cahein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Post Pregnancy Workout

Hi All,

I am 5 months post-partum and am looking to get back to the gym. However, I am not sure if I should begin with a muscle building and toning routine or a strength training routine. ANy help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
    Christine

Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "Toning" means building muscle/strength....and you will be needing both raising a child!

A strength program will help you build the muscle and get your body back into better shape. I wish I had done that when I had mine 21 and 18 years ago (both by c section).

If you can pull it off and have the time (when do I sleep? LOL!)
    Try a three day split workout with moderately heavy weights for 4 sets of 10-12 reps for an hour. Rest a minute inbetween sets. Include cardio on the off lifting days or right after.

Keep to a good diet...especially if you are breastfeeding.... and try eating 5-6 small meals a day (about every three hours). This will keep your energy levels up and your metabolism. Especially the energy levels right now. Wont be long before you will be running after your crawling baby and walking toddler.

They grow and change so quickly.

cahein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Laurie!!! My birth was natural, they almost did give me a c-section but I wanted to avoid that at all costs!!! I currently do eat 5-6 times a day and stick to it religously since I am in fact breast feeding still.

I was looking around in the database here on the site, but everything there looks to be for guys who want to build mass. Did I miss something when I was looking through that you know of?

Thanks again!!!

Edited to add - I just found a great article on the site called so You Want to Have a Supermodels Body with a PERFECT routine in it. If I haven't mentioned it before, I am soooooo glad I stumbled across bodybuilding.com.

Christine
    Last edited by cahein; 04-23-2004 at 10:33 AM.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A good place to start would be Starting Strength, you should be able to find It online or on Amazon.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Last edited by Botika; 09-08-2012 at 04:05 PM.