Keng03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation New & need help- fat loss & gain muscle

Hey everyone I am new to this site and some what new to this life style.
    I am 5 feet and one inch tall and usually about 125 pounds (I was down to 121 but gained it back).

I want to lose fat and gain muscle, I want a lean toned body. Visible muscle is my goal.

I have been eating around 1400 calories high protein and high fiber. I honestly have no idea how many calories I should be eating I have just picked a lower number and was told to never go under 1200. Help me out with this please!

I try to do cardio 3 times a week (like to try to get 3 miles in each time). Also I do different DVDs and workouts with weights at home. I am planning on joining the local gym so I can focus and be more motivated there.

I need to get a solid program put together!
    I will take any advice that you are willing to give! Any training or nutrition information it appreciated! I would love to have a ripped body that I never thought was possible to have!

Thanks!!

UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Keng03 View Post
    Hey everyone I am new to this site and some what new to this life style.
    I am 5 feet and one inch tall and usually about 125 pounds (I was down to 121 but gained it back).

I want to lose fat and gain muscle, I want a lean toned body. Visible muscle is my goal.

I have been eating around 1400 calories high protein and high fiber. I honestly have no idea how many calories I should be eating I have just picked a lower number and was told to never go under 1200. Help me out with this please!

I try to do cardio 3 times a week (like to try to get 3 miles in each time). Also I do different DVDs and workouts with weights at home. I am planning on joining the local gym so I can focus and be more motivated there.

I need to get a solid program put together!
    I will take any advice that you are willing to give! Any training or nutrition information it appreciated! I would love to have a ripped body that I never thought was possible to have!

Thanks!!
    Hi! Welcome!

Saw your post and thought I'd respond even though I'm new too...sometimes the Fem Misc moves pretty slowly.

Figure out your calories here

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132380633

As for the training...Some people really like The New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler

I read that, but I really, really, really like this one that a veteran member suggested:

Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training my Mark Rippetoe. Ordered it last week and it was delivered by reg US mail within three days.

http://startingstrength.com/index.php/site/products