Not a single fcuk to give RPBougie's Avatar
    RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy Bench and Squat help please...

My apologies, as I'm sure this question has been brought here before. I've been stuck at 225 which I still struggle at some days for both my bench and my squat. Super weak yeah I know... I've tried switching up my routines a few times. Used the Kris Gethin 12 week to get to where I'm at. Went free style for a while doing my own thing. Switched over to a couple different push pull routines. Mixed dumbbells and barbell. Started doing MMA so for that and out of frustration with my lack of strength gains in these two areas started doing Rippetoes starting strength a few weeks ago. Just to get back to the basics. I've grown in every aspect but these two and I for the life of me can't figure out why? If anyone could point me in the slightest direction I'd be forever grateful.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. Learn proper technique
    2. Stick to a program for a long time
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Not a single fcuk to give RPBougie's Avatar
    RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50) RPBougie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    1. Learn proper technique
    2. Stick to a program for a long time
    Yeah, thought technique might be an issue. Squating in socks instead of shoes feels better. Been working hard to make sure technique isn't an issue. The programs usually go for at least 12 weeks. Thank you though for the input.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RPBougie View Post
    Yeah, thought technique might be an issue. Squating in socks instead of shoes feels better. Been working hard to make sure technique isn't an issue. The programs usually go for at least 12 weeks. Thank you though for the input.
    You don't slide in your socks? And how have you been checking? Videoing yourself? Post the videos up here. And by sticking to a program I don't just mean till when 1 cycle of the program is done. There are people who have gone through tons of cycles of 5/3/1 or 5x5 and done it for 1, 2 or maybe even more years.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz