Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What do yall think about Steve Cooks Big man on campus trainer.

Do yall think it looks good?

joao468 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Re:

yeah e think so. I just dont understand how doing the same exercises for 12 weeks will make you grow... Well, i'll wait steve's answer.

Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by camenskill247 View Post
    Yeh looks good, I'm going to give this a go. Anyone else on it?

camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Only thing im concerned about are all the superssets...any insight?

LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you really dont need to follow his workout. You can if you want. I personally think its too much volume.

You can do just about any program whether your a high school kid, college kid, or 40 years old and make great strides and gains in your goals if you apply yourself. The steve cook workout is no different than kris gethings dtp or 12 week trainer or any other program out there. And what I mean by that is this.

Too many times we get caught up in the program and who is supplying the program and who has gotten results(i have done this myself many times). The program itself does not matter. Neither does the exercises(to some degree). But you must realize every freaking program has the same dam exercises. They all will have the compound movements, and some programs will have some isolation here and there, but they are all extrememly similar. You just cannot get rid of the exercises that work.

If there is 1 thing you should take from this message is this. The program you follow does not matter at all. Its the amount of dedication, hard work, effort, sacrifice, discipline, and determination you put into every rep and every set. That is what will get you the best results no matter the workout program or exercise.

Those factors that you put into your workout will determine how you are at the end of your program or goals.
    Hope this helped!

Stay motivated,
    Dario
    " Pain is temporary but Pride is forever, yet pain is so close to pleasure because the pain I feel today, shall be the strength I feel tommorrow."

jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LeanDario View Post
    you really dont need to follow his workout. You can if you want. I personally think its too much volume.

You can do just about any program whether your a high school kid, college kid, or 40 years old and make great strides and gains in your goals if you apply yourself. The steve cook workout is no different than kris gethings dtp or 12 week trainer or any other program out there. And what I mean by that is this.

Too many times we get caught up in the program and who is supplying the program and who has gotten results(i have done this myself many times). The program itself does not matter. Neither does the exercises(to some degree). But you must realize every freaking program has the same dam exercises. They all will have the compound movements, and some programs will have some isolation here and there, but they are all extrememly similar. You just cannot get rid of the exercises that work.

If there is 1 thing you should take from this message is this. The program you follow does not matter at all. Its the amount of dedication, hard work, effort, sacrifice, discipline, and determination you put into every rep and every set. That is what will get you the best results no matter the workout program or exercise.

Those factors that you put into your workout will determine how you are at the end of your program or goals.
    Hope this helped!

Stay motivated,
    Dario
    I think what this guy is trying to describe is the 80/20 rule - this rule applies to a lot of things in life, and it says simply that 80% of the results come from 20% of the work. At the gym, we get caught up in making everything "perfect" and trying to get the best results, and forget that most of our progress comes when you just get in there on a regular basis, go hard, go home and recover.

Pick a program, stick to it. Get your nutrition mostly in check, stick to that. The results will come.

Good luck!

CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jmmainvi View Post
    I think what this guy is trying to describe is the 80/20 rule - this rule applies to a lot of things in life, and it says simply that 80% of the results come from 20% of the work. At the gym, we get caught up in making everything "perfect" and trying to get the best results, and forget that most of our progress comes when you just get in there on a regular basis, go hard, go home and recover.

Pick a program, stick to it. Get your nutrition mostly in check, stick to that. The results will come.

Good luck!
    Couldnt agree more!

Guys dont you think doing the same exercises for 12 weeks it's too much time? I think the body will not react starting week 7/8 . What do you think? thanks for any answer and for your time

LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jmmainvi View Post

Good luck!
    That is exactly what I mean. Dont worry so much about the things that dont require worrying. As long as your working out at your hardest effort each and every time, the results will come reguardless of the exercises you perform.

Also as opposed to the question above me about if 12 weeks of the same exercise is too much.

Answer.

Simply yes and no. You will see and realize that as you progress in your program that there may be a few things you will want to change, or you may want to lower a certain rep and set range. Dont worry bro, you will take care of the program changing without even noticing it.
    " Pain is temporary but Pride is forever, yet pain is so close to pleasure because the pain I feel today, shall be the strength I feel tommorrow."

chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your goal is strength, I would suggest starting with something like Starting Strength or SL5x5. Compound lifting programs with progressive weight increases.

Thanks =D ur right! kick your ass on TRAINS AND ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hope this helped!

Stay motivated,
    Dario
    Is too much volume bad? Should I aim for only 2 chest exercises for example?

The amount of volume is up to you. Its whatever your body feels comfortable with. If you feel like your body can go high volume, then do high volume and vice versa.

My only problem with that is this.

Too many times today to people train for the "pump" and try to do that through high volume. I know arnie said to train for the pump, but getting a pump has absolutely nothing to do with building muscle. Sure its great for a physcological boost as it makes you feel like you worked out hard. But all a pump is is blood rushing to the muscle group being worked and getting trapped.

I personally only do like 6-7 sets max for both my biceps and triceps combined. 9-13 sets for my chest, shoulders, back, and legs.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by joao468 View Post
    Guys dont you think doing the same exercises for 12 weeks it's too much time? I think the body will not react starting week 7/8 . What do you think? thanks for any answer and for your time
    Progressive Overload... As long as you keep adding weight/reps then you are improving, keep running a routine until you plateau, try a de-load, then start the program again. If you are still plateauing then switch programs; you might be able to stay on a program for months, even longer before needing to change.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

MyNameIsMicah is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyNameIsMicah is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyNameIsMicah is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyNameIsMicah is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyNameIsMicah is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyNameIsMicah is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyNameIsMicah is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyNameIsMicah is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyNameIsMicah is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyNameIsMicah is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyNameIsMicah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I definitely dig the supplementation, and i know Steve Cook is with ON but they're supplements are fairly cheap! So that's nice considering having paying for education, medication, and car payments this should be a little easier on my wallet, although im adding my own lil twists to it along with my own workouts. Good stack on paper tho, never looked into trying the amino energy, but we will see how it fairs Good luck to ya all!
    Follow Me on Instagram! @mmillsfitness

Arnolds 6 Rules for Success:
    1. Trust yourself
    2. Break some rules
    3. Don't be afraid to fail
    4. Ignore the naysayers
    5. Work like hell
    6. Give something back

fmmsf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MyNameIsMicah View Post
    I definitely dig the supplementation, and i know Steve Cook is with ON but they're supplements are fairly cheap! So that's nice considering having paying for education, medication, and car payments this should be a little easier on my wallet, although im adding my own lil twists to it along with my own workouts. Good stack on paper tho, never looked into trying the amino energy, but we will see how it fairs Good luck to ya all!
    Yeah.. For us students, that was a nice touch

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by camenskill247 View Post
    Always hesitate to run a program that has more work/volume for arms then it does for your entire lower body.

Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was keen to find out what Steve Cook had to say. I must say I was disappointed. While you could pretty much throw anything at a noob and they will grow, low frequency high volume isn't a great prescription.

I would start noobs with low-ish volume (2-4 sets/muscle group), high frequency (3/week full body routine) to find where their level was, then ramp things up as they progressed.
    Last edited by Adrian77; 09-24-2012 at 10:35 PM.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Retardo-pex View Post
    Always hesitate to run a program that has more work/volume for arms then it does for your entire lower body.
    ^^^^ This.

The very first indication that it's a program thrown together with no thought is an imbalance in Upper/Lower work.

Originally Posted by Adrian77 View Post
    While you could pretty much throw anything at a noob and they will grow, low frequency high volume isn't a great prescription.
    And ^^^^ This.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

adneely21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adneely21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adneely21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adneely21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adneely21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adneely21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adneely21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adneely21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adneely21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adneely21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adneely21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My wife and I are going through this program together. I haven't lifted steadily since I was in high school, and thought this would be a good way to get back into a routine. Thus far I like it. I'm only two weeks in and feel like I am getting stronger each workout. Do I expect it to radically transform my body in 12 weeks? no. However, I think it's a great diving in point for me and I'll see the program through for 12 weeks. I will report back at the end of the cycle to report on my summative thoughts.

AledHopkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I rate this routine, ran this when it first came out and made a lot of progress with it, however, as others have already pointed there's a lack of lower body in contrast to the amount of upper body exercises

BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by joao468 View Post
    I think you believe everything you read on the internet and the fitness magazines.
    Michael Jordan lifted every day...

Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153429181

Hawkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawkers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm back on this program after doing nearly 2 months of Stoppani's Shortcut To Size which is didnt like at all the change in rep ranges every week made it too hard to track my progress, I really rate BMOC, Steve Cook is natural and I reckon his routine is noob and intermediate friendly.

I don't follow it religiously I do 4sets of 8 reps for every exercise and added triceps with shoulders so I hit them twice a week

I've found it gives me a good pump and keeps the heart rate going with all the supersets my chest is always sore 3-4 days after I work it which is awesome, call me a flog but I rate it

jjfields79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Just finished the 12 week program BMOC, I liked it alot, but I'm looking to switch it up a bit.... Any of you guys have and recommendations on another 8 to 12 week trainer similar to BMOC? And for you guys who said the lower body workout was not enough, you must have not been to intense.... Those leg extensions super set with the jumping lunges is killer!! Made some real gains in my lower body with this trainer.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jjfields79 View Post
    Just finished the 12 week program BMOC, I liked it alot, but I'm looking to switch it up a bit.... Any of you guys have and recommendations on another 8 to 12 week trainer similar to BMOC? And for you guys who said the lower body workout was not enough, you must have not been to intense.... Those leg extensions super set with the jumping lunges is killer!! Made some real gains in my lower body with this trainer.
    Pump and fatigue are not the same as enough work. I could climb stairs for an hour and probably be very fatigued but that doesn't mean it benefitted my legs in terms of strength or size that much if at all.

The fact that you listed two exercises and one is leg extensions is testiment enough to add more leg work or try a different routine. This is not me "just being a strength guy" There are plenty of large competing natrual bodybuilders at my gym, and simply based aorund what I see them do in any given session, the leg extensions jump lunge super set would be a warm up or finisher performed around the actual work.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jjfields79 View Post
    leg extensions super set with the jumping lunges....

....Made some real gains in my lower body with this trainer.
    Just think how good your lower body gains would have been if you'd actually used a couple of good exercises.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ejgenerette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile steve cook's workout

im 3 weeks in and i think it works great each week i add a set to each workout so im up to 5 sets this week next week i will drop back down to 3 sets to confuse my muscles i noticed hardness in my muscles and i gained 10 pounds with the help of a mass gainer i will continue this workout i give it 2 thumbs up

stumathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hope this helped!

Stay motivated,
    Dario
    Right on bro!

yousefab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Adrian77 View Post
    I was keen to find out what Steve Cook had to say. I must say I was disappointed. While you could pretty much throw anything at a noob and they will grow, low frequency high volume isn't a great prescription.

I would start noobs with low-ish volume (2-4 sets/muscle group), high frequency (3/week full body routine) to find where their level was, then ramp things up as they progressed.
    Can you please give me some advice/tips?

So I am a beginner and I've never lifted weights, I started working out today (I got a membership at Lifetime Fitness and got my whey protein and vitamins). I am 18 years old, 6.2 tall and 194 lbs.

Is there a better program to follow for beginners like me? I did have problems today doing the exercises in the plan; for instance, while I was doing the chest exercises my triceps got tired and I couldn't feel any contraction in my chest (I was not able to complete my assigned reps even though it was light weight). I also was not able to do about 3 of the exercises since my arms got tired.
    I'd appreciate it if you helped me out.

Thank you!

Mixymax15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am just finishing this programme (week 12) and I have made significant gains in strength and my wife keeps commenting on the changes to my shoulders, chest and back. I messed around with weights for many years, mostly to support my martial arts training, but never really took it seriously. I decided to use this programme as a starting point to more regular weight training.

I think it is a great programme for beginners or intermediates. The volume of work is large (like others have pointed out) but its interesting to try this out if you haven't done it before.

I certainly enjoyed following this programme and I have definitely seen results.