Boris89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please comment on my workout program

Greetings everybody, i'm new here and glad to join the community. I'm male, 23 years old, height: 1.80m (5 ft. 11 in.), weight: 80kg(176 lbs.) Used to weightlift 3 months ago and now want to resume (and this time with absolute dedication). I am also a runner and can run for more than an hour without resting, but I'm moving to building muscle. I am seeking to lose fat & build muscle at the same time, no bulking and cutting phases.

So here is what I plan to do:

Monday: Chest&Triceps day

Bench press 4x12
    Dumbbell chest fly 3x12
    Dumbbell pullover 3x12
    Tricep kickbacks 3x12
    Band pushdowns 3x10

Situps 3x80
    Cardio: 20min run

Tuesday: 30min run

Wednesday: Back&Biceps day Sadly no strength for pullups, but will add them in time.

Lat pull 4x12
    Barbell row 4x12
    T-bar row 3x12
    Seated cable row 3x12
    Preacher curls 3x12
    Biceps curl 3x12
    Hammer curl 3x12

Situps 3x80

Thursday: 30min run

Friday: shoulder and legs day

Back squat 3x12
    Leg extentions 3x12
    Leg curls 3x12
    Front dumbbell raise 3x12
    Lateral raise 3x12
    Overhead dumbbell raise 3x12

Situps 3x80

Weekends: 30 min run

Nutrition: oatmeal+ 20g nuts, lean meats (mostly chicken), fish, eggs, beans, peas, other veggies, a bit of fruit, low fat yoghurt and milk.. that kind of stuff. It seems i need roughly 2500 calories for maintenance (incl. workout) so i'm thinking to eat 2200cal a day.

So do you think the program is adequate for muscle gains and fat loss? Is 3 days in the gym too little? Any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by Boris89; 08-29-2012 at 01:51 AM.

MARKLORIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MARKLORIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MARKLORIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MARKLORIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MARKLORIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MARKLORIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MARKLORIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MARKLORIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MARKLORIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MARKLORIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MARKLORIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am not sure of your current lifting experience, but me personally, I would generally recommend going Full body, then upper / lower split, then something like what you have. The routine isn't bad though, and the way it is set up allows for some easy variation as you could also later do chest and bi's, back and tri's, and so forth. This isn't really a strength building routine, if pure strength is what you are looking for I would research power lifting and olympic lifting. This will, however help you lose some fat, and is a great start to building some lean mass providing your diet is maintained. My only concern is sit ups, personally I don't find sit ups to be a great exercise, if you feel you must do them, I would recommend trying a different ab exercise for each workout, and maybe throwing in some oblique work. I wouldn't say that 3 days in the gym is too little either, many people fail to get the appropriate amount of rest, so I feel you are on the right track.
    https://www.********.com/shutyourmouthandtrain - My ******** training page - shut up and train

Day 1 - Shoulders and abs
    Day 2 - Hamstrings and obliques
    Day 3 - Chest and calves
    Day 4 - Back and abs
    Day 5 - Quads and obliques
    Day 6 - biceps / triceps and calves
    Day 7 - abs and obliques
    Day 8 - Off

Boris89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MARKLORIE View Post
    I am not sure of your current lifting experience, but me personally, I would generally recommend going Full body, then upper / lower split, then something like what you have. The routine isn't bad though, and the way it is set up allows for some easy variation as you could also later do chest and bi's, back and tri's, and so forth. This isn't really a strength building routine, if pure strength is what you are looking for I would research power lifting and olympic lifting. This will, however help you lose some fat, and is a great start to building some lean mass providing your diet is maintained. My only concern is sit ups, personally I don't find sit ups to be a great exercise, if you feel you must do them, I would recommend trying a different ab exercise for each workout, and maybe throwing in some oblique work. I wouldn't say that 3 days in the gym is too little either, many people fail to get the appropriate amount of rest, so I feel you are on the right track.
    So you're saying I should get a full body workout routine and then switch to upper/lower splits. How much time should I spend on the FBW routine before moving on to the next level? And thanks for the other info you provided!