Closed Thread
Page 32 of 325 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast
    krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does close grip bench press need a spotter? If it does, could I replace it with hammer grip dumbbell bech press or something like that? I go alone to the gym and I hate asking for help, I just do it for bech press cause I dont have a choice. And Skullcrusher seems dangerous, could it be replaced too? Maybe french press?
    BTW Thank you very much for the routine, you rock!

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by krysix View Post
    Does close grip bench press need a spotter? If it does, could I replace it with hammer grip dumbbell bech press or something like that? I go alone to the gym and I hate asking for help, I just do it for bech press cause I dont have a choice. And Skullcrusher seems dangerous, could it be replaced too? Maybe french press?
    BTW Thank you very much for the routine, you rock!
    You are most welcome.

If you are taking sets close to failure a spotter is wise but I can't imagine any regular gym goer not being willing to spot you if you ask or even a member of the gym staff if no one else is around. If no one else is in the weight room then use the power rack... if you gym doesn't have a power rack change gyms.

Now as to being embarassed to ask other people for a spot... I have to question how serious you are about your goals if you are willing to allow something like this to limit your results.

Kind of the type of thing I cover in this video:

krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the fast reply! I know I'm a little stupid about that, i'ts just that I feel more comfortable doing things on my own. But if replace them will limit my results then I will make an effort.
    Last edited by krysix; 11-22-2012 at 03:58 AM.

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by krysix View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply! I know I'm a little stupid about that, i'ts just that I feel more confortable doing things on my own. But if replace them will limit my results then I will make an effort.
    It will reduce your results yes. Get a spotter or use the rack. I personally train at a gym with 4 racks and I hog one for my entire session.

A lot of people complain about their gym being underequiped but unless you live in a small town I promise you there is a gym somewhere in your city with 4, 5 or 6 racks in it. You might have to drive a little further or pay a little more money but it ultimately comes down to your personal choice of how much you are willing to invest to achieve a goal.

cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Jason, I've been following your routine for about 6 weeks or so. I had to take 2 weeks off due to illness and a hectic work schedule. I'm planning on continuing the routine tonight. I'm curious if I should attempt to continue where I left off, or should I deload everything a little bit and work back up?

Originally Posted by cogliati View Post
    Jason, I've been following your routine for about 6 weeks or so. I had to take 2 weeks off due to illness and a hectic work schedule. I'm planning on continuing the routine tonight. I'm curious if I should attempt to continue where I left off, or should I deload everything a little bit and work back up?
    Start back over and ramp from there.

yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice!

PatheticLoser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey JasonDB,

I have been reading the thread for a while now.
    Thank you, and all the experienced guys for all the awesome info up here.

I have a question for you.
    I've been on and of training for a few years without any real clue on what I'm doing.
    I have been lifting seriously for 6 months now, on a 3 day split, making solid progress.

I weight 75 kg (bulking) and my current lifts are:
    Bench 85kg 5x5
    Squats 95kg 5x5
    Deads 130kg 1x5
    Rows ~70kg 5x5
    Press 50kg 5x5
    Pull ups bodyweight +10kg plates 5x5

Do you think your routine is suitable for me, or should I try to your Intermediate routine instead.
    My point is that I am not sure how the linear progression will work from now on as I am not sure for how long can I keep adding weight on every session.
    Sticking to the basics & leaving my ego at the door

Originally Posted by PatheticLoser View Post
    Hey JasonDB,

I have been reading the thread for a while now.
    Thank you, and all the experienced guys for all the awesome info up here.

I have a question for you.
    I've been on and of training for a few years without any real clue on what I'm doing.
    I have been lifting seriously for 6 months now, on a 3 day split, making solid progress.

I weight 75 kg (bulking) and my current lifts are:
    Bench 85kg 5x5
    Squats 95kg 5x5
    Deads 130kg 1x5
    Rows ~70kg 5x5
    Press 50kg 5x5
    Pull ups bodyweight +10kg plates 5x5

Do you think your routine is suitable for me, or should I try to your Intermediate routine instead.
    My point is that I am not sure how the linear progression will work from now on as I am not sure for how long can I keep adding weight on every session.
    I think you could milk some gains out of this for about 3-6 months, but after that you'll want to switch to something more advanced.

Thanks a lot.
    I will definitely give it a good try.

One more thing. Correct me if I am wrong here.
    Once linear progression is no longer possible through this routine for a noticeable period of time, switching to a weekly linear progression routine, like the one you setup for Intermediate lifters should do the trick, right?

Originally Posted by PatheticLoser View Post
    Thanks a lot.
    I will definitely give it a good try.

One more thing. Correct me if I am wrong here.
    Once linear progression is no longer possible through this routine for a noticeable period of time, switching to a weekly linear progression routine, like the one you setup for Intermediate lifters should do the trick, right?
    Yes but the resets in this one could make it last a little longer particularly with deloads added in. Meaning if you tried to run this routine once linear gains are exhausted you could make it an early intermediate program by adding deloads every 6-8 weeks and by adding in weak point training and continue to make progress if you are not bored of it by then.

that was pretty much what i was thinking about!
    Thanks for your time replying, really appreaciated

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I apologize for the extreme noobishness of this question, but are the workouts supposed to go something like:

Monday: Workout A
    Tues: Workout B
    wed: A
    thurs: B
    fri: A

?

Or only 2 workouts per week, or??

Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BeingPaid View Post
    I apologize for the extreme noobishness of this question, but are the workouts supposed to go something like:

Monday: Workout A
    Tues: Workout B
    wed: A
    thurs: B
    fri: A

?

Or only 2 workouts per week, or??
    It's 3 workouts a week alternating A and B workouts with one day off between workouts. So it'd look something like this:

Week 1: Monday-A Wednesday-B Friday-A
    Week 2: Monday-B Wednesday-A Friday-B
    etc
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Dr. Seuss

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Stev05 View Post
    It's 3 workouts a week alternating A and B workouts with one day off between workouts. So it'd look something like this:

Week 1: Monday-A Wednesday-B Friday-A
    Week 2: Monday-B Wednesday-A Friday-B
    etc
    Perfect. Thank you.

LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Looks like a really good program, subbed to your youtube and saw it pop up

Only thing im worried about is about the rear delts?

Sorry if you've already answered it

I'll start this tomorrow and come back to you
    *** PMC ***

~Positive Crew~

Squat: 155kg/200kg 28/5/13
    Bench: 85kg/100kg 28/5/13
    Dead: 155kg/200kg 28/5/13

Originally Posted by LeeTage View Post
    Looks like a really good program, subbed to your youtube and saw it pop up

Only thing im worried about is about the rear delts?

Sorry if you've already answered it
    If you are that worried about rear delts (they are getting some compound work in this) do a couple sets of face pulls if you like every other session at the very end.

LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeeTage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    If you are that worried about rear delts (they are getting some compound work in this) do a couple sets of face pulls if you like every other session at the very end.
    Thanks for that
    *** PMC ***

~Positive Crew~

Squat: 155kg/200kg 28/5/13
    Bench: 85kg/100kg 28/5/13
    Dead: 155kg/200kg 28/5/13

wants to be called Dan. hcoyle545's Avatar
    hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Aside from the snap city deadift at the start (didnt know it was that bad til I saw it back and fixed it for later sets) how do these rows look? Time to reset 10% or is this amount of english fine?

BJJ / Greyskull LP log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166276471&p=1337135191&posted=1#post1337135191

Originally Posted by hcoyle545 View Post
    Aside from the snap city deadift at the start (didnt know it was that bad til I saw it back and fixed it for later sets) how do these rows look? Time to reset 10% or is this amount of english fine?

Rows are one of the lifts I think a lot of English is acceptable on you are still ok there but getting boarderline as I like the novice to use fairly strict form and leave loose rowing form for guys with a lot of experienc and a strong posterior chain.

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

dont turn your head.
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

Originally Posted by snrygo View Post
    dont turn your head.
    That too. Turning your head to check the mirror on a deadlift or a row is a good way to injure yourself.

hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    That too. Turning your head to check the mirror on a deadlift or a row is a good way to injure yourself.
    Aye I usually don't
    BJJ / Greyskull LP log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166276471&p=1337135191&posted=1#post1337135191

DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but I have a torn TFCC in my right wrist from my high school football days, when I try to do straight bar curls my wrist acts up, should I keep doing them through the pain with a straight bar, or should I switch to the EZ bar?

Originally Posted by DBoss11 View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but I have a torn TFCC in my right wrist from my high school football days, when I try to do straight bar curls my wrist acts up, should I keep doing them through the pain with a straight bar, or should I switch to the EZ bar?
    if something is causing you pain then the obvious thing to do is stop doing it. especially with an issue as minor as the grip on curls.
    BJJ / Greyskull LP log

swift6669 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squats

I understand how essential squatting is to this program but my squatting form sucks. I think my biggest problem is leaning forward when squatting down. What would be the best way for me to learn to squat? I have hear box squatting is a good way to start? If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it

Originally Posted by swift6669 View Post
    I understand how essential squatting is to this program but my squatting form sucks. I think my biggest problem is leaning forward when squatting down. What would be the best way for me to learn to squat? I have hear box squatting is a good way to start? If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it
    Jason has done a video on box squatting IIRC, search on his channel for it.
    BJJ / Greyskull LP log

swift6669 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jason has done a video on box squatting IIRC, search on his channel for it.
    okay i watched his box squatting vid and I guess i learn forward because my core strength sucks. Should i not be squatting? What can I do to improve my core strength in squats?

Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Jason, first off I'd like to say thanks for the routine!

I've been on it for about two weeks now, and unfortunately am signed up to Planet Fitness. I've found that at the times I go, they don't really hassle me with the deadlift situation, but with only the pre-loaded barbells I'm obviously not getting enough weight. I was wondering if dumbbell deadlifts would be an acceptable substitute. Same thing with the rows, I'm running out of weight very quickly and was wondering if one armed dumbbell rows would be an acceptable substitute for the bent over rows. Thanks.

LD4387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Zerste View Post
    Hey Jason, first off I'd like to say thanks for the routine!

I've been on it for about two weeks now, and unfortunately am signed up to Planet Fitness. I've found that at the times I go, they don't really hassle me with the deadlift situation, but with only the pre-loaded barbells I'm obviously not getting enough weight. I was wondering if dumbbell deadlifts would be an acceptable substitute. Same thing with the rows, I'm running out of weight very quickly and was wondering if one armed dumbbell rows would be an acceptable substitute for the bent over rows. Thanks.
    Originally Posted by JasonDB
    A lot of people complain about their gym being underequiped but unless you live in a small town I promise you there is a gym somewhere in your city with 4, 5 or 6 racks in it. You might have to drive a little further or pay a little more money but it ultimately comes down to your personal choice of how much you are willing to invest to achieve a goal.

Closed Thread