Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)

Forearm injury..anyone else?

So I have been dealing with this for 2 months now and greatly effecting my bicep and some of my back workout. It feels like its my supinator muscle in my forearm, however it may be a tendon, I am not sure.

If you out stretch your arm, with palm facing str8 down it is the part of the forearm that is located directly inbetween the top of your foremarm and inside (thumb side) of your forearm...maybe 2-3 inches toward your hand. My best guess is this is my supinator muscle. Has anyone else had this injury? it is getting to the point I can't even do preacher curls, dumbell curs, or str8 bar curls with out a sharp pain shooting thru my arm...almost enough to cause me to drop the weight.

in 2 months, I have rested it, iced it, put anti inflamatory on it..... I just can't seem to get it to go away. I have noticed the peak on my right bicep is really hurting now. any idea's (besides doctor), getting frustrated.

I tend to try to avoid doctors as I have been over 60x in the past year for my surguries, follow ups, pain management, etc ...
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have you tried forearm bands? I had pain similar to yours as well as what seemed to be tennis elbow. I started wearing these http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Band-ABI00...3223626&sr=8-1 when working out and they have helped tremendously. I wore them 24/7 the first week. Now my forearm is fine. Still get the tennis elbow pain so I keep wearing them. Even for leg workouts.

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mavrick77 View Post
    So I have been dealing with this for 2 months now and greatly effecting my bicep and some of my back workout. It feels like its my supinator muscle in my forearm, however it may be a tendon, I am not sure.

If you out stretch your arm, with palm facing str8 down it is the part of the forearm that is located directly inbetween the top of your foremarm and inside (thumb side) of your forearm...maybe 2-3 inches toward your hand. My best guess is this is my supinator muscle. Has anyone else had this injury? it is getting to the point I can't even do preacher curls, dumbell curs, or str8 bar curls with out a sharp pain shooting thru my arm...almost enough to cause me to drop the weight.

in 2 months, I have rested it, iced it, put anti inflamatory on it..... I just can't seem to get it to go away. I have noticed the peak on my right bicep is really hurting now. any idea's (besides doctor), getting frustrated.

I tend to try to avoid doctors as I have been over 60x in the past year for my surguries, follow ups, pain management, etc ...
    I've had a few arm issues similar to what you describe come and go, expecially over the last 5-6 years. I've found very light training using whatever exercises don't hurt just to get the blood flowing to be better than not training at all as far as helping recovery. They seem to take a while to heal though. I'm still dealing with some elbow pain from re-introducing skull crushers back into my routine last spring/summer. That was a bad idea as that exercise has never agreed with my elbow. I've also finally gotten it through my head to stop trying to use heavy weights for arm training. Lighter weights with higher volume and focusing on keeping tension on the muscle have been keeping my arms pain free. I've also found the cambered bar to be my friend. It sounds like at this point your best bet really would be to see a doctor if the pain is that bad.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi
    Unfortunately I am all too familiar with forearm pain, and precisely the supinator. For me this is a "secondary" condition to my tendonitis (left arm) and my elbow surgery (right arm). Three docs have told me this is a common transferred pain because it makes up for the weakness in my other tendons, thus in itself eventually suffers from overuse. I am dealing with it right now, both arms, by doing exactly what you are doing, rest, ice, massage, and A/I rubs, barely keeping it in check. Here is a link to trigger points that seem to help.

http://www.painwhisperer.com/ptpath/...elbowpain.html

I am getting frustrated with all this pain stuff, injuries as well. I really don't know what to suggest except maybe taking a weeks worth of prescription A/I pills?? to try to break the cycle....

Good luck with it
    +Karma

Frank

IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Have you tried forearm bands? I had pain similar to yours as well as what seemed to be tennis elbow. I started wearing these http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Band-ABI00...3223626&sr=8-1 when working out and they have helped tremendously. I wore them 24/7 the first week. Now my forearm is fine. Still get the tennis elbow pain so I keep wearing them. Even for leg workouts.
    Freebird, thanks for recommending this. I also have the pain that the OP mentioned, and it's really interfearing with my workouts. I've been strapping up the forearm but that doesn't help much. I had to give up hammer curls since those hurt the most.

As soon as I click on the submit reply button, I'm headed over to amazon to order one of these.

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've battled "tennis elbow" in my right arm and "golfers elbow" in my left arm on and off since I hit my 30's. Stretching helps a bunch. Rest is best.

As OutofStep suggested, I had to finaly get over heavy weights for arm exercises. Lighter weight, high reps, and focus on the squeze FTW.
    Ice, massage, and stretches go a long way, but sometimes I just have to take a week off from the weights and let it rest.
    I wear wrist wraps now for everything, I believe it helps

At this time I'm pain free(knocks on wood)

Good luck to you.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had a very similiar injury. Forearm onlyhurt when I did biceps. I stopped any direct bicep work for two weeks. They got hit enough with back. After the two weeks, no issues. I would simply stop any excercises hurting the forearm for two weeks. Hard to do, I know, but otherwise it isn't going to get better. this is what worked for me

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    I had a very similiar injury. Forearm onlyhurt when I did biceps. I stopped any direct bicep work for two weeks. They got hit enough with back. After the two weeks, no issues. I would simply stop any excercises hurting the forearm for two weeks. Hard to do, I know, but otherwise it isn't going to get better. this is what worked for me
    problem is, even with indirect bicep work.... doing back for example, it gets all mad and flared up.... can't even barely grab anything with "righty" anymore.. and no, NOT PERVERTED. LOL
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

Originally Posted by MecGen View Post
    Hi
    Unfortunately I am all too familiar with forearm pain, and precisely the supinator. For me this is a "secondary" condition to my tendonitis (left arm) and my elbow surgery (right arm). Three docs have told me this is a common transferred pain because it makes up for the weakness in my other tendons, thus in itself eventually suffers from overuse. I am dealing with it right now, both arms, by doing exactly what you are doing, rest, ice, massage, and A/I rubs, barely keeping it in check. Here is a link to trigger points that seem to help.

http://www.painwhisperer.com/ptpath/...elbowpain.html

I am getting frustrated with all this pain stuff, injuries as well. I really don't know what to suggest except maybe taking a weeks worth of prescription A/I pills?? to try to break the cycle....

Good luck with it
    +Karma

Frank
    interesting site...however, instead of my pain going out to the elbow (elbow is fine)...it goes in and down towards inner forearm.. like another poster said, it hurts more and more the wrist is supinated..i.e. hammer curls are bad, ez curl bar is less bad, straight bar is less less bad...but they all suck. LOL

the band that wraps around the forearms looks interesting, but isn't that for tennis elbow? not inner forearm pain? or am I wrong

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

If you out stretch your arm, with palm facing str8 down it is the part of the forearm that is located directly inbetween the top of your foremarm and inside (thumb side) of your forearm...maybe 2-3 inches toward your hand. My best guess is this is my supinator muscle. Has anyone else had this injury? it is getting to the point I can't even do preacher curls, dumbell curs, or str8 bar curls with out a sharp pain shooting thru my arm...almost enough to cause me to drop the weight..
    Yup, I've got a similar injury in my left forearm. In my case, it is because my left shoulder (due to previous injury), isn't quite as flexible as my right shoulder, and so when I squat (low bar), a lot of pressure is placed on that area when I am holding the bar. In addition to taking a week off from squatting, I've been putting aspercreme on it, and icing it regularly in order to reduce inflammation. Seems to have helped....pain is reduced significantly.

OOS's suggestion above sounds like a good one too. I'll probably give that a shot next (my right forearm is f'cked up too, but in a completely different way).
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

NoBodyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have similar pain in my wrists and forearm from curling. Always had weak wrists and probably didnt help that I used to play 'mercy' a lot in elementary and junior highschool.

The pain usually clears up overnight. But a few days ago, I woke up with my right wrist/forearm in sharp pain. Tried doing bench at the gym and couldn't push up. So I started wearing a pair of grizzly wrist straps after 2 days of rest (most of the pain went away but I feel it's still hurting and weak). They're pretty sturdy material and does get a bit into the way if your hands need to bend forward/back for a wide range of motion. But when I do, I just readjust the band a bit lower/higher.

Question is, what are some good exercises for strengthening this area without causing the pain to flare up.

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hey guys.. go over and check out my joint health log.. it details castor oil packs and how to do them on sore joints, i used it to heal my elbow in the log...

address is in my sig.

BTW castor oil is dirt cheap.. you can get a yrs supply for like 10 bucks.

whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

injury

funny how i was just typing a new thread for this same injury....and said...let me just do a search.......

i have been having issues for weeks now and i cant even curl or do any back exercises...my right arm is bad...im not sure what to try to help...it affects almost everything i do....forget about tryin to start the damn mower!!!!! I have some voltaren gel from my doc, but its not really helping...is there any shots i can get from the doc to help???? or any thing i can get at the store to try???
    my workouts are down to eliminating back and bi's altogether....and its not healing....

Where do we go now....... erikjh's Avatar
    erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by whtrthanu View Post
    funny how i was just typing a new thread for this same injury....and said...let me just do a search.......

i have been having issues for weeks now and i cant even curl or do any back exercises...my right arm is bad...im not sure what to try to help...it affects almost everything i do....forget about tryin to start the damn mower!!!!! I have some voltaren gel from my doc, but its not really helping...is there any shots i can get from the doc to help???? or any thing i can get at the store to try???
    my workouts are down to eliminating back and bi's altogether....and its not healing....
    rest. ice, rest, nsaids, rest.....2-3 weeks from any lifting that would hurt the injury......did i mention rest.

most of the time its an inflamed tendon(tendenitus) and wont heal and is subject to reinjury if not properly rested before lifting is resumed.

this is from personal experience and multiple lifter friends of mine in the same boat. it sucks!!

rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have you tried deep tissue or neuromuscular massage? When ever I get tendonitis I will workout as hard as possible and massage and stretch effected area. Goes away in a month or so, while before I went to masage school it would last a year

Originally Posted by erikjh View Post
    rest. ice, rest, nsaids, rest.....2-3 weeks from any lifting that would hurt the injury......did i mention rest.

most of the time its an inflamed tendon(tendenitus) and wont heal and is subject to reinjury if not properly rested before lifting is resumed.

this is from personal experience and multiple lifter friends of mine in the same boat. it sucks!!
    I tried not working back for 2 weeks, voltaren gel (topical nsaid) on area, and icing every night. first day back in the gym, doing back, right back to where I started. grrrr

Originally Posted by rutzilla View Post
    Have you tried deep tissue or neuromuscular massage? When ever I get tendonitis I will workout as hard as possible and massage and stretch effected area. Goes away in a month or so, while before I went to masage school it would last a year
    you think this is tendonitis? the thing is, most people on here that dont have it, think we are talking about it going to the joint (i.e. caster oil, etc).. it doesnt, it goes the other way down the arm, deep in the muscle on your inner upper forearm by the elbow, not the joint though, like I said previous, if you look on a anatomy chart (not sure how familiar some are) it looks to be the supinator, not the joint. grrr so frustrating. like another poster said, i can't even work my bi's anywhere near back down now and have to use straps (haven't used em in years)

m3r1ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried not working back for 2 weeks, voltaren gel (topical nsaid) on area, and icing every night. first day back in the gym, doing back, right back to where I started. grrrr

you think this is tendonitis? the thing is, most people on here that dont have it, think we are talking about it going to the joint (i.e. caster oil, etc).. it doesnt, it goes the other way down the arm, deep in the muscle on your inner upper forearm by the elbow, not the joint though, like I said previous, if you look on a anatomy chart (not sure how familiar some are) it looks to be the supinator, not the joint. grrr so frustrating. like another poster said, i can't even work my bi's anywhere near back down now and have to use straps (haven't used em in years)
    Goto the doctor and have them check it out, I have a old shoulder injury from playing baseball, that greatly effects my workouts if i dont warm it up really good. Plus my elbow gives me problems. Doc hit me with a cortisone shot and had me rest it for a couple of weeks. I cant say its all in working order now, But i can work with the pain i have now.

orthopedics.about.com/cs/paindrugs/a/cortisone.htm

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can tell this is the O35 section. haha
    My wife has a wrist/forearm pain that recurs, not sure if it's the supinator but from what she shows me it may be. We got one of those 'wrist' supports from the drug store; there are several kinds but we got the one that wraps around the forearm and also covers much of the hand. It has a metal piece that runs along the bottom forearm. Wearing this some during the day seems to help, and she's able to do most lifts with it on, which she says helps.

rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Still a little confused aboiut the area, does it run down underneath the brachioradialius? Like it would hurt the most during hammer curls? Thats the tendonitis I have had.

Originally Posted by m3r1ll View Post
    Goto the doctor and have them check it out, I have a old shoulder injury from playing baseball, that greatly effects my workouts if i dont warm it up really good. Plus my elbow gives me problems. Doc hit me with a cortisone shot and had me rest it for a couple of weeks. I cant say its all in working order now, But i can work with the pain i have now.

orthopedics.about.com/cs/paindrugs/a/cortisone.htm
    Screw the doctor... spent over 500,000 last year (thank god for insurance) but still had 12k worth of copays, prescriptions, etc.... LOL

Originally Posted by rutzilla View Post
    Still a little confused aboiut the area, does it run down underneath the brachioradialius? Like it would hurt the most during hammer curls? Thats the tendonitis I have had.
    Attached a picture with the possible muscle groups circled in yellow.... hammer curls kill, but str8 bar curls kill too. Enough so, where its almost one of thoose jolts of pain that makes you drop the weight without control.
    Attached Images

MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've been dealing with some pain in this exact area for the past month. I think I hurt it on heavy barbell curls. Now I have to stay away from any type of curls right now. It feels better some days, then back to the same pain as before on others. I'm using a forearm wrap brace to help stabilize it during exercising. So far, it's been OK as long as I avoid curls. Damn these lingering injuries do suck.

Hope you heal up soon mav.

Originally Posted by MarkDL View Post
    I've been dealing with some pain in this exact area for the past month. I think I hurt it on heavy barbell curls. Now I have to stay away from any type of curls right now. It feels better some days, then back to the same pain as before on others. I'm using a forearm wrap brace to help stabilize it during exercising. So far, it's been OK as long as I avoid curls. Damn these lingering injuries do suck.

Hope you heal up soon mav.
    you too mark... its very frustrating to say the least when I have to grab 20lb dumbells to curl with, because its the only weight I can deal with the pain.

whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtrthanu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

f/arm

thats definetly the area on me!!! was takin it easy on curls stupid light weight with the curling bar and it felt ...eh!!! and today its friggin killin me!!!! i just mowed my damn lawn and i couldnt even hold the damn weed wacker!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!! im actually stressin over this....i cant do squat!!! and i am shriveling!!!!!!!! i think i may see my doc buddy!!! hes been shootin me up in my back for years.....he may be able to hit me up with something....the other arm is starting in now.....I actually think this is a side affect from the meds im on....i never had this crap before.....

nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's not the most fun solution but have you considered just not doing anything that causes the pain for a while? Sometimes rest and time are the only cures. It's kinda like the guy who goes to the doctor and says, "Doc, it hurts when I do "this" (insert any motion you like here). Doc says, "don't do that".

IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) IdidntDoIt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Been wearing this now since last Thursday. I'm now feeling an improvement.
    - Dave

Dig deeper

Yep thats the tendonitis that i've experienced also, looks pretty damn common. I worked through mine, did stretchs by resting my arm on a bar about mid way up forearm in a neutral (hammer) position and took my other hand and pulling down on the bad hand. Takes a little experimenting to find the correct position for the stretch, also did deep tissue massage on it. it went away in about a month. Also did no hammers curls, BB curls fully supinated, I couldnt do flys and did DB laterials by putting a ankle strap just below the elbow.

Hopes this helps you out.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My left elbow has bothered me for some 2 months now. Not the elbow precisely, but the bone on the side, just as it 'arrives' to the joint. Couple that with a right shoulder that hurts like hell, and now, the left hamstring. I'm in a quandry. You can only 'work around' so many things! LOL

I always use a strap for elbows. They used to have one that fit tightly right round the elbow, now it seems to be one on the forearm just above the elbow. That helps some. This **** keeps up I'm going to look like the freakin' mummy when I show up at the gym!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

CB55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CB55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CB55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CB55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CB55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CB55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CB55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CB55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CB55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CB55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CB55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    My left elbow has bothered me for some 2 months now. Not the elbow precisely, but the bone on the side, just as it 'arrives' to the joint. Couple that with a right shoulder that hurts like hell, and now, the left hamstring. I'm in a quandry. You can only 'work around' so many things! LOL

I always use a strap for elbows. They used to have one that fit tightly right round the elbow, now it seems to be one on the forearm just above the elbow. That helps some. This **** keeps up I'm going to look like the freakin' mummy when I show up at the gym!
    I had that same problem with my elbow last year. Went to the Dr and he did a MRI and says its inflamed but no real damage. Told me to take it easy for a few weeks so I did. After that I start lifting and its still hurting. Go back to Dr and he says take more time off. He says it might be one of those things that takes months to heal. I asked him if I would do more damage to it if I lifted and he says probable not. I go back to lifting and after about 6 months the pain is gone. It was one of those things that one day I was like my elbow does not hurt anymore.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post

Lol! One of the trainers at my gym calls me Wonder Woman now. Although her bands were on her wrists and mine are two fingers from the elbows. Bought knee wraps last night too

ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have something similar, I think I did it doing heavy barbell rows. I'm going to do legs today and tomorrow and just rest it over the weekend, that will give me 5 days off it and I will see how it feels monday. If it is still sore I'm just going to take a week off and do stretching and cardio.

I don't have a sharp "ouch" type pain though, I have an ache type pain that just aches even more if I try and do things like DB lateral raises or anything with a lot of forearm rotation. My elbow itself feels fine.
    Attached Images