Page 38 of 266 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 7977
    44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just recently applied to nursing school, I'm going to just go the associates route for now, I have a 4.0 gpa so I should get in. I already have a Bachelors degree in business so do you brahs think I should worry about getting my BSN? I'm just going through a community college route because its much cheaper and closer to where I live. Any advice I would appreciate, thanks!

Registered User JustKeepDriving's Avatar
    JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 44jt44 View Post
    I just recently applied to nursing school, I'm going to just go the associates route for now, I have a 4.0 gpa so I should get in. I already have a Bachelors degree in business so do you brahs think I should worry about getting my BSN? I'm just going through a community college route because its much cheaper and closer to where I live. Any advice I would appreciate, thanks!
    You're way out there in Eastern Washington right? I'm not sure how the work situation is out East; but a lot of hospitals in Western Washington and Oregon have a strong preference for BSN. It's easy enough to bridge from ASN to BSN from what I've heard. I'm sure that one of the WSU's have a very affordable bridge. The problem with it might come in when you graduate from the ASN because although you'll be a registered nurse after passing the NCLEX a lot of employers won't hire because no BSN. So you might have a period of time without work while doing your bridge.

If you already have a degree I would suggest looking into Accelerated BSN programs. Sadly; they are not very affordable, the pace is difficult and they're hard to get into - but the payoff is you can get your bachelors degree in 11 months - 18 months. I finished my last two nursing prerequisites in Seattle and was looking at schools in the area but got accepted at University of Miami's ABSN before I even got started on their applications. For accelerated BSN Programs there is University of Washington; Oregon Health and Science University; Linfield college of Nursing; and Idaho State University.

You could also go the Traditional route and apply to a University; and because you already have Bachelor's degree you would enter in the upper division and only take the nursing courses. It would probably be more cost effective than the accelerated programs and would take about the same amount of time as the associates degree. Plus more schools in Washington offer traditional BSN - WSU Tri-Cities and Spokane; I believe were the most affordable.

44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000) 44jt44 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JustKeepDriving View Post
    You're way out there in Eastern Washington right? I'm not sure how the work situation is out East; but a lot of hospitals in Western Washington and Oregon have a strong preference for BSN. It's easy enough to bridge from ASN to BSN from what I've heard. I'm sure that one of the WSU's have a very affordable bridge. The problem with it might come in when you graduate from the ASN because although you'll be a registered nurse after passing the NCLEX a lot of employers won't hire because no BSN. So you might have a period of time without work while doing your bridge.

If you already have a degree I would suggest looking into Accelerated BSN programs. Sadly; they are not very affordable, the pace is difficult and they're hard to get into - but the payoff is you can get your bachelors degree in 11 months - 18 months. I finished my last two nursing prerequisites in Seattle and was looking at schools in the area but got accepted at University of Miami's ABSN before I even got started on their applications. For accelerated BSN Programs there is University of Washington; Oregon Health and Science University; Linfield college of Nursing; and Idaho State University.

You could also go the Traditional route and apply to a University; and because you already have Bachelor's degree you would enter in the upper division and only take the nursing courses. It would probably be more cost effective than the accelerated programs and would take about the same amount of time as the associates degree. Plus more schools in Washington offer traditional BSN - WSU Tri-Cities and Spokane; I believe were the most affordable.
    Thanks for the info! I'm from western Wa. but I like the east side so much better.. Are you off to Florida then? I would love to do the accelerated program but from a cost standpoint I'm trying to maximize my investment lol. I may just do an rn to BSN program once I finish or I may go on to get a masters in healthcare administration, I really want to work on the insurance side of things and I feel getting some hands on experience as an RN will be a good start.

JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustKeepDriving has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 44jt44 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I'm from western Wa. but I like the east side so much better.. Are you off to Florida then? I would love to do the accelerated program but from a cost standpoint I'm trying to maximize my investment lol. I may just do an rn to BSN program once I finish or I may go on to get a masters in healthcare administration, I really want to work on the insurance side of things and I feel getting some hands on experience as an RN will be a good start.
    Ha ha, actually just graduated from University of Miami's ABSN. Drove to Oregon from Miami in December and wrote the NCLEX in March. The license was finally posted today. Yay!! Now to find work.

Yeah, the costs for many of the ABSN's are hard to choke down. University of Miami as a Private school actually cost less than OHSU as a public one.

I would definitely recommend doing an RN-BSN program bridge. One of my professors at the University of Miami did a dual MSN-MBA and the money/opportunity in that area is very good. Here's an example of such a program: http://www.nursing.virginia.edu/programs/msnmba/

I hope you get your acceptance letter soon and wish you luck in your program!

leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't get caught up in the BSN hype. If you have a bachelors of Science you will be ok as far as finding work/ moving up.

Myself. Bachelor of Science in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, did my RN licence the fastest route possible (<2 years ) since they took all of my credits. Went straight to nursing classes.

Get it done, you will find work. Focus on NCLEX and learning all you can in Clinicals.

LetMeBang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetMeBang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetMeBang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetMeBang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetMeBang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetMeBang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetMeBang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetMeBang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetMeBang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetMeBang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetMeBang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by leoaa777 View Post
    Don't get caught up in the BSN hype. If you have a bachelors of Science you will be ok as far as finding work/ moving up.

Myself. Bachelor of Science in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, did my RN licence the fastest route possible (<2 years ) since they took all of my credits. Went straight to nursing classes.

Get it done, you will find work. Focus on NCLEX and learning all you can in Clinicals.
    In major cities, BSN is required. I'm in ADN program, but i will be applying for BSN after.

What does everyone think about the new healthcare reform next year? How will it affect RN's?
    I know docs with their own practice will be hit hard financially. What about RN's?

leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leoaa777 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LetMeBang View Post
    In major cities, BSN is required. I'm in ADN program, but i will be applying for BSN after.

What does everyone think about the new healthcare reform next year? How will it affect RN's?
    I know docs with their own practice will be hit hard financially. What about RN's?
    I'm in Miami, Fl. It's that a major city? Some places will not hire someone with just an associates, that's true. However, if you have a higher degree it doesn't hold you back whatsoever.

It's a great field, so many paths. Good luck in your studies.

YeahBuddyyyyy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeahBuddyyyyy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeahBuddyyyyy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeahBuddyyyyy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeahBuddyyyyy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeahBuddyyyyy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeahBuddyyyyy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeahBuddyyyyy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeahBuddyyyyy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeahBuddyyyyy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeahBuddyyyyy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Friday night and got invited to 2 events. One house party and one birthday celebration in Hoboken

Guess where I am...at home making pharmacology flashcards

Originally Posted by leoaa777 View Post
    I'm in Miami, Fl. It's that a major city? Some places will not hire someone with just an associates, that's true. However, if you have a higher degree it doesn't hold you back whatsoever.

It's a great field, so many paths. Good luck in your studies.
    I did my degree at University of Miami. The employment situation actually is a lot better out there than it is out here on the west coast. Most of my friends got positions at Jackson and UMH shortly after graduation and I know a lot of the nurses I worked with during my clinical rotations had ADN from Miami Dade. Sadly, the west coast isn't that golden for work right now. Oregon, Washington and Cali... Most of my friends that moved back here after graduation are still looking for work with BSN. The new grad programs/residencies out here are only looking at BSN, heck even long term care specifies BSN with 2+ years experience.

I kick myself sometimes for not staying out there.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JustKeepDriving View Post
    Ha ha, I disliked my maternity class with the burning passion of 1,000 suns. I did well in it because I had no life. What is going to be covered on your exam? If you would like I can see what I have in my notes and post them on my skydrive.
    cardiology, birth at risk, fetal risk assessment, muscular and neuro,
    FML
    They dont pinpoint what to study on at all as far as specifics.... they changed it from last semester
    Originally Posted by YeahBuddyyyyy View Post
    Friday night and got invited to 2 events. One house party and one birthday celebration in Hoboken

Guess where I am...at home making pharmacology flashcards
    YeahBuddyyyyy!!!

edmforlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edmforlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edmforlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edmforlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edmforlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edmforlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edmforlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edmforlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edmforlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edmforlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edmforlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you guys think yalls pharmacology cards are tough then damn you guys have it easy lol
    one love<3

rep back 400+

★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2013 Thread Crew Nd EDC 2013★★★

misc pharmacist , feel free to pm me with any questions

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by edmforlife View Post
    if you guys think yalls pharmacology cards are tough then damn you guys have it easy lol
    This is also my weakness lol, any tips on memorizing all of these meds?
    RN/Healthcare Crew - FGC Crew

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by edmforlife View Post
    How are you gonna vaguely tell me I have a very serious illness and then not PM me back brah
    Fyi nothing showed up on a brain activity scan and a brain MRI.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Voidofhope View Post
    How are you gonna vaguely tell me I have a very serious illness and then not PM me back brah
    Cause he is a good nurse

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah I remember you posting your SNS's, how are you doing? Still having those symptoms? How are the test results?

If you dont mind lol.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Have any of you RN brahs gotten tired dem Phillipina nurses trying to husband you up and support their family back home? semi-srs question

Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500) Voidofhope is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by .:Chris:. View Post
    Yeah I remember you posting your SNS's, how are you doing? Still having those symptoms? How are the test results?

If you dont mind lol.
    No problem, I don't mind at all.
    I have an ****** 10mg prescription to help me sleep and all of the symptoms are gone. The tests were inconclusive since nothing showed up and my neurologist said it may be sleep related though not all the symptoms fit. I'm assuming this means it was sleep related since I feel fine now but she did mention she's never seen anything like this before.
    Edm's last PM was "I think you may have something very serious, I'm mailing a surgeon I know about your case" or something like that so I'm curious lol.

Either way I feel great now but I'm not sure what'll happen if I run out of ****** since I doubt I'll get another prescription anytime soon at my age.
    I have a few hundred Melatonin 3mg pills but they only really have an effect at 9mg and even then it barely helps. They help enough to the point where I don't feel like a zombie and I won't be riding my bicycle off the road all the time but still it's not exactly a great state of mind.

Ahh interesting. How do you feel with melatonin, does it make you drowsy at night? And how is the quality of your sleep with melatonin? Nursing program definitely hits hard with my sleep schedule...7am clinical and my lectures are later in the day on different days starting at 4pm-9pm. My clinical sites are far too so I have to leave like an hour early.
    Last edited by .:Chris:.; 04-06-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Excessive urination rt ******** intake aeb going to restroom a lot

Excessive flatulence rt stimulated gi tract along with high protein intake aeb atomic farts

I hate how open these bathrooms are

Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    Excessive urination rt ******** intake aeb going to restroom a lot

Excessive flatulence rt stimulated gi tract along with high protein intake aeb atomic farts

I hate how open these bathrooms are
    Lol'd I know those feels. For some reason I get ADHD like symptoms on test days and need to take my ahem meds..and clinicals..my GI seems to be hyperactive..only around my clinical instructor and pre/post conference. Fuuuu

My clinical instructor drills us and sometimes I'm like a deer in headlight. I think it got to me where it affects me during pre/post conference.

Stress is def a big factor lol. Was never like this before.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Ahh interesting. How do you feel with melatonin, does it make you drowsy at night? And how is the quality of your sleep with melatonin? Nursing program definitely hits hard with my sleep schedule...7am clinical and my lectures are later in the day on different days starting at 4pm. My clinical sites are far too so I have to leave like an hour early.
    Melatonin should be very helpful for you. Basically it just makes you feel a bit sleepy.
    Drowsiness seems to be a common side effect but I've yet to experience any side effects from it besides my throat being a bit dry in the morning.
    Basically you start feeling a bit sleepy, for me this only occurs at a dose of 9mg but 3mg should be enough for the average person to feel pretty sleepy.
    It's very harmless so I'd definitely recommend it in order to keep your sleep schedule in check.

Melatonin should be very helpful for you. Basically it just makes you feel a bit sleepy.
    Drowsiness seems to be a common side effect but I've yet to experience any side effects from it besides my throat being a bit dry in the morning.
    Basically you start feeling a bit sleepy, for me this only occurs at a dose of 9mg but 3mg should be enough for the average person to feel pretty sleepy.
    It's very harmless so I'd definitely recommend it in order to keep your sleep schedule in check.
    Will definitely try it out. Thanks man.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Lol'd I know those feels. For some reason I get ADHD like symptoms on test days and need to take my ahem meds..and clinicals..my GI seems to be hyperactive..only around my clinical instructor and pre/post conference. Fuuuu

My clinical instructor drills us and sometimes I'm like a deer in headlight. I think it got to me where it affects me during pre/post conference.

Stress is def a big factor lol. Was never like this before.
    Its not the stress. Its the ********

Some clinical psychologist is saying that heart disease is a mental problem along with most cancers...

Some clinical psychologist is saying that heart disease is a mental problem along with most cancers...
    I've never actually heard of either being considered a 'mental disorder'. All I've really learned is that there can be am emotional component- which if recognized early enough - can help with prevention, but that is about it. The correlations are so multi-factorial. Seriously, ever discipline has a different idea about causation. When you look at the epidemiology (not my favorite class ever lol) all one can really draw is correlations.

I did a behavioral health class during my first degree and from what I remember the psychology perspective of heart disease had to do with emotions and the effect they played on the sympathetic nervous system. There is a correlation between individuals that have stress & anger problems and heart disease. Basically it's like anger affects the sympathetic nervous system; which causes activation of alpha and beta receptors in the blood vessels which then leads to quick vasoconstriction and then once the anger is over quick vasodilation. The theory is that over time the numerous episodes of the vasoconstriction and vasodialation cause micro tears in the vessels. Cholesterol and other fats get into these microtears and eventually the buildup causes the arteries to narrow leading to atherosclerosis and heart disease.

I took the class 2 years ago so I apologize if my explanation is vague; I don't really remember it extremely well.

DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ER/ICU Float RN checking in. Going on year 4 of nursing, ASN degree. Lovin' it!

Currently at the crossroads of either BSN>ARNP route or premed>Med school route. Quite a spread, I know. Still unsure.

Glad to see there's a few of us here!

Registered User South Side Stev's Avatar
    South Side Stev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) South Side Stev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) South Side Stev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) South Side Stev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) South Side Stev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) South Side Stev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) South Side Stev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) South Side Stev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) South Side Stev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) South Side Stev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) South Side Stev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DamianBlane View Post

Currently at the crossroads of either BSN>ARNP route or premed>Med school route. Quite a spread, I know. Still unsure.
    Depends on if you want to practice nursing or medicine.
    I don't gang bang, ho, I just gang bang these hoes.

DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the whole medical/pharmaceutical field is very iffy. prescribe this, prescribe that. Even with doctors and nurses suggest drugs to correct problems that should have been fixed with diet and exercise.

prescribing antibiotics for acne when it has nothing to do with bacteria. There are too many things being thrown out like candy
    norco, anti-hypertensives, statins. Most of these people should have eaten less and get their cholesterol, weight, pain under control, rather than utilizing drugs all the time they should fix the underlying cause.

Most of the healthcare professionals will agree. While pain control is an important thing perioperatively many of these become a routine rather than temporary treatment rather than a permanent fix.

While there are some medical conditions that must be treated with drugs. There are some that can avoid the use of drugs which can be hard on the system

I am not talking about pharmacists in general. I am talking about the industry and drug administration to patients.

But technically pharmacists are license drug dealers
    BIG Faurkin +1!!! Take this, take that, and if they even do talk about nutrition/exercise it's always some BS about walking/light exercise several days a week (no real exertion) and make DAMN sure you eat low-fat and high-carb diets. Backwards. That'll keep you sick.

Originally Posted by DamianBlane View Post
    BIG Faurkin +1!!! Take this, take that, and if they even do talk about nutrition/exercise it's always some BS about walking/light exercise several days a week (no real exertion) and make DAMN sure you eat low-fat and high-carb diets. Backwards. That'll keep you sick.
    Maybe the older people. The stuff we learn is pretty up to date. Worst thing I heard was weight lifting doesnt help cardiovascular health.

Recently they found that it raises hdl levels which overall helps your heart.

The other intervention for heart disease starts with exercise and increasing monounsat fats.
    Which was abig suprise they said that. They also said dietary cholesterol doesnt affect your levels due to autoregulation from your liver....

Medical on the other hand...d

Apparently the labor and delivery nurses said I should be an ob. I just held a baby for the first time today

Page 38 of 266 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast