MJSWP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Umbilical Hernia repair

I had an umbilical hernia repair 13 days ago. Has anyone else gone through this surgery? Were you happy with outcome? I had suture only method, open - no mesh.
    I haven't listed in 2 weeks and it's amazing how much I have already lost. I hope I get it back quickly. I am cleared to do cardio and light weight (up to 20 lbs) starting at two weeks post-op.

morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morisca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MJSWP View Post
    I had an umbilical hernia repair 13 days ago. Has anyone else gone through this surgery? Were you happy with outcome? I had suture only method, open - no mesh.
    I haven't listed in 2 weeks and it's amazing how much I have already lost. I hope I get it back quickly. I am cleared to do cardio and light weight (up to 20 lbs) starting at two weeks post-op.
    Yes, I have. I have the mesh though. I didn't really have an option if so I would have choosen suture only, but I think it coul dhave been because of the muscle damage and total separation from bearing children that added to my docs decision to use the mesh. Recovery was about the same. As much as you want to lift, DONT! You can bust a suture and that is freaking painful and they might have to go back in! Be careful even when lifting upperbody weeks later, because you still engage your core muscles and dont want to cause damage again.
    Vanessa Valdez
    ********: Chick Diesel@Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    NPC Physique Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    "Don't talk about it! Be about it!"

MJSWP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply. How long after surgery did you start doing ab work again? I am free to do whatever I want after a month, but it seems like that might be too early for ab work.
    Did it take a while for your belly button to be an innie again? Mine has a hard lump under it and is more of an outie than it was before surgery.