Closed Thread
Page 203 of 333 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 303 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,090 of 9967
    aboodi123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a beginner my current weight is 70kg, I can bench 45kgs for 10 reps, squat 55 kgs for 10 reps max
    I like the program, however I feel like 3 days a week are not enough, I have a lot of free time and I can workout 6 days a week
    been thinking to follow a 5 day training split (chest tris, back bis , legs , shoulders and on fifth day abs and a weaker bodypart)
    my main goal is to gain mass and get in shape (max 80kgs with 9-10% bf is where I want to be)

based on my goals, should I follow this program or do the 5 day training split ?

any advice is much appreciated.

Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by aboodi123 View Post
    I am a beginner my current weight is 70kg, I can bench 45kgs for 10 reps, squat 55 kgs for 10 reps max
    I like the program, however I feel like 3 days a week are not enough, I have a lot of free time and I can workout 6 days a week
    been thinking to follow a 5 day training split (chest tris, back bis , legs , shoulders and on fifth day abs and a weaker bodypart)
    my main goal is to gain mass and get in shape (max 80kgs with 9-10% bf is where I want to be)

based on my goals, should I follow this program or do the 5 day training split ?

you should follow this programme
    2013 Goals - mm lift more eat more

chrisbnz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quick question regarding this routine:

Would it be detrimental in any way to add rear delt flyes to the end of the workout? I know All Pro advised against adding exercises, at least until after the first couple of cycles, but he did also say you could add pulldowns at the end if you have any energy left.

My main reason for wanting to add this is for posture reasons, also the fronts and sides seem to get worked more in this routine, leaving the rears neglected. I could row them for Bent-Over Row, but I row towards my waist and not towards my chest.

Would this stuff me up in any way?

(Just reposted this from the last page, since my question was at the very end and got missed)

how bad do you want it? mikeallen52's Avatar
    mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Squats 10rm - 135lbs
    Bench 10rm - 155lbs
    BOR 10rm - 110lbs
    OHP 10rm - 110lbs
    SLDL 10rm - 65lbs
    BB Curls 10rm - 60lbs
    Calf Raises 10rm - 65lbs

Those are my 10rm. I probably could've done 5 or so more pounds on each, but I want perfect form. Any suggestions for calf raises? I'm in a very ****ty gym in Afghanistan, and the best I could was throw a bar over my shoulders and do them off a little ledge.

Doing my heavy day tomorrow. Last question, we only do 2 working sets for all the exercises? (Besides the warm ups for squats, bench, and rows).

Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Starting Cycle 2 Week 1 Day 1 today!!!!
    Lifts from 1st cycle to 2nd cycle

Squat: 225 to 245
    Bench Press: 135 to 150 (My weak point)
    Bent over Row: 130 to 140
    Press: 85 to 95
    Stiff Leg DL: 150 to 180 (150 was way too easy so bumped up 20%)
    BB Curl: 80 to 90
    Calf Raise: 135 to 150 and may go up more.

Can't wait to hit the gym today!!

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chrisbnz View Post

Would it be detrimental in any way to add rear delt flyes to the end of the workout? I know All Pro advised against adding exercises, at least until after the first couple of cycles, but he did also say you could add pulldowns at the end if you have any energy left.

My main reason for wanting to add this is for posture reasons, also the fronts and sides seem to get worked more in this routine, leaving the rears neglected. I could row them for Bent-Over Row, but I row towards my waist and not towards my chest.

(Just reposted this from the last page, since my question was at the very end and got missed)
    A couple of sets will be fine. If its for posture then I would swap them about with bicep curls, and do the curls last and the rear flies before calfs.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mikeallen52 View Post
    Squats 10rm - 135lbs
    Bench 10rm - 155lbs
    BOR 10rm - 110lbs
    OHP 10rm - 110lbs
    SLDL 10rm - 65lbs
    BB Curls 10rm - 60lbs
    Calf Raises 10rm - 65lbs

Those are my 10rm. I probably could've done 5 or so more pounds on each, but I want perfect form. Any suggestions for calf raises? I'm in a very ****ty gym in Afghanistan, and the best I could was throw a bar over my shoulders and do them off a little ledge.

Doing my heavy day tomorrow. Last question, we only do 2 working sets for all the exercises? (Besides the warm ups for squats, bench, and rows).
    You could use barbell plates as a step or do it on a flat surface. I do mine on a flat surface because my gym doesn't have a step and there is a limited number of barbell plates.

MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yesterday I did my first heavy day, Cycle 1 of this program. It was really great. Today is my off day. I will go workout my abs today but I'm a little confused about the cardio portion. I was thinking of either doing 45-60 minutes of LISS (walking in my neighbourhood, quite a few hills, with a 20 lb. weighted vest) or HIIT (15 minutes of jump rope). I've done HIIT in the past but I'm worried that if I continue this way, with the heavier weights I just started lifting, I might not be allowing my leg muscles to properly recover. Any input?

mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mikeallen52 View Post
    Yep, 2 sets per exercise, 2 warmup sets for the first 3. Remember you can do warmups for any other lift if you feel like, but it is not a must do.

blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

wider grip on BOR will hit your rear delts iirc

mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mln86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If you HAVE to add it for medical/posture reasons ("work your rear delts, Doc said" thing), then by all means do it at the end of the workout and for 1 set, as Allpro designed.

If you THINK you should hit then directly, stick with the program as it is for at least 2 cycles (c'mon, it is only 10 weeks), then, if you still feel like your rear delts are "lacking behind", add the lift as Allpro designed: end of workout, 1 set.

how bad do you want it? mikeallen52's Avatar
    mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by WFKA View Post
    You could use barbell plates as a step or do it on a flat surface. I do mine on a flat surface because my gym doesn't have a step and there is a limited number of barbell plates.
    Cool, thanks for the help. My 10rm for calf raises might be a bit more than 65lbs then. I'll be checking in after day 1 tomorrow.

Personal Best: 18 miles runningregime's Avatar
    runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Cycle 1 Week 5 heavy day today. 12 reps were kinda hard on deadlift, benchpress and bicep curls.
    Start cycle 2 next week, probably going to increase the weight on squats, bench, dead and bent over row. OHP will be too heavy if I increase it since the minimum plate in my gym is 2.5kg. I'm amazed at my standing calf raises though.
    It's just bodybuilding... y u heff to be mad?

Bulking on Candito Linear Program (Strength/Hypertrophy).

1RM Deadlift - 130kg
    5RM Squat - 110kg
    5RM Bench - 90kg (with spot)

mcguinn33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was told about this workout on Saturday and I haven't been in the gym in a couple of months. Cycle 1 Day 1 was pretty awesome. I'm definitely feeling it in my legs right now. I can't wait to see what this program will do for me! Looks like it's pretty popular.

Personal Best: 18 miles runningregime's Avatar
    runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by aboodi123 View Post

Your a beginner like most of the people in this thread. So yes, this program does suit your needs. Focus on your diet more than how many days a week you can train. You need the rest days, the program was made keeping them in mind so why modify it? Try it out for at least 4-5 cycles, that's 25 weeks.
    It's just bodybuilding... y u heff to be mad?

Bulking on Candito Linear Program (Strength/Hypertrophy).

1RM Deadlift - 130kg
    5RM Squat - 110kg
    5RM Bench - 90kg (with spot)

Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Passed all my lifts on my week 5 Heavy Day..... cycle 2 here I come! Loving this program so far.

Best advice to all the people worrying about this, that or the other: Just get under the bar and lift with good form. What you eat will determine the rest......

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)

It is recommend to wait until you finished 3 cycles because that will allow you to get used to the routine. Other than that it is fine. I plan on adding them as well after this week.

Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cycle 2 Week 4 Heavy day; Not happy today, not happy at all. Failed on last rep of second work set of bench (probably because I don't have a spot). In my annoyance I ended up doing OHP before BB row, failed on second set of OHP, only made it to 6 reps. FML

This is my 3rd week cutting on intermittent fasting, Training in a fasted state. Could this be causing the failures? I mean I breezed through the first cycle, no failures, but this is really pissing me off

Quzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quzah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Started this today and workout 1 felt good. Looking forward to doing this for several cycles. Now, I just have to get my diet in check.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up."
    - Vince Lombardi

The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it."
    - Wayne Gretzky

PSN: tnerb_

kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Did this program for about 6 months to start my lifting, its been like a year and a half now (was just running the big man on campus). Should I maybe revisit this? The first time I did it I didn't listen to the decreasing weights as the week goes on. Would it make that much of a difference? Right now I'm around 165, can bench 205x2, squat 275x8 and deadlift 225x10

MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKrzywicki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MikeKrzywicki View Post
    Yesterday I did my first heavy day, Cycle 1 of this program. It was really great. Today is my off day. I will go workout my abs today but I'm a little confused about the cardio portion. I was thinking of either doing 45-60 minutes of LISS (walking in my neighbourhood, quite a few hills, with a 20 lb. weighted vest) or HIIT (15 minutes of jump rope). I've done HIIT in the past but I'm worried that if I continue this way, with the heavier weights I just started lifting, I might not be allowing my leg muscles to properly recover. Any input?
    bump

lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Question, can anyone help me with a problem I've been having;
    Whenever I bench press, one arm is stable, the other arm gets all shaky, any ideas how I can fix this?

HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jimmer74 View Post
    Passed all my lifts on my week 5 Heavy Day..... cycle 2 here I come! Loving this program so far.

Best advice to all the people worrying about this, that or the other: Just get under the bar and lift with good form. What you eat will determine the rest......
    Are you really 5'7" 144?

mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lumocolor View Post
    Question, can anyone help me with a problem I've been having;
    Whenever I bench press, one arm is stable, the other arm gets all shaky, any ideas how I can fix this?
    try to add dumbbell incline bp to your routine, do it with low weights for a few weeks and see if that helps

CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends on what your goal is (bulking or cutting). Here's a decent article: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html

mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bump
    I'm pretty sure you will have enough time to recover. But if you worried too much, wait for couple cycles before adding a cardio.

lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mistrvi View Post
    try to add dumbbell incline bp to your routine, do it with low weights for a few weeks and see if that helps
    So switch out regular bench press for incline dumbbell bench press?

So switch out regular bench press for incline dumbbell bench press?
    no, just add it at the end of the workout. What is your barbell bench weight on heavy day?

Originally Posted by mistrvi View Post
    no, just add it at the end of the workout. What is your barbell bench weight on heavy day?
    Well I was figuring out my 10 rep max's earlier. I was doing 65lbs and my arm was shaky so I'm just gonna go with 50 with good form.

Well I was figuring out my 10 rep max's earlier. I was doing 65lbs and my arm was shaky so I'm just gonna go with 50 with good form.
    it will get better in couple weeks, i didn't know you just started. Disregard my advice on adding db bp.

Closed Thread
Page 203 of 333 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 303 ... LastLast