Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

~RISING FROM THE ASHES~ The rebirth of a novice.

New Beginnings

I have now just passed my first year of strength training and have come to the conclusion that I am indeed still a novice. There is no self loathing, no self deprecation, just a simple realization that I have not progressed to my own expectations. With this journal, I want to start back at the beginning with a clean slate, let my ego go and rely on the wisdom of those much more knowledgeable than myself.

Training

I will begin my training with Starting Strength. A novice program like this will help me build the foundation I desperately need. While I do not expect significant gains in my bench press, I have much higher expectations for squats and deads. With a proper progression plan, squats should quickly increase. With the combination of a stronger squat and power cleans, I should see a modest increase in deads as well. My intention is to continue Starting Strength until after the 3rd squat reset. Once I complete Starting Strength I will transition into a 5x5 routine, in particular, Texas Method.

Here is the local FAQ and Write up for those unfamiliar with Starting Strength.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Starting Strength

Workout A
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press
    1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Standing military press
    5x3 Power cleans

In accordance with the program;

after the 2nd week of the program,
    * 3 x 8-15 Pullups will be added to workout B
    * 2 x 8-15 Dips will be add to workout A

after the 3rd week of the program,
    * 2 x 8-12 barbell bridge added to workout A (GHR was recommended but is not available at my gym)
    * Ab work added to all days.
    * 2 x 8-12 isolation can be added for both biceps and triceps.

Diet

I will be following no particular eat pattern. I believe that the when should be intuitive and an IIFYM approach will be taken this bulk. Food will be weighed and measured and calories/macros will be recorded. My intention is to monitor and adjust my diet so that I can bulk and build strength over a longer period of time without either A, gaining excessive fat, or B, having to cut while making headway in my lifts.

Intended macro guidelines are as follows.

Protein target = 175 (700 calories)
    Fat target = 100 (900 calories)
    Caloric Target = 2600 calories

* I will allow for as much as a 10% divergence from all ranges daily so long as energy intake averages out to daily target.
    * Once a week, an intake 20% over caloric target will be permitted, so long as energy intake averages out to daily target.

and so it begins.......

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll be keen to see how you go with this. You've actually come a long way in the year and you've built a good muscle and strength base, plus you've educated yourself really well on lifting and nutrition. It's easy to look at some of the gains that teens or those who've lifted in the past can make but you've done well
    That being said - it's not a bad idea to review things and approach lifting as a newbie again, albeit, a newbie who has the knowledge to adapt quickly

I've had to relearn how to lift because of injuries, and I've gone back and totally deconstructed my squatting and started again, and I'm going to do the same with my deadlifts. I see this as a game of continuous reassessment, adjustment and improvement - circumstances change all the time and we've got to adapt

I think you'll make big gains this year with your new approach to training and nutrition, so good luck!
    And I love the Phoenix pic!
    Last edited by fittofattofit; 09-03-2012 at 12:40 AM.
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll be following along; best of luck to you AC!

I've done ghetto GHRs at my gym sans the 45lb plate.
    Genshai

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dude! I'm excited to see how far this will take you. I'm sure you know that one sure way to kill this program is to start your lifts too high, so start low and take a few weeks before you're into PR territory again.

Go man, Go!
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    I'll be keen to see how you go with this. You've actually come a long way in the year and you've built a good muscle and strength base, plus you've educated yourself really well on lifting and nutrition. It's easy to look at some of the gains that teens or those who've lifted in the past can make but you've done well
    That being said - it's not a bad idea to review things and approach lifting as a newbie again, albeit, a newbie who has the knowledge to adapt quickly

I've had to relearn how to lift because of injuries, and I've gone back and totally deconstructed my squatting and started again, and I'm going to do the same with my deadlifts. I see this as a game of continuous reassessment, adjustment and improvement - circumstances change all the time and we've got to adapt

I think you'll make big gains this year with your new approach to training and nutrition, so good luck!
    And I love the Phoenix pic!
    A complete deconstruction is healthy. I think I had some bad habits that need to be broken. The biggest advantage for me this time around is that I do have recent experience and can adjust on the fly for readily.

Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    I'll be following along; best of luck to you AC!

I've done ghetto GHRs at my gym sans the 45lb plate.
    [youtube]xdkwARfp6Ww/youtube]
    That looks MUCH better than the way Val and I do GHRs at the gym.

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    Dude! I'm excited to see how far this will take you. I'm sure you know that one sure way to kill this program is to start your lifts too high, so start low and take a few weeks before you're into PR territory again.

Go man, Go!
    I dropped the ego my friend... and I think that is the driving point of this journal. I need to just admit I don't know as much as I thought. .

Thank you guys for continuing to follow me in this journal.

Last weeks diet recap.

Day ....Carbs.... ..Proteins.. ....Fats.... ..Calories..
    Sun 217 186 169 3142
    Mon 193 160 119 2480
    Tues 145 156.5 132 2420
    Weds 204 160 131 2610
    Thur 206 208 103 2580
    Fri 285.8 155 69 2390
    Sat 371 143 120 3100
    Daily Avg 231 166 120 2674

Weight up from 167.4 to 168.6
    I went a little carb / salt heavy on refeed. Probably experiencing a little retention. Calories will be maintained for another week, and next refeed will be "cleaner" so weight gain will be a little more obvious.

Workout #1 (A)

Squat
    115 x 5
    115 x 5
    115 x 5
    Increase to 125 next workout.

Bench Press
    105 x 5
    105 x 5
    105 x 5
    Increase to 110 next workout.

Deadlift
    135 x 5
    Increase to 150 next workout.

*NOTES
    . I can see how someone would want to try and blast through the beginning of this... slow and steady will be this journals mantra.
    . Bar speed will be a huge factor in progressing. I am strong but generate little power.
    . An increased bar speed actually made this very simple workout with lower weights, somewhat challenging (even at the beginning).

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In

What are your previous numbers you are going to use to compare to? Would be nice to see your PRs on your targeted lifts listed above to compare them as you progress. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Jtbny; 09-03-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    In

What are your previous numbers you are going to use to compare to? Would be nice to see your PRs on your targeted lifts listed above to compare them as you progress. Just a thought.
    Welcome to the journal and glad to have you along. Thanks for pointing this out. I definitely want my comparison numbers in.

PRs in the big 3. All are actual lifts within the last 8 weeks.

Squat
    1 RM = 255
    5 RM = 210

Bench Press
    1 RM = 245
    5 RM = 225

Deadlift
    1 RM = 340
    5 RM = 315

1 RM Totals = 840

lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looking good, I'm guessing that was a near 50% deload? One thing I would suggest since I did much the same, be aware of how fast the extra squat frequency ramps up the weight compared to the other lifts. Stop with the 10lb steps early enough that the others will get hard at the same point given that you are probably only going to do this for a few months before moving on. My bench is still 15Kg below my previous max yet I'm forced to set new PRs on the squat each time.

Originally Posted by lunchbreak View Post
    Looking good, I'm guessing that was a near 50% deload? One thing I would suggest since I did much the same, be aware of how fast the extra squat frequency ramps up the weight compared to the other lifts. Stop with the 10lb steps early enough that the others will get hard at the same point given that you are probably only going to do this for a few months before moving on. My bench is still 15Kg below my previous max yet I'm forced to set new PRs on the squat each time.
    I took the counsel of Mark and purchased a set of microplates. The write up posted above has a great tutorial on how to properly progress in accordance with bar speed. The second the bar speed slows and cadence breaks, I will drop the increment until I am using the 1.25 platemates. I will also be using the belt. If what I understand about the belt allowing for a modest increase in squats, this will also make for a slightly longer progression.

The first workout raised a few eyebrows. Here I am just squatting really hard, trying to make my little row of 10's rattle. Not a single f*ck was given.

bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't do journals and lord knows I've given you enough **** about being skinny but I'm in for this. All jokes aside you've done a great job in a year man and look forward to hearing the updates. GL
    Excuses are like A-holes everyone's got 1...............

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    in

I am really surprised how close your squat and bench are

I am expecting your squat will explode with this program

lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    The first workout raised a few eyebrows. Here I am just squatting really hard, trying to make my little row of 10's rattle. Not a single f*ck was given.
    Haha, yeah I went through this as well but now I'm hitting new heights and the same folk are asking me about the routine.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here I am just squatting really hard, trying to make my little row of 10's rattle. Not a single f*ck was given.
    I dropped the ego my friend... and I think that is the driving point of this journal.
    Two steps backward so that you can go TEN steps forward! I love it. And if the PL crowd thinks you've got room to grow in your strength on this routine, I bet they know EXACTLY what they're talking about.
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In on this one as well. I like the SS template as well as the other ones you've mentioned, have you looked at 5/3/1 as a possibility down the road?
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good luck, jeff.

now might be a good time to address any squat form issues you may have. i spent a full 2 months last year re-constructing things....it's paid off.

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In.
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bump up your proteinz broham, you wanna leave some room to grow with. 200-225 imo would be better.

I under ate proteinz for years. Now I grow like a chia pet on water.

Have fun!

cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    Bump up your proteinz broham, you wanna leave some room to grow with. 200-225 imo would be better.
    ^^^^^^this. 40/40/20. SRS
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Subscribed ACC, looking forward to reading up on your progress.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Originally Posted by bigvin73 View Post
    I don't do journals and lord knows I've given you enough **** about being skinny but I'm in for this. All jokes aside you've done a great job in a year man and look forward to hearing the updates. GL
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    in

I am really surprised how close your squat and bench are

I am expecting your squat will explode with this program
    Thanks for stopping in guys. LOL I am a skinny f*ck Vince. That's the plan Todd... all I want is a respectable squat.

Originally Posted by lunchbreak View Post
    Haha, yeah I went through this as well but now I'm hitting new heights and the same folk are asking me about the routine.
    On your 6.

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    Two steps backward so that you can go TEN steps forward!
    It's better then the usual 2 steps forward 3 steps back

Originally Posted by baker View Post
    In on this one as well. I like the SS template as well as the other ones you've mentioned, have you looked at 5/3/1 as a possibility down the road?
    Definitely a consideration. I tried it before, but as Mark (below) made a good point. I was breaking parallel on SOME of the reps, most I doubt were proper. On top of that, I attempted 531 on a cut. So between the dishonesty and the lack of fuel.... I bombed on it. I literally wasted 3 months.

Originally Posted by boathead View Post
    good luck, jeff.

now might be a good time to address any squat form issues you may have. i spent a full 2 months last year re-constructing things....it's paid off.
    Dead on. I have since corrected my squat. I have gone over with Val with what I want from squats and she is verifying depth and bar speed for me on all final sets. My biggest issue with squats was poor bar speed and poor cadence (along with depth). All have been corrected.

I will start form videos once the weight is heavy enough where form could possibly breakdown.

Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post

I under ate proteinz for years. Now I grow like a chia pet on water.

Have fun!
    Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    ^^^^^^this. 40/40/20. SRS
    And so they have spoken.

Intended macro guidelines are as follows.

Protein target = 175 (700 calories)
    Fat target = 100 (900 calories)
    EDIT;

Protein target = 200 (800 calories)
    Fat target = 90 (810 calories)

* Macros will remain unchanged this week.... I just went grocery shopping. This will be an easy change. I will just buy a slightly leaner cut of meat. This alone will give me 20 grams more protein and drop the fat down 10 grams. This will leave me with ninety grams... more than enough.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Subscribed ACC, looking forward to reading up on your progress.
    Thanks for tagging in. I'm glad they let you back in man.

Workout #2 (B)

Squat
    125 x 5
    125 x 5
    125 x 5
    Increase to 135 next workout.

Overhead Press
    75 x 5
    75 x 5
    75 x 5
    Increase to 80 next workout.

Power Cleans
    80 x 3
    80 x 3
    80 x 3
    80 x 3
    80 x 3
    Increase to 85 next workout.

*NOTES
    . Power cleans are very awkward to do "light".

lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Acc, new journal, love the name and the phoenix. Will be following along. Lots of luck.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm in!

Milk these gains!
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

Squat
    125 x 5
    125 x 5
    125 x 5
    Increase to 135 next workout.

Overhead Press
    75 x 5
    75 x 5
    75 x 5
    Increase to 80 next workout.

Power Cleans
    80 x 3
    80 x 3
    80 x 3
    80 x 3
    80 x 3
    Increase to 85 next workout.

*NOTES
    . Power cleans are very awkward to do "light".
    Holy Reset! Tell me there's no rest days? How long will it take to get back to current numbers?

Originally Posted by lynore View Post
    Acc, new journal, love the name and the phoenix. Will be following along. Lots of luck.
    Thanks for the warm wishes. Will you or have you started a journal yet?

Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    I'm in!

Milk these gains!
    You know it brother.

Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Holy Reset! Tell me there's no rest days? How long will it take to get back to current numbers?
    LOL It isn't as bad as it looks.

For example..
    Squats 3 x a week, add 10 pounds each session (when reps are missed, increments are lowered to 5 and then again 2.5). That puts me in PR territory in 8 more workouts (less than 3 weeks from now), and within challenging area in about 2 weeks (by workout 6).

The programs calls for 3 sessions per week ONLY on non consecutive days.

These two weeks will allow me to tweak form. I have also been moving the bar as fast as possible (weights rattle). It ends up being a little more tiring than I anticipated. I think just attempting to maintain bar speed is going to help quite a bit.

trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In !!

Ok, you hooked me
    --
    Knows a trial lawyer who knows how to defend himself in an online forum.

Workout #3 (A)

Squat
    135 x 5
    135 x 5
    135 x 5
    Increase to 145 next workout.

Bench Press
    115 x 5
    115 x 5
    115 x 5
    Increase to 125 next workout.

Deadlift
    155 x 5
    Increase to 175 next workout.

Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
    In !!

Ok, you hooked me
    HEY TREV! Nice to have you aboard. Be warned, this will be an awfully boring program to watch for the next two weeks. You will have to link me to your journal if you decide to start one.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    In!

Looking forwards to seeing how you get on once you start to hit up weights that were previously hard - especially in the squat.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So at this rate you'll be squatting 195 x 5, benching 175 x 5 and deadlifting 275 x 5 at the end of the third week.
    That'll be great for locking in your form. With 10lb bumps on the squats and bench and 20lb bumps on the deads, the sh!t will be getting serious pretty quick
    I'm looking forward to watching your progression through this
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs