Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sunscreen everyday SkinCareAddict's Avatar
    SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50)

SkinCareAddict's Struggle (IF and diet)

So my original thread got deleted because I got a little too real. A big part of my loosing weight is dealing with emotional issues but I will be more careful discussing my depression.

Anyway, today is the weigh in for the Aug 1 to Nov 1 transformation thread. I really really hope I'm down a pound but I doubt it because of the way I screwed up spectacularly on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (had an emotional meltdown/crisis of faith and ate chips and ice cream). But hope springs eternal, LOL.
    Me and my struggle http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147735003
    Back from the dead

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't worry about 1 screwup. Hopefully you learned from it! : ) Keep up the good work!

SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinCareAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks JustAnothaGirl

I am now 231! Can't believe I am down 3 pounds Celery must be magic. Speaking of magic, I just got some fragrance oils in the mail today and the Froot Loops oil smells exactly like Froot Loops. Exactly. Ohhh I wish I could eat some Froot Loops but this is the next best thing. Can't wait to scent some shampoo with this. Smells so good
    Back from the dead

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's great! Well done! Fragrance oils sound like a nice treat/reward. : ) Much better than rewarding yourself with food, right?

Way better than rewarding myself with food and it's nice to have a hobby, LOL.

--------------------------------------------------------

Work was super busy today and I just feel really drained mostly because I had to hang out with cranky Mr. G (he and his now deceased twin brother were bachelors who lived together, fought in WWII together... he has a lot of trauma from his twin dying which is why he's so mean). Anyway there are two things that Mr. G likes: talking about his twin, and Gillbert and Sulliven operettas. So we watched YouTube videos of Iolanthe while he told me confused, rambling stories about his brother. So sad.

Anyway to get my mind off of work I've been thinking about getting a new book on my Kindle: Zone One by Colson Whitehead. I'm terrified of zombies so I'm sort of afraid to read it but I hear it's really good... idk if I'm brave enough!
    Back from the dead

I found a headless ground squirrel in my bedroom this morning My cat NEVER did stuff like this before I started dieting. So strange.

Today I get to go in late for work, but now that I've had my shower (with the cinnamon vanilla sandalwood shower gel that I made-- sooooo delicious) I don't feel like going into work at all! I want to call in sick and finish Zone One, LOL. BTW it's not as scary as I thought. As least not so far (I'm about halfway done).

Anyway, I'll get myself in gear and go to work. Hope everyone has a great day
    Back from the dead

Originally Posted by SkinCareAddict View Post
    I found a headless ground squirrel in my bedroom this morning My cat NEVER did stuff like this before I started dieting. So strange.
    Maybe she's worried cos you're losing weight and is trying to fetch you some food. ; ) haha

LOL that has to be what's going on!
    Back from the dead

Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's your diet and workout plan looking like? I missed the last thread

Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
    What's your diet and workout plan looking like? I missed the last thread
    I just walk for exercise and I eat under 1220 calories. I'm working on what my macros should be exactly. My feeding window for IF is between 5 and 10 pm. For this month I've lost 13 pounds.

My emotions are my biggest problem when it comes to dieting. I've got a lot of psychological stuff going on with loosing weight on top of my depression. But that's ok, I'm working thru it.
    Back from the dead

I just walk for exercise and I eat under 1220 calories. I'm working on what my macros should be exactly. My feeding window for IF is between 5 and 10 pm. For this month I've lost 13 pounds.
    Nice, that's pretty similar to what I'm doing except I'm not doing IF. So you eat after work basically? Seems like a good idea, although for me I'd probably get really hungry lol. 13 pounds nice. : )

Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My emotions are my biggest problem when it comes to dieting. I've got a lot of psychological stuff going on with loosing weight on top of my depression. But that's ok, I'm working thru it.
    That's great. I used to be fat and walking was really the first initiative I took that really helped me achieve a healthy bodyweight. I bought myself a ****meter and set new goals every day. I calculated my daily steps on day one and was at a very sedentary 6000 steps. Every day I had to increase my steps by 500. It started off as little changes like parking my car further away in the parking lot, taking the stairs when it was just a few floors, pacing around during commercials etc. It didn't take long that I ditched my car and started walking to every single one of my destinations. I stopped grocery shopping North American style and just went out and picked up what I needed for lunch or dinner everyday. I was a city boy after all and everything was in walking distance. By the end my quota was at 35,000 steps every day and I didn't even have to find creative ways to reach it.

And sorry about what may be going on in your life. If you need any support don't hesitate to message me.

VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just read your log since I am reading up on some of the weight loss strategies like IF - that I have never heard of before. Walking has been a key element in my weight loss journey so far - since I was simply too heavy to start running until 4 months ago (I could however swim - and did) - when I started being able to jog and I can now run up to 40 minuttes. I started doing weight training at home too and have been to a gym today. I can however relate to dealing with depressions - it has been a major issue for me too - but I have gotten through it with therapy and meds - that works for me - and also gave me the strength to finally do something about my overweight and change my eating habits. I will read more about IF - and lean gains - it sounds very different from any of the other paths to loosing weight and getting leaner I read about before - and I am not sure I could do it? But heads up - I wish you well.

Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    Nice, that's pretty similar to what I'm doing except I'm not doing IF. So you eat after work basically? Seems like a good idea, although for me I'd probably get really hungry lol. 13 pounds nice. : )
    Gurl, I thought I was going to be starvin' like Marvin but my body adjusted to it and then I was fine. And yes, I just eat after work. It really makes life simple for me. Certainly I wouldn't recommend IF for everyone but it's a lot easier than people think.

That's great. I used to be fat and walking was really the first initiative I took that really helped me achieve a healthy bodyweight.
    You used to be fat?! You look amazing now!

And thank you very much for the kind offer

Originally Posted by VikingFit View Post
    I will read more about IF - and lean gains - it sounds very different from any of the other paths to loosing weight and getting leaner I read about before - and I am not sure I could do it? But heads up - I wish you well.
    You can do it! We are so used to eating 3 times a day that skipping breakfast and lunch seems crazy but honestly it is not hard at all. Your body adjusts and from there on it's smooth sailing. For me some of the reasons I do IF are:

Fewer decisions = fewer chances to screw up I have a hard time making good food choices so having only one meal makes it easier for me to behave.

Helps prevent emotional/comfort eating A lot of times, especially at work, I would eat a candy bar or something if I got stressed out or upset. Now that's not even an option for me. Having long periods every day when you are not allowed to comfort eat will teach you how to soothe yourself in other ways. For me, this is really important thing to learn.

I'm too busy to eat 6 meals a day anyway There's no way my work schedule allows for that, LOL! Might as well go with the flow and have an eating schedule that works for me.

When I do get to eat, it's very satisfying I can honestly say that I don't feel deprived like I did when I was dieting without IF. I get to have a big, hearty meal that really satiates me and I feel like I've indulged even though I've stayed on my diet.

I don't consider IF to be the ultimate, superior form of meal timing and I know it's simply not an option for everyone. But I feel like it's worth considering especially if you've done the six meals a day thing and it hasn't worked out.

Also, thanks for the good wishes!
    Back from the dead

OH LAWD. Woke up totally ravenous this morning so I ate an oz of beef jerky (like eating dog treats, lol) and some almonds. And then I ate like 1/4 cup of Ben and Jerry's fudge brownie ice cream. It was like I was in a fugue state. I was just nom nom noming it. And weigh in day is only 2 days away. AAGUGH. Well I just have to dust myself and get back on the wagon.
    Back from the dead

OH LAWD. Woke up totally ravenous this morning so I ate an oz of beef jerky (like eating dog treats, lol) and some almonds. And then I ate like 1/4 cup of Ben and Jerry's fudge brownie ice cream. It was like I was in a fugue state. I was just nom nom noming it. And weigh in day is only 2 days away. AAGUGH. Well I just have to dust myself and get back on the wagon.
    How many calories did you eat?

Just eat a salad after work then, just greens(lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spinach etc all good) with a splash of lemon and lean proteins. Keep calories low. It doesn't have to affect your results if you are still on target for your daily calories. And a piece/bowl of fruit is also fine.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks like you're making some great progress in here. 13 pounds in 4 weeks is amazing! Nice work and keep it up!
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

How many calories did you eat?
    I was afraid to look but but you made me with your question. Glad that you did! 488 so far. I hate that I screwed up my IF for the day but really glad that it's not a total disaster. Still got 732 calories left which is plenty.
    Back from the dead

Originally Posted by TheNormalMan View Post
    Looks like you're making some great progress in here. 13 pounds in 4 weeks is amazing! Nice work and keep it up!
    It's 5 weeks but thank you very much. I have to say that the support I'm getting around here is nothing short of amazing. I feel so inspired and motivated by everyone. It's just fantastic.
    Back from the dead

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's 5 weeks but thank you very much. I have to say that the support I'm getting around here is nothing short of amazing. I feel so inspired and motivated by everyone. It's just fantastic.
    Four or five weeks, either way.

It's a great community here overall. That's why I've kept coming back to it on and off over the last six years.

We're each doing our own thing and going at our own pace to reach our goals, but at the end of the day, we're all working towards the same thing.

That's to make ourselves the best we can for each of us and in that respect, that's where the support and community come from.

I was afraid to look but but you made me with your question. Glad that you did! 488 so far. I hate that I screwed up my IF for the day but really glad that it's not a total disaster. Still got 732 calories left which is plenty.
    That's great!

Thanks JustAnothaGirl

__________________________________________________ _____
    I got to eat some perogies (omg so delicious) and salad for dinner. Sipping on Mango Melange tea from Adagio Teas rn. Really tasty but you have to let it steep for a long time. Looking for a good escapist book to read. If anyone has any recs please don't be shy. I've been so sad since I finished A Song of Ice and Fire.
    Back from the dead

Thanks JustAnothaGirl

__________________________________________________ _____
    I got to eat some perogies (omg so delicious) and salad for dinner. Sipping on Mango Melange tea from Adagio Teas rn. Really tasty but you have to let it steep for a long time. Looking for a good escapist book to read. If anyone has any recs please don't be shy. I've been so sad since I finished A Song of Ice and Fire.
    Sounds delicious! I think I might have some tea before bed tonight as well. It's getting cold again these days so I might as well. : P

Hope your day ended well and your diet was still a success. : )

I don't read books, but I recommend books that will lift your spirits and motivate you to always come out stronger and fight, maybe a book with a hero in it to look upto?

Another Martin fan, I'm proud.

If you're into fantasy, I highly recommend the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Wizard's First Rule is the first book in the series and there's 11 total. Definitely an epic series if I've ever read one. Can be brutal at times, but if you like Martin, then Goodkind should be tame in comparison.

Another personal favorite read of mine if you're looking for just good old life advice and training tips in one book is Never Let Go by Dan John. He writes with a simplified style that is both enjoyable and knowledgeable at the same time.

I haven't really read much fantasy outside of ASOIAF and LOTR but I'm eager to try some more. Thanks for the rec, I'm putting it on my Kindle rn.

BTW, Zone One was a disappointment. The characters, especially the protagonist, were not very likeable (or unlikeable, LOL) and the writing style was tiresome. I kept hoping it would pick up but it just dragged and shambled along like a real zombie. Zzzzzzzzz.
    Back from the dead

Sounds delicious! I think I might have some tea before bed tonight as well. It's getting cold again these days so I might as well. : P

Hope your day ended well and your diet was still a success. : )

I don't read books, but I recommend books that will lift your spirits and motivate you to always come out stronger and fight, maybe a book with a hero in it to look upto?
    Hold up where are you again that it's getting cold already? I know you are in Europe... it's still hot in Chicago but I drink hot tea no matter what the weather, LOL. I've got an electric kettle (a Capresso) that boils water in like 30 seconds. I love it so much and I drink way more tea because of it. Really helps with my diet.

A book with a hero would be good but really anything that can keep me engaged is what I'm looking for. When I start reading I don't care about anything which helps with the diet. Sometimes though I get so caught up in books that I forget to drink water! I can really loose myself, lol.

And yes, my diet was a success today despite the Ben and Jerry's I tossed it already so I won't be tempted any more. One day I think I'll be able to have small, normal amounts of my favorite sweets but right now it's just asking for trouble.
    Back from the dead

Congrats on a successful day. I would just avoid buying sweets, if they're not in the house you can't munch on them! I was blessed without a sweet tooth, thank God. Salt on the other hand is a different story

I'm in the Netherlands. Yeah I love to sip on tea as well when I get hungry. : )

Congrats on a successful day. I would just avoid buying sweets, if they're not in the house you can't munch on them! I was blessed without a sweet tooth, thank God. Salt on the other hand is a different story
    Thanks! Normally I don't have them in the house but the ice cream was a leftover I had from my meltdown a week ago. I was saving it to give to one of my patients at the nursing home I work at (couldn't justify throwing away an unopened container of Ben and Jerry's for some reason) but you know how that goes, lol. Thank goodness it is now in the trash where it belongs.

BTW I've got plenty of salty teeth in addition to my sweet ones. Luckily I can always just drink some broth (20 to 30 calories) to satisfy my salt cravings.

I'm in the Netherlands. Yeah I love to sip on tea as well when I get hungry. : )
    Neat . JW do you have a favorite tea?
    Back from the dead

OH LAWD there's another little critter loose in my room, courtesy of my cat Teddy. I thought he was just playing around in the closet until I heard shrill squeaking . We've been trying to catch a ground squirrel for the the past 20 minutes but this thing is like a little ninja: jumping on my bed, running on my desk.... my bedroom is in total chaos rn. At the moment we can't figure out where it is. I really hope I find it before I have to leave for work in 10 minutes.
    Back from the dead