robertkalo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Straight milk vs. protein supplements

I've been reading a few articles that milk has the perfect balance of fats, carbs, protein, calcium, vitamins, etc. etc. etc. for your body. Apparently the protein in it is 80% casein and 20% whey so that also intrigued me. As somebody who isn't really interested in bulking up in terms of actual bodybuilding (its just not my goal), I would save loads of dough by just drinking milk after my workout instead of buying my protein powder because thats a $30 expense every 2-3 months

NutritionGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NutritionGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NutritionGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Milk is highly pasteurized meaning most nutrients are either removed , or rendered in some state. Unless you're getting organic milk which expires almost in the same day you get it. If your goal is not to bulk you shouldn't bother with whey protein and stick tho whole foods as your prime source of protein.

Philosofriend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Philosofriend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Philosofriend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Philosofriend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Philosofriend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Philosofriend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Philosofriend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Philosofriend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Philosofriend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Philosofriend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Philosofriend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by robertkalo View Post
    I've been reading a few articles that milk has the perfect balance of fats, carbs, protein, calcium, vitamins, etc. etc. etc. for your body. Apparently the protein in it is 80% casein and 20% whey so that also intrigued me. As somebody who isn't really interested in bulking up in terms of actual bodybuilding (its just not my goal), I would save loads of dough by just drinking milk after my workout instead of buying my protein powder because thats a $30 expense every 2-3 months
    What do you mean by 'perfect' balance? For your desired macros?
    "To be a man is to become a man."

- K. Jaspers