Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i like the nylon mesh on the sides, but im w/ you OP, im not sure how long it will last

I dont like the handle position and the huge pad gap
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

alexthaman is a name known to all. (+5000) alexthaman is a name known to all. (+5000) alexthaman is a name known to all. (+5000) alexthaman is a name known to all. (+5000) alexthaman is a name known to all. (+5000) alexthaman is a name known to all. (+5000) alexthaman is a name known to all. (+5000) alexthaman is a name known to all. (+5000) alexthaman is a name known to all. (+5000) alexthaman is a name known to all. (+5000) alexthaman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Well it would be the 1084 simply because if I could only have one bench, the 1084 is capable of decline and has more angle choices.

That being said, the Elite Pro/collegiate/William strength signature 0-90 is a very nice bench and has no significant gap pad if that is important to you. I sold it along with the Elite Collegiate power rack... they were one of the very first things I bought. Its a great bench, it just depends on what matters to you. If you like the angle choices the Elite/Williams Strength provides, it is also a great choice. In some ways, you probably do not need all of the angle choices provided by designs like the Nebula. I think benches are a lot like audio speakers... very personal choices.

If space was not a concern, it probably would be best to get separate flat, incline, decline, etc.... There are lots of cool benches that offer unique properties... such as those that are flat but elevate on one end, elevate on both ends, etc... That's what we have been trying to keep on top of in the cost no object thread.
    thanks man for the answer, i appreciate. I dont do any decline work anyway. I want a bench that can go incline, flat and 90 degrees for shoulder work. I currently own a powertec commercial which i dont like in any position so i use it only for shoulder work and i have an Atlantis fid bench, a very sturdy bench but too high in my opinion (20.5 inches). I am leaning toward the rogue ab-2 as shown by rpark, i am just not sure about the pad gap for flat work, and i dont know about the pad materials. I will wait for rpark to try it more and then make my decision.

Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Speaking of new Rogue benches, here is their new 3x3 flat bench, 18.5 inches tall:

http://www.roguefitness.com/monster-utility-bench.php

Looks very beefy, almost overkill and weighs over 60 lb.

I think most people would prefer that Rogue make their regular flat bench 17 inches tall. It is sturdy enough for any powerlifter (Mike Tuchscherer has one), yet light enough to easily move around the gym.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-fl...lity-bench.php. (it's listed at 17.5, but is really 18 inches tall)
    Last edited by Terpgym; 04-09-2013 at 02:43 PM.

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Terpgym View Post
    Speaking of new Rogue benches, here is their new 3x3 flat bench, 18.5 inches tall:

http://www.roguefitness.com/monster-utility-bench.php

Looks very beefy, almost overkill and weighs over 60 lb.

I think most people would prefer that Rogue make their regular flat bench 17 inches tall. It is sturdy enough for any powerlifter (Mike Tuchscherer has one), yet light enough to easily move around the gym.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-fl...lity-bench.php. (it's listed at 17.5, but is really 18 inches tall)

IMO they need to make a bench at a height of 17.5" or 17" and they need to make their pad stickier.

I have the flat R bench and the only think i like is how stiff it is.
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 817boy View Post
    IMO they need to make a bench at a height of 17.5" or 17" and they need to make their pad stickier.

I have the flat R bench and the only think i like is how stiff it is.

I agree- 17 inches would be perfect, and would meet specs for all the powerlifters out there.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    After two weeks of good use of this bench, I'll update my preliminary thoughts.

1) My concern with the seat covering turned out to be a non-issue. I think the bench was in their stock for awhile and kept upside down, the seating was somewhat compressed, so upon opening, the seat covering seemed very loose. Well after a day or so setup, the foam (or seat material) expended and the covering is tight.

2) The seat padding is solid, the bench feels solid. You won't mistaken this bench for a lazy boy type chair, it's very firm

3) It might be me, but I still have a problem with the bar that's used to move the bench around. It's off-center and it doesn't really balance and move around well with one hand on carpet, it might be a different story on other gym floors, but on my carpet it's just easier to lift the whole bench to move it.... I think it's just a matter of time before I pull out a hack saw or grinder and remove than handle. For the most part it does stay out of the way, but you know it's there and bump it on lateral dumbbell lifts and sometimes on swinging heavy dumbbells up for overhead presses.

4) While the gap is large, I am able to lay above the gap for flat bench work, so the gap isn't really a big deal.

5) Seat adjustments are easy and plentiful

6) Bench height of 18 1/2", I never really paid attention until I'd seen a lot of posts saying a 17" height would be good for flat bench... the verdict is still out for that as I'm still trying to see how much that height difference really affects my lifting.

Overall it's a solid bench and I have no regrets over the purchase.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    After two weeks of good use of this bench, I'll update my preliminary thoughts.

1) My concern with the seat covering turned out to be a non-issue. I think the bench was in their stock for awhile and kept upside down, the seating was somewhat compressed, so upon opening, the seat covering seemed very loose. Well after a day or so setup, the foam (or seat material) expended and the covering is tight.

2) The seat padding is solid, the bench feels solid. You won't mistaken this bench for a lazy boy type chair, it's very firm

3) It might be me, but I still have a problem with the bar that's used to move the bench around. It's off-center and it doesn't really balance and move around well with one hand on carpet, it might be a different story on other gym floors, but on my carpet it's just easier to lift the whole bench to move it.... I think it's just a matter of time before I pull out a hack saw or grinder and remove than handle. For the most part it does stay out of the way, but you know it's there and bump it on lateral dumbbell lifts and sometimes on swinging heavy dumbbells up for overhead presses.

4) While the gap is large, I am able to lay above the gap for flat bench work, so the gap isn't really a big deal.

5) Seat adjustments are easy and plentiful

6) Bench height of 18 1/2", I never really paid attention until I'd seen a lot of posts saying a 17" height would be good for flat bench... the verdict is still out for that as I'm still trying to see how much that height difference really affects my lifting.

Overall it's a solid bench and I have no regrets over the purchase.
    nice review. To see if you would like a 17.5" bench better, lay 1 45lb plate on the ground flat where your feet will go and have each foot on a 45lb plate. This should give you the inch difference

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    Interesting. I'm surprised they didn't make it lower.

The rest of your review is good too. Reps on recharge...
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Repped for the nice review! I don't really like the mesh upholstery on this bench but I do like much of the design/construction. It's a good looking bench but in this price range, the competition is stiff.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

If you remove the rubber feet, it should be 17 inches tall. One benefit is that, as a fixed dumbbell bench, it could be bolted to the floor using the holes on the feet.