Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Preparing Everyday for the Stage with No Show Date in Sight

I thought there would be no better time than now to transition out of my old log that I have had here on bodybuilding.com and start new and fresh. For those of you that did not follow me through my old log here is a bit of info about me. I am 23 and have just married my best friend and moved to Kentucky to start our new life together. This past year and a half has been a whirlwind of bodybuilding fun, triumphs and struggles along with some health issues all of which I would not have traded for the world. I am a 3DMJ athlete and from the moment I started working with them I knew as far as my bodybuilding career was concerned they would always be apart in some fashion. Due to the health issues that I experienced last year and trying every other possible route I am now on HRT treatment for the low testosterone issues I had that were greatly negatively impacting my life far beyond bodybuilding. If it was just bodybuilding that it was impacting I would have just hung up this passion of mine for the sake of my well being but that was not the case, my health issues were impacting every part of my life. So I have nothing to hide, but I am no longer able to compete as a “natural” bodybuilder. With that in mind I am a highly competitive individual who loves to train and push myself beyond my limits and would love to one day step on an NPC stage again and be competitive. That is why I chose this thread title, every part of me would love to compete again one day I know that is going to take a lot of time and work on my part and I look forward to the challenge. At the same time I am now the leader of my household and my main priority is to provide and love my wife Jordan and bodybuilding will not take precedence over her. So yes I will be training to compete again one day but not at the expense of it taking priority over the more important people in my life.

I just got back from an incredible honeymoon with Jordan in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. We stayed at an all inclusive resort where the food was all 5 star quality and it was readily available in abundance! If I had to give an honest guess at my intake daily while I was there I was probably somewhere around 150/350-400/300. The Resort had 7 restaurants for us to choose from that had all different kinds of foods all with a Mexican twist. I was in heaven, I ended up loosing 5 lbs while I was there, it seemed like the more I ate the hungrier I got and as the week went on I could tell that I was loosing weight, clothes were fitting differently and my new wedding band was getting loose something that Jordan was not happy about. I had sushi and sashimi available to me for every meal at every restaurant as well as room service. Up to the honeymoon I was running a mini cut that my at one point my macros were 110/115/230 and then I increased them up to the wedding and continued to lose fat with my macros being 110/200/230 on training days and 110/165/230 on off days. I weighed 180-181 the week before the wedding and came back this week 176 so I will be increasing calories from this point forward to support my training. I will also be allowing a lot of free meals with Jordan cooking at night, date nights ect. This past week showed me that I can definitely handle myself and also handle the extra calories.

So that is just a little update on me and the changes that have happened in my life so I thought it would be a great time to start in new chapter in my logging as well. Now down to the meat and potatoes of training and nutrition and some current pictures, there will be more pics to come from the trip but this is what I have for now.

Training
    I am doing my own programming and nutrition right now, with me having such and extended off season I thought it would be a good way for me to continue to learn my body and use the knowledge I have gained from school (Exercise Science Major as well as applying what I have learned from Alberto).
    I am using a non linear approach currently that is hypertrophy focused mainly, as well as some strength work in the main 4 lifts. I am continuing to transition into more of a hypertrophy style of training. I love powerlifting but an honest assessment of myself is that I am not the strongest guy and I feel that I have more strengths on the body building side than I do the powerlifting side especially in the untested realm of competition.

The following split is very similar to what I have been doing lately but I am putting a little more emphasis on what needs work or what I would like to see brought up. Chest, Arms and Hamstrings (legs overall)

Split:
    Upper Power Bench emphasis. Push focused hypertrophy day
    Lower power
    Off (BFR Work/Recovery)
    Back/Biceps
    Push Hypertrophy
    Legs Hypertrophy

Nutrition
    Giving myself an immediate carb bump of 50 grams to try and get back what I lost from the trip so here are my current starting numbers for all days. Ill monitor it closely I really feel like my metabolism is taking off so I will be weighing myself (side note: we got a legit scale at our shower with all of these cool features!) not for the sake of being neurotic about it but to make sure the scale is heading in the right direction.

110/250/230

Photos: Many more to come but here are a few current physique shots. The first I am not going to lie I am proud of not for the size but for the fact that I got really burned our second day in mexico and as you can see the low bar mark on my back for some reason did not get burned, this was also the case during my last contest season that area in my back had a hard time accepting dream tan.

I took this last night just for the sake of this log until I can get the other pics off of the camera. This was taken after three meals bodywight here was 181.6

Training this week has been a bit jumbled but its all here, we traveled all day Monday back to Ga, got to my parents house late monday night finshed packing up my room and headed to Kentucky on Tuesday I was able to lift Tuesday night but had to cut it short due to the gym closing so I went in last night for a second session to finish up what I had planned for Tuesday.

Training from 9.18.12

Upper
    Bench
    250x5
    250x6 (2 sets)

Incline Hammer Press
    2p+25psx8
    2p+35x6
    2p+40x6

Incline Cable flye/Incline Barbell press (superset) 4 sets
    50x8/135x12
    60x8/155x8 (3 sets)

Chest Triset (4 sets)

Pec Deck with 2 sec contraction x 10 @ 110
    Decline Bench x 8 @ 155
    Dips x 15 - 15 -12 -10
    *Rest of the workout was finished Wednesday night

Lower

Squats
    345x6 (4 sets)

Barbell RDL
    225x8
    275x8 (3 sets)

Lunges (right leg then left)
    80x8
    90x8

DB Split stance squats/Adduction (superset) 2 sets
    90x8/stackx12

Leg Press
    5ppsx35+15 1 rest pause set

Leg extension
    140x12 (4 sets)

PM Workout
    Standing Calf Raise
    200x8 (8 sets with 30 sec rest)

Rear High cable fly
    22.5x15 (3 sets)
    22x5x15 + 30 partials

Band pull apart
    x50 (1 set)

Lateral Raise
    20x10 (5 sets with 20 sec rest)

Triceps 45 sec rest between all sets
    V grip press down
    4x10

Machine Dips
    120x8 (3 sets)

Banded smith cg press
    135x8 + micro mini

Dip
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IN!!!!!!! Lots of great things going on in your life, Matty, excited to be along for the ride!
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Follow me on twitter @mattrepece and InstaGram at mrepece!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161395983 - 2014 prep log!

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    on for the ride!!!!
    advertising not permitted

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In! Definite looking good to start.

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i dunno WTF you're talking about "not as strong"... i would be you could post a VERY respectable total in a PL meet! no matter, though, you can def. count me in for this... us HRT people gotta stick together

lookin super solid BTW, your back and delts are sick nasty!
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude my man.. You know ill be rolling along.
    Pics you are looking SICK man.. Jealous!

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    YES! In!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Back and Biceps Split Session

AM: Back

1 arm T bar Row (using T bar)
    75x8
    85x8 (2 sets)
    90x8 (2 sets)

Rack Pulls/Iso Lat pull down hammer machine (Superset 5 sec eccentric on both lifts)
    315x4/235x8
    335x4/235x8 (2 sets)
    355x4/235x8 (2 sets)
    *This was very challenging being that I just trained hamstrings hard yesterday especially with the slow negatives on the pulls but I wanted to stay on track this week and not get a day behind due to travel

Seated V grip row to sternum
    100x10 (4 sets)

Neutral Grip pull down 2 handles
    100x20
    115x15
    135x12
    155x9

Hyperextensions + mini + monster mini
    x15 drop bwx10 (3 sets)

PM: Biceps

Fat Grip seated supinated curls/Hammer Machine Preacher curl (4 sets superset)
    25x10/45x10

Rope Hammer curl + fat grips
    60x10 (5 sets with 20 sec rest)

Barbell Curl
    60x15 (4 sets with 45 sec rest)

No scientific reasoning between splitting up my sessions. Jordan travels a lot during the week so until I start with work I will be going to the gym twice a day just to have something to do in the evenings instead of sitting around in a new town with nothing to do. It gives me something to look forward to!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Originally Posted by wheathins View Post
    IN!!!!!!! Lots of great things going on in your life, Matty, excited to be along for the ride!
    Glad to have you brother! How is things going for you!

Originally Posted by Rypt1 View Post
    In! Definite looking good to start.
    Thanks man, lots of improvements need to be made thats for sure but I am happy with where I am at currently! Glad to have you
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    i dunno WTF you're talking about "not as strong"... i would be you could post a VERY respectable total in a PL meet! no matter, though, you can def. count me in for this... us HRT people gotta stick together

lookin super solid BTW, your back and delts are sick nasty!
    Now I am not saying that I wont compete in PL in the very near future... I am just saying I need to stick to keeping the goal the goal I am a bodybuilder at heart!

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Dude my man.. You know ill be rolling along.
    Pics you are looking SICK man.. Jealous!
    Dont be my man your in a great spot yourself!
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    YES! In!
    I knew I could count on ya!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

NickGee is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickGee is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickGee is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickGee is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickGee is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickGee is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickGee is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickGee is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickGee is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickGee is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickGee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Subbed

devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm in! although i've been more of a lurker lately, i'm still in. plus i keep up with you over the social networks more anyway. Can't wait to see the 200lb Matt!
    CAN and WILL
    100% Natural Bodybuilding
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM
    www.biolayne.com

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was in Playa Del Carmen earlier this year, honestly one of my new favorite places. We are going back next year. I love that exchange rate lol. Congrats on the honeymoon. Lots of great stuff happening in this journal..keep it up.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Second day of Push Hypertrohpy this week. I am programming this with a 2:1 ratio of hypertrohpy to strength work. Volume was not high today but it was a very effective day.

*All chest sets superset with overhead band pull aparts
    Seated Cable Fly
    50x10 with 2 second contractions

Hammer chest press
    185x15 (2 sets)
    205x15 (2 sets)

Banded Wide Hammer Chest press
    225x8 (3 sets)
    185x8 + 15 partials

Machine side laterals
    40x30
    47.5x30
    40x30

DB Seated Front raise over head
    15x12 (4 sets) A lot harder than I expected

Rear delt strip set
    30x30 Partials - 25x30 Partials - 15x15 Full ROM - 10x15 ROM

Rope press down
    4x15

SA cross body cable extension (10 sec rest between sets)
    4x8

RG tricep press down
    3x15

These arrived today!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not natty. Negged.

trollface.gif
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Originally Posted by NickGee View Post
    Subbed
    Thanks brother!

Originally Posted by devinh View Post
    I'm in! although i've been more of a lurker lately, i'm still in. plus i keep up with you over the social networks more anyway. Can't wait to see the 200lb Matt!
    Ive been doing the same my man, glad to see that squat is coming back up! I cant wait to see that either, although It will be a long time off, going to try to do it right this time around! Unless Jordan starts spiking my dinner with straight lard haha.

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I was in Playa Del Carmen earlier this year, honestly one of my new favorite places. We are going back next year. I love that exchange rate lol. Congrats on the honeymoon. Lots of great stuff happening in this journal..keep it up.
    We loved it! Where did you stay? We were making plans to go back while we were there. I had a blast on 5th ave as well trying to talk the guys down on gifts and Jordan absolutely hated that part she said she wanted to crawl in a hole haha.

Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Not natty. Negged.

trollface.gif
    Wont be back moving my log over to MD haha
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Honeymoon Pictures

The BEST pineapple cake I have ever had was waiting on us in the room our first night when we arrived

One of the fountains in the Garden area of our resort, heading to dinner one night

Creme Brulee

Tres Leche Cake

Dessert Tray I had delivered to the room one night

Sushi 4 days!

The walkway we are on lead straight out the backdoor of our patio down to the beach, we were momentarily living the dream lol

Back Dub
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Mas Sushi!

Fried Tempura Ice cream
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Legs

Lying Leg curl
    6 sets with 20 sec rest
    110x10,10,10,10,6,5

Hack Squat (constant tension/3 sec eccentric)
    4p+25psx6 (6 sets)

Leg press
    7ppsx30
    8p+25psx25

Hack squat
    1p+25psx50

DB RDL
    120x10 (3 sets)

Seated Calf machine
    2ppsxfailure (4 sets 45 sec rest between)

Good session, knocked it out to catch the 12 oclock kick offs!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude! I came into your log to tell you to post pics and BAM! There they are

Looks like a good time! Sushi + desserts = WIN!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    honeymoon looks like an amazing time, glad you could enjoy it now that everything has been sorted out... even that painting lady be mirin the BDB lol
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    honeymoon looks like an amazing time, glad you could enjoy it now that everything has been sorted out... even that painting lady be mirin the BDB lol
    agreed! looks fun bro! enjoy enjoy enjoy
    advertising not permitted

andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In on this...congrats on the honey moon buddy! Best wishes!

Upper Power (Bench Focus)/Hyper push

Bench
    260x3 (3 sets)
    260x5
    *I had to unrack these sets myself today, sounds like a major bitch move by me but I definitely changed my sets a bit.

Hammer Flat Press
    2ppsx8
    2p+25psx8
    2p+35psx8
    3ppsx6

Slight Incline DB Press/Fly combo
    60x8
    70x8
    75x8
    Regular Incline DB Press no lockout
    80x8
    85x8
    90x8 Felt great after all the sets

Stretch Pushups off boxes
    x21,15,15

Decline Barbell
    185x8
    155x10 (2 sets)

Straight bar Pressdown
    115x12 (5 sets)

Lateral Raise + Partials
    25x8+15 partials (4 sets)
    SUPERSET
    Orange band pull aparts x 10

Neutral Grip Pull ups
    Bwx8,6,6

Pull downs
    120x8 (2 sets)

Fat grip rope curl
    70x10 (5 sets)

Hard but good day, pretty sore already from this morning.

Pics
    Skipped my anabolic window today to take a nap and woke up like this.

Been really digging some over easy eggs as of late!

Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Volume Junkie and Good Eats.
    I like where this is going.. getting leaner and getting stronger. Doing it right.

Upper Power

One of the hardest workouts I have had in quite a while.

Squats
    370x3 (5 sets)
    Video of set 5 of 5

Dead lifts
    370x1 (5 sets with one minute rest)
    I sliced my thumb pretty bad on the new blender we got as a wedding gift (ninja its pretty BA haha) anyway so I could not hold onto the bar for more than one rep and the power lifter in me did not think about putting straps on until just now.

Barbell RDL's
    280x8 (3 sets)

DB lunges/Adduction
    95x8 EL/100x8 (3 sets)

Leg press
    5ppsx50 (1 set)
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Volume Junkie and Good Eats.
    I like where this is going.. getting leaner and getting stronger. Doing it right.
    Love that volume! I am honestly to the point where I think i need to be getting in more food but its just the mental thing of getting over being leaner again and forcing myself to do it. Its got to be done for long term progress.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Arms

Superset 1: Reverse Grip Pressdown(10 reps contraction + 10 fast reps)/Fat grip barbell curl (4 sets)
    100x10+10/80x8
    120x10+10/80x8 (3 sets)

Superset 2:
    DB overhead Ext/Incline DB curl with Fat Grips
    25x12 all sets all exercises

Triset 3:
    Incline Skulls/DB hammer curl/Hammer machine preacher (4 sets)
    75x15/30x8/45x8

30 min arm session that has me very sore today!

Back

Superset: 1 arm barbell row/1 arm DB row (4 sets)
    100 lbs x 6

DB shrugs 3 sec hold
    90x12 (3 sets)
    90x25 constant

V grip pull down 1 min rest between sets
    120x10 (3 sets)
    140x8 drop 100x5

Seated wide grip hammer row
    65psx10 (3 sets)

Machine Pullover
    120x12 (2 sets)

Hypers + 2 monster mini bands
    15-15-12-12

Looking forward to TNF tonight, I was a big fan of Trent Richardson in College so tonight should be fun!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

I've actually never seen 1 arm BB row before? Benefits? Enjoy them?

Also - I really need to learn how to dig deep on squats and have confidence to push myself. Your first rep in that video above looked like my last rep the other day on my max reps squat day. I knew after watching my video that I had at least one more in me and this only backs that notion up! Good job grinding brother.

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

Thanks man, that set was aweful for me but I didnt want to show just the good work. My bar tracking was terrible and me knees came in but I wanted to show it anyway.

I really like the 1 arm rows, definintely try them out, I feel that I can control and get a way better contraction out of it.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Update and todays training

Little update/rant/excitement before I get into todays training. Married life is great but it has also been tough in some ways being that I left my job in Georgia and although Jordan has a great Job here she travels all throughout the week so I have been by myself most of the time since we have been here which has been tough not knowing anyone, not having a job and trying to find out the next steps in my own personal career. I am one course away from my graduation and my online class starts on Oct 15th but I am also quickly learning of the challenges within the job market right now. Training with the strength guys is picking up but that is years away from a career. I have also been doing some sole searching as far as my career goes whether I want to 100% the strength coach route, I am also thinking about getting my teachers certification to teach/coach starting in the high school level and lastly I also have a passion for food, health and cooking and I feel that I could do really well in the resturaunt industry and have some connections with chipotle and another slighly higher end place called Teds Montana Grill that specializes in bison and burgers. So I have applied at both of those places and I heard back from Teds today and have an interview tomorrow which I am really excited about! I have been doing all sorts of handy man activities around our apartment and continuing to unpack and set our place up being that Jordan has basically been on the road since she got this new place. I have also been setting up Scivation demos for this month and trying to make connections and I had my first one today...I am getting somewhere with this I promise haha. While I was doing the demo today I met a bodybuilder 3 weeks out from the Tricky Jackson classic here in Kentucky and it was a Godsend to meet him, he told me about a gem of a training facility that I did not know of. Up to this point I have been training at a LA fitness which is just not my sceen and all and the equipment is far from optimal. Well this new facility that I went to today was incredible the layout was set up by the guys at elite fts with all kinds of sick equipment I snapped some pictures and had a great training session so needless to say I went straight from training to the LA to cancel Jordan and I's membership.

Although things have been hard with all the excitement of the wedding, honeymoon and then coming to a new place and being by myself 24/7 today was a great day. I was able to do some networking, make a little cash and find a new training facility!

Elite Fts Competition bench rack

Specialty bars and buckets of chains

Sick T bar row

Training Today

Bench
    265x3 (4 sets) Multiple set PR

Hammer Flat bench + red mini bands doubled
    205x8 (2 sets)
    215x8 (2 sets)

Incline Barbell
    195x6 (3 sets)

Neutral Grip DB Bench (Pause Deep stretch)
    70x8
    75x8 (2 sets)
    70x8

Reverse band bench 1 min rest between sets
    245x5
    225x5
    185x5 (4 sets)

Reverse Grip Pressdown
    115x12 (5 sets)

Lateral Raise (20 sec rest between sets)
    22.5'sx10 (5 sets)

Reverse Pec Deck
    60x30
    50x30 (2 sets)

CG pull downs
    120x10 (5 sets)

Great Day!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com