teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up nervousness bad for bodybuilding?

hey, you know sometimes you get nervous.

Like if you are going to meet someone from the internet, you would get nervous because you dont really know what to expect.

is that bad for bodybuilding, cuz i get nervous a lot.
    but i can stop it aswell by not getting into those kinda situations.

I know stress messes up yr gains, does nervousness?!?!

My hands are cold (cuz im nervous)
    lol

Davey M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dont know whether the stress levels affect gains but i can imagine that you can use lifting to help your anxiety. When your hitting the weights hard you cant be worrying about other stuff. I reckon physical activities help get rid of pent up stuff; catharsis i think. For eg, i stopped playing rugby for a while and i swear i felt less relaxed, as if my body and mind missed the physical and mental blowout that it gave me.

Sorry man, this doesent directly answer your question but dont worry about the downsides of it. Use it.
    Good luck

I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation ...

i'd say anxiety will affect your gains indirectly by affecting your ability to work to your full potential...

do you just have general anxiety attacks? are you nervous due to other people in the weight room?

concentrate on developing some kind of tunnel vision when you're lifting so that you're focusing on JUST lifting. If you can't and are generally anxious/nervous I'd find out about gettin some meds..i used to have the same thing about 2 years ago and I got some **** that turned it all around...now iam just angry a lot
    I.K

teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lol
    nice replies

more peoples please

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lifting helps eliminate stress

MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, when I took just 5 days off because of my shoulder I couldn't sit still and do my homework and I was freaking out about my 15 and 5 page essays I have due. When I'm walking to the gym I visualize all my stress and I picture it turning into energy to fuel my workout, like throwing coal on the fire on a steam engine. When I'm walking home I feel like a buddhist monk, relaxed and enlightened.

Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking haha

'I'm walking home I feel like a buddhist monk, relaxed and enlightened'

haha this made me crack up.dont ask why but i know what you mean.Its like being on a high. I believe being nervous and anxious to be a good thing. When you are its possible to get adrenaline running and then you can really go nutz.Thats why i think being scared of something before lifting is a good thing.

wow, thanks again for the replies.
    very helpful

anymore or thats it?