markmil2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb 12 Week workout journal. Hypertrophy Specific

So, I am doing to transformation challenge. Historically speaking, people that start at a higher bodyfat and lose a ton of fat are the "winners," so I don't necessarily see a win in my future, but I figure it couldn't hurt to give it a shot since I have a unique workout program, and $80,000 would allow me to help out a friend. My workout consists of an upper/lower split in which the upper body focuses on giant sets and the lower body portion is similar to german volume training, only with light weigh and short rest periods. The lower body portion may change though, as I have other ideas in my mind, I just need to test-drive it a bit first.

All reps are done with a slow controlled movement, flexing the muscle during contraction, and focusing on the negative with a 4 second negative. All exercises are down for 8 reps then continuing to the next exercise. Every five workouts another set is added, until 5 sets has been completed 5 times in which case the weight is increased

First my Upperbody portion

Giant Set Chest (3 sets) 40 seconds at the end of giant set
    Bench Press
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    Dumbbell flies
    Push Ups
    Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press

Giant Set Lats
    Wide Grip Lat Pull Down
    Mid Grip Lat Pull Down
    Dumbbell bent over rows
    Straight arm pull downs
    standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press

Giant Set Rhomboids
    Seated Row Close grip
    Seated Row Wide grip
    Dumbbell bent over rows
    Straight arm Pull downs
    Standing Dumbbell shoulder Press

Giant set Biceps
    Wide grip EZ Bar Curls
    EZ Bar Curls
    Dumbbell Hammer Curls
    Preacher Curls
    Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press

Giant set Triceps
    Rope Pull Down
    Reverse Grip Tricep Push Down
    Tricep Push Down
    Overhead tricep extension
    Tricep Pushups

Tri Set
    Upright rows
    side Lateral Raises
    Rear lateral Raises

Before you ask, the reason I do dumbbell shoulder presses so frequently, is that my shoulders are lagging, so I use a light weight, 15 pound dumbbells to get in a ton of volume. I have been using this trick for two weeks so far, and my shoulders have improved dramatically. I use light weight for my shoulders to avoid injury, but also because due to the heavy volume, I would likely injure myself otherwise. It is still a challenge to finish, so I imagine I am using the appropriate weight. This workout also makes you very hungry!

The lower body portions start with 8 sets of 8 reps but every 5 workouts the reps per set increases by two until 12 rep sets have been completed 5 times, in which case the weight is increased. The rest period between sets is only 20 seconds! The Exception is the walking lunges. The walking lunges I do post workout after I get home from the gym (10 minutes later). I do 10 reps to each leg (20 reps total) rest 10 seconds and keep going until I feel a massive pump or my legs get shakey.

Lower Body
    Squats

Leg Extension

Standing Calf Raises

Seated Calf Raises

Lying Leg Curls

Seated Leg Curls

Walking Lunges

Diet
    My Diet for this routine is a bit unusual. I eat 3 meals, within a 6 hour period, totaling 2500 calories. I don't track vegetables though, since I think it is pretty stupid to track vegetables. I work in a grocery store, and I have heard women complain about the carb content of vegetables, and some ask for low carb versions of veggies (Which don't exist to my knowledge). For that reason, I eat all the veggies I want, usually to feel full, and to get fiber. I allow myself a cheat day, but that cheat day still have solid food choices, just a lot more food. I basically have a preworkout meal, a post workout meal (Which includes a protein shake) and a third meal to give me just fats and proteins to last until my next morning meal. Although I am not big by any means, I can eat a ton in one sitting. (For new years dinner I ate 4 ribeyes with seconds on all sides). As the routine moves on, I am going to slowly increase the calories (probably bi-weekly). I haven't decided yet, but I was thinking about shifting (either bi-weekly or weekly) between 40 40 20 (P C F) and 40 20 40 (P C F) to keep my body on a roller-coaster of guessing. The dieting isn't exactly all done and finalized yet though, as I have never really logged this sort of thing.

Supplementation
    I don't take Fat Burners......they make me feel funny and I am already fairly lean compared to most of America. Not to mention, I have never heard of anyone bulking and taking fat burners, and I believe that fat is your "friend." I take Amino acids in a 2:1:1 ratio, nothing special just pure amino acid powder that I purchased off of Amazon. For my protein I take Universal Whey Pro, and I have a homemade pre-workout that I make with bulk supplies of micronized creatine, Beta Alinine, and Glutamine. I stay clear of caffeine when I can, but I do have some pre-workout that I use if I work a long shift, or miss some sleep to push me through a workout.

I will keep everyone updated as I head through this journey. Feel free to comment, offer advice/suggestions, and I would love it if one or two people joined me in this or something similar. Below are my starting photos. I will be updating them every one or two weeks.
    bb1.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    bb3.jpg
    If you want to do something you've never done before; you've got to be willing to try something you've never tried before.