Closed Thread
Page 26 of 325 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast
    rbdbikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rbdbikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rbdbikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rbdbikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rbdbikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rbdbikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rbdbikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rbdbikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rbdbikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rbdbikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rbdbikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Yes.

You could probably get around 6 months of good gains out of this program then would want move on to something with a little more volume and weak point training (or you could just add your own to this program and continue messing with it). I don't know who Derek is nor am I familiar with his bulking plan. LoL
    my bad he is in the workout programs sub forum http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124752941 , i might try your routine thanks.
    "Don't be afraid to fail, be ashamed not to try."

Instagram @optimum_rocky & @awd_empire
    SC: optimumrocky

+/+++++Subaru Crew+++++\+

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rbdbikes View Post
    my bad he is in the workout programs sub forum http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124752941 , i might try your routine thanks.
    Didn't look it over in detail just wanted to see the basic pattern 4x a week upper/lower. Decent enough frequency, not ideal for the novice but not bad either. I think my program will give you slightly more gains than this one would for awhile. Once you've milked the gains out of it you could considering returning to it.

BingoBerty is not very well liked. (-100) BingoBerty is not very well liked. (-100) BingoBerty is not very well liked. (-100) BingoBerty is not very well liked. (-100) BingoBerty is not very well liked. (-100) BingoBerty is not very well liked. (-100) BingoBerty is not very well liked. (-100) BingoBerty is not very well liked. (-100) BingoBerty is not very well liked. (-100) BingoBerty is not very well liked. (-100) BingoBerty is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm gona give this a go; I've been on Stronglifts for 13 weeks and my arms have hardly grown at all - most change in my shoulders and some marginal change in my triceps.

I work out at home so I won't be able to do the Hyperextention or Kneeling Cable Crunch; I'll have to get some kit sorted and I'll probably be able to start this next week, or failing that the week after.

1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Will hop on this program next week, with on point nutrition can I expect mass gains as long as my lifts improve?
    Yes, by you signing up and purchasing clothes I receive money.

http://www.plndr.com/plndr/MembersOnly/login.aspx?r=3446808

bigdaddysheikh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdaddysheikh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdaddysheikh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdaddysheikh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdaddysheikh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdaddysheikh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Jason,

First, I would like to thank you for contributing to the community. I have found your videos very helpful and straightforward.

I have been doing SS/SL for a couple of months. I am looking forward to trying you program for the next couple of months but I am concerned about the squats. I have basketball, soccer and flag football. I realized that as I increased my weights on the squats, I could not run as much because my legs were so tired due to the squats. How could I solve this? Go lighter on squats?

or

Is there a way I can implement endurance/cardio training in this program. Or instead of squats 3x a week I switch it to 1 or twice a week. I search this thread in respect to cardio such as HIIT but could not find your response.

Thanks in advance!
    3-1: 102kg | 3-8: 100kg | 3-15: xxx | 3-22: xxx | 3-29: xxx | Month Total:
    4-5: xxx | 4-12: xxx | 4-19: xxx | 4-26: xxx | Month Total:
    5-3: xxx | 5-10: xxx | 5-17: xxx | 5-24: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 6-1: xxx

musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Basically a Reg Park 5x5 with more volume. Either way 5x5 routines are king
    Lifetime PR's

Squat 445 w/ wraps (405 raw no wraps)
    Competition Bench 275
    Deadlift 435

Training Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177139451

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 1harud1 View Post
    Will hop on this program next week, with on point nutrition can I expect mass gains as long as my lifts improve?
    Of course. As long as nutritional needs are being met, and surplus calories are present, weight increases at these volumes will produce new tissue growth pretty rapidly. I wrote this program with quick gains in size as the primary purpose of the program.

Originally Posted by bigdaddysheikh View Post
    Hey Jason,

First, I would like to thank you for contributing to the community. I have found your videos very helpful and straightforward.

I have been doing SS/SL for a couple of months. I am looking forward to trying you program for the next couple of months but I am concerned about the squats. I have basketball, soccer and flag football. I realized that as I increased my weights on the squats, I could not run as much because my legs were so tired due to the squats. How could I solve this? Go lighter on squats?

or

Is there a way I can implement endurance/cardio training in this program. Or instead of squats 3x a week I switch it to 1 or twice a week. I search this thread in respect to cardio such as HIIT but could not find your response.

Thanks in advance!
    I would actually be leery of HIIT when not cutting due to it training too many of the same metabolic pathways as squating and it negatively impacting adaptation and recovery to the squats. As far as your stamina since we have built in weight resets you shouldn't be hitting muscle failure or be so burned out that you can't do other endevours and generally what you find with endurance work is that endurance work slows progress in the weight room and reduces strength gains rather than the other way around. Most exercise scientists will agree all forms of training negatively impact other forums of training to some extent other than training for maximum strength (which this program doesn't fully do the reps are too high).

If you want your endurance work to not be negatively impact but you want to maintain most of the benefits of this program the very last thing you want to do is reduce frequency (I am assuming you are drug free) of your primary mass builders. Reduce load if you must, reduce the rate that you add weight etc so that you can work with a less taxing weight in regards to your limits so that you have more adaptation and less fatigue for your edurance work and sports... however keep the frequency high.

Originally Posted by musclehead09 View Post
    Basically a Reg Park 5x5 with more volume. Either way 5x5 routines are king
    Yeah in the early posts some people argued that I shouldn't be modifying the SL 5x5 program and clearly these people do not realize that SL 5x5 is a modified and stripped down version of much older programs and was never original. 5x5 templates have been used by champion bodybuilders for 60+ years. Reg Park is the man.

Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Completed Day on of this programme today and loved it! look forward to seeing what this can give me!

One question I have though, you may have answered this somewhere else, so I apologise if you have, but I couldn't find the answer and didn't quite understand your explanation in the video.
    In terms of progressive overload, for the squats, Do I increase the weight from Workout A the following session in workout B, or Do I squat say for example 220 pounds on workout A, then repeat that on B and up it when I get back to A again?

Thanks for your time!

Originally Posted by Gahooza View Post
    Completed Day on of this programme today and loved it! look forward to seeing what this can give me!

One question I have though, you may have answered this somewhere else, so I apologise if you have, but I couldn't find the answer and didn't quite understand your explanation in the video.
    In terms of progressive overload, for the squats, Do I increase the weight from Workout A the following session in workout B, or Do I squat say for example 220 pounds on workout A, then repeat that on B and up it when I get back to A again?

Thanks for your time!
    On the squats you can try for 5 lbs every session if you want aggressive progression. If you overshoot it is fine the weight resets are self-correcting if followed to the letter.

edwardculen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jason-

I have a two quick questions:

1) Im on week four of the workout, Im new to squatting as well. Every since I started squatting in this program my "Hip flexors"
    have been really sore during the squat motions as well as after the workout. I seem to feel the pain most in my right "hip flexor" and only when I get deep in my squat. Even after my workout and Im laying down on my back and lift my right leg up a few inches I feel pain in my right "hip flexor". Yet when I dead lift I feel zero pain, Ive been pushing through the pain for the last few weeks. Should I continue to ignore the pain since my body is new to squats is this just growing pains? Should I decrease the weight..which isnt very heavy yet, or should I take a week off from squats?

2) My upper body is way stronger then my lower when Im doing skull crusher with heavy weight my lower body wants to come up off the bench when I drop the weight behind my head. Ive tried wrapping my legs around the bench yet its very uncomfortable, the only method that seems to work is if I have someone stand on my feet during the lift. Im curious if you have any suggestions to fixing this? Would standing skull crushers be ok?

Thanks in advance

-Grant

DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JDB, so we're using the same weight throughout the five sets of five with the exception of warm ups, not ramping up weight, correct?
    --If you knew better you'd do better!--

wants to be called Dan. hcoyle545's Avatar
    hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DoolaMadness View Post
    JDB, so we're using the same weight throughout the five sets of five with the exception of warm ups, not ramping up weight, correct?
    yep
    BJJ / Greyskull LP log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166276471&p=1337135191&posted=1#post1337135191

DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hcoyle545 View Post
    yep
    Thanks
    --If you knew better you'd do better!--

Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Loving the gains off this program, just wondering what do you recommend doing when you've milked this program for all its gains in say 6 months time or so.

masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Been following this for 2 weeks now (6 sessions) and I am amazed at the results. Before I was only doing a few compounds and mainly isolation and wasn't seeing to many gains.

My shoulders are now getting more defined and my front delts are huge! The workout is so easy to follow as well.

Thanks heaps Jason!
    "Discipline...doing what needs to be done. Even when you don't want to"

Originally Posted by edwardculen View Post
    Jason-

I have a two quick questions:

1) Im on week four of the workout, Im new to squatting as well. Every since I started squatting in this program my "Hip flexors"
    have been really sore during the squat motions as well as after the workout. I seem to feel the pain most in my right "hip flexor" and only when I get deep in my squat. Even after my workout and Im laying down on my back and lift my right leg up a few inches I feel pain in my right "hip flexor". Yet when I dead lift I feel zero pain, Ive been pushing through the pain for the last few weeks. Should I continue to ignore the pain since my body is new to squats is this just growing pains? Should I decrease the weight..which isnt very heavy yet, or should I take a week off from squats?

2) My upper body is way stronger then my lower when Im doing skull crusher with heavy weight my lower body wants to come up off the bench when I drop the weight behind my head. Ive tried wrapping my legs around the bench yet its very uncomfortable, the only method that seems to work is if I have someone stand on my feet during the lift. Im curious if you have any suggestions to fixing this? Would standing skull crushers be ok?

Thanks in advance

-Grant
    Take a one week micro deload on the squats and reduce weight by 20% and what I want you to do is start doing mobility squats and 3rd world squats (you should be able to goggle both) at home, and get a foam roller and start rolling your hips twice a day during this deload. You may want to continue foam rolling them in this manner indefinately.

As to your issue with the bench and skull crushers, I have to ask how much weight you are using. I do mine with 120 lbs right now and do not have this issue, however I brace my feet under me not splayed out in front. You can even do it with your toes under or with one set of toes under the bench pressing the brace for support rather than straddling it. I've seen bigger powerlifters do skullcrushers with over 200 lbs in this manner.

Note in this video I am using 115 for the 2nd demonstration without this problem. In both videos you will noticed that I am using my toes, if you watch my food position to brace myself in a manner to where it pushes my body towards my feet. Experiment with it a bit.

Although these days I find myself doing them in the power rack with an Olympic bar which makes bracing my feet much easier.

Originally Posted by DoolaMadness View Post
    Correct. This is not Madcows 5x5.

Originally Posted by Ferello View Post
    Loving the gains off this program, just wondering what do you recommend doing when you've milked this program for all its gains in say 6 months time or so.
    Intermediates need more volume and more specialized training (again we are talking about bodybuilding now powerlifting as this is a bodybuilder routine) for weak points. Intermediates almost always have muscle imbalances that have started to develop. You could run any full body or upper/lower intermediate program (I am going to write an upper/lower for intermediates this year using dual factor recovery with aggressive ramping and frequent deloads as it has been heavily requested), Lyle's generic bulking routine isn't bad, or you could run this program with slower progress and add more volume for the weak points you develop.

Originally Posted by masonb62 View Post
    Been following this for 2 weeks now (6 sessions) and I am amazed at the results. Before I was only doing a few compounds and mainly isolation and wasn't seeing to many gains.

My shoulders are now getting more defined and my front delts are huge! The workout is so easy to follow as well.

Thanks heaps Jason!
    Good to hear you are seeing quick results. If you enjoy the shoulder change, wait till you've been on it for a few months and someone takes a picture of you from behind with your shirt off and you see the difference in how you look from behind when you see the muscles you don't see in the mirror every day.

Aaronchen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That great! health body..happy life..

bestgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This post is really informatics. Keep sharing such type of information in future too.

Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gahooza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jason, what GPP work would you recommend doing with this programme?

Originally Posted by Gahooza View Post
    Jason, what GPP work would you recommend doing with this programme?
    Whatever you prefer, barbell complexs, farmer's walks, sled drags, a prowler if you have access. However I would limit it to around 2 sessions per week and no more than 20-25 minutes as again weight lifting should be your primary training stimulous. Keep in mind I also recommend none if you do not wish to do so.

Unknownname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unknownname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unknownname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unknownname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry if this has already been answered but I was wondering if this is better than the Simple Beginners Routine. I can't post the link but it's one of the stickies. Everyone has been saying 5x5 is king so I'm curious if I should start doing this instead. My goal is size and I'm a beginner that has only been lifting for a few months.

Originally Posted by Unknownname View Post
    Sorry if this has already been answered but I was wondering if this is better than the Simple Beginners Routine. I can't post the link but it's one of the stickies. Everyone has been saying 5x5 is king so I'm curious if I should start doing this instead. My goal is size and I'm a beginner that has only been lifting for a few months.
    I'm familiar with the Simple Beginner routine by All Pro. I think my rotuine is better in some aspects but it is tit for tat. All Pro's routine is a very good routine also.

frediojason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rest periods

How long should I rest in between my sets?

Originally Posted by frediojason View Post
    How long should I rest in between my sets?
    Again... 3-5 mins on 5s, 1-2 on 8s.

Whatever you prefer, barbell complexs, farmer's walks, sled drags, a prowler if you have access. However I would limit it to around 2 sessions per week and no more than 20-25 minutes as again weight lifting should be your primary training stimulous. Keep in mind I also recommend none if you do not wish to do so.

Thanks for your help as usual! very helpful much appreciated!

Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i do shrugs with the smith machine is that ok? i find it hits it the most direct and hardest.

Originally Posted by Ferello View Post
    i do shrugs with the smith machine is that ok? i find it hits it the most direct and hardest.
    I generally think smith machines should be melted down for scrap steel... however the shrug is one of the exercises that I see little harm in using the smith on due to the very short ROM on it so there is little negative to being locked in a fixed bar path. So in this case if that is your preference feel free to do so.

Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah in the early posts some people argued that I shouldn't be modifying the SL 5x5 program and clearly these people do not realize that SL 5x5 is a modified and stripped down version of much older programs and was never original. 5x5 templates have been used by champion bodybuilders for 60+ years. Reg Park is the man.
    ^^^TRUTH^^^

Intermediates need more volume and more specialized training (again we are talking about bodybuilding now powerlifting as this is a bodybuilder routine) for weak points. Intermediates almost always have muscle imbalances that have started to develop. You could run any full body or upper/lower intermediate program (I am going to write an upper/lower for intermediates this year using dual factor recovery with aggressive ramping and frequent deloads as it has been heavily requested), Lyle's generic bulking routine isn't bad, or you could run this program with slower progress and add more volume for the weak points you develop.
    Looking forward to seeing your intermediate routine. I hope that you post it or a link to it in this thread when it is ready. I am subscribed here and using this routine on my (seems like forever) cut. When it's time to bulk early next year I will probably give the new routine a shot. Looking forward to that day. Thanks again for a great novice program.
    Weighed - 281 lbs on 1/1/2012

▪█───────█▪ 6 Weeks to Shred ▪█───────█▪

6-8: 230.4 | 6-15: xxx.x | 6-22: xxx.x | 6-29: xxx.x | | Month Total: x.x lbs
    7-6: xxx.x | 7-13: xxx.x | 7-20: xxx.x || Month Total: 0.0 lbs
    Final Total: xxx.x lbs

~NitrogenWidget's One Year in the Green Crew - Feb 2012-Feb 2013~ = 76 lbs lost

~Army Veteran Crew~

wolfhunley is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfhunley is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfhunley is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfhunley is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfhunley is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfhunley is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfhunley is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfhunley is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfhunley is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfhunley is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfhunley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    @JasonDB I finished my first week on Sunday, I feel great and am very eager to get back in the gym. Is the 2 day rest extremely necessary or would it hurt my progress to go on to my next B day tonight? thanks

mljs54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    JasonDB - I'm coming off of 13 weeks of SL and wanted to see if your program was right for me. Had a couple questions:

1. Squats - Seriously stalled on SL. Went from 85 to 180 with some good progression (usually didn't stall for more than a session) but have been stuck at 180 for a while now (even after deloading). Anything I can add to your program to improve my squat? It's well behind my BP (205) and I'd love to fix that. To your point, I also saw very little mass increase under SL (despite my lifts actually going up) and think I actually lost arm/chest size.
    2. Is a 5x5 program after SL right for me timing wise? or should I take a couple weeks-month of a split routine. Asking because there are a couple other stickied programs here I was debating on trying.

I basically want to hit the weights hard again but want to ensure I'm picking something that will give me good progression without a quick stall after SL.

Closed Thread