ChemCadTutGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChemCadTutGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChemCadTutGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChemCadTutGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChemCadTutGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChemCadTutGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChemCadTutGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChemCadTutGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChemCadTutGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChemCadTutGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChemCadTutGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Losing 3 stone in a 16-week training camp to become a professional boxer...?

Hi,

I used to be a successful amateur boxer of at a weight of 75kg or middleweight before I fractured my foot and for a while hung up the gloves.

During that period (1.5 years), I took seriously bodybuilding and increased my weight to 95kg in muscle mass; where I casually trained boxing but didn't want to risk the injury.

Before my injury, I was offered a professional contract for 2 years and this is to run out at the end of October so since I fought at middleweight in amateur, in professional, I would have to fight at Super Middleweight which is 76.2kg or precisely 12 stones.

Therefore in order to meet this, I would have to lose 19kg or 3 stones over this coming summer from 1st June to 1st October.

Is this possible with the right diet and training 5-6 times a week?

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ChemCadTutGuy View Post
    Hi,

I used to be a successful amateur boxer of at a weight of 75kg or middleweight before I fractured my foot and for a while hung up the gloves.

During that period (1.5 years), I took seriously bodybuilding and increased my weight to 95kg in muscle mass; where I casually trained boxing but didn't want to risk the injury.

Before my injury, I was offered a professional contract for 2 years and this is to run out at the end of October so since I fought at middleweight in amateur, in professional, I would have to fight at Super Middleweight which is 76.2kg or precisely 12 stones.

Therefore in order to meet this, I would have to lose 19kg or 3 stones over this coming summer from 1st June to 1st October.

Is this possible with the right diet and training 5-6 times a week?
    If you are a professional boxer, you have a professional trainer. Your trainer would tell you that, as a professional, you have weigh-ins 24 hours or more prior to the bout. This means you can "sweat" 7-9kg prior to weighins and have it back by fight time. This means your weight at the end of camp has to be somewhere around 83kg. Most boxers lose a few kilos in camp. But you'd have to lose about 12. It's very doable.

Just don't use water manipulation techniques to lose weight until the week before weighins.