questeena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Problem with pull ups

Hello everyone. First post here, kinda nervous.

I am writing because I used to be able to do slightly more than 10 pull ups quite easily. Then my friend and I started training together, and for pull ups, we did 3 sets of 10 repetitions each. If either one couldn't complete, we'd assist the other. We would have a break of 4 days between such pull up workouts focusing on other areas on the other days.

Recently, I tried pulling, and I can't even get one repetition and it's freaking me out because I do have to go for army physical fitness test. Can someone please tell me what's wrong? Am I injured? What should I do?

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If its one workout you struggled, dont worry about it. Could be you were tired, not properly fed etc etc.

If its persistent, then you need to analyse everything around your day - your sleep pattern, nutrient intake, rest etc.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

How should I make sure that I'm prepared for it. ie, when you mentioned about analyzing my day. What should I do to prepare myself for it.

Is there a possibility of injury?

It's not that I went from 10 to 0 in that one day right? A little worried.

Does anyone have any advice please?

usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you were injured you'd phucking know it, so I don't even know why you'd ask that idiotic question. Secondly, I could do 300 Pull-ups a day for 60 days straight and still be able to do at least one; There is definitely something wrong so it's up to you to figure out what the issue is. Only you know if you're injured or if your arms are sore as phuck

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by usmarine313 View Post
    If you were injured you'd phucking know it, so I don't even know why you'd ask that idiotic question. Secondly, I could do 300 Pull-ups a day for 60 days straight and still be able to do at least one; There is definitely something wrong so it's up to you to figure out what the issue is. Only you know if you're injured or if your arms are sore as phuck
    no need to be so nasty: the guy said that he was a first time poster and was nervous...PLUS: he is training to enter the ARMY, and if you are a Marine, you should have cut him some slack on that...as professional courtesy.....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    no need to be so nasty: the guy said that he was a first time poster and was nervous...PLUS: he is training to enter the ARMY, and if you are a Marine, you should have cut him some slack on that...as professional courtesy.....
    You're right, my sincerest of apologies. (srs)

vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by questeena View Post
    Hello everyone. First post here, kinda nervous.

I am writing because I used to be able to do slightly more than 10 pull ups quite easily. Then my friend and I started training together, and for pull ups, we did 3 sets of 10 repetitions each. If either one couldn't complete, we'd assist the other. We would have a break of 4 days between such pull up workouts focusing on other areas on the other days.

Recently, I tried pulling, and I can't even get one repetition and it's freaking me out because I do have to go for army physical fitness test. Can someone please tell me what's wrong? Am I injured? What should I do?
    Can you elaborate a bit? Are you feeling a certain kind of pain or unable to make a grip (fist)? etc did you train the day prior the same muscle group? Althou usmarine was a little intense, he has a point when he said you should be able to do atleast one regardless of how many you did the days before.
    “Man – He sacrifices his health in order to make money.
    Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
    And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
    the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
    he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
    -Dalai-

chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) chem1cal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by vollric View Post
    Can you elaborate a bit? Are you feeling a certain kind of pain or unable to make a grip (fist)? etc did you train the day prior the same muscle group? Althou usmarine was a little intense, he has a point when he said you should be able to do atleast one regardless of how many you did the days before.
    ^^^This^^^

Is there any shooting pain or soreness when you try and do pull-ups?

Had you done back or biceps the day or so before, so maybe your main muscles for the motion are fatigued?

How's your diet? Did you eat and/or sleep enough?

Were you experiencing Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness or Post Exercise Muscle Soreness from a previous workout? Did you go straight for the pull-up, or did you do Lat Pulldowns or other exercises prior?

Your post also states that you WERE training with a friend and that you RECENTLY tried to do pull-ups. How long was this exercise break? Have you been living a sedentary life style lately?

These are all variables that must be taken into account. I wish you the best of luck, though.

Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How much time passed between OP being able to do sets of 10 reps to not being able to do 1? Didn't see this mentioned.

ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have an easier time with chin ups versus pull ups

4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ROBO916 View Post
    I have an easier time with chin ups versus pull ups
    your posts are so off topic its funny.

Doing 3x10 pullups and the next day not being able to do one sounds very strange. How is that even possible without an injury? Wtf
    Follows Chestbrah's training routine crew

[300 Spartan BeastSlayer] KyleMQuinn's Avatar
    KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good news for you you don't do Pullups for the APFT. It's pushups, situps, and a 2 mile run. However assuming you can't do very many pullups I can assume you can't do a whole **** ton of pushups either. I'd blame it on an off day or you just weren't feeling it. Sometimes you just need to walk away from it and go back later. I never did sets for pullups. I saw results when I put a pullup bar in the door frame of my most traveled doorway and everytime I went through I had to do a max set of pullups and pushups. You'll end up doing 6+ sets of max a day.
    American Patriot
    Moderate Republican Crew