Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Hardout's Leangains + PSMF 5 week Cut

**Before I start, please sub to this thread or follow and don't be affraid to post suggestions or encouragement. The reason we do these logs is for motivation so help a brother out, if you have a log please let me know and I will help you on your journey too**

Hey everyone, I won't bore you too much with a backstory here but I followed a pretty successful leangains cut from 95kg(209lbs) to 86kg(189lbs) with a final goal of 80kg(176lbs). Then I blew out a little bit and went back up to 89kg(196lbs). I did days here and there of psmf and it really helped boost my weightloss so I thought I would experiment and do a full 5 week PSMF diet. If I lose muscle mass, so be it. Hopefully you guys can learn from this and see the results and it can help you implement different ideas into your weight loss plans.

The Plan

- 1pm-9pm feeding window
    - 1 scoop Xtend pre workout
    - 200g minimum of protein per day
    - 6g fish oil and multi each day
    - Red meat and chicken breast
    - Approx 1100 cals give or take each day
    - 4 day split, 30-40 minute training sessions
    - No cardio besides walking as I stupidly lost my license and have no other way of getting around

I will weigh in every day and my weigh in will be the morning after the day I report on. This is so I can weigh in on an empty stomach and the morning posts give me motivation for the rest of the day.

Ok lets do this

Day 1 - 27/8/12
    Weight: 88.8kg / 195.4lbs
    Weight loss to date: 0kg / 0lbs
    Food: 1080cals, 203g protein, 25g fat, 0g carbs
    Training: 12 sets chest and 3 sets tris. Felt slightly weaker as I have just had 2 weeks off but not as bad as I thought. Also walked a total of 9.6km with a return trip to the gym and work
    Overall feeling: I felt good, a little hunger pain during the day but that was beaten by a few cups of coffee. Really frustrated I let myself go and gained these few kgs but hopefully by the end of the 5 weeks I will be looking better than ever.

Ready for Day 2, I will update tomorrow morning!
    Last edited by HardOut; 08-27-2012 at 07:39 PM.

mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good luck bro, PSMF ain't no joke and I commend anyone atleast giving it a try.

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In. Good luck and Godspeed. psmf is no joke, much less for 5 weeks. A lot of it is a mental game. You CAN do it. Just have to believe and don't listen to your mind at time.s
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    In for this, good luck man keep us updated I'm really interested in this.

Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In on this. Interested to see what kind of results you get on PSMF. Best of luck bro!

HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardOut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. The motivation I get from this thread will determine how long I can put my body through this!

I got called in for a last minute overtime shift last night (9pm-6am) so I missed my gym session so I will hit the gym a little later and take yesterday as my rest day instead of today. Suprisingly the hunger wasn't too bad considering I was up all night. Just got home so I'll get some sleep and post my report for yesterday along with a weigh in after Day 2 in about 6 hours

Day 2 - 28/8/12
    Weight: 87.1kg / 191.6lbs
    Weight loss to date: 1.7kg / 3.7lbs
    Food: 1185cals, 222g protein, 28g fat, 0g carbs
    Training: As I stated above, taken as a rest day. 2.4km of walking.
    Overall feeling: Easier than yesterday, despite working a night shift. A little lethargic at work. Been smashing the coffee and coke zero to keep me feeling fuller when I get hungry. Starting too see a little less bloat in the mirror.

Just thought I would inform you all that I have a feeling my weight will fluctuate a bit due to water in the next few weeks for the following reasons:

- Smashing the coke zero. A little bloat?
    - Started taking creatine mono as of Day 1
    - May weigh in more after night shifts as I will be consuming water all night and it may not be 'flushed out' by the mornings weigh in

Keep following this space I am promising results! I am also expecting a little hostility because I'm not exactly following things 'by the book' and expect a bit of cringing of the teeth when it comes time to reveal my one or two nights of binge drinking during this cut and how I will go about my diet to minimise impact. Just a reminder this is an experiment so if you don't feel I'm doing things right, by all means say something but just sit back and watch to see how things pan out. I am hoping to get rid of this somewhat "ohh no I'm going to lose muscle if I don't eat every 3 hours and stick to a 500 calorie deficit" mentality on these forums.

Ready to smash Day 3, can't wait to hit the gym!
    Last edited by HardOut; 08-29-2012 at 08:02 PM.

bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000) bubbletea9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP do you think you could go into a bit of detail in regards to meal content? Are you just eating broccoli and chicken like a lot of other people on this program?

Originally Posted by bubbletea9 View Post
    OP do you think you could go into a bit of detail in regards to meal content? Are you just eating broccoli and chicken like a lot of other people on this program?
    At the moment my diet is pretty boring. First meal is 300g of round steak with 3g fish oil and multi. Second meal is 280g of seasoned chicken breast and third meal is 280g of seasoned chicken breast with 3g fish oil. Not eating any veggies at the moment although I probably should, never really been a fan of anything other than onion and mushrooms but because I'm not getting any fibre in my diet I will look at adding some greens.

This is all I will consume for next 2 weeks, plus a ****load of coke zero and black coffee. 33 days to go... haha
    Attached Images
    ***CHECK IT OUT***
    **Leangains + PSMF 5 week Cut Log**
    *Day 26/36 - LOST 5.7kg / 12.5lbs*
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147698763

Day 3 - 29/8/12
    Weight: 86.7kg / 190.7lbs
    Weight loss to date: 2.1kg / 4.6lbs
    Training: 12 sets back and 3 sets bis. Felt pretty fatigued at the gym after a few sets but pushed it out. Bit hard to tell if there is any strength loss as I am coming back from 2 weeks off. Not too far behind where I was before the break. 6km of walking.
    Overall feeling: Towards the end of the day I was very hungry, woke up at 2am the following morning (today) for work and the walk felt a lot harder than usual. I am however sticking to it well and seeing small changes daily

Wish me luck for day 4!

*Screwed up my calorie and macro count for the first few days from incorrectly portioned meat so I edited the above posts. Will go back to the original plan as soon as I get through these last few steaks.
    Last edited by HardOut; 08-29-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keep it up man! Particularly interested in how much of an effect PSMF will have in your strength

Originally Posted by Winfamy View Post
    Keep it up man! Particularly interested in how much of an effect PSMF will have in your strength
    Thanks dude. Yeah this is my main worry. The plan is as soon as the strength starts to crumble I will do a one day carb load and hit maintenance/slightly above maintenance cals. I will do this a maximum of once per week though. I figure if I'm going to be doing this for 5 weeks I will need a few refeeds. But they won't be to help my mental state or a 'cheat' day, they will only be used to prevent lbm loss.
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Beast in Training RichDestiNY22's Avatar
    RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck, dude!
    Shattering mental blocks, one rep at a time...

My First Leangains Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143625273

Operation: Diesel Daddy Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149755683

XCouponX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XCouponX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XCouponX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XCouponX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XCouponX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XCouponX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XCouponX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XCouponX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XCouponX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XCouponX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XCouponX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best of luck, mayne. You've got this sheet.

Day 4 - 30/8/12
    Weight: 86.0kg / 189.2lbs
    Weight loss to date: 2.8kg / 6.2lbs
    Training: Rest day today with only 1.2km of walking
    Overall feeling: Probably the best I have felt all week. Not too hungry at all, keep in mind I am up all night at work not eating a thing for 16 hours after my last meal at 9pm so this is the only really tough period as I can't exactly sleep through the fast.

Pumped for my gym sesh today. Bring on Day 5!

Originally Posted by XCouponX View Post
    Best of luck, mayne. You've got this sheet.
    Thanks mate, appreciate the support

Originally Posted by RichDestiNY22 View Post
    Good luck, dude!
    I've been meaning to sit down and read your log from top to bottom man, I'll get onto it later today. Hope all is going well and thanks for following!
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Repped OP. Thanks for the response to my question and keep it up bro. In for updates whenever, very interested.

Originally Posted by bubbletea9 View Post
    Repped OP. Thanks for the response to my question and keep it up bro. In for updates whenever, very interested.
    Thanks mate, stay tuned!
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Day 5 - 31/8/12
    Weight: 85.5kg / 188.1bs
    Weight loss to date: 3.3kg / 7.3lbs
    Training: 12 sets shoulders and 3 sets tris. 7.2km walking
    Overall feeling: Felt goooooood yesterday. Getting used to the low cals and had a good session in the gym. Feeling a little carb depleted and flat though.

Been drinking like 5-6 375ml cans of diet coke a day. Thoughts?? (1 cal per can)

Ok so tonight I'm going to a good mates 21st. Didn't make it to the gym as I haven't had a spare minute. I've cooked up 740g of chicken breast to hit my protein and going to have a fair bit to drink tonight, but definitely not going over my maintenance. Will report on it tomorrow.
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Day 6 - 1/9/12
    Weight: ???
    Weight loss to date: 3.3kg / 7.3lbs
    Food: 880cals, 185g protein, 10g fat, 0g carbs (alcohol ???)
    Training: 12 sets legs, 3 sets bis
    Overall feeling: Felt good during the day. Had a good night out, didn't bother counting alcohol cals. Low carb beer and vodka diet coke only.

Sorry for the late update, no access to a computer and couldn't get a weight measurement as I am away and don't have access to any decent scales. Today is a bit of a refeed, won't go over maintenance though.
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

CincoSeisDos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CincoSeisDos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CincoSeisDos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CincoSeisDos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CincoSeisDos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Subbed, very intrigued, never heard of PSMF until you mentioned it. Will be reading into it further and adding it to my current LG/IF mix

Day 7 - 2/9/12
    Weight: 87.5kg / 192.5lbs
    Change: +2.0kg / +4.4lbs (After carb load)
    Weight loss to date: 1.3kg / 2.9lbs
    Food: 2664cals, 245g protein, 42g fat, 307g carbs
    Training: Rest day
    Overall feeling: Big refeed for me yesterday, was expecting some big weight gain. Gave me an idea of how much fat I have lost so far in proportion to total weight. The water weight should take care of itself over the next few days. Back into it today
    Last edited by HardOut; 09-03-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Day 8 - 3/9/12
    Weight: 86.7kg / 190.7lbs
    Change: -0.8kg / -1.8lbs
    Weight loss to date: 2.1kg / 4.6lbs
    Food: 1099cals, 220g protein, 18g fat, 0g carbs
    Training: 12 sets chest and 3 sets tris. Felt good, strength up slightly from last week.
    Overall feeling: Starting to lose this bloat from the weekend. Wasn't really hungry either, I found that it was also pretty hard to eat much food on my refeed days because I was used to eating so little.

My diet will be strict for the next 2 weeks, will have a refeed and then strict for the two weeks after that to finish the cut off.
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Day 9 - 4/9/12

Weight: 85.7kg / 188.5lbs

Change: -1.0kg / -2.2lbs

Weight loss to date: 3.1kg / 6.8lbs

Training:
    Assisted Pullups: -19x9, -19x8, -19x8
    Bent Over Row (Supine Grip): 65x10, 65x10, 65x8
    Seated Row (Close Grip): 57x9, 57x9, 57x8
    Lat Pulldown: 47x8, 47x8, 47x7
    Hammer Curls: 16x8, 16x9, 16x8
    Walking Distance: 5.4km

Overall feeling:
    Pretty much back to the weight I was before the refeed weekend. Wasn't hungry at all compared to the start of the diet anyway. Was hard to get the the gym but once I was there it was ok. Still felt a little fatigued.

I noticed that after the refeed and temporary weight gain maybe some of you thought that this will be another half assed log and I will quit after the first week. This is not the case, I'm back on it and look forward to showing you massive amounts of weight dropped in the next 10 days before my next planned carb load. Also any suggestions to how I can make this log more interesting I would be happy to accomodate (training logs ect)
    Last edited by HardOut; 09-06-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Day 10 - 5/9/12

Weight: 85.0kg / 187lbs

Change: -0.7kg / -1.5lbs

Weight loss to date: 3.8kg / 8.4lbs

Food: 1094 cals, 204g protein, 26g fat, 2g carbs

Training:
    Walking Distance: 3.6km

Overall feeling:
    Felt good to have a rest day with no work to worry about, got to sleep in. But then spent about 5 hours cleaning the house for an inspection we have tomorrow. So that was my exercise for the day. Hunger was controlled with coke zero, but was busy most of the day so didn't notice it until later on.

Down to my lowest weight since the start of the cut, look about 3 days to see that water retention from the weekend go. Will not have to worry about that again this weekend as I will continue very strictly up until the weekend after where I will have a bit of a refeed.

I know the weight loss will slow right down soon, but I will keep going until I reach my goal of 80kg and then I will re-evaluate. Considering I will be fully carb depleted maybe 75kg will be the final goal.

Big gym sesh today and work tonight, now I'm back to bed for a little so I can wake up right on the start of my feeding window
    Last edited by HardOut; 09-06-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Nice to see you're still going strong the refeed is bound to give you that extra burst you need to last until the next one! Did a refeed last saturday and I've been breaking all sorts of PRs this week, it's incredible! Sure makes me wonder why I didn't start refeeding sooner :P

How are your lifts holding up?

Originally Posted by Winfamy View Post
    Nice to see you're still going strong the refeed is bound to give you that extra burst you need to last until the next one! Did a refeed last saturday and I've been breaking all sorts of PRs this week, it's incredible! Sure makes me wonder why I didn't start refeeding sooner :P
    Thanks mate. Think I am already needing another refeed! Haha. Lifts are holding up, barely. I'm either pushing out an extra rep or staying the exact same, at least I'm not going backwards. Yesterdays session was tough. I'll get into it a bit more in the next post. What kinda cals and macros are you hitting for your refeed? Dirty or clean?
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Decided to give you my workout logs, all exercises are in kgs x reps. I will edit as many posts above as it will allow me to include my workouts.

Day 11 - 6/9/12

Weight: 84.7kg / 186.3lbs

Change: -0.3kg / -0.7lbs

Weight loss to date: 4.1kg / 9.0lbs

Food: 1108 cals, 207g protein, 26g fat, 3g carbs

Training:
    Overhead DB Press: 20x10, 20x10, 20x9
    Overhead Press Machine (Neutral Grip): 39x8, 39x8, 39x7
    Cable Lateral Raises: 5x10, 5x10, 5x10
    Rear Delt Flies (Reverse Pec Deck): 47x10, 47x10, 47x6
    Tri Pushdown (V Bar): 30x9, 30x9, 30x7
    Walking Distance: 3.2km

Overall feeling:
    Todays workout was tough. I'm pretty confident by the way I felt in the gym, the amount of weight lost and the way I look in the mirror I have next to no glycogen left in my muscles whatsoever. Even though my volume is not too high at all the weights felt much heavier than they did last week but I still managed to do just as good or a little better. Hunger was controllable, I think I'm getting to unhealthy levels of aspartame consumption but oh well. Also getting real bad cravings for carbs.

But I'm not giving in. Every day is getting harder than the day before but I can do it!
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Ok bros. I'm struggling big time. I skipped the gym today cause I could hardly get out of bed. I will be going tomorrow.

Thinking I may need weekly carb loads, instead of fortnightly. I have planned out a potential refeed tomorrow, depending on how I am feeling and what feedback I get before then (if I get any)

Here is the plan.

Protein pancakes
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 litre low fat ice cream
    2 cups rice
    280g chicken breast
    1 large onion
    30ml soy sauce

2915 cals, 28g fat, 203g protein, 464g carbs

This will be around my maintenance, although not sure how the last 2 weeks of very low cals have affected that.

Thoughts?
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

Day 12 - 7/9/12

Weight: 84.4kg / 185.7lbs

Change: -0.3kg / -0.7lbs

Weight loss to date: 4.4kg / 9.7lbs

Food: 1085 cals, 205g protein, 25g fat, 0g carbs

Training:
    Rest Day
    Walking Distance: 3.6km

Overall feeling:
    As you can see from the post above, yesterday was terrible. No energy, very hungry, **** mood.

I skipped the gym and had my workout today instead. Also doing a carb up and eating at maintenance. Will post some food porn with my report tomorrow

Last 2 days weight loss proves I am out of muscle glycogen, hopefully today's carb load will fill me out a little. The scales won't be my friend tomorrow...
    ***CHECK IT OUT***

I'm doing a structured refeed at maintenance - 2450kcal 151p/407c/24f - having it today, soooo good

And keep it up man almost two weeks have gone by already and the results are showing!