaviest I've lifted, but have stalled on them. But deadlifts are only suppose to be 1 rep anyways lol. Honestly I'm not sure what program I'm looking to hit next. Maybe a bro split? Maybe not? Haven't really looked into it, had you guys suggested changing my program, I would have.

Originally Posted by mikeallen52 View Post
    Run it until you keep stalling at the same point. I'm not talking about you stall once on all lifts then change it up. When you think you're truly stalled, check these factors first: Is your nutrition on point? (Hitting macros, etc). Have you been sleeping enough? (8+ hours daily). Are you drinking enough water? Stress?

These are just a few factors that can affect your gains. If you can answer all those questions honestly and have no negative factors affecting performance, then move on.
    So in other words you're saying, keep on the program until my weights are practically going no where anymore? But then access myself on whether it's the program itself, or me.

If that's what you mean, how much longer though think it should take me?

I don't mind the program, but sometimes 2+hrs of working out can be kind of impractical.

HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Interested in what more experienced lifters have to say about working on grip strength. My DL is currently being held back because I can't hang onto the bar long enough to do all 5 reps (had to drop it after 3 reps at 190, but back/hams/glutes were all fine).

Is it worthwhile to do some forearm work on off days after "B" day?
    My Reviews and Logs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152226283

0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by question4u92 View Post
    Those were my highest weights, but I failed to complete all the reps. In other words, they're the heaviest I've lifted, but have stalled on them. But deadlifts are only suppose to be 1 rep anyways lol. Honestly I'm not sure what program I'm looking to hit next. Maybe a bro split? Maybe not? Haven't really looked into it, had you guys suggested changing my program, I would have.

So in other words you're saying, keep on the program until my weights are practically going no where anymore? But then access myself on whether it's the program itself, or me.

I don't mind the program, but sometimes 2+hrs of working out can be kind of impractical.

Its only 2 ish hours 3 times a week.

It would be the same if you were to go to the gym doing a bro split 6 days a week for 1 hour a day, wouldn't it?

Also, move to another program once you hit 315 squat, 220 bench and 405 deadlift ( correct me if i'm wrong).

If your are stalling and you fail a set/rep reset the weight by 10% and take it from there.
    "You think this is a f**king game?"

nattyiceking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nattyiceking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nattyiceking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nattyiceking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nattyiceking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nattyiceking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nattyiceking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nattyiceking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nattyiceking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nattyiceking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nattyiceking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think its been said that you should stick with the program until you can hit these lifts:

Bench Press: 1.5 x Bodyweight
    Squat: 2 x BW
    Deadlift: 2.5 x BW

So in your case:

Bench: 240
    Squat: 320
    Deadlift: 400

I'm going off of memory and I might be wrong so take it for what it's worth.
    My ICF 5x5 Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154276671&page=1

ICF 5x5 Spreadsheet:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063&p=1069079121#post1069079121

HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think its been said that you should stick with the program until you can hit these lifts:

So in your case:

How many reps?

makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Two weeks ago I had to reset my bench. Today I attempted the same weight I had failed at last time and nailed it. Felt so good! Form wasn't the absolute greatest on the last couple reps, but it's awesome to see progress like that.

I noticed I've been having pain near my sternum after benching lately though. Most notably when the bar touches my chest. I think it might be from going too fast on the negatives a few weeks ago when I was struggling. Hopefully it goes away with time..

Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whats up guys, just starting the program and pretty pumped. I have a few questions that I am having problems finding...
    1.)is the Overhead press strict or can a little leg drive be involved?
    2.) If we were going to add in the calf work ,lat raises, and face pulls like Jason gave us the option to, then does that have to be incorporated on one of the three workout days or can i come in on an off day?
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Huntarious View Post
    Whats up guys, just starting the program and pretty pumped. I have a few questions that I am having problems finding...
    1.)is the Overhead press strict or can a little leg drive be involved?
    2.) If we were going to add in the calf work ,lat raises, and face pulls like Jason gave us the option to, then does that have to be incorporated on one of the three workout days or can i come in on an off day?
    1: Should be strictly a press, no leg work
    2: I would assume best after a workout. Your muscles will already be tired and it will benefit the isolated lifts better, plus you want to be careful to not be sore and affect more important lifts by doing these on off days.

question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000) question4u92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 0rders View Post

It would be the same if you were to go to the gym doing a bro split 6 days a week for 1 hour a day, wouldn't it?

Also, move to another program once you hit 315 squat, 220 bench and 405 deadlift ( correct me if i'm wrong).

If your are stalling and you fail a set/rep reset the weight by 10% and take it from there.
    I don't mind the workout too much lol. Just like I said, sometimes 2hrs in one day is a bit impractical for me & my schedule.

I haven't hit those lifts yet though so...

And I understand the weight resets lol.

So in your case:

I'm probably just going to follow the program a little longer, couple more weeks. I don't think I'll be experiencing a lot of gains following this 12+ weeks. I could be wrong... But I am pretty close to all those lifts. So close, but so far away.

seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HY314 View Post
    Interested in what more experienced lifters have to say about working on grip strength. My DL is currently being held back because I can't hang onto the bar long enough to do all 5 reps (had to drop it after 3 reps at 190, but back/hams/glutes were all fine).

If your DL is being held back by grip strength just use straps. I know a lot of people don't want to use straps and I felt the same way, but when I stopped with that mentality and realized it was holding me back from much more weight it was a no brainer. Farmer walks and doing all your warmup sets without straps will build your grip strength.

WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What can I do on off days other than 30min of LISS? I know Jason said ggp work, but I don't know how to do them, and also farmers walks. How far/long do you go and for how many sets with farmers walks?

Mikolash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikolash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikolash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikolash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

mixed grip

GainsSlayer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by seanfl02 View Post
    If your DL is being held back by grip strength just use straps. I know a lot of people don't want to use straps and I felt the same way, but when I stopped with that mentality and realized it was holding me back from much more weight it was a no brainer. Farmer walks and doing all your warmup sets without straps will build your grip strength.
    Agreed

Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking at your current lifts, I say you have about 4-5 months worth of gains to be milked from this routine. Remember this routine is only 3 days a week. So workouts taking longer is a given.
    FAQ for ICF 5X5 (Credit to iBeastMode207 and Charlie581)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063&p=1063632501&viewfull=1#post1063632501

Alright thanks for the suggestions. I'd like to avoid straps for now, but I'll checkout mixed grip.

Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    messed up my hand tonight needed 8 stitches in right pinky finger...can I still do this routine? would be devastated if this bull**** set me back

Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Johnny778877 View Post
    messed up my hand tonight needed 8 stitches in right pinky finger...can I still do this routine? would be devastated if this bull**** set me back
    Uh... why are you asking us? Can you grip a barbell comfortably? If no, then probably not!
    My running and ICF 5x5 log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153761921

Registered User MaxYourPhysique's Avatar
    MaxYourPhysique will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxYourPhysique will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxYourPhysique will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxYourPhysique will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxYourPhysique will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxYourPhysique will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxYourPhysique will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxYourPhysique will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxYourPhysique will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxYourPhysique will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxYourPhysique will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Question for y'all:

I realize I'm a novice. I also realize that messing with such an awesome program is not always a good idea. But, my goals are mixed: between strength/mass (5x5) and muscle endurance/joint integrity/balance/coordination (calisthenics)

Would it be okay to follow Jason's routine every other week, and have a calisthenic muscle split routine during the weeks in between?
    In other words... Week 1: 5x5, Week 2: calisthenics, Week 3: 5x5, Week 4: calisthenics, etc.

Sure, I probably won't be getting as strong, as fast as possible without following Jason's program exclusively, but calisthenics is important to me as well. My worry is that the two programs will clash and inhibit gains; when on the contrary, I want them to compliment each other.

Your thoughts and opinions? Thanks in advance.

Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Maybe this is a stupid question but I want to start working out in the morning because the gym is packed after work. I worked out at about 6pm on Monday but would like to work out at 6am on Wednesday, would those 12 hours of recovery make a difference or am i fine to just start going in the morning?

how bad do you want it? mikeallen52's Avatar
    mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Yes, because as a beginner this is where you make most of your gains. You're bumping weight every workout, once you move on to more advanced routines, you're only adding weight once a week, then once a month. It can take however long it takes you. Could be 5 months, could be a year. Everyone is different. 2hrs a day, 3x a week = 6 hours. Running a bro split 6 days a weeks 1hr a day = 6hrs. Same thing.

Originally Posted by 0rders View Post

Like stated above stick with the program as long as possible. If you're still bumping weight per workout and your past those numbers, why stop?

So in your case:

See above.

Originally Posted by Tal106 View Post
    Maybe this is a stupid question but I want to start working out in the morning because the gym is packed after work. I worked out at about 6pm on Monday but would like to work out at 6am on Wednesday, would those 12 hours of recovery make a difference or am i fine to just start going in the morning?
    No, it's not that big of a deal, just don't make a habbit or doing that.
    MikeAllen v1.0 :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152402033

seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright thanks for the suggestions. I'd like to avoid straps for now, but I'll checkout mixed grip.
    mixed grip and chalk will get you far

WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Does anyone know the answer to my question above? My apologies for it being a noobish question, but I'm just not sure how to perform them as my gym everyone does beach muscles -_-

tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WMLifting View Post
    What can I do on off days other than 30min of LISS? I know Jason said ggp work, but I don't know how to do them, and also farmers walks. How far/long do you go and for how many sets with farmers walks?
    youtube is your best friend when it comes to how to do ggp work. Farmer's walk is so overrated, if you wanna strengthen your grip for deadlift and row just use mixed grip and chalk, don't bother with heavy work on off days because you really need to recover after squat 5x5.

Originally Posted by WMLifting View Post
    Does anyone know the answer to my question above? My apologies for it being a noobish question, but I'm just not sure how to perform them as my gym everyone does beach muscles -_-
    See above ^^
    S120kg/B97.5kg/D140kg/OHP62kg
    My training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150869353

tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Johnny778877 View Post
    Have you tried benching row and deadlifting with that injured finger? My best guest it's take a rest otherwise you might tear the stitches and bleed all over the gym...Bloody workout lol.
    S120kg/B97.5kg/D140kg/OHP62kg
    My training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150869353

Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10) Litres is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Jason got banned. Lol.
    FAQ for ICF 5X5 (Credit to iBeastMode207 and Charlie581)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063&p=1063632501&viewfull=1#post1063632501

0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 0rders has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Litres View Post
    Jason got banned. Lol.
    Yup... what a shame.
    "You think this is a f**king game?"

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Litres View Post
    Jason got banned. Lol.
    Just goes to show how much of a child Layne is

Closed Thread