Kab2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sore joints!!!!! Help!!!

I am 43 years old and currently doing sl 5x5 and my joints are sore and feel almost bruised. Muscle soreness is no problem but knees, elbows and wrist are sore and make me weak because of the soreness. any suggestions?? I need a cure!!!!!

Jdog1645 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdog1645 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdog1645 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdog1645 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdog1645 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdog1645 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdog1645 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdog1645 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdog1645 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdog1645 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdog1645 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Take some Glucosamine......you can find it at Walgreens, Walmart etc etc. Its pretty cheap. I take it everyday.

Glucosamine is marketed to support the structure and function of joints.

Kab2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jdog1645 View Post
    Take some Glucosamine......you can find it at Walgreens, Walmart etc etc. Its pretty cheap. I take it everyday.

thanks

ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jdog1645 View Post

Definitely ^^^^^ fish oils help too and are a must for general health IMO

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Fish oil and Animal Flex are life savers for me...
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) soonerman4life will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    My shoulder joints were bothring me. I have always supplemented with fish oil but when I switched my multivitamin to Orange Triad it made the world of difference. No more shoulder discomfort. Fish oil + Orange Triad = no more pain.

Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rondori has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Recent studies on glucosamine chondroitin found it no more effective than a placebo. When my dog had arthritis the vet recommended it and we saw no difference after three months. But within a week of taking collagen, he was running up and down stairs. Try Super Collagen, which is hydrolized.

gesres has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kab2 View Post
    I am 43 years old and currently doing sl 5x5 and my joints are sore and feel almost bruised. Muscle soreness is no problem but knees, elbows and wrist are sore and make me weak because of the soreness. any suggestions?? I need a cure!!!!!
    I'm 49 and the most effective recommendation is to become 15 years younger. If you can't manage that, I've found that, first, it helps to be very diligent about warm ups, gradually escalating to your work set weights. Secondly, try to ease into your pushes and pulls, don't "shove" or "yank". Thirdly, try to let your muscles carry the stresses, rather than your joints.

As for supplements, the vast majority (possibly 100%) are no better than placebos. If you start taking everything that someone recommends, you'll end up with a medicine cabinet full of garbage. I do take fish oil, but that's something that's well documented in the medical literature to promote cardiovascular health, even if it's worthless for body aches and pains, so I figured that's a no-lose proposition. Ice helps sometimes, as does ibuprofen.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gesres View Post
    As for supplements, the vast majority (possibly 100%) are no better than placebos. If you start taking everything that someone recommends, you'll end up with a medicine cabinet full of garbage. I do take fish oil, but that's something that's well documented in the medical literature to promote cardiovascular health, even if it's worthless for body aches and pains, so I figured that's a no-lose proposition. Ice helps sometimes, as does ibuprofen.
    I believe this as well, have done the fish oil deal, been there and done that with the glucosamine, have taken the hydrolyzed collagen for 4 months, etc and none of them did anything that I could noticebly tell. Sometimes I think it's just good marketing and the placebo effect that makes these things work at times. Believe in it hard enough or wish for it and you actually start believeing the stuff is working.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Agreed.

I will continue with these. Also running cissus now for tweeked shoulder.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gesres View Post

As for supplements, the vast majority (possibly 100%) are no better than placebos.

If the supplement makes you "feel" better, or try harder, then placebo or not, it is working.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

gesres has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    If the supplement makes you "feel" better, or try harder, then placebo or not, it is working.
    If the problem is minor or there is no demonstrably effective treatment available, then there is probably no harm in searching for the placebo effect, but it does require that you put yourself into a perpetually gullible state of mind.

For more serious conditions, "feeling" better isn't always the measure of effectiveness; people die on a regular basis because they try to treat conditions like cancer with fake cures like homeopathy or faith healing. No doubt these things make some people "feel" better in the short term, but they still die, because these superstitions have no therapeutic effect.