Closed Thread
Page 127 of 333 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 9967
    DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lumocolor View Post
    then why is it called a test day?
    Because its a test day. If you complete the reps = a pass and you increase the weight. If you don't complte the reps = a fail and you keep the same weight.

HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just lift the weights and stop being a *******.

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Bummer , had cortisone injection in shoulder cant lift for a week. I guess i can use dumbbell on other arm.

I just did 10 rep light day yesterday . Where do I start next week? Repeat 10 rep week or regress more ?

hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So well be doing 8 reps x 2 sets each right?
    Because in the first post it says 4 sets x 8/9/10/11/12

Anyways, what if I can't complete the full 8 reps? Should I start the week over until I'm able to do the full 8 reps?

lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DeltaCharlie75 View Post
    Because its a test day. If you complete the reps = a pass and you increase the weight. If you don't complte the reps = a fail and you keep the same weight.
    Thank you for the clarification.

steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hard2name View Post
    So well be doing 8 reps x 2 sets each right?
    Because in the first post it says 4 sets x 8/9/10/11/12

Anyways, what if I can't complete the full 8 reps? Should I start the week over until I'm able to do the full 8 reps?
    Week one you do 8 reps, week 2 you do 9 reps, week 3 10 reps and so on up to 12 reps.

You do 2 warm up sets and 2 work sets for the first 3 exercises and then just the 2 work sets for the remaining exercises.

If you cant complete 8 reps on your first week you calculated your 10 rep max incorrectly and I would suggest retesting, then start again.

redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Because if you complete 12 reps at (increasing from 11 in week 4) you pass! And move on to next level, increase of 10%
    LBS - BF Date Comment
    185.2- 23.8% 02/01/2012<started cardio/ate better
    175.4- 19.9% 04/04/2012<added weights 2/w
    168.6- 18.6% 09/04/2012<added extra day. Now 3/w weights
    166.6- 18.5% 10/02/2012<started IF w/Cal deficit and BCAA's+FastedTrain
    165.4- 18.0% 10/09/2012<started All pro - Simple Beginner's
    159.2- 16.4% 11/01/2012<dexa scan at 18.3%
    140.4- 12.9% 02/21/2013
    137.5- 9.9% 03/01/2013 <dexa scan at 6.7%!
    155- 12.0% 07/07/2013<slowbulk/recomp/maint?

mrpike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I did all my reps yesterday at the heavy weight except for bench, so I guess I have to do it again next week. Sad face.

FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DeltaCharlie75 View Post
    Tweaked my back on heavy day over a week ago. Rested for the rest of the week and felt better by Sunday. Decided to do some light stretching in preparation for lifting heavy on the Monday and pulled it again, a lot worse this time. Had to miss a few days of work through being practically immobile other than walking about like Quasimodo.

Having spent a few too many days at the computer at work recently and after doing a bit of research I have realised my posture is terrible and is probably the main factor in my back problems. I found an eight week posture correction program on t-nation called "Neanderthal no more " that still involves lifting weights. Going to do some light rehab over the next few days and then start that program and hopefully sort my **** out so I can return to this program and bring a few of the techniques with me. Fingers crossed, back with you all in eight weeks time.
    Ouch. That sucks. Take care of the problem first, then worry about lifting. Hope it's a speedy recovery.

As others have said.

The 5th week of each cycle ( 12 reps ) is your test day. Any lifts you are able to complete all 12 reps on both work sets, you pass that lift and you raise the weight for any passed lifts by 10%.

Any lifts that you are not able to get all 12 reps for both work sets , you fail those lifts and will use the same weight again for the next cycle.

So, there will be times when you will be upping the weight for some exercises and keeping the same weight for another cycle on others.

After your week 5 test day ( heavy day) you still do your medium and light days as normal to complete that cycle.

Originally Posted by mrpike View Post
    Well I did all my reps yesterday at the heavy weight except for bench, so I guess I have to do it again next week. Sad face.
    Yep. You will use the same weight for your BP for the next cycle. No biggie. It happens. Just make sure you blow through it next test day.
    There is no expiration date on being healthy.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    Bummer , had cortisone injection in shoulder cant lift for a week. I guess i can use dumbbell on other arm.

I just did 10 rep light day yesterday . Where do I start next week? Repeat 10 rep week or regress more ?
    Depends, how did your heavy day go if you struggled might consider repeating it? Personally I would take the week off and then continue on with the 11 rep week.

belblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi guys,

I've started my 2nd cycle this week (light day tomorrow) and i'm really loving it and feel myself progressing in strength and body composition. However, on january 2nd (just after test day of cycle 2) i will need to take a 3-4 week break because of some stupid surgery (i'm having a melanoma removed from between my shoulder blades and i won't be allowed to do any kind of activity for several weeks)

So:
    1) how can I make sure not to lose any muscle during the layoff (if this is at all possible). Is just eating right (with focus on healty proteins and to lesser extent carbs) enough ?

2) what should i do after i start again ? It will obviously depend on my test day of the 2nd cycle (day before surgery) but say I pass some and fail some... A 3/4 week layoff will probably have an impact on my strength ? Maybe do a shorter repeat of the 2nd cycle or ... ?

suggestions welcome
    check post #2361 on page 79 in the A Simple Beginner's Routine part III - thread for my easy-to-use spreadsheet

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by belblade View Post
    hi guys,

I've started my 2nd cycle this week (light day tomorrow) and i'm really loving it and feel myself progressing in strength and body composition. However, on january 2nd (just after test day of cycle 2) i will need to take a 3-4 week break because of some stupid surgery (i'm having a melanoma removed from between my shoulder blades and i won't be allowed to do any kind of activity for several weeks)

So:
    1) how can I make sure not to lose any muscle during the layoff (if this is at all possible). Is just eating right (with focus on healty proteins and to lesser extent carbs) enough ?

2) what should i do after i start again ? It will obviously depend on my test day of the 2nd cycle (day before surgery) but say I pass some and fail some... A 3/4 week layoff will probably have an impact on my strength ? Maybe do a shorter repeat of the 2nd cycle or ... ?

suggestions welcome
    Eat at a small calorie surplus to ensure you are getting sufficient energy to help repair the surgery. Make sure you meet the min requirements for protein, fat and vitamins/minerals etc.

As to the training, you will lose some strength but not a lot over a 4 week period. You will prob be stronger than you were at the start of cycle 2 but weaker than at the end. I would either try starting a new cycle with a little increase in the weight that you started cycle two with, prob no more than 5% or just repeat cycle 2 to test your injury and ease yourself back in.

Just remember its a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck with your recovery!

WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey guys, I am on my fourth week of the first cycle. So far I have been using 12kg for both of my warm-up sets even when the weight for my warm-up is lighter than 12kg. This is because the lightest dumbells in the free weights section of my gym only go up to 12kg (6kgx2). I recently discovered that the gym has lighter weights (4kg, 2kgx2), but they are on a different floor. If I was to use them I would have to keep going from floor-to-floor. I am okay with this, but my friend does not want to do this and thinks that using 12kg for both warm-ups is "fine" even though I know that it will make the heavy day on the 5th week (deciding day for the next cycle) hell. Should I just keep using 12kg for both warm-ups even though it is heavier than what I should be using?

nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WFKA View Post
    Hey guys, I am on my fourth week of the first cycle. So far I have been using 12kg for both of my warm-up sets even when the weight for my warm-up is lighter than 12kg. This is because the lightest dumbells in the free weights section of my gym only go up to 12kg (6kgx2). I recently discovered that the gym has lighter weights (4kg, 2kgx2), but they are on a different floor. If I was to use them I would have to keep going from floor-to-floor. I am okay with this, but my friend does not want to do this and thinks that using 12kg for both warm-ups is "fine" even though I know that it will make the heavy day on the 5th week (deciding day for the next cycle) hell. Should I just keep using 12kg for both warm-ups even though it is heavier than what I should be using?
    What exercise do you want to use less than 12kg for?

smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CharvelSoCal View Post
    Hey All -

So I did Cycle 3 - Week 4 Heavy Day yesterday. Everything is going well - except for the last endurance rep on the bench. Any tips/suggestions (as this has been a somewhat recurring event)? I am currently bulking (since late August), and have been eating plenty of food.

Here are my numbers: 5'5" - 116 Lbs

(1) Squats - 105
    (2) Bench - 115
    (3) Bent Over Rows - 105
    (4) Overhead Press - 55
    (5) Stiff Legged Deadlift - 115
    (6) Barbell Curls - 50
    (7) Calf Raises - 135
    I'd be *really* careful with you bench press, because of how low your OP is. You're asking for a shoulder injury if your ratio is out of whack like that. I was in the same boat, and it finally caught up to me. It made me reexamine my bench press form, which was not good. I was using way too much arm / shoulder because I wasn't pinching my shoulders back correctly and using my legs to keep my back arched a bit. Once I did that, I magically felt the exercise working my chest correctly, and not stressing my shoulder.

Chipper4prez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 3 months removed from a Micro Discectomy of the L5. My doc has said I can get in the gym but to go light which is fine since I am a beginner. I cant load weight on the spine so common squats are out. He suggested hack squats ( which he said were old school) or dumbbell squats. My only question in getting into this routine is about Stiff-Legged Deadlifts. How are these going to be on the low back? Something maybe I should just try with the bar and see how it is or just something I might consider skipping until I am farther along on my recovery?

Any guys with back problems have an opinion or advice? For some reason I asked my doc all these questions and forgot to ask about the deadlifts... anyway .. thanks guys!

CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by smitty67 View Post
    I'd be *really* careful with you bench press, because of how low your OP is. You're asking for a shoulder injury if your ratio is out of whack like that. I was in the same boat, and it finally caught up to me. It made me reexamine my bench press form, which was not good. I was using way too much arm / shoulder because I wasn't pinching my shoulders back correctly and using my legs to keep my back arched a bit. Once I did that, I magically felt the exercise working my chest correctly, and not stressing my shoulder.
    What would you recommend then? (FYI - I failed both bench and OHP last cycle and am repeating the weight this cycle).

darkknight74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

http://www.weightrainer.net/training/beginners.html

I was thinking of beginning all-pros routine, however I found another program which I think is the original version of this program at this website, and is written by someone quite knowledgeable. Which program should I do? The link is in the title as I can't post links as my post count is under 50.

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Just did my 4th week of cycle 1 . 11 Reps complete for most exercises .

So far increased my bicep curl by 55.6% . Last week I almost failed to curl 10 reps , this week I increased weight 10 pounds and did 11 reps . But on second set failed and only managed 8 reps .

So Im lifting a weight in 4 weeks that wouldve taken me 8 cycles to complete if I stuck to the program wouldve taken me 40 weeks .

Im guessing I will stall eventually in which I will need to stick harder to the program tho right ?

alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    And cycle 1 is officially in the books!!!

Cycle 2 starts on Monday
    Trample the weak...Conquer the strong...Hurdle the dead

Former 400+ Guy

Current Program: Cycle 4 of AllPro's beginner routine

Dec 1st - Mar 1st Transformation Participant

Starting Weight - 393.2 lbs (Dec 1st)
    Current Weight - 351.6 lbs (Feb 24th)
    ----------------------------------
    Total Weight Loss - 41.6 lbs

Ending Goal Weight: 340.0 lbs
    Ending Weight: ???

snirisl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a question.

My gym's membership is very expensive and I wondered If I can go do the workout 4 times a week instead of 3.
    when im going only 3 times a week I feel like im wasting my money.

goformickey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

When is the best time to rest

I searched through the FAQ and a few pages but I couldn't find the answer so I thought it was worth a post.

Since you're doing 3 working days a week on non consecutive days, one of the rests is going to be 2 days long right? I'm just wondering if it's best to take that 2 day break after your heavy day, giving muscles more time to heal, or taking it after your lightest day, giving you more time to rest and be in shape for the heavy day?

I know it sounds nit picky and AP's is meant to be simple and you could take that rest when ever I guess, but is there a best time?

Bonus: Is it normal to not have slightly achey muscles after the heavy day? So far I haven't been aching really, but I'm getting 1-2reps off failure, I can't tell if this is normal because we're only hitting each main muscle group with 2 sets with high frequency in a very progressive way, or if maybe I'm a little lacking energy/runned down atm and aren't able to push out as much as my muscles can take.

goformickey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by snirisl View Post
    I have a question.

My gym's membership is very expensive and I wondered If I can go do the workout 4 times a week instead of 3.
    This routine is what stopped me from getting an expensive gym membership since it's all done with a barbell, and I had a benchpress and a barbell my dad got me when i was younger, which works great as a squat rack too.
    You could go buy a benchpress with barbell and weights for the price of 2, maybe 3 months gym membership and have it forever.

Alternatively, go in on your cardio/ab days, then you're going in like 5 days. You pay for gym for your results, unless you go to one of those really social gyms you pick up girls at, so I wouldn't work out more than is optimal just to get better value.

Hope that helped a bit.

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    2 weeks left to end the first cycle and then I can finally pump up the weights. Worried about bench press though, I have no spotter in case of failure.
    fuark

So far increased my bicep curl by 55.6% . Last week I almost failed to curl 10 reps , this week I increased weight 10 pounds and did 11 reps . But on second set failed and only managed 8 reps .

So Im lifting a weight in 4 weeks that wouldve taken me 8 cycles to complete if I stuck to the program wouldve taken me 40 weeks .

Im guessing I will stall eventually in which I will need to stick harder to the program tho right ?
    If you increased the weight by 55.6% over four weeks then you did not work out your 10 rpm properly. So no, you haven't done in 4 weeks what would have taken you 40 and 55.5% is more like 25 weeks than 40. If you had you would be some kind of genetic freak but seeing as it's only curls that have increased that would mean your freaky genes are limited to your biceps.
    Last edited by DeltaCharlie75; 12-08-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Originally Posted by goformickey View Post
    I searched through the FAQ and a few pages but I couldn't find the answer so I thought it was worth a post.

Since you're doing 3 working days a week on non consecutive days, one of the rests is going to be 2 days long right? I'm just wondering if it's best to take that 2 day break after your heavy day, giving muscles more time to heal, or taking it after your lightest day, giving you more time to rest and be in shape for the heavy day?

I know it sounds nit picky and AP's is meant to be simple and you could take that rest when ever I guess, but is there a best time?

Bonus: Is it normal to not have slightly achey muscles after the heavy day? So far I haven't been aching really, but I'm getting 1-2reps off failure, I can't tell if this is normal because we're only hitting each main muscle group with 2 sets with high frequency in a very progressive way, or if maybe I'm a little lacking energy/runned down atm and aren't able to push out as much as my muscles can take.
    It's a seven day program with the rest days provided in the program:
    Day 1 heavy
    Day 2 rest
    Day 3 med
    Day 4 rest
    Day 5 light
    Day 6 and 7 rest

Don't worry about sore muscles, not everyone suffers from doms.

CPOner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CPOner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CPOner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CPOner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CPOner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CPOner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CPOner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CPOner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CPOner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CPOner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CPOner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

you are going to stall very quickly and will be cheating yourself out of progress... the entire point of this program is to keep you progressing as long as possible and build a solid foundation to move on to more advanced programs with that base

you should ONLY be increasing the weight after the entire 5 week cycle is complete... you will stall far sooner increasing the weight mid cycle

follow the program! test your 10rm and be patient... believe me, the program will get challenging if you let it work... you are already failing reps on your first cycle! (only 8 reps on your second set)... you are setting yourself up to fail on test day and will have to repeat the weight again... if not this cycle, next cycle

there is no quick way to build muscle and gain strength... you are only cheating yourself out of gains by trying to rush the program (noob gains only happen once... take advantage of them)

Originally Posted by snirisl View Post
    I have a question.

you cant do this program 4 days a week... if you feel that strong about the gym thing maybe you can do abs and cardio on the other day... but your muscles need recovery... im on cycle 5, and believe me... there is ZERO chance of me trying to do a 4th day... it gets tough!

Originally Posted by goformickey View Post

when you get to later cycles and the weights get heavy you will see why you need the 2 days of rest before a heavy day... as far as rest after the heavy day goes, you might be a little sore, but since the weights are lowered on medium day you can work through it without problem... dont get me wrong, medium days get tough a few cycles in... and with that said, i only got really sore the first few weeks of the program... later in the program i get sore after heavy days, but its minor compared to the initial soreness

but there is zero chance i could complete heavy days without that added 2nd day of rest

smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If you're increasing the weights during the cycle, you're doing it wrong... You only increase your weight if you pass all reps on both sets on *test* day (week 5, day 1). For example, if you started out C1W1 doing 50 lb curls, you'd use that weight for all first day workouts for 5 weeks (day 2 and 3 would be 10% and 20% less, of course). If you get all 12 reps on both sets on Week 5, you'd bump up the weight to 55 for Cycle 2. otherwise you'd stick with 50 for the next cycle also. Remember, the first cycle is generally easy, especially in the first 3 weeks or so, but keep to the program, otherwise you'll stall out much faster or just hurt yourself.

Originally Posted by CharvelSoCal View Post
    What would you recommend then? (FYI - I failed both bench and OHP last cycle and am repeating the weight this cycle).
    This is just me, but after making sure your bench press form is perfect, I'd advance bench press at a slower rate than overhead press, until it gets into the proper ratio (OP should be around 60 to 65% of BP, generally).

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

So 2 days after saying you can't lift for a week because of a cortisone shot in the shoulder you did your 11 rep session anyway? Oh, and you INCREASED the weight on curls in mid cycle and FAILED. You must be intent on sabotaging yourself.

First of all don't brag that it only took you 4 weeks to raise your curling weight in what would've taken you 8 cycles to achieve, unless of course you are INCREDIBLY gifted. It's more likely that you've miscalculated your 10RM. Secondly, if you ARE blessed with amazing recuperative ability you are wasting your time with a beginner's program.
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Closed Thread
Page 127 of 333 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 ... LastLast