I have a "restday". Meaning to not enter gym but still biking to job and there I will do a lot of manual work, assembling, walking around, checking stuff and being busy for 7 hrs effective time. But such is life sometimes.
Anyway: They had a kick ass offer on frozen chickenliver 500 kg ( > 1lbs) for just 1 € ( 1.50 USD) - mrs U doesn't like chickenliver but I decided to not pass on cheap protein and mineralpacked stuff.
So decided to buy a few and composed this recipe
* 500 g ( 18 oz) Chickenliver
* 200 g ( 7 oz ) Broccoli ( or any similar veggie of your choice. Squash, Cauliflower, bean sprouts.)
* 170 g ( 6 oz) Red lentils - you may cooked them yourself or buy them in a container ready so did I.
* 1 tbsp of chopped garlic ( or more!)
* 170 g ( 6 oz) mushrooms ( you can use fresh, but I bought canned)
* 2,5 dl ( 1 cup) of cooking cream ( I used 4% fat but it will work with any cream or why not greek youghurt or creme fraiche)
* 1 tbsp oil ( or butter or just a spray of non-stick stuff)
How to cook it
Not really a rocket science but you need to fry the mushrooms together with garlic in some oil. Put that aside and fry thoroughly the liver. Salt and pepper , pour on the lentils, mushroom , veggies and cream and let it simmer for another 10 mins.
This is supposed to divided in two servings and each serving spurts these figures: