destroyer432 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No burn in chest while doing pushups, what is the problem?

Im a TOTAL beginner. Okay so while doing pushups I get only a burn in my arms, not really in my chest. I just started doin the push ups as part of my workout routine. I have been doing only 4 sets right now. I am a heavy guy, not fat, but tall and thick so I can only do about 10 pushups on the knees. I don't really think my form is wrong. I have my hands a shoulder width apart and they are below my breast (because I have really long upper arms). My forearms are straight up and down. I don't think my elbows are too far in. They are a little less then 45 degrees from the side of my body. I believe the reason I get no chest burn is because my arms are not as developed as my chest yet. When get to my 4th set though I do get a feeling of tightness, pressure, and a feeling like a burn is about to come. Idk what do you guys think?

Team MuscleTech Rep MuscleTechMarc's Avatar
    MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try arching your back slightly and flex the chest as you push away from the floor.
    If your just starting out your arms will naturally want to absorb all of the force.
    As you improve and start to develop the chest, you will learn to use less arms and more chest muscle and then your strength should go up too!

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're obviously not doing enough pushups. After you start to feel the burn in your arms do another 100 pushups.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.