Closed Thread
Page 130 of 325 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 9748
    Entonis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Charlie581 View Post
    I see this all the time, so ill give an easy answer

DONT!!! Can you get away with adding more than 5lbs? Yes, but you are going to stall out FAST and possible hurt yourself. There is a big difference between having a hard time doing 225x5 and the next day throw on an extra 10lbs. Adding smaller weight increments allows your body to adjust properly without overloading the work. As you progress even further, you might even need to invest in micro plates (1.25lbs each, so you add 2.5lbs instead) so to keep up with linear progression and avoid consistent stalling.

Bottom line, be patient. Your not going to change overnight
    Well I know that, it's obvious, but I meant to say that I can't add 5lbs because there is no way I can do it. The uni gym have 2 bars, 1 can be used for squats, DL, curls, the other one is old and looks like it's home made and the deal with weights for that bar is the same ( weights are old and fits on that bar only), so I can't add 5lbs on one bar even I would buy it. And I CANT use the newer bar for exercises I haven't mentioned. I'm basically in the dead end. Any suggestions?

Saucen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saucen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saucen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saucen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saucen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saucen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saucen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saucen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saucen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saucen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saucen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know this is gonna sound weak as fuk but I've always had a weak as fuk upperbody.

Hit 125 x 5 x5 on Bench Press today.

125 x 5 is the most i've ever benched.

Gotta start somewhere I guess.
    FGC Crew | MFC OG

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Entonis View Post
    Well I know that, it's obvious, but I meant to say that I can't add 5lbs because there is no way I can do it. The uni gym have 2 bars, 1 can be used for squats, DL, curls, the other one is old and looks like it's home made and the deal with weights for that bar is the same ( weights are old and fits on that bar only), so I can't add 5lbs on one bar even I would buy it. And I CANT use the newer bar for exercises I haven't mentioned. I'm basically in the dead end. Any suggestions?
    Im gonna level with you, it's kind of difficult to understand what you're asking, but i'm gonna give it a shot.
    You think that adding 5lbs each session is going to be too difficult? ( i assume this is the question)
    In reality, it's a reasonable amount. If you find you fail on the lift (do not get all 5x5 reps/sets) Then repeat the weight next workout. If failed a second time, reduce weight 10% and work your way back up. This goes for all the exercises.

As for the crappy equipment situation, you may want to find a new gym, or else theres not much you can do about that.
    Last edited by Charlie581; 02-27-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Litres View Post
    Currently can't do squats due to hip flexor injury. Hip flexors hurt when i squat down to parallel. So what would you guys recommend i replace the 3x5 squats (cutting currently) with for the moment? I find leg presses to be doable. And if i do replace them with leg presses, do i keep the sets at 3x5, or increase the number of sets to 4x5,5x5,6x5 etc since leg presses are not as demanding as squats.
    What do you mean by hurt? As in sharp, intense pain or do they just feel generally sore while doing them? I have hip flexor issues myself. I've been making sure to really warm them up well before squatting. I also do hip flexor specific stretches several nights a week. Check out some rehab stretches you can do for them to help with flexibility. PM me if you have any questions or want to know which ones I do specifically.
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Dr. Seuss

Im gonna level with you, it's kind of difficult to understand what you're asking, but i'm gonna give it a shot.
    You think that adding 5lbs each session is going to be too difficult? ( i assume this is the question)
    In reality, it's a reasonable amount. If you find you fail on the lift (do not get all 5x5 reps/sets) Then repeat the weight next workout. If failed a second time, reduce weight 10% and work your way back up. This goes for all the exercises.

As for the crappy equipment situation, you may want to find a new gym, or else theres not much you can do about that.
    Well you got it right in the last sentence. I'm concerned about 5lbs not because it's difficult, but because my uni gym equipment is pretty poor. You really don't have any other suggestion for this kind of situation? Because other gym from my uni is pretty far. Sorry for my English tho,I don't use it often .

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well you got it right in the last sentence. I'm concerned about 5lbs not because it's difficult, but because my uni gym equipment is pretty poor. You really don't have any other suggestion for this kind of situation? Because other gym from my uni is pretty far. Sorry for my English tho,I don't use it often .
    Getting your own equipment or moving to a better gym. If the current gym's equipment is what concerns you then those are pretty much your only options. Sorry man

Getting your own equipment or moving to a better gym. If the current gym's equipment is what concerns you then those are pretty much your only options. Sorry man
    Oh well, ty tho.

Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BobLoblaw357 View Post
    p.s. i'm aware that you recommend against doing high rep work w/ the squats and deadlift due to possible injury (watched this morning's video), but why not higher reps for the supplemental stuff?
    Someone else feel free to chime in and correct me if Im wrong, but I believe Jason advocates that you go with the program as is and then cut back on sets etc if the volume is too much to maintain while cutting.

The accessory work is higher rep (3x8), and if you are lifting at 65% of your 1RM for these, then 3x8 would be more then enough. If you are feeling as though those 3x8s are getting easy, its time to up your weight. There is no reason that you cannot increase your lifts while cutting.

I am certainly no expert when it comes to hypertrophy, lord knows there are too many keyboard-warriors who claim there are, but it is at present my understanding that by reducing the weight too much and doing more reps to maintain the volume you are omitting the benefits of taxing the CNS with heavy weights.

I hope this helps.
    Audioholic - Paradigm Studio 100's, CC-690, Velodyne DD-15, Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH. When I play my music loud, neighbors down the street hear it.

joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Thaedius View Post
    Someone else feel free to chime in and correct me if Im wrong, but I believe Jason advocates that you go with the program as is and then cut back on sets etc if the volume is too much to maintain while cutting.

The accessory work is higher rep (3x8), and if you are lifting at 65% of your 1RM for these, then 3x8 would be more then enough. If you are feeling as though those 3x8s are getting easy, its time to up your weight. There is no reason that you cannot increase your lifts while cutting.

I am certainly no expert when it comes to hypertrophy, lord knows there are too many keyboard-warriors who claim there are, but it is at present my understanding that by reducing the weight too much and doing more reps to maintain the volume you are omitting the benefits of taxing the CNS with heavy weights.

I hope this helps.
    This^^^

You should do the program as it is. And cut the main lifts down to 3x5 if you are cutting.

If you can't do the program as it is just don't do it.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    Never having kids crew

So fat.

Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have a look online Entonis, there are pretty reasonable prices out there for micro-weight sets that you can bring to the gym and use for those 2.5-5lbs weight adjustments. Definitely worth the investment if your gym is like mine and you have to hunt down the micro weights scattered throughout the joint.
    Audioholic - Paradigm Studio 100's, CC-690, Velodyne DD-15, Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH. When I play my music loud, neighbors down the street hear it.

Have a look online Entonis, there are pretty reasonable prices out there for micro-weight sets that you can bring to the gym and use for those 2.5-5lbs weight adjustments. Definitely worth the investment if your gym is like mine and you have to hunt down the micro weights scattered throughout the joint.
    Thanks for advice, but my main problem is that I'll need to find weights that would work on old bar in the uni gym.

Thanks for advice, but my main problem is that I'll need to find weights that would work on old bar in the uni gym.
    Don`t suppose you have a picture of this bar... if its an olympic bar it wont be an issue. If its not, then there must be custom sized plates on it from somewhere, perhaps investigating that manufacture may yield results.

Don`t suppose you have a picture of this bar... if its an olympic bar it wont be an issue. If its not, then there must be custom sized plates on it from somewhere, perhaps investigating that manufacture may yield results.
    It's not olympic bar, but i'll try my best to find custom sized plates. Thanks for advice again .

steam308 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How much weight do I add per work out? So I can keep from stalling

cookaymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by steam308 View Post
    Have you watched the video?

tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by steam308 View Post
    Watch the video, this is answered there.
    "You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action!"

***Traditional Wet Shaving Crew***
    ***Disregard everything else, acquire aesthetics crew***
    ***Scotland crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***MFC Crew***

★★ The WAKE UP EARLY because I CHOOSE to Crew ★★

Dallas Cowboys. Texas Longhorns. Glasgow Rangers. Texas Rangers.

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's not olympic bar, but i'll try my best to find custom sized plates. Thanks for advice again .
    get some magnets. just google the word magnet and the weight you want... i posted some pics of my magnet micro plates a few weeks ago here...
    there good for any bars/weights or dumbbells
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

Originally Posted by lrd3 View Post
    get some magnets. just google the word magnet and the weight you want... i posted some pics of my magnet micro plates a few weeks ago here...
    there good for any bars/weights or dumbbells
    deffo thanks!

aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What do you think of this for a modified version?

MONDAY/TUESDAY

Chest/Triceps

Bench Press 5x5

Skullcrushers 3x8

Decline Dumbbell Press 3x5

Triceps Pulldown 3x8

Chest Dips 3x8

THURSDAY

Back/Biceps

Deadlift 1x5

Barbell Row 5x5

Chins 3x5-8

Bicep Curl 3x8

Hyperextension 2x10

Kneeling Cable Crunch 3x15

SATURDAY

Legs/Shoulders/Abs

Squat 5x5

Military Press 3x6

Glute Ham Raise 3x8

Lateral Raise 3x12

Calf Press 3x10

Hanging Leg Lifts 3x6

Originally Posted by aek427 View Post

MONDAY/TUESDAY

Chest/Triceps

Bench Press 5x5

Skullcrushers 3x8

Triceps Pulldown 3x8

Chest Dips 3x8

THURSDAY

Back/Biceps

Deadlift 1x5

Barbell Row 5x5

Chins 3x5-8

Bicep Curl 3x8

Hyperextension 2x10

SATURDAY

Legs/Shoulders/Abs

Squat 5x5

Military Press 3x6

Glute Ham Raise 3x8

Lateral Raise 3x12

Calf Press 3x10

Hanging Leg Lifts 3x6

No.

MONDAY/TUESDAY

Chest/Triceps

Bench Press 5x5

Skullcrushers 3x8

Triceps Pulldown 3x8

Chest Dips 3x8

THURSDAY

Back/Biceps

Deadlift 1x5

Barbell Row 5x5

Chins 3x5-8

Bicep Curl 3x8

Hyperextension 2x10

SATURDAY

Legs/Shoulders/Abs

Squat 5x5

Military Press 3x6

Glute Ham Raise 3x8

Lateral Raise 3x12

Calf Press 3x10

Hanging Leg Lifts 3x6
    lol for bro splits troll.

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)

MONDAY/TUESDAY

Chest/Triceps

Bench Press 5x5

Skullcrushers 3x8

Triceps Pulldown 3x8

Chest Dips 3x8

THURSDAY

Back/Biceps

Deadlift 1x5

Barbell Row 5x5

Chins 3x5-8

Bicep Curl 3x8

Hyperextension 2x10

SATURDAY

Legs/Shoulders/Abs

Squat 5x5

Military Press 3x6

Glute Ham Raise 3x8

Lateral Raise 3x12

Calf Press 3x10

Hanging Leg Lifts 3x6
    I think you're being disrespectful to Jason by posting this in here. If you want to write a program, go ahead and write one, this thread is intended to answer questions and discus Jason's program
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Has anyone replaced the cable crunches with something else? If so, what?

I've hit the max weight I can do at my gym on those already and am just upping the reps every time now

missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stuntmanhy View Post
    Has anyone replaced the cable crunches with something else? If so, what?

I've hit the max weight I can do at my gym on those already and am just upping the reps every time now
    I've been doing decline situps while holding a plate. Have seen Jason recommend them to people who were looking to replace the cable crunches.

aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aek427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    I think you're being disrespectful to Jason by posting this in here. If you want to write a program, go ahead and write one, this thread is intended to answer questions and discus Jason's program
    Can you please explain why it's disrespectful to try and incorporate his main exercises into my routine and asking advice on it?

Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Another option you could look into is chains. You can buy chains in the weight you need and add them to the bar. It's not as convenient as micro plates, but whatever it takes, right? But the magnets are a good idea if you can find those.
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Dr. Seuss

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Can you please explain why it's disrespectful to try and incorporate his main exercises into my routine and asking advice on it?
    You wrote your own program and try to discuss it in a thread about his program. Your question would be better asked in the general forum. If you are a novice you should not be changing the program. As for advice, pick a proven program.

stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) stuntmanhy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by missladyj View Post
    I've been doing decline situps while holding a plate. Have seen Jason recommend them to people who were looking to replace the cable crunches.
    Thanks, same reps I take it? Gonna give this a go on friday

tadyz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. Because this is thread for Jason's workout. Not yours.
    2. This is strictly full body workout. Not splits. Jason said multiple times that splits doesn't work as good for novices as full body workout.
    3. You can ask your question in other sections of the forum.

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here's a question, why 1x5 on deadlifts? Just curious why not 3x5 or 5x5.

Closed Thread
Page 130 of 325 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast