Thread: Fat in pies

IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Fat in pies

just wondering, does most of the fat in pies come from the pastry itself or the fillings?
    eg. if a pie had 30g fat, 16g sat fat and i only ate the mince inside, would the fat be less than half.
    Hehe

yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    most is in the meat.
    big ben ftw
    goal-160lbs

bf 10%

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by yololego View Post
    most is in the meat.
    big ben ftw
    No it's not, it's in the pastry.

And OP, why not eat it? Easy way to get your fats in. There's nothing wrong with them.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    depends.
    most mince you buy is 10-20% fat.
    but for pies, they tend to use the cuts of meat with higher fat content that you wouldn't normaly buy in a shop. like in cheap burgers

I'm not too up on baking, but I'm pretty sure pastry uses hefty amounts of butter. and some egg, which are sources of fat.
    There is no substitute for hard work

Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fit the fats into your macros and you'll be fine. No reason to limit yourself that much. You're probably overanalyzing when you should just enjoy your pie OP.

IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Winfamy View Post
    Fit the fats into your macros and you'll be fine. No reason to limit yourself that much. You're probably overanalyzing when you should just enjoy your pie OP.
    it fits but, its just its the pies my dad brings home from work and half the time i need to heat them up and pastry is chit when soggy so no point eating it.
    Hehe

DGetsCut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IPlayRugby View Post
    it fits but, its just its the pies my dad brings home from work and half the time i need to heat them up and pastry is chit when soggy so no point eating it.
    Oh pies are good. Yup, if you can just fit them into your plan.

green(bean)machine brandibopeep's Avatar
    brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    there *is* alot of fat in the crust...I didn't realize just how much until I started baking. Look at any pie crust recipe and you'll see that the average amount of fat(butter, shortening or lard) in a pie with 2 crusts(top and bottom) is about 1 cup. 1 cup=16 Tablespoons so if you have 1/8 of the pie you are getting 2 Tablespoons of fat in the crust alone.
    In my pursuit of achieving a leaner body I've realized I was better off before calorie counting...my life was more balanced and my lifting was more enjoyable so back to living,loving & lifting I am! No more weighing...myself or my food ;)

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes most if not all the fat is in the pastry part(butter,shortening) and the inside is mostly carbs from sugar unless its some kind of cream cheese filled pie
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total