Closed Thread
Page 134 of 325 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 9748
    BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I'm back guys. My upper/lower was ok....but I knew how amazing my progress has been on this routine and I want to continue with that. I also felt that I was losing in my legs. This last week was a nice change of pace, but I did not enjoy the DOM's and my recovery was not very good...at all. Like Jason said, it's good to experiment and try to write your own program and fail at it. Then you go back to what is optimal. Not to say I wouldn't have gained on my upper/lower, but in the long run it may have been half of what I gained on this.

Moral of the story, listen to the experts.

And as for yall who wanted to know about my gains, well the last 8 weeks made me feel like the last year of lifting was a waste. I'll leave it at that

mattc90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just wondering will this workout progarm gain muscles to my forearm? Im asking because my forearms aren't really getting any bigger and I have been working out for almsot 4 months 2nd week on workout progarm however. Should I add a forearm workout?

BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mattc90 View Post
    Just wondering will this workout progarm gain muscles to my forearm? Im asking because my forearms aren't really getting any bigger and I have been working out for almsot 4 months 2nd week on workout progarm however. Should I add a forearm workout?
    why the hell are you worried about that little mickey mouse of a muscle!!! but yes the heavy lifts will add size and carryover, my forearms have gotten bigger....not that i really care

boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just an update on my progress. Currently finishing up my 3rd week on this program. Feeling beatdown and tired all the time but dem gainz.

5x5
    Squat 155-200 (steadily going up each workout by 5lbs, getting a lot harder though)
    Bench 140-160 (getting pretty tough)
    Deadlift 225-265 (I've been adding 10lbs this has been pretty easy)

eating a ton of food, scale is going up. Noticing size gains overall but i can tell my legs are really exploding.
    Last edited by boutTreefiddy; 02-28-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    ***Misc Hunting and Fishing Crew***
    ***Civil Engineering Crew***

GainsSlayer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Workout A
    Box Squat 3x5
    Bench Press 3x5
    Barbell Row 3x5
    Barbell Shrug 2x8
    Skullcrusher 2x8
    Chins 2x5-8
    Good morning 2x10
    Kneeling Cable Crunch 3x10-20

Workout B
    Box Squat 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5
    Standing Press 3x5
    Barbell Row 3x5 -10%
    CGBP 2x8
    Straight Bar 2x8

Took out Barbell Squats and Hyper Extensions and replaced them with Box Squats and Good Mornings. Is this fine? I've read that those can be replaced this way.

Originally Posted by GainsSlayer View Post
    Workout A
    Box Squat 3x5
    Bench Press 3x5
    Barbell Row 3x5
    Barbell Shrug 2x8
    Skullcrusher 2x8
    Chins 2x5-8
    Good morning 2x10

Workout B
    Box Squat 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5
    Standing Press 3x5
    Barbell Row 3x5 -10%
    CGBP 2x8
    Straight Bar 2x8

Took out Barbell Squats and Hyper Extensions and replaced them with Box Squats and Good Mornings. Is this fine? I've read that those can be replaced this way.
    yes but eventually you should be doing standard back squats unless you have a medical reason not to. also have someone make sure your form is perfect on those good mornings

GainsSlayer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    yes but eventually you should be doing standard back squats unless you have a medical reason not to. also have someone make sure your form is perfect on those good mornings
    Can't do barbell squats for now due to hip flexor injury. So would box squats do?

ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys, i am 27, 177lbs 6'0" 21% bf. I have very low lean mass and have come to a point where prolonging my 10 month long cut is becoming difficult even though i still have a high bf% (have lost 22kg so far!) My arms look skinny as hell but there is still a bit of belly fat.

My question is, after starting a bulking phase following jason's workout should I continue a couple of sessions of HIIT cardio? Again I have very low lean mass and never before have I ever consciously tried to grow muscle. I just don't want to get too much fat.

Also, is 2lbs a month a good rate of muscle growth? If so, would the progress I gain at that rate for 3 months translate into considerable change in the way my body looks? I am basically going for a short bulk because i want to do a quick 2 month cut before my vacation in July.

I am attaching a pic although I am 1kg lower currently, i still look about the same.
    Attached Images

NotimeMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello, I made this account just to ask something (so bare in mind im ultra noob):

I currently run on the weekends and do swiming mon/wen/fri, plus basketball sesions every here and there, all the while trying to cut.
    Can I still do this program for strenghts proposes because I wanna be stronger, or is this too much for me? or too little*?

*(I tried this workout on an offweek(from other trainings), and didnt feel a thing (throught the week) and I am quite sure I couldnt lift higher than I was doing, do I just go on higher weight for off weeks or eat less?)

Thank you very much.
    (sorry english is second language and if you already answer this u can quote, sorry but couldnt bring myslef to read after page 20).

cookaymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NotimeMike View Post
    Hello, I made this account just to ask something (so bare in mind im ultra noob):

I currently run on the weekends and do swiming mon/wen/fri, plus basketball sesions every here and there, all the while trying to cut.
    Can I still do this program for strenghts proposes because I wanna be stronger, or is this too much for me? or too little*?

*(I tried this workout on an offweek(from other trainings), and didnt feel a thing (throught the week) and I am quite sure I couldnt lift higher than I was doing, do I just go on higher weight for off weeks or eat less?)

Thank you very much.
    (sorry english is second language and if you already answer this u can quote, sorry but couldnt bring myslef to read after page 20).
    Please check page 30 of this thread to see the cutting version of this program. Basically change from 5x5 and 3x8 to 3x5 and 2x8.

Don't worry about 'not feeling anything' I'm assuming you are referring to DOMS? DOMS is very mild, if experienced at all, on this program. Jason has some videos on his youtube channel explaining that DOMS isn't really a sign of a 'successful' workout.

I don't understand your last point? If you don't think you can lift any higher, you should at least attempt it, but if you fail on two consecutive attempts reset the weight by 10% for the next session and build back up.

52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 52Lewis20Reed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So I'm going to skip squats for about a week or two since I gotta touch up on my terrible form. I've already put the Defranco's Agile 8 into my everyday routine to loosen up my hips. What else should I do daily to improve squat form? I already foam roll and do shoulder dislocations everyday.

caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 52Lewis20Reed View Post
    So I'm going to skip squats for about a week or two since I gotta touch up on my terrible form. I've already put the Defranco's Agile 8 into my everyday routine to loosen up my hips. What else should I do daily to improve squat form? I already foam roll and do shoulder dislocations everyday.
    Box squats with light weight is a good way to work on your form. I prefer doing normal squats with a light weight to work on my form. Once you start getting to larger weights just really concentrate on your form on your warm-up sets and then repeat that good form when you get to your working weight.

Also these videos should be helpful

(there's is a whole series of these, I suggest watching them all.)

Also

and

finally

My ICF 5x5 Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164244111

NotimeMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks men

Originally Posted by GainsSlayer View Post
    Can't do barbell squats for now due to hip flexor injury. So would box squats do?
    yes

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 52Lewis20Reed View Post
    Not squatting isn't going to help your squat form. Put the olympic bar on your back and squat. Get someone who knows how to squat to help, post a video on here asking for form tips. But skipping squatting for two weeks isn't going to improve your form at all. Practice is what will improve it.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

b47t0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry

Why the hell cant I put on size I must be doing something wrong

5ft 8 170lbs
    I consume 3000cal per day and at least 160g protein
    I take creatine , beta alanine and zma at night
    Been doing this programme for 2month although my lifts are going up im still struggling to gain size and I really dont know why

Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by b47t0n View Post

5ft 8 170lbs
    Been doing this programme for 2month although my lifts are going up im still struggling to gain size and I really dont know why
    3500cal gogo!

cookaymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5ft 8 170lbs
    Eat more

SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000)
    How does the progressive overload work in this routine?

For example:

Workout A, first time: Squat 5x5 100 LBS
    Workout B, first time: Squat 5x5 105LBS
    Workout A, second time: Squat 5x5 110LBS

Is that right? Or are you suppose to add 5 lbs once every week and not three times a week? (A, B, A / B, A, B etc)

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SebastianMorar View Post
    How does the progressive overload work in this routine?

For example:

Workout A, first time: Squat 5x5 100 LBS
    Workout B, first time: Squat 5x5 105LBS
    Workout A, second time: Squat 5x5 110LBS

Is that right? Or are you suppose to add 5 lbs once every week and not three times a week? (A, B, A / B, A, B etc)
    No you got it right, every workout you increase weight. With the caveat that you actually completed every set/rep without failing or having horrible form. If you fail (do not complete every rep/set) then repeat the weight next time. If you fail a second time, decrease weight by 10% and then work you way back up using 5lb increments as always.

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

5ft 8 170lbs
    Increase caloric consumption. To avoid excessive fat gain dont go for the "500 calorie" saying. Increase calories by 10%, and if weight is stalling, then increase by 5% continually until weight increases.

BUT, do not have unrealistic expectations. Even in terms of noob gains, 3-4lbs a month is pretty much maximum, in terms of lean body mass. Once you get further into a program and have gained around 15-20lbs lean body mass, 1-2lbs per month is what is recommended, and even then 1-2lbs is ONLY going to occur if literally everything is on point.

Don't be that guy that eats everything in sight just to see the scale go up, you can't force muscle to grow faster than it should, no matter what stage of development you are in.

SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Charlie581 View Post
    No you got it right, every workout you increase weight. With the caveat that you actually completed every set/rep without failing or having horrible form. If you fail (do not complete every rep/set) then repeat the weight next time. If you fail a second time, decrease weight by 10% and then work you way back up using 5lb increments as always.
    Alright, thanks. But what about the barbell rows in this routine? It says Workout A: Barbell Rows 5x5. Workout B: Barbell Rows 5x5 -10%

Does that mean, for example:
    Workout A: Barbell Rows 5x5 100 LBS
    Workout B: Barbell Rows 5x5 90 LBS
    Workout A: Barbell Rows 5x5 105 LBS
    ..and so on?

Alright, thanks. But what about the barbell rows in this routine? It says Workout A: Barbell Rows 5x5. Workout B: Barbell Rows 5x5 -10%

Does that mean, for example:
    Workout A: Barbell Rows 5x5 100 LBS
    Workout B: Barbell Rows 5x5 90 LBS
    Workout A: Barbell Rows 5x5 105 LBS
    ..and so on?
    Yep, you got it

Yep, you got it
    Ah, thanks for the help man.

Ah, thanks for the help man.
    No problem. If you have any other questions, just refer back to the original video on the first page.

Almost every question that gets posted in this thread can be answered by watching it.

b47t0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Increase caloric consumption. To avoid excessive fat gain dont go for the "500 calorie" saying. Increase calories by 10%, and if weight is stalling, then increase by 5% continually until weight increases.

BUT, do not have unrealistic expectations. Even in terms of noob gains, 3-4lbs a month is pretty much maximum, in terms of lean body mass. Once you get further into a program and have gained around 15-20lbs lean body mass, 1-2lbs per month is what is recommended, and even then 1-2lbs is ONLY going to occur if literally everything is on point.

Don't be that guy that eats everything in sight just to see the scale go up, you can't force muscle to grow faster than it should, no matter what stage of development you are in.

3000cal is them uped from 2500 whats good to eat to boost my calories that wont get me fat

3000cal is them uped from 2500 whats good to eat to boost my calories that wont get me fat
    Well first, 2500calories increased by 10% is 2750 calories.

Second, eat whatever you want within you macronutrient range. No one food is going to get you fat.

OVER CONSUMING CALORIES FOR AN EXTENDED TIME FRAME IS WHAT WILL CAUSE FAT GAIN

Get most or your calories from whole foods to allow for proper mico-nutrient intake, and then what is left for daily caloric intake is essentially discretionary. There is 0% benefit from overconsumpiton of vitamins/minerals.
    Use common sense/self control

lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are there any tweaks I can add to this to really push it in the hypertrophy area?
    I've just finished week 3 and there's been huge improvements in strength, but not much in hypertrophy?
    Fat, Overweight and Embarrassed.

Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lewisab View Post
    Are there any tweaks I can add to this to really push it in the hypertrophy area?
    I've just finished week 3 and there's been huge improvements in strength, but not much in hypertrophy?
    just by adding weights you cause great amount of hypertrophy,you just have to be patient with muscle gains.

tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lewisab View Post
    Maybe you need to wait a little longer before seeing any real changes. Also eat more if your not already.
    "You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action!"

***Traditional Wet Shaving Crew***
    ***Disregard everything else, acquire aesthetics crew***
    ***Scotland crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***MFC Crew***

★★ The WAKE UP EARLY because I CHOOSE to Crew ★★

Dallas Cowboys. Texas Longhorns. Glasgow Rangers. Texas Rangers.

Closed Thread
Page 134 of 325 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 ... LastLast