matt1323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt1323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt1323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt1323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt1323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt1323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt1323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt1323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt1323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt1323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt1323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

workout program tips.

Hey guys I've been lifting/cross fit on and off for the last couple years in between sports. But after my football season is over I'm.looking to devote myself to working out and school. My question is should I still follow those two programs for best results. Would split the days into 4 days a week. Doing.a.couple different body parts a day then 1 cross fit workout a day for cardio.

Also where would the best split routine be.found at? Also what is your opinion o. HIT workouts? Would also do abs 4-5 days a week. Goals are to gain muscle but be trimmed.
    Willing to try any workout.

I'm 6'2" 175 about 7% body fat. Any tips are appeeciated

studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To gain the muscle you are wanting then you have to have an organized program. You must know what sets/reps and weight you will be using and what you hope to use 4-6 weeks down the line. Crossfit is okay if only used once a week but the key is to organize the exercise in the order that are more taxing on the nervous system.

If you want crossfit in your schedule then this is how you should structure your week:

first 4-6 week phase:
    Monday Lower body (Olympic lifts, squats etc)
    Tuesday Upper body
    Wednesday Active recovery
    Thursday OFF
    Friday Crossfit
    Saturday Active recovery
    Sunday OFF

2nd 4-6 week phase:
    Monday Max effort Lower Body push/Upper body pull (hypotrophy reps)
    Tuesday Max effort Upper Body Push/Lower body pulls (hypotrophy reps)
    Wednesday OFF or Active Recovery
    Thursday Crossfit
    Friday OFF or Active Recovery
    Saturday Body Building Day 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps
    Sunday OFF

3rd 4-6 week phase (No Crossfit this phase)
    Monday Legs
    Tuesday Upper
    Wednesday OFF
    Thursday Olympic Lifts
    Friday Upper (mostly dumbell work)
    Saturday Active Recovery
    Sunday OFF

So you can see the rhythm of the program per week and then per phase... you can and should break down each day to and have a progressive overload each week with the last week being a repeat of wk 1 for a recovery phase before the start of a new phase.

There are many ways to skin a cat, many ways to train... the key is to organize it and not push against mother nature... adapt with her.... "Program design is an elegant dance with mother nature... if you try to lead the dance... she will beat you to the ****ing ground"

Hope this helps!

Kalnas
    "Preparation Predicts Outcome"
    http://www.strengthathletes.com

Originally Posted by matt1323 View Post
    Hey guys I've been lifting/cross fit on and off for the last couple years in between sports. But after my football season is over I'm.looking to devote myself to working out and school. My question is should I still follow those two programs for best results. Would split the days into 4 days a week. Doing.a.couple different body parts a day then 1 cross fit workout a day for cardio.

Also where would the best split routine be.found at? Also what is your opinion o. HIT workouts? Would also do abs 4-5 days a week. Goals are to gain muscle but be trimmed.
    Willing to try any workout.

I'm 6'2" 175 about 7% body fat. Any tips are appeeciated
    www.strengthathletes.com

"Preperation predicts outcome" -Jon Kalnas