Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100)

Unhappy How to fix muscle imbalance?

I have a muscle imbalance on my glutes. my right glute is bigger than the left. This happened when i was using dumbells with too much weight, bad form, and using the right side more than the left. ive swithed to one leg- legged presses but now i feel im not seeing anymore progress and I'm afraid to increase the weight because i want to grow my left glute (letting it catch up) while i maintain the right side so any ideas on how to go about this?
    Basically I'm just asking how to grow the left side while I maintain the right in the process

first year of bodybuilding . ive been implementing these things to my daily routine.

-training the weak/smaller side first
    -using unilateral exercises
    -let the weak side dictate what you do on the right
    -adding a little bit more volume on the left (sets & reps) but not too much to where i overtrain it
    -and basically just doing enough to maintain the right in the process
    eating 5 meals a day, on a surplus of calories, and meeting all my macros something Ive just started to do.
    please help me fix this dilemma because I'm about 4-5 months into this and the frustration is at a all time high!

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's uncommon to have a noticeable glute imbalance. Are you sure it's actually an issue?

When performing leg movements, are you pushing evenly?
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by egyptianboy View Post
    I have a muscle imbalance on my glutes. my right glute is bigger than the left. This happened when i was using dumbells with too much weight, bad form, and using the right side more than the left. ive swithed to one leg- legged presses but now i feel im not seeing anymore progress and I'm afraid to increase the weight because i want to grow my left glute (letting it catch up) while i maintain the right side so any ideas on how to go about this?
    Basically I'm just asking how to grow the left side while I maintain the right in the process

first year of bodybuilding . ive been implementing these things to my daily routine.

-adding a little bit more volume on the left (sets & reps) but not too much to where i overtrain it
    eating 5 meals a day, on a surplus of calories, and meeting all my macros something Ive just started to do.
    please help me fix this dilemma because I'm about 4-5 months into this and the frustration is at a all time high!
    Seems to me like if you keep your squat, deadlift/straight-legged deadlift at whatever weight/reps that you are doing now for a month (?) or so, that maybe your glutes would balance out more? My reasoning is that with the weight you are lifting right now your right glute is providing more power than your left, but if you keep the weight where it's at, you will stop overloading the right glute, but your left one will still be overloaded since it is weaker and not capable of lifting as much weight. I don't know if this would work, but it makes sense in my head. If it is something you are REALLY worried about, maybe after the first month you can add 10-15lbs or whatever you are capable of progressing, and stay at that weight for another month.

Again, I have no idea if this would actually work, but it makes sense in my head. I'm sure someone will come in screaming and shouting if I am completely off base.

egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by PriceySocks View Post
    Seems to me like if you keep your squat, deadlift/straight-legged deadlift at whatever weight/reps that you are doing now for a month (?) or so, that maybe your glutes would balance out more? My reasoning is that with the weight you are lifting right now your right glute is providing more power than your left, but if you keep the weight where it's at, you will stop overloading the right glute, but your left one will still be overloaded since it is weaker and not capable of lifting as much weight. I don't know if this would work, but it makes sense in my head. If it is something you are REALLY worried about, maybe after the first month you can add 10-15lbs or whatever you are capable of progressing, and stay at that weight for another month.

Again, I have no idea if this would actually work, but it makes sense in my head. I'm sure someone will come in screaming and shouting if I am completely off base.
    Do you think i should increase the weight then or not?? I feel if increase it both will obviouslly grow but im not doing that due to the fact i want to maintain the right, please share this question i really need help .

asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    im dealing with the same problem basically all over my left side right now...umake sure you are pushing evenly, just focus on driving with both heels every rep.. What the above poster said is basically what im doing..dont increase weight until you feel that your other leg has caught up or your just going to further the imbalance because your stronger leg will keep taking over that extra weight. My left arm and leg have been growing for the past few months since i started lifting again and nothing on my right side has moved an inch..it just takes time.

i can tell sometimes after a leg day that my right side has alot more soreness then my left and all that means to me is that i was pushing harder with my right..pisses me off just make sure your not doing more than your weak side can handle.

just do as many single leg exercises as possible. there are some single leg glute exercises, just google it

Originally Posted by asdf89 View Post
    im dealing with the same problem basically all over my left side right now...umake sure you are pushing evenly, just focus on driving with both heels every rep.. What the above poster said is basically what im doing..dont increase weight until you feel that your other leg has caught up or your just going to further the imbalance because your stronger leg will keep taking over that extra weight. My left arm and leg have been growing for the past few months since i started lifting again and nothing on my right side has moved an inch..it just takes time.

i can tell sometimes after a leg day that my right side has alot more soreness then my left and all that means to me is that i was pushing harder with my right..pisses me off just make sure your not doing more than your weak side can handle.

just do as many single leg exercises as possible. there are some single leg glute exercises, just google it
    Im mostly sticking to the one legged-leg press because i find i can use the best form and contract the muscle best while using one side at a time.
    to be honest I'm kind of paranoid about whether to increase the weight or not.therefore ive applied other progressive muscle overload techniques; such as less rest time, increasing intensity, more volume, everything besides increasing the weight. im afraid though my progress has really stalled and this about my 5th month into the process. im using 15-20 reps as well with a good amount of weight. do you or anyone else have any tips or thoughts on increasing the weight in general because i feel i can't do this on my own, and even a trainer didn't help me enough so i made better progress on my own learning everything and applying it. please help me i feel my body isn't complete with out this

PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you think i should increase the weight then or not?? I feel if increase it both will obviouslly grow but im not doing that due to the fact i want to maintain the right, please share this question i really need help .
    I would not increase the weight. If one muscle is truly underdeveloped, then keeping the weight will stop growth in the larger muscle and give the smaller one a chance to catch up

I would not increase the weight. If one muscle is truly underdeveloped, then keeping the weight will stop growth in the larger muscle and give the smaller one a chance to catch up
    should i keep the same weight then even though i can complete all my reps? and when should i consider increasing the weight and by how much?
    each week i don't wanna be doing the same exact number of reps for the same amount of sets if i can complete them all see what im saying.
    i feel i have to use progressive muscle overload at least to a slight degree to force the muscle to adapt therefore grow, so any ideas on how to continuously make muscle gains specifically there? btw i feel strength is the same to a degree size difference not. also what rep ranges would you recommend me? im using 15-20 and have seen good gains before i saw it slow down in gains,when i got my muscle imbalance i was using 8-12.
    Last edited by egyptianboy; 08-23-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: add more stuff

asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    bro its gonna take time...do bugarian split squats. some single leg exercises here http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ve_never_tried

Its going to take months to correct a significant imbalance...my left tricep was torn and i quit lifting after that. I took a year off and came back. 3 months ago i literally started out doing tricep extensions with a 5lb dumbbell... kickbacks with a 5lb dumbbell and it was actually giving me a workout...now i'm doing the extensions with a 15lb and doing drop sets with 20...my uninjured side is still not challenged one iota...takes time.
    Last edited by asdf89; 08-23-2012 at 09:17 PM.

should i keep the same weight then even though i can complete all my reps? and when should i consider increasing the weight and by how much?
    each week i don't wanna be doing the same exact number of reps for the same amount of sets if i can complete them all see what im saying.
    i feel i have to use progressive muscle overload at least to a slight degree to force the muscle to adapt therefore grow, so any ideas on how to continuously make muscle gains specifically there? btw i feel strength is the same to a degree size difference not. also what rep ranges would you recommend me? im using 15-20 and have seen good gains before i saw it slow down in gains,when i got my muscle imbalance i was using 8-12.
    Keep the weight the same, keep the reps the same. If you add weight then your dominant side will grow, if you keep the weight the same your weak side will still grow if you are using proper form. This is because if your right glute can get that big by doing that weight, then so can your other one. If you add weight, both will grow.

bro its gonna take time...do bugarian split squats. some single leg exercises here http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ve_never_tried

Its going to take months to correct a significant imbalance...my left tricep was torn and i quit lifting after that. I took a year off and came back. 3 months ago i literally started out doing tricep extensions with a 5lb dumbbell... kickbacks with a 5lb dumbbell and it was actually giving me a workout...now i'm doing the extensions with a 15lb and doing drop sets with 20...my uninjured side is still not challenged one iota...takes time.
    3 months and you only progressed 10 lbs? If you start with 5 lbs you should be making crazy gains (think newb gains)

3 months and you only progressed 10 lbs? If you start with 5 lbs you should be making crazy gains (think newb gains)

Well I must mention that almost half of my tricrps was actually removed...youve obviously never torn a tendon or muscle. its not like taking a break for a few months and you get your strength back immediately in a few weeks or months. No noob gains or muscle memory when your muscle has actually been removed heh.
    Last edited by asdf89; 08-24-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Well I must mention that almost half of my tricrps was actually removed...youve obviously never torn a tendon or muscle. its not like taking a break for a few months and you get your strength back immediately in a few weeks or months. No noob gains or muscle memory when your muscle has actually been removed heh.
    seriously guys what do you suggest I do? i don't want this year to end and then me still having this. i think i put in some serious time and patience into it doing everything i can, anymore advice you have for me specifically training wise? I honestly think many would of quit by now that's why im here asking to actually learn some more.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    If you've made no progress towards resolving your problem in that length of time, you may have some underlying medical issue. You should talk to your doc about getting a referral to a qualified physical therapist.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Fair enough, lol.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    If you've made no progress towards resolving your problem in that length of time, you may have some underlying medical issue. You should talk to your doc about getting a referral to a qualified physical therapist.
    first of all im open to new ideas. and that's the first thing i did when i went i noticed this was go to the doctor. he said i had nothing wrong with me and looked at me all weird for asking such a thing and going through the trouble.
    also i have made progress i never said i didn't . instead of talking about this I'd rather learn some real stuff from a bodybuilder who has fixed such a muscle imbalance, gone through one, how to better it even slightly more.
    im just asking pretty much ''any ideas?'' reps, sets, etc. of course not over complicating sh*t though.

I'm open to sharing what im currently doing right now as my routine to fix it, im already eating a surplus of calories,getting great sleep,keeping the workout short and effective, at this point im at desperate mode and will do whatever it takes but obviouslly being smart about it as possible and not being impatient as hell but as i repeated multiple times i am kind of impatient and i have to use progressive muscle over load in some way to force the muscle to adapt and therefore keep growing even if it means not increasing the weight so any thoughts/ideas?
    And as a side note i felt one leg-legged presses have helped me tremendously in balancing my glute out, i would try one leg squats but it felt uncomfortable and i can't use good enough form nor much weight even at all.
    Last edited by egyptianboy; 08-25-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Keep the weight the same, keep the reps the same. If you add weight then your dominant side will grow, if you keep the weight the same your weak side will still grow if you are using proper form. This is because if your right glute can get that big by doing that weight, then so can your other one. If you add weight, both will grow.
    so do you recommend i keep doing the same amount of reps with the same weight until the left glute pretty much is developed enough to move on?
    I have noticed it grow while i maintain the right, and of course paranoid if i were to increase the weight i would mess up all my slow progress and have to re do some things which would be a complete night mare. so you could say the decisions i make i over think a lot on this cause i can't afford to make a mistake to what knowledge i apply.

delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10)

if i had that problem i would do deep squats if you are not already..... awesome for the arse =D

Originally Posted by delusive View Post
    if i had that problem i would do deep squats if you are not already..... awesome for the arse =D
    im using more unilateral exerises though. i tried deep squats. the right side still got more stimulation darnit
    does any mother fu8ker on this site know how to fix anything??? im all hands for applying it but im not learning much
    look im sorry but i have to figure out what ima do this monday cause i dont wanna feel like im wasting my time
    so anyone have some good constructive criticism?
    here's my glute routine (along with legs after, but im prioritizing the glute)
    im doing 2 sets on the right
    2 sets on the left (smaller side)
    with 2 extra working sets on the left for more volume and ive seen thats helped me.
    but for the past couple many weeks i been doing the same thing and i dont know if wether to continue that or change something any thoughts please? and im using 15-20 reps with good weight to fit it.
    i just wanna know how to continue to grow my left glute while i maintain the right and keep making progress like that.
    i wanna know before i hit the gym monday again fellas.
    Last edited by egyptianboy; 08-25-2012 at 05:43 PM.

could you at least recommend me which progressive muscle overload technique to pick from?
    u know increasing weight, decrease rest time, increase intensity, more volume,
    i really dont know if i should increase the weight that's what im stuck on cause if i increase the weight and my left glute is still underdeveloped it's just gonna get worst. please reply quick my workout is monday lol, i posted my routine on here.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    what rep scheme would you recommend for me? im using 15-20. and if im doing the same reps week to week what should i change to keep gaining muscle on my glute. obviosully with a lot of mind muscle connection. i will love you bros forever no homo for a good reply, help a teen out man . also idk what do to an extent because if i keep increasing the weight my right glute will always be ahead in size see what im saying
    Last edited by egyptianboy; 08-25-2012 at 10:45 PM.

if i keep increasing the weight my right glute will always be ahead in size see what im saying
    you answered your own question...and why not listen to my advice? someone who is going through this on their whole left side?

if you do unilateral exercises it will even out eventually. Either that or you have an imbalance somewhere in your body that is causing THIS imbalance and it needs to be corrected

you answered your own question...and why not listen to my advice? someone who is going through this on their whole left side?

if you do unilateral exercises it will even out eventually. Either that or you have an imbalance somewhere in your body that is causing THIS imbalance and it needs to be corrected
    but with the same reps? is it even possible to continue to get results like that without changing much stuff and just developing it more cause it doesn't sound right

abdullahlabib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3 steps:
    1) stick to the single leg excercises, and try to do high reps to build that muscle-mind connection
    2) after 2 months, if no results, get a deep massage
    3) continue excercise, if no results, get to the doc. And ask for an x-ray to check if everything is in place

Finally, did you have a previous injury in that place ??

abdullahlabib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And do not increase reps or weight if u did not feel the right side.
    Example: if doing single leg press machine:
    Start like this;
    10 reps with a specific weight to failure with left leg
    10 reps with the same weight for the right leg (but do not exceed more than 10 reps even if u didn't feel it - coz this is normal "the right is stronger than the left" )

Originally Posted by abdullahlabib View Post
    Start like this;
    10 reps with the same weight for the right leg (but do not exceed more than 10 reps even if u didn't feel it - coz this is normal "the right is stronger than the left" )
    great tips / my left side is the smaller side. when do u think i should increase the weight then if at all. or do i just not do that?
    cause doing the same thing i will plateau if i didn't already.

Start like this;
    should i keep the 15-20 reps or change my rep scheme to 10-12? again that goes with increasing weight which is a mind **** situation on maintaining my right glute

Start like this;
    please reply man. i feel i have platued almost copletely from what im doing in my routine. i was thinking of lowering my rep scheme from 15-20 to 8-12?
    but then again if i have to use the same weight on both sides wont my right glute always be ahead in the growth?

should i change the rep scheme from 15-20 reps to 8-12. i know for sure that wil shock it. the only **** is that would also grow the right which is going backwards from my goals . so i feel anything with that goes with increasing the weight right now is a no for that reason ?

magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    fair