Closed Thread
    Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100)

Is it possible to squat atg and totally stop butt wink

So I since my injury I have been working my back hard and been stretching my hams. I am now able to touch my toes lol. I've been doing some box squats as far as I could go without butt wink. I asked this guy who has been powerlifting for years how my depth was. He said it was a little higher than they would allow at ipf comps. So we lowered it 2 inches and I could feel my butt wink.

Any tips on what I can do? I think my last injury was caused by butt wink and I'm scared to constantly go atg and have it happen again. Should I just train at my current depth and just go atg at tournaments?

LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you squat high bar or low bar?

Doofy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doofy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doofy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doofy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doofy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doofy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doofy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doofy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doofy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doofy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doofy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

i would say so

Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500) Szarko is not very helpful. (-500)
    There are many things that can be done to correct and better mobility.

But the way you titled your post leads me to believe you may lack the intellect to comprehend some very, very basic concepts.

Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100) Kbarredo is not very well liked. (-100)
    I do low bar squats. I've watched lots of rippetoe's vids and lots are just at parallel. I can fully do the third world squat.

Originally Posted by Szarko View Post
    There are many things that can be done to correct and better mobility.

But the way you titled your post leads me to believe you may lack the intellect to comprehend some very, very basic concepts.
    Or you could not be a dbag. I've read some of rippetoes comments about squatting atg and he says it causes your lower back to relax and collapse aka butt wink.
    You must be an intelligent man insulting someone who speaks english as a second language about how he worded his title. How many do you speak?

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    there's no such thing as ATG, stop using it as a definitive term.

yes people can perform a full squat without butt wink.

if you're doing low bar you won't be able to.

he's responding to your propensity to make idiotic threads.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    there's no such thing as ATG, stop using it as a definitive term.

yes people can perform a full squat without butt wink.

if you're doing low bar you won't be able to.

he's responding to your propensity to make idiotic threads.
    This is exactly what I was looking for. Everyone here says go low bar so I switched over. So basically I should have stayed at high bar?

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Kbarredo View Post
    This is exactly what I was looking for. Everyone here says go low bar so I switched over. So basically I should have stayed at high bar?
    ...............what the living hell are you talking about? how do you get that from what I said?

Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    ...............what the living hell are you talking about? how do you get that from what I said?
    Didn't you say "If you're going low bar you won't be able to"? In IPF you must go past parallel and they are the most stringent about this rule (of course you already knew that). I've heard that many people have been denied their attempts because they apparently weren't low enough. I'm trying to get as low as possible without my butt winking at low bar squats to prevent future injury. So I revert back to your post, if I want to squat without butt wink past parallel I should go to high bar because according to your post "If you're going low bar you won't be able to".

You don't have to squat high bar to squat below parallel. You are conflating below parallel depth with a full squat commonly referred by the incorrect and annoying term "ATG". Bar positioning, squat style and stance width control to a degree the depth you can achieve while maintaining back angle.

Low bar position can attain below parallel depth with ease assuming one is flexible or mobile enough to do so. You clearly aren't because you squat high and/or try to do a full squat by losing your back angle/allowing your hips to tuck under.

/thread