Dylanhunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just starting. Need help.

Guys I REALLY need your help please. I have never been to the gym before and I want to learn how to workout properly. Can somebody please tell me a good workout to help me get started? I don't want to lift too heavy because I still want to get taller. I want to gain maximum muscle and if somebody could tell me a good cardio and nutrition program I would greatly appreciate it. I'm 17 and a half years old if that makes any difference. Kind of an ectomorph in terms of body shape, little body fat, but my shoulders are wide like a meso's. Hope you can help and God bless.

Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dylanhunt View Post
    Guys I REALLY need your help please. I have never been to the gym before and I want to learn how to workout properly. Can somebody please tell me a good workout to help me get started? I don't want to lift too heavy because I still want to get taller. I want to gain maximum muscle and if somebody could tell me a good cardio and nutrition program I would greatly appreciate it. I'm 17 and a half years old if that makes any difference. Kind of an ectomorph in terms of body shape, little body fat, but my shoulders are wide like a meso's. Hope you can help and God bless.
    Lifting heavy weights does not stunt your growth

That being said, what are your goals? Strength, more mass, lose fat, ect..

From just looking at your stats I'm going to recommend you to bulk, you are very light for your height. I would also recommend following a routine such as starting strength to build up a bit of strength so you can do heavier hypertrophy lifts in the future.

SS Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...5564721&page=1
    "it's never too late to be the person you should've been" -unknown

★★★Torn ACL Crew★★★

Bench Press: 290lbs 1x1
    Squat: 355lbs 1x5
    Deadlift: 360lbs 1x1

Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dylanhunt View Post
    1. read the stickies

2. lifting DOES NOT stunt growth, that's a stupid myth.

3. there are no such thing as body types

4. do starting strength

5. you don't need to do cardio
    "Do not try to fake passion, because eventually somebody will come along who is truly passionate and they will fuking embarass you"- Ryan Doris

AdCon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdCon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdCon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdCon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdCon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdCon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdCon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdCon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdCon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdCon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdCon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There are many good routines out there for beginners, try and find yourself a routine that works all muscle groups with high frequency. This means you want to be training each muscle at least 2x a week.
    Some routines to consider:

Babylover's starting strength.
    -this is an adapted version of Mark Rippetoe's SS which has become very popular with beginners on here.

Strength programs would be a good choice to go for as they will give you mass gains as well as a strong base to start from.

Lifting stunting your growth is an incorrect belief that you should forget completely.

Calling yourself an 'ectomorph' isn't really that accurate. Most people dismiss body types now as they are rubbish.
    You will be able to gain mass fine, even if you class yourself as a hardgainer.

The stickies will provide you with all the information about supplementation, nutrition and exercises;

So read the stickies!

Avish89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Francis333 View Post
    1. read the stickies

2. lifting DOES NOT stunt growth, that's a stupid myth.

3. there are no such thing as body types

4. do starting strength

5. you don't need to do cardio
    Start starting strength indeed! Search for rippetoe..and do a lot of reading on diet, calories.