chrisgardner16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

100% Whole Grain Bread or Oatmeal?

Hey everyone!

I am doing Kris Gethin's 12 week program and only about 2 weeks in. I'm starting to see some abs, but I'm trying to really get diced up. I started the program at about 12% BF around 195 lbs...

I'm running in the am on an empty stomach then coming home and eating egg whites with 100% whole grain toast... No butter, sometimes lite jam, or natural peanut butter.

In everyone's opinion, will I see more results (aka abs definition) by eating oatmeal in the morning, or does it really matter?

Thank you all for your advice and help!

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chrisgardner16 View Post
    Hey everyone!

I am doing Kris Gethin's 12 week program and only about 2 weeks in. I'm starting to see some abs, but I'm trying to really get diced up. I started the program at about 12% BF around 195 lbs...

I'm running in the am on an empty stomach then coming home and eating egg whites with 100% whole grain toast... No butter, sometimes lite jam, or natural peanut butter.

In everyone's opinion, will I see more results (aka abs definition) by eating oatmeal in the morning, or does it really matter?

Thank you all for your advice and help!
    The only thing that will get you abs is eating in a deficit, regardless of whether you eat oatmeal or poptarts in the morning whilst doing so.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

[IIFYM/Flexible Dieting Crew] - It ain't that hard dummy..

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm running in the am on an empty stomach then coming home and eating egg whites with 100% whole grain toast...
    No advantage to running on an empty stomach if you were consuming food within the last 24 hours; check my sig. Don't you like egg yolks?

No butter, sometimes lite jam, or natural peanut butter.
    Don't you like butter?

You need to understand the basics of nutrition. The one and only thing that helps you lose body fat to get to your ab definition, is a caloric deficit by the end of the day / week. No individual food or macro has anything to do with fat gain / loss on their own.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

AppleHeart will become famous soon enough. (+50) AppleHeart will become famous soon enough. (+50) AppleHeart will become famous soon enough. (+50) AppleHeart will become famous soon enough. (+50) AppleHeart will become famous soon enough. (+50) AppleHeart will become famous soon enough. (+50) AppleHeart will become famous soon enough. (+50) AppleHeart will become famous soon enough. (+50) AppleHeart will become famous soon enough. (+50) AppleHeart will become famous soon enough. (+50) AppleHeart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Like the above say,

Also is there a particular reason your following Gris 12 week workout? Because last time I checked that seemed kind of BS... Brb no progression mentionned, bro split, etc, etc, If you like it, good for you but I believe there are far better program out there...
    “When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure”

- Peter Marshall -

"No citizens has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."

- Socrates -

(1 RM)

Squat 315lbs
    Chin-up 5xBw+45lbs (15xBw)
    Dips 5xBw+55lbs (22xBw)

*Physical Therapist in the making

Thanks for the help everyone. I understand that creating a deficit is what helps you lose weight and tone up. I have that down. I'm just trying to make better choices for leaning out quicker..

@AppleHeart - I like the plan so far. I'm in great shape, and was looking for a change. Seemed to be a nice fit. I already have a good physique, but was bored of what I was doing, and a hardcore diet + something new for 12 weeks seemed fun. The goal is to get down to about 6% bf around 185 lbs.. Should be able to hit it..

@layarph - I actually do not like butter or egg yolks. Weird I know... As for advantages, it does seem that running on an empty stomach has benefits. I did that when I competed in a show about 5 years ago. I was able to see decent results.. My curiosity lies in a better choice of carbs for the morning.

So, in the end, what I am trying to do is find some better sources for my nutrition.. I eat very well currently, but was curious between the difference anyone has seen with choosing oatmeal over toast.

cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the help everyone. I understand that creating a deficit is what helps you lose weight and tone up. I have that down. I'm just trying to make better choices for leaning out quicker..

@AppleHeart - I like the plan so far. I'm in great shape, and was looking for a change. Seemed to be a nice fit. I already have a good physique, but was bored of what I was doing, and a hardcore diet + something new for 12 weeks seemed fun. The goal is to get down to about 6% bf around 185 lbs.. Should be able to hit it..

@layarph - I actually do not like butter or egg yolks. Weird I know... As for advantages, it does seem that running on an empty stomach has benefits. I did that when I competed in a show about 5 years ago. I was able to see decent results.. My curiosity lies in a better choice of carbs for the morning.

So, in the end, what I am trying to do is find some better sources for my nutrition.. I eat very well currently, but was curious between the difference anyone has seen with choosing oatmeal over toast.
    I am a fan of Sprouted Grain Bread... High Protein and High Carbs

also i eat like literally one of those mega tubs of oatmeal every 4 days it seems

WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well which do you prefer? people think eating well means you dont enjoy the food you eat. Me personally, i enjoy all the food i eat. Personally i eat wheat bread with peanut butter for breakfast and will usually have a bowl of oats with a scoop of chocolate protein powder at some point during the day

Originally Posted by cldillmann1 View Post
    I am a fan of Sprouted Grain Bread... High Protein and High Carbs

also i eat like literally one of those mega tubs of oatmeal every 4 days it seems
    I will give that a shot! Sounds tasty.
    Chris Gardner

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley

cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you can find it in the freezer section ... i like the HEB organics brand... its very hippie but I really like the taste a lot especially with Almond Butter and Honey

Originally Posted by WunSen View Post
    well which do you prefer? people think eating well means you dont enjoy the food you eat. Me personally, i enjoy all the food i eat. Personally i eat wheat bread with peanut butter for breakfast and will usually have a bowl of oats with a scoop of chocolate protein powder at some point during the day
    I agree... Most people do think it's not enjoyable.. I am an excellent cook, and actually prefer leaner, unprocessed foods. Taste's much better..

As for my diet in the am.. I enjoy my toast and peanut butter, and also love oatmeal.. Haven't tried it with a scoop of protein though, will have to check that out! Thanks for the help.
    Chris Gardner

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley

WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree... Most people do think it's not enjoyable.. I am an excellent cook, and actually prefer leaner, unprocessed foods. Taste's much better..

As for my diet in the am.. I enjoy my toast and peanut butter, and also love oatmeal.. Haven't tried it with a scoop of protein though, will have to check that out! Thanks for the help.
    No problem. I use 2 minute oats, simply add oats to the bowl, mix water/milk with the powder in my shaker, add and microwave. Wait 2 minutes and enjoy hot chocolate pudding. And personally i cant find a more tasty/satiating breakfast than whole wheat toast with peanut butter. 2 slices around 500 cals and keeps me full until lunchtime easily

1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oatmeal
    “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” - Lao Tzu

PR's=

Bench - 260 lbs
    Dead - 315 lbs
    Squat - 350 lbs
    Bicep Curl - 120 lbs
    Shoulder Press - 185 lbs

*Manlet Race*

Definitely giving it a shot! I have been wanting to try Almond Butter as well. I hear it's quite Tasty. Thanks again for the help!
    Chris Gardner

mphswitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rolled Oats with a scoop of protein powder, 1tbsp of natural peanut butter no sugar, and a piece of banana (mashed)
    Awesome breakfast!

pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is no difference, a certain food won't thin your skin, although Phil Heath may say different, but he is a moron.