Malik182 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Malik182 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Struggling to walk 2days after leg workout

I worked on my legs 2days ago, I am still finding it hard to walk about and go up and down the stairs, my thighs(especially the back)-hamstrings are sore, it feels good because I know I worked hard but its taking ages to recover, I have been using glutamine and drinking lots of water and stretching. How can I recover fast as I want to go gym tomorrow and train upper body but I am walking like a penguin.

KilluaTheKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) KilluaTheKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) KilluaTheKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) KilluaTheKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) KilluaTheKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) KilluaTheKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) KilluaTheKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) KilluaTheKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) KilluaTheKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) KilluaTheKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) KilluaTheKid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Malik182 View Post
    I worked on my legs 2days ago, I am still finding it hard to walk about and go up and down the stairs, my thighs(especially the back)-hamstrings are sore, it feels good because I know I worked hard but its taking ages to recover, I have been using glutamine and drinking lots of water and stretching. How can I recover fast as I want to go gym tomorrow and train upper body but I am walking like a penguin.
    get a good rest, extend your sleep, drink water, eat oranges and bananas just to prevent cramp. I used to had this sore from leg day and couldn't walk properly. I went down the stairs at school. Quads couldn't hold up trip, almost fell down if i didn't hold onto the wall. I just gave it a good rest.
    Hope this help OP

shanny69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rest
    Sleep
    Get enough protein and ice your muscles to try and speed up recovery

Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Drink lots of water. Maybe take a nap. Also glutamine is basically a waste of money. There is tons of studies that show it doesn't work. I.e.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19421321 ,http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17111006 You're better off just taking some fish oil to help with joints, sleeping a little longer and taking something like amino energy because: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18974721

poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    First time working out your legs OP?

Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stats: 5'10", 128 lbs

isthisreallife.jpg

Stop taking glutamine.

Eat a ****ton.

It's called DOMS, goes away once you start actually lifting.
    "Do not try to fake passion, because eventually somebody will come along who is truly passionate and they will fuking embarass you"- Ryan Doris

longest name on teh misc SammmyChannnnnn's Avatar
    SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rest another day, eat, sleep, and go squat again. DOMS will disappear like magic.

Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I rep back +200✔

S: 465
    B: 325
    D: 545

Proud owner of a 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA 5.7L with T-Top, and digital dash.

Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Francis333 View Post
    Stats: 5'10", 128 lbs

isthisreallife.jpg

Stop taking glutamine.

Eat a ****ton.

It's called DOMS, goes away once you start actually lifting.
    Someone I'm heavier than :')

KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i get this too everyone says they can walk the day after for me its is always 48 hours after i feel your pain brah

evokb24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evokb24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evokb24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evokb24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evokb24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evokb24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evokb24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evokb24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evokb24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evokb24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evokb24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KierenM067 View Post
    i get this too everyone says they can walk the day after for me its is always 48 hours after i feel your pain brah
    Always? You must be doing it wrong

Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Comedybreak is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by KierenM067 View Post
    You sure you're not tearing muscles or getting hurt instead of being sore?

rayowns1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayowns1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayowns1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayowns1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayowns1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayowns1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayowns1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayowns1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayowns1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayowns1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayowns1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ask my Ex's they'll let you know how they worked that out. But yeah first time I worked out my legs I was sore for like a week you just have to thug it out. Feel me?

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This hapens to extremely unconditioned people with the work capacity of a sloth.

JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    contrast showers. start hot for a minute then do as cold as you can possibly stand(you should be shivering) for 30 seconds then repeat 3 or 4 times and finish on cold, its very important to finish cold.. this will help get the blood flow and prevent lactic acid buildup.. this is the reason you get sore.. it works wonders for me and speeds up recovery. and do the other things peolpe suggested eat more rest more drink more water. and eat more bro.

google contrast showers. football and rugby players do lots of ice baths for recvery and im guessing you dont have a tub of ice. so the freezing showers work! and you feel great after.
    I rep back.

Malik182 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Malik182 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by poptarts View Post
    First time working out your legs OP?
    yeh first time working on legs

lol so true,

Mazillion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazillion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazillion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazillion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazillion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazillion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazillion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazillion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazillion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazillion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazillion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you're probably just new to working out, right OP? i used to get sore every time when i first started working out. i stopping getting sore after like two weeks though. one time i literally could barely walk for like 4-5 days. it sucked a lot.

IWillNotFall will become famous soon enough. (+50) IWillNotFall will become famous soon enough. (+50) IWillNotFall will become famous soon enough. (+50) IWillNotFall will become famous soon enough. (+50) IWillNotFall will become famous soon enough. (+50) IWillNotFall will become famous soon enough. (+50) IWillNotFall will become famous soon enough. (+50) IWillNotFall will become famous soon enough. (+50) IWillNotFall will become famous soon enough. (+50) IWillNotFall will become famous soon enough. (+50) IWillNotFall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't care what people say, after a leg workout I take a ridiculously warm bath with about 350 litres of Radoxnin it (bath stuff, UK Brah here).
    You're right with stretching, keep protein intake high and drink loads of water, on the right track mate!
    Dogs can't look up.