musti212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Intermittent Fasting with no exercise

whats good people

Ive been doing intermittent fasting for a month along with cardio and weight training and got real good results,
    as of right now i aint going to lie im becoming real lazy with college draining my energy and work and other stuff.

Anyways I just wanted to ask, i still have fat around my midsection so will intermittent fasting and a calorie deficit burn the fat?
    Like is exercise really necessary to burn hat area or does it just burn extra calories?
    I fast and eat about 1600-1700 calories a day so will it burn even at a slower rate until i have a flat stomach?

Please dont give me replies with 'fasting doesnt work its just a meal plan blah blah ba blah blah' or 'go to the doctor to see why your energy is draining blah blah ba blah blah', just want somebody to answer that question

Thank you guyssssss

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by musti212 View Post
    will intermittent fasting and a calorie deficit burn the fat?
    yes

Like is exercise really necessary
    no
    Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517083

astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by earthshieldlol View Post
    yes

no
    100% correct
    Some people just don't want to hear the simplicity of it all, because then there's no excuse when they fail.

So I can still achieve the flat stomach through the fasting and calorie deficit correct?

astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50) astigos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The deficit will be 95% responsible for your fat loss goals. Lifting weights would just be to ensure that you look good when you reach your goal.

If you're having energy issues (which are normal for a calorie deficient lifestyle btw), stop doing cardio and only do weights. There's no reason you shouldn't be lifting weights. As busy as your life is I'm sure you can find 3 hours a week to lift. Re-appropriate your xbox time or your drinking time or your social life towards your lifting.
    Some people just don't want to hear the simplicity of it all, because then there's no excuse when they fail.

Originally Posted by astigos View Post
    The deficit will be 95% responsible for your fat loss goals. Lifting weights would just be to ensure that you look good when you reach your goal.

If you're having energy issues (which are normal for a calorie deficient lifestyle btw), stop doing cardio and only do weights. There's no reason you shouldn't be lifting weights. As busy as your life is I'm sure you can find 3 hours a week to lift. Re-appropriate your xbox time or your drinking time or your social life towards your lifting.
    Nah im just busy with college and stuff, dont play xbox and never drank alcohol lol.

What if i do body weight exercises at home will that be alright

Nah im just busy with college and stuff, dont play xbox and never drank alcohol lol.

Not ideal but acceptable. I recommend that you do every BW exercise to absolute failure, not matter how long it takes.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)

You can do dips and add weight (there are people who say weighted dips are better than bench press) and you can do chin ups and pull ups and add weight. Between those two movements, that's pretty much as good as no gym (as far as upper body is concerned).

That said, if you're at college, you should have access to a free gym.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I refuse to believe anyone is so busy they cannot spend 3 hours a week lifting weights. That's all you need. That's less then 2% of a total week. Will you still lose weight on a deficit, absolutely. Will you look the same after you have lost all the weight, no, you will look more aesthetically pleasing if you lift.
    -Former 300lb club

My Transformation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEs4py6FUs

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/feedingfitness

"Obsessed is a term lazy people use to describe the dedicated."

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by vismal View Post
    I refuse to believe anyone is so busy they cannot spend 3 hours a week lifting weights. That's all you need. That's less then 2% of a total week. Will you still lose weight on a deficit, absolutely. Will you look the same after you have lost all the weight, no, you will look more aesthetically pleasing if you lift.
    Not trying to defend the OP, but I spent the past few years of my life so immensely busy that I genuinely could not have found 3 hours (when I'd be worth a damn) in a week to work out. There are a lot of industries (big law, i-banking, management consulting, entrepreneurship) where 80 hour workweeks are pretty common, especially at the junior levels. Oh, my work had one of the best gyms, free personal trainers, and assorted stuff -- it's just that no one other than the senior folks ever had the time to do much more than get coffee, much less work out.

At one point, I was routinely working 80 hour weeks, and I once hit 100+ over Christmas and New Year's. That was when I decided that I'd had enough, and switched gears. Ironically, that was the time when I gained most of my weight (~132 and wiry to 158 and fat -- probably more).

Could I have found 3 hours in some of those weeks if I'd wanted? Sure, but most of that time would not have been worth much - it would be time that I'd rather spend vegetating than get the energy to go out and lift weights. Free time is a luxury that has to be earned for some people.

seanholmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like a motivation issue to me. I, like some others in this post, believe that just about anyone can find a few hours a week to pump some iron. I use to be a full time college student that also worked 40hrs a week, married, ownedd a house and therefore had to mow the lawn, do dishes, laundry, etc...and I still found time to work out. I currently work 10hr shifts, have a baby girl, wife, house to maintain, etc.. and still find time to work out. You can do it, and when you do, you will feel better about it!

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Voxmusculus View Post
    Not trying to defend the OP, but I spent the past few years of my life so immensely busy that I genuinely could not have found 3 hours (when I'd be worth a damn) in a week to work out. There are a lot of industries (big law, i-banking, management consulting, entrepreneurship) where 80 hour workweeks are pretty common, especially at the junior levels. Oh, my work had one of the best gyms, free personal trainers, and assorted stuff -- it's just that no one other than the senior folks ever had the time to do much more than get coffee, much less work out.

At one point, I was routinely working 80 hour weeks, and I once hit 100+ over Christmas and New Year's. That was when I decided that I'd had enough, and switched gears. Ironically, that was the time when I gained most of my weight (~132 and wiry to 158 and fat -- probably more).

Could I have found 3 hours in some of those weeks if I'd wanted? Sure, but most of that time would not have been worth much - it would be time that I'd rather spend vegetating than get the energy to go out and lift weights. Free time is a luxury that has to be earned for some people.
    You actually prove my point. You admit that you could have found 3 hours but you would rather spend the time doing something else. Bottom line is that working out in the long run would have increased your energy levels. It was more of a motivational thing, not an actual time constraint. 3 hours a week can always be found. It's a matter of motivation to use them for gym time.
    -Former 300lb club

My Transformation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEs4py6FUs

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/feedingfitness

"Obsessed is a term lazy people use to describe the dedicated."

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by vismal View Post
    You actually prove my point. You admit that you could have found 3 hours but you would rather spend the time doing something else. Bottom line is that working out in the long run would have increased your energy levels. It was more of a motivational thing, not an actual time constraint. 3 hours a week can always be found. It's a matter of motivation to use them for gym time.
    Seriously? When you're getting 4 hours of sleep a night at best, taking an hour off to work out will not make you more "energetic", it will kill you.

HEY GUYS I DECIDED IM GOING TO START AT A GYM but like whats your intake on fasting gains cos I have like tiny bit of fat on my stomach area which when sat down turn into rolls but then again i want to gain A BIT at the same time, is this possible