JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out the same muscle 2 days in a row???

loll I know your suppose to wait 48-72 hours for your muscle to heal
    but my girlfriend thinks she can works the same body part everydayyyy

can anyone post any articles or the science behind why you shouldn't do that?
    she is stubborn

Also I have a question I do chest mondays back wednesdays and shoulders thursday
    would I be able to do pushups friday? or would it somehow affect my shoulder gains?

Registered User noodlesfromhell's Avatar
    noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    48-72 after lifting HEAVY. I doubt she's lifting and giving 100% every workout. I imagine she's doing crunches or some other bullsh*t.
    The science is that muscle grows while you rest.
    getting my protein through a venflon 24/7 so i don't go catabolic crew

not gonna make it crew

JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJJustinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    she goes to the gym with me i make her work out hardd lol

noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JJJustinnn View Post
    she goes to the gym with me i make her work out hardd lol
    Well, you can tell her that recovery is the time when muscles repair and grow. Or if she doesn't listen leave her do whatever she wants and she'll learn when she gets little or no gains.

not gonna make it crew

Originally Posted by noodlesfromhell View Post
    Well, you can tell her that recovery is the time when muscles repair and grow. Or if she doesn't listen leave her do whatever she wants and she'll learn when she gets little or no gains.
    thats a good one

what about me doing shoulders on thursdays and doing pushups on fridays will that affect my shoulder gains?

Originally Posted by JJJustinnn View Post
    thats a good one

what about me doing shoulders on thursdays and doing pushups on fridays will that affect my shoulder gains?
    I doubt that it will affect it noticeably.

not gonna make it crew

Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    She shouldn't work the same muscle group if it's sore.

Most rookies think it's like uber cool to push through the pain and just keep working those movie muscles (ie abs, biceps, chest) but don't realize that they are prolonging their gains.

When you are sore it means you have torn muscle fibers and they are trying to rebuild. If you continously tear and re-tear muscle fibers without giving them proper recovery time, you actually become weaker.

If she wants to be stubborn, let her. Eventually she will see the majority of the time she spent continously working out the same muscle was wasted due to insufficient recovery time.

EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Forearms, calves and abs are the only muscles that can be worked everyday
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu l Aesthetics l Strength

CoupeFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoupeFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoupeFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoupeFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoupeFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoupeFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoupeFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoupeFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoupeFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoupeFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoupeFL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EuropeanHammer View Post
    I think everyday would still be pushing it.

Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warrenar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you are doing it properly...no.

Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, but even then that would be pushing it. Forearms, calves and abs defs can be worked the most frequently, but every day would prolly only be good with an absolutely pinpoint diet, perfect rest, drugs, and even then only with great genetics id say.

And to answer OP's questions. I would of course say no. But with that said though (this doesnt exactly apply to your gf) for advances or even intermediate bodybuilders who have severely lacking muscle groups I've read that training them 6 days in a row and then laying off them for at least a weak can have it benefits as long is it is only done 1 like every several months... if that.