iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have a gut and tits. How many hours of cardio should I do?

Should I lift and do cardio at the same time. or do cardio and then lift after I lose the gut and tits?

Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You don't need cardio. Do it if you want to eat a bit more or really like it, but otherwise it's not needed. Start lifting as you lose the weight, no reason not to start lifting now really.

Read this - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1703981&page=1

Nutrition is the most important aspect when losing weight. That thread will teach you how to make a sensible plan in order to achieve your fat loss goals. Best of luck!

ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iZodLiquify View Post
    Should I lift and do cardio at the same time. or do cardio and then lift after I lose the gut and tits?
    The first thing you need to do is get your diet in order. The second thing you should do is lift. Do cardio last if you got extra time and energy to spare for your over-all health desires but don't do it for fat lass. Remember the key is, nutrition, nutrition, nutrition...we always start and end with nutrition. You grew those teets via nutrition and it will take nutrition to ungrow them.

Start here:

1. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

Once you have read that ten times and memorized it, then go here:

2. www.myfitnesspal.com

Once you have an account set up and have entered your own goals in then start tracking every single thing you put into your mouth.

Then when you are tracking everything you eat, (and go to this step in the mean time too):

3. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Now you got the three steps to losing weight and getting your swole on son. And I didn't even charge you for it.

abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Should I lift and do cardio at the same time?
    YESS! I was eating only 1000 calories a day at 5'11" 300 lb... I didn't start losing weight till I started lifting and doing cardio AT THE SAME TIME! For instance, treadmill?!? NO! Treadmill + Powercleans? YES!~!!!! Another good workout? Military pressing while on the elliptical. Really hits those core stabilizer muscles holding all that heavy **** over your head while you're bouncing around like that!

Or just follow ScaleandSteel's advice, it's spot on.
    Former member of the > 300 lb crew
    --- 08/03/11: >310 lb
    --- 04/26/13: 14% 190 lb

--- I always rep back, although measly atm

iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iZodLiquify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so doing cardio won't help me lose any weight?

MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    not any more than you would lose just by getting your diet in check and lifting.

ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nope. That is what we call broscience. In fact, many people find that cardio increases appetite which = more fat.

Studies have shown that lifting weights is superior to burning body fat. That is why everyone lifts. You burn more fat and grow muscle. Keep in mind the skinny marathon runners...people see them and think that running = skinny. It doesn't. Good nutrition = skinny. Long distance runners are skinny because they purposefully keep their diets at a point to keep them skinny, so they can more easily handle running those long distances.

Think about it like this. You run one mile at about ten minutes a mile. You will burn about 100 calories give or take. That is less than one cup of yogurt. One cop of yogurt and you already gained back those calories and more.

Running is very good for your health though. I love cardio. I believe in cardio. Just not for fat loss.

retro36 is not very well liked. (-100) retro36 is not very well liked. (-100) retro36 is not very well liked. (-100) retro36 is not very well liked. (-100) retro36 is not very well liked. (-100) retro36 is not very well liked. (-100) retro36 is not very well liked. (-100) retro36 is not very well liked. (-100) retro36 is not very well liked. (-100) retro36 is not very well liked. (-100) retro36 is not very well liked. (-100)
    ScaleAndSteel

Cardio like weight lifting speeds up your metabolism and not all runners are skinny 10,000m runners.

Eruditus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by abendm View Post
    YESS! I was eating only 1000 calories a day at 5'11" 300 lb... I didn't start losing weight till I started lifting and doing cardio AT THE SAME TIME! For instance, treadmill?!? NO! Treadmill + Powercleans? YES!~!!!! Another good workout? Military pressing while on the elliptical. Really hits those core stabilizer muscles holding all that heavy **** over your head while you're bouncing around like that!

Lol.

Cardio is unnecessary to burn body fat. Your body needs energy to keep your brain and other organs functioning, so as long as you're taking in less calories than you burn, your body will metabolize body fat. If you're not taking in enough protein, it will cannibalize muscle tissue, and if your metabolism slows down you may reach a point of equilibrium where your body will no longer have a caloric deficit in place.

idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ScaleAndSteel View Post
    Nope. That is what we call broscience. In fact, many people find that cardio increases appetite which = more fat.

Studies have shown that lifting weights is superior to burning body fat. That is why everyone lifts. You burn more fat and grow muscle. Keep in mind the skinny marathon runners...people see them and think that running = skinny. It doesn't. Good nutrition = skinny. Long distance runners are skinny because they purposefully keep their diets at a point to keep them skinny, so they can more easily handle running those long distances.

Think about it like this. You run one mile at about ten minutes a mile. You will burn about 100 calories give or take. That is less than one cup of yogurt. One cop of yogurt and you already gained back those calories and more.

Running is very good for your health though. I love cardio. I believe in cardio. Just not for fat loss.
    If he's fat, I doubt he's burning a cup of yogurt per 10 min.

Maybe I'm totally confused, and I've asked this before with No avail... calories burned (using walking as an example) is based on heart rate, right? so If someone (say 5'10 190, 25% body fat) is pumping 180 beats per minute, with a normal vo2 Max, they're burning roughly 1000 calories per hour. Is this wrong? If so, why exactly?

OP-ED while cardio isn't necessary, it can't hurt to do, as long as it's not burning you out. Start small on non lifting days. Go for an hour walk or something. Test your own comfort level.

Originally Posted by idz21 View Post
    If he's fat, I doubt he's burning a cup of yogurt per 10 min.

Maybe I'm totally confused, and I've asked this before with No avail... calories burned (using walking as an example) is based on heart rate, right? so If someone (say 5'10 190, 25% body fat) is pumping 180 beats per minute, with a normal vo2 Max, they're burning roughly 1000 calories per hour. Is this wrong? If so, why exactly?

OP-ED while cardio isn't necessary, it can't hurt to do, as long as it's not burning you out. Start small on non lifting days. Go for an hour walk or something. Test your own comfort level.
    You are correct. The more you get your heart pumping the more calories you burn. This is why HIIT is better for fat loss than cardio in general. If you do sprints for example, you will burn more calories then if you just run the same distance due to the heart rate issue. That doesn't lose the weight without the nutrition being on point though. If the HIIT or cardio or even lifting causes you to over eat what calories you burned then you will gain weight. If your lifting you may do this on purpose, called a bulk.

Weight loss is all nutritional. You have to burn more calories then you consume. When you are training, you will burn more calories increasing your deficit.

As far as how much any given person burns per activity...I am not a scientist. That is a hard call to generalize because it has so many variables. Some people burn more because they run faster, run sprints, some people run slower, etc... It isn't exactly the same for everyone. As far as heart rate, this also increases the after-burn effect of calorie loss. The more your heart is thumping, the more after-burn calorie loss you will have. Burning 1k calories an hour isn't easy. I am fairly fit and lift heavy and do some hard running once in a while and I doubt I hit half that..or maybe half that but not nearly 1k. Don't go by the machines in your gym...if your treadmill says you burning 1k an hour..it is way off unless you are doing some hard core sprints.

I maintain at 2300 calories. If I was burning 1k in the gym that would go to 3300. I am currently bulking at 2600 or about 300 over so no way, with the heavy lifting I am doing, am I burning 1k or even near. When I do HIIT after my lifting that would increase a bit but not much.
    Last edited by ScaleAndSteel; 09-04-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, fat loss will come from calorie deficit. Just dont eat so much and do cardio for heart health occasionally and lift weights to build muscle.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

x3nomorph is on a distinguished road. (+10) x3nomorph is on a distinguished road. (+10) x3nomorph is on a distinguished road. (+10) x3nomorph is on a distinguished road. (+10) x3nomorph is on a distinguished road. (+10) x3nomorph is on a distinguished road. (+10) x3nomorph is on a distinguished road. (+10) x3nomorph is on a distinguished road. (+10) x3nomorph is on a distinguished road. (+10) x3nomorph is on a distinguished road. (+10) x3nomorph is on a distinguished road. (+10)

LOL dont give him ideas

OP what basically everybody else said, keep your diet in check and everything else will all into place

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    www.grazethesky.com

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    cardio+diet and no lifting is just gonna make your tits smaller, it's not gonna get rid of them. So, lift.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Start a lifting routine that focuses on compound lifts. Then adjust calories appropriately so your in a deficit. Doing HIIT a few times a week will help too.
    "Government is founded on property;
    property is founded on conquest;
    conquest is founded on power;
    All power is founded on brain and brawn." - Ragnar Redbeard

Bench Press: 245lbs×20×13×12
    Squats: 275lbs×20×15×10
    Deadlifts: 315lbs×5×8×7

Lex Talionis

igh thanks everyone I think I'm just going to watch what I eat and lift. Cuz running makes me really tired and I got school also it makes me eat more.

Sarahjones453 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sarahjones453 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sarahjones453 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sarahjones453 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sarahjones453 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sarahjones453 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sarahjones453 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sarahjones453 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sarahjones453 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sarahjones453 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    First of all you should need to control on your diet and eat just healthy food. Lifting weight is good for you. Do running and cycling to lose fat.

fatkid1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatkid1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatkid1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatkid1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatkid1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatkid1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatkid1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatkid1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatkid1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatkid1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatkid1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well atm i lost 5kgs in 1 week, im going to up my cals a bit more so i lose 2-3kgs a week. The reason for this is so u dont loose muscle mass. Heres what i been doing- now eating healthy is the key, excersize is about 15% of weightloss. 1hr25mins weight training and the" AFTER" i will do 15-25mins of HIIT on the treadmill- thats 3 times a week. Then on my 2 recovery days i run arround the block for 25mins doing HIIT-2days a week, then have the weekend off. Dont forget as previously mentioned your diet is the Key. Good luck

SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anything that causes an overall calorie deficit will make you lose fat. The easiest way to cause an overall calorie deficit is to manage what you eat. Doing cardio will also burn calories as will lifting weights.

When cutting I do cardio so I can enjoy more food than I could if I was just managing calories through diet alone. Oh and beer. Actually, beer is the real reason I do cardio.
    Squat (noun) A means of helping men understand what it feels like to give birth.

Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lolz

/thread