estephan1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) estephan1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) estephan1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Got a Hernia and now im done

So Im currently 160 with 3.3 bodyfat. I have been lifting pretty heavy for my size and as a result developed a hernia that i will be having surgury on this coming monday. With that said I have no idea how to go about this as far as if i should cut back my eating habbits, should i just consume glutimine and BCAA'S? Plus I will not be able to lift upper or lower body for at least 4-6 weeks so Im out a solid month. all i can think to do is push ups. anyone got any suggestions?

Amphibious Green Phaggot GodMadeDirt's Avatar
    GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by estephan1992 View Post
    So Im currently 160 with 3.3 bodyfat. I have been lifting pretty heavy for my size and as a result developed a hernia that i will be having surgury on this coming monday. With that said I have no idea how to go about this as far as if i should cut back my eating habbits, should i just consume glutimine and BCAA'S? Plus I will not be able to lift upper or lower body for at least 4-6 weeks so Im out a solid month. all i can think to do is push ups. anyone got any suggestions?
    LMOA at 3% BF you'll do good with some time off. I'like how you've got your bodyfat down to tenths of a percentage.

Cookiedude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cookiedude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cookiedude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cookiedude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cookiedude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cookiedude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cookiedude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cookiedude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cookiedude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cookiedude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cookiedude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you sure you're 3.3% at 160? If so dam you must be jacked.

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by estephan1992 View Post
    So Im currently 160 with 3.3 bodyfat.
    Sure thing pal. People really have no idea how to some-what accurately come up with their body fat % figure. It's like they just pick a number out of the air and then that's what it is. That being said, OP use the search, it has been discussed many times over.
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, pushups are probably not the best idea after a hernia op.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

JBorcheck is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBorcheck is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBorcheck is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBorcheck is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBorcheck is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBorcheck is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBorcheck is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBorcheck is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBorcheck is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBorcheck is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBorcheck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I went through the same thing but I'm a bigger guy and put on weight(fat). Easily. Well needless to say I didn't watch what I ate for that time and blew up to almost 240. Heaviest I've ever been. So just take it easy and let it heal. I had mesh put in me and the dr said 4-6 weeks. Buy it's all about pain management. He said in 2 weeks u might feel ok enough to do light work. It's just all about ur pain threshold. But listen to ur dr first.

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lol at carrying 3% for extended time. Right.

Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    How does one even develop a hernia?

estephan1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) estephan1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) estephan1992 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you can get hernias in a number of places. Mine came in the lower part of my groin. The dr said its from to much stress and pressure from lifting. The stress got put on my adominal wall and with constant stress and weight always being put on it the wall tore. So the best way to prevent it is proper form always and knowing when to rest.

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hernias like that usually show that you have/had a genetic weakness in the abdominal wall. I had a hernia about 10 years ago and had it well before I started lifting. So lifting in itself didnt cause your hernia, but rather you were genetically predisposition to get one and weight training ( could have been really anything that stressed the abdominal wall) just exploited that weakness. really nothing you could do to prevent, besides from just sitting around doing nothing.

But I dont know maybe it's different for someone at 3.3% body fat, lol
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer