filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can you guys help clarify some things for me?

Just out of curiousity I have noticed that a lot of people suggest starting strength and 3x5 as the rep range to get stronger. I am curious though, why is 3x5 better than 5x3 or working on douples and triples twice a week. Thanks

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Which is better is very relative to where you are currently in your lifting.

What are your current lifting stats? How long have you been lifting?

jacklambert58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacklambert58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacklambert58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacklambert58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacklambert58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacklambert58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacklambert58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacklambert58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacklambert58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacklambert58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacklambert58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    because the mylophytosone within each muscle is configured in exactly 3x5 ration spread out across the danipilomous

Just Do It. and report back if your curiosity leads you to some amazing discovery

Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500)
    Why is doing 5 pushups 3 times a day better than doing 3 pushups 5 times a day?

filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filthy03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I understand the sarcasm it is funny but I am just curious. I know I am not very strong but you guys know the most about getting strong. I can currently squat 1.5x my bodyweight and want to get.that up as fast as possible. I started squatting off and on about a year ago and just finished dieting down a little to clean up some body fat I gained. Most people tell me do starting strenth or a 5x5 workout. So I am curious why is that better than lifting closer to my 1 rep max twice a week. For example monday get in the gym and work up to a max of 3 reps then thursday repeat and try for more reps. Once I hit 5 reps increase the weight for next workout. Why should I do starting strength and start off witb such low.weights compared to weights I can handle now?

As for my current lifts they are 230LBS squat, 185 bench, 300lb deadlift I am 145 lbs and 9 percent body fat. I know I am small but strength is relative right?

Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by filthy03 View Post
    I understand the sarcasm it is funny but I am just curious. I know I am not very strong but you guys know the most about getting strong. I can currently squat 1.5x my bodyweight and want to get.that up as fast as possible. I started squatting off and on about a year ago and just finished dieting down a little to clean up some body fat I gained. Most people tell me do starting strenth or a 5x5 workout. So I am curious why is that better than lifting closer to my 1 rep max twice a week. For example monday get in the gym and work up to a max of 3 reps then thursday repeat and try for more reps. Once I hit 5 reps increase the weight for next workout.

Why should I do starting strength and start off witb such low.weights compared to weights I can handle now?

As for my current lifts they are 230LBS squat, 185 bench, 300lb deadlift I am 145 lbs and 9 percent body fat. I know I am small but strength is relative right?
    Huh?

Originally Posted by Szarko View Post
    Huh?
    If you.are unfamiliar with starting strength it is a routine predominately for beginners. Mark rippetoe is a strength coach who started the routine. He has beginners start with very very low weight.on all of the compound lifts. So for me the idea would be to start off at 115lbs and add 5 to 10 lbs each work out so almost 60 lbs a month. Mark rippetoes reasoning is so that you can avoid.stalling that way and to prime your body for heavy lifting in the weeks to come. Since I am not totally a beginner I am wondering what is better for me to either lift really heave twice a week now or lift in that 3x5 rep range. What do you guys do to get.as strong as possible?

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Strength may be relative, but that should be the least of your concerns. Powerlifting is about training for absolute strength, regardless of your bodyfat %.

Since you're relatively new, start with SS. A linear program that has been tried/tested will better serve you than working in arbitrary "3x5" ranges based on "how you feel that day."

Also, it is better to start lower in training maxes than to start higher and plateau (quicker). Long-term progress is the name of the game. Nobody started deadlifting 900lbs overnight.

Originally Posted by .aeterna View Post
    Strength may be relative, but that should be the least of your concerns. Powerlifting is about training for absolute strength, regardless of your bodyfat %.

Since you're relatively new, start with SS. A linear program that has been tried/tested will better serve you than working in arbitrary "3x5" ranges based on "how you feel that day."

Also, it is better to start lower in training maxes than to start higher and plateau (quicker). Long-term progress is the name of the game. Nobody started deadlifting 900lbs overnight.
    Ok I see what your saying. I just feel like starting so low is wastinv progress I already made. Why couldnt I just start with my 5 rm now and do squats twice a week and add 5 lbs each work out so similar to this.

MONDAY 3x5 200lb squat
    WEDNESDAY 2X5 WITH 80% OF MONDAYS SQUAT
    FRIDAY 3X5 205

MONDAY 3X5 210
    WED 2X5 80% OF MON SQUAT
    FRIDAY 3X5 215

I would basically add 10 lbs a week to squat with a recovery day inbetween. It is only 5 lbs less a week then starting strength and should allow me to not stall providing my diet is ok. How does that sound?

koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ...your squat max is 230, but your plan is to do 3x5 at 210 next week?
    That's how you stall.
    314/231/352/881@123

BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ok I see what your saying. I just feel like starting so low is wastinv progress I already made. Why couldnt I just start with my 5 rm now and do squats twice a week and add 5 lbs each work out so similar to this.

MONDAY 3x5 200lb squat
    WEDNESDAY 2X5 WITH 80% OF MONDAYS SQUAT
    FRIDAY 3X5 205

MONDAY 3X5 210
    WED 2X5 80% OF MON SQUAT
    FRIDAY 3X5 215

I would basically add 10 lbs a week to squat with a recovery day inbetween. It is only 5 lbs less a week then starting strength and should allow me to not stall providing my diet is ok. How does that sound?
    What you just typed was the basic idea behind the Texas Method. This should be used after you have run starting strength for a long time and are no longer able to milk any more gains out of it.
    1st Strongman Competition May 3rd, 2014

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I understand the sarcasm it is funny but I am just curious. I know I am not very strong but you guys know the most about getting strong. I can currently squat 1.5x my bodyweight and want to get.that up as fast as possible. I started squatting off and on about a year ago and just finished dieting down a little to clean up some body fat I gained. Most people tell me do starting strenth or a 5x5 workout. So I am curious why is that better than lifting closer to my 1 rep max twice a week. For example monday get in the gym and work up to a max of 3 reps then thursday repeat and try for more reps. Once I hit 5 reps increase the weight for next workout. Why should I do starting strength and start off witb such low.weights compared to weights I can handle now?

Are these one rep maxes or sets of reps?

Why does it seem like whenever someone wants clarity they are always so stingy with information?

No answer you get is going to satisfy. Just do what you want to do and report back.