Closed Thread
Page 306 of 333 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,180 of 9967
    Registered User PerfectCreature's Avatar
    PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FitnessFan76 View Post
    Damn, 'Medium' day properly kicked my arse today. Felt good. Couple of drop dead gorgeous 'cardio bunny' types in the weights area as well, they sure brightened the place up.
    I always feel as if the medium day is harder then the hard day....dunno why.
    We have a few 'squat bunnies'; as you call them. They generally always have perfect form, and do not lift for muscle up, yet guys who lift 5-10x more then them have the most awful form I have ever seen. Odd how that works.

bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    still sore from monday, did medium today with a little struggle only on the OHP.

Scarfather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarfather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarfather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarfather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarfather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been lifting for the past 3 months, but started this routine last week. On my heavy days I'm lifting 90lbs for bench press and squats, 70lbs for deadlifts and rows. 50lbs on overhead press.

Is this good enough?

I initially focused more on isolation routines and actually noticed growth on my arms, shoulders and chest. For some reason I felt that I was getting a better workout before doing this routine.

I'm 5'10" and weight is 185. I'm not fat, but muscles are not too visible. I'd say I'm average but with excess fat in my chest and lower abdomen.

Any advice?

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PerfectCreature View Post
    I always feel as if the medium day is harder then the hard day....dunno why.
    We have a few 'squat bunnies'; as you call them. They generally always have perfect form, and do not lift for muscle up, yet guys who lift 5-10x more then them have the most awful form I have ever seen. Odd how that works.
    Funny you mention that - one of the girls was doing light front squats, and I've never seen such perfect... ahem... form (what did you think I was going to say?)
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FitnessFan76 View Post
    Funny you mention that - one of the girls was doing light front squats, and I've never seen such perfect... ahem... form (what did you think I was going to say?)
    "Excuse me miss, would you like to try box squats?... 'Box' is what I call my face"

New gym pickup line maybe?

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
    "Excuse me miss, would you like to try box squats?... 'Box' is what I call my face"

New gym pickup line maybe?
    Ha ha ha!
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Scarfather View Post
    I've been lifting for the past 3 months, but started this routine last week. On my heavy days I'm lifting 90lbs for bench press and squats, 70lbs for deadlifts and rows. 50lbs on overhead press.

Is this good enough?

I initially focused more on isolation routines and actually noticed growth on my arms, shoulders and chest. For some reason I felt that I was getting a better workout before doing this routine.

I'm 5'10" and weight is 185. I'm not fat, but muscles are not too visible. I'd say I'm average but with excess fat in my chest and lower abdomen.

Any advice?
    If those are your 10 rep max numbers that is fine, it varies by individual and will increase with time. You are only two weeks in it seems easy wait until you are doing your 11 and 12 rep weeks. The routine works but you gotta stick with it.

Scarfather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarfather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarfather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarfather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarfather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by clarkecm View Post
    If those are your 10 rep max numbers that is fine, it varies by individual and will increase with time. You are only two weeks in it seems easy wait until you are doing your 11 and 12 rep weeks. The routine works but you gotta stick with it.
    On bench I can barely make it to 8 reps with 90lbs. I thought that maybe after 3 months of lifting I would be able to do a bench of more than 90lbs

clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On bench I can barely make it to 8 reps with 90lbs. I thought that maybe after 3 months of lifting I would be able to do a bench of more than 90lbs
    Tell you what after 3 months on this program and eating right you will be able to bench more than 90 lbs.

ItsIndiana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsIndiana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsIndiana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsIndiana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsIndiana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The link for question three is broken. Any tips for a replacement source?

PhoenixBeard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello! I've just recently discovered this thread and am going to attempt this routine very soon. I just noticed in the FAQ section though that the links in questions 2 and 3 seem to be broken, can anyone suggest another thread for these please? Thanks!

ItsIndiana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsIndiana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsIndiana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsIndiana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsIndiana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PhoenixBeard View Post
    Hello! I've just recently discovered this thread and am going to attempt this routine very soon. I just noticed in the FAQ section though that the links in questions 2 and 3 seem to be broken, can anyone suggest another thread for these please? Thanks!
    Found out if you go to page one and click on the links to the older threads the FAQ links will work.

pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by banjoman23 View Post
    It's doable bro. Cycle 6, solid gains, and I run marathons.

What do you mean by "weren't recovering"? Sore all the time? Bear in mind that going from no biking to that kind of volume is going to be tough even if you didn't add in strength training. Maybe your body's not used to that level of aerobic activity yet, and needs some time.

Or if you meant muscle recovery, i.e. legs not gaining muscle, I've read a bunch of studies on mixed training.
    1) Muscles adapt morphologically toward fast or slow twitch based on your level of strength/endurance training. In the context of mixed training, they get pulled both ways, so fast twitch adaptations are present but not as high. YOU DO STILL GAIN MUSCLE, but not at the optimal rate.
    2) This only occurs in the muscles affected by mixed training. So the legs, if biking or running. Don't listen to anyone who tells you that biking affects your bench.

Eat like a horse and sleep well.

I have had sore legs/pottyflop while I was doing SS back in Canada, but this was different. I was actually regressing on my squats and started taking twice as long to get to work. But I think your last line might have some real merit. Now that I think about it, I havent been eating right since I got to Germany because I cant read a goddam thing at the grocery store.

Originally Posted by PerfectCreature View Post
    Did you try lowering your weights any?
    Are you taking any supplements?
    Certain suppliments like BCAAs and Creatine can aid in your recovery times.
    Might be something to look into.
    I have tried lowering weights but I only have experience with protein. I think I'll pick up some creatine and a metric ton of pasta.

Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pacer90 View Post
    I have had sore legs/pottyflop while I was doing SS back in Canada, but this was different. I was actually regressing on my squats and started taking twice as long to get to work. But I think your last line might have some real merit. Now that I think about it, I havent been eating right since I got to Germany because I cant read a goddam thing at the grocery store.

I have tried lowering weights but I only have experience with protein. I think I'll pick up some creatine and a metric ton of pasta.
    I wouldn't cut exercises/lower weight. You sound like you need to eat more! You'll only recover from this level of sustained activity if you put enough in the tank, so to speak.

Make sure you're getting adequate carbs (the pasta's a great idea for this, btw). I would also drink a protein shake after you wake and one before you sleep. Finally, creatine's a great idea, but it takes a few weeks (somewhere between 2-4) before it reaches saturation in your muscles (depends on the amounts you take) and really starts making a difference - so don't give up on it if it doesn't seem to be having an effect straight away.

Make sure you're getting adequate sleep too - you really need it for your body to bounce back for the next workout.

Chumpalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jimmer74 View Post
    I wouldn't cut exercises/lower weight. You sound like you need to eat more! You'll only recover from this level of sustained activity if you put enough in the tank, so to speak.

Make sure you're getting adequate carbs (the pasta's a great idea for this, btw). I would also drink a protein shake after you wake and one before you sleep. Finally, creatine's a great idea, but it takes a few weeks (somewhere between 2-4) before it reaches saturation in your muscles (depends on the amounts you take) and really starts making a difference - so don't give up on it if it doesn't seem to be having an effect straight away.

Make sure you're getting adequate sleep too - you really need it for your body to bounce back for the next workout.
    Great advice as always Jimmer.

I'm completely excited for Monday, test day. I know I've started off light but it's still going to be a test. As of this week I've been lifting above my 10RM which has given me confidence and the will to give this program plenty of time.

Can't wait!
    Bulking on AllPro Beginners - Feeling good!
    Up next: C3W1D3

pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pacer90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jimmer74 View Post

Thanks for the advice but especially the creatine tip, I would probably have written it off if I didnt see any effects by 3 weeks.

OscarTX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi everyone, I've been lurking on this routine for a few weeks and I finally decided to make account.... I just finished doing P90X about a month ago and I'm looking to do something to and more muscle. I found me a Olympic bar, curl bar, and over 400 pounds of weight on craigslist (btw for great deal) and I also just bought a new bench so I'm ready to start this Monday (27th).

I have a question...Can I just do 2 heavy days and 1 medium day or do I need to go from heavy, medium, light?

Also, anyone have any advice for a weight lifting beginner?

Originally Posted by OscarTX View Post
    Hi everyone, I've been lurking on this routine for a few weeks and I finally decided to make account.... I just finished doing P90X about a month ago and I'm looking to do something to and more muscle. I found me a Olympic bar, curl bar, and over 400 pounds of weight on craigslist (btw for great deal) and I also just bought a new bench so I'm ready to start this Monday (27th).

I have a question...Can I just do 2 heavy days and 1 medium day or do I need to go from heavy, medium, light?

Also, anyone have any advice for a weight lifting beginner?
    Nope follow the program. Heavy Medium Light.
    If you can't fit in three workouts in a week then you do two heavy days.

OscarTX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by clarkecm View Post
    Nope follow the program. Heavy Medium Light.
    If you can't fit in three workouts in a week then you do two heavy days.
    Ok, thanks!!

redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey guys been still working the program but have had to restart cycle 6 now twice because of vacations and injury (running related). Not sure how much more of this program will take me... Wondering if anyone else has done more than 6 cycles and what they switched to afterwards. As well wondering if any one has had experince running this program with lower rep range.
    LBS - BF Date Comment
    185.2- 23.8% 02/01/2012<started cardio/ate better
    175.4- 19.9% 04/04/2012<added weights 2/w
    168.6- 18.6% 09/04/2012<added extra day. Now 3/w weights
    166.6- 18.5% 10/02/2012<started IF w/Cal deficit and BCAA's+FastedTrain
    165.4- 18.0% 10/09/2012<started All pro - Simple Beginner's
    159.2- 16.4% 11/01/2012<dexa scan at 18.3%
    140.4- 12.9% 02/21/2013
    137.5- 9.9% 03/01/2013 <dexa scan at 6.7%!
    155- 12.0% 07/07/2013<slowbulk/recomp/maint?

Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a question about this routine.
    Alright, i tested my 10rm and my bench is 95lbs, so after 6 months on this routine i will be lifting 135x12 (if i don't stall).
    i see a lot of people get big in 6 months, but their lifts are much higher, will i get the amount of muscle i want on this routine in 6 months? 10lb of muscle, (nutrition is in check)

Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So I've decided I will do underarm barbell rows, feels like it hits my lats more so than overarm rows.

Will that be a problem?

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Georgesss View Post
    I have a question about this routine.
    Alright, i tested my 10rm and my bench is 95lbs, so after 6 months on this routine i will be lifting 135x12 (if i don't stall).
    i see a lot of people get big in 6 months, but their lifts are much higher, will i get the amount of muscle i want on this routine in 6 months? 10lb of muscle, (nutrition is in check)
    their numbers only seem higher because they only lift for 5 reps.

blair420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blair420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blair420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blair420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blair420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blair420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blair420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blair420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blair420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blair420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blair420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Totally missed the part where you're only suppose to do 3 workouts per week.. I guess I was doing 4, taking one day of rest in-between each workout. still made great progress... in roughly 4 months lifts went from:

Bench: 90 4x8 ---> 155 4x8
    deadlift: 135 4x8 --->265 4x8
    squat :135 4x8 ----> 225 4x8

should I continue like this if seeing results? or dial it back to 3 workouts/week?

Thanks

Registered User thousandreasons's Avatar
    thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys, wondering if you can help me out with setting my weights for my next cycle.

So I've just finished cycle 2 and on squats I'm having a problem. Initially, in my first cycle my heavy day was 85kg (187lbs) and I got through that cycle without too many issues. On cycle 2 I upped my weights on squats to 95kg (209lbs) when I should've gone for 92.5kg (203.5lbs). After looking back I rounded the 10% up instead of down.

Anyway, to cut the story short. This is the 5th week of my 2nd cycle (Mon: 95kg x 8,6 Wed: 85kg x 12,12). So as you can see I got all 12 reps on my medium day but not on my heavy day.

What should I do for the next cycle:
    1. Reduce weight to 85kg and work back up.
    2. Keep weight at 95kg (reluctant to do this since I didn't even get 2 sets of 8 reps).
    3. Set weight at 92.5kg (what it initially should've been at the beginning of cycle 2).

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: bulking, 3000 cals daily and gaining weight steadily.
    Pursuing NZ Aesthetics.

RIP Zyzz, gone but not forgotten brah.

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148951783

thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by blair420 View Post
    Totally missed the part where you're only suppose to do 3 workouts per week.. I guess I was doing 4, taking one day of rest in-between each workout. still made great progress... in roughly 4 months lifts went from:

Bench: 90 4x8 ---> 155 4x8
    deadlift: 135 4x8 --->265 4x8
    squat :135 4x8 ----> 225 4x8

should I continue like this if seeing results? or dial it back to 3 workouts/week?

Thanks
    Deadlift? Surely you mean SLDL cause All Pros doesn't have deadlifts in the program...
    Pursuing NZ Aesthetics.

Is this good enough?

Any advice?
    So you've been doing this routine for a week and are already questioning its effectiveness. Stick with it, it is a great routine and you WILL see gains - a hell of a lot more gains than those bull**** iso exercises.
    Pursuing NZ Aesthetics.

chubbybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubbybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redcaesar View Post
    Hey guys been still working the program but have had to restart cycle 6 now twice because of vacations and injury (running related). Not sure how much more of this program will take me... Wondering if anyone else has done more than 6 cycles and what they switched to afterwards. As well wondering if any one has had experince running this program with lower rep range.
    Hey there red,
    Im also stuck on cycle 5 due to working out on a deficit + nursing a shoulder issue which i developed during the course of this program.Im a bit perplexed what to do also.My problem is i need to continue to lose more weight because my BF% is still too high but this is being countered by me reaching my limits with the weights.Ive failed BP and OHP twice already and ive had to reset because my shoulder was starting to impinge or develop a form of tendinitis.So im still stuck in cycle 5 land.Logic tells me to reset again until my shoulder feels up to par but it also tells me i should eat more so as to give my shoulder a caloric cushion so to speak.I think ego stands in the way sometimes telling me not to throw away all the hard work youve put in so far only to wuss out and reset but ill have to wait and see how my shoulder feels during todays workout.

Originally Posted by thousandreasons View Post
    So you've been doing this routine for a week and are already questioning its effectiveness. Stick with it, it is a great routine and you WILL see gains - a hell of a lot more gains than those bull**** iso exercises.
    The reason for questioning was because I saw more results beforehand. Not all iso programs are bad.

chubbybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubbybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by thousandreasons View Post
    Hey guys, wondering if you can help me out with setting my weights for my next cycle.

So I've just finished cycle 2 and on squats I'm having a problem. Initially, in my first cycle my heavy day was 85kg (187lbs) and I got through that cycle without too many issues. On cycle 2 I upped my weights on squats to 95kg (209lbs) when I should've gone for 92.5kg (203.5lbs). After looking back I rounded the 10% up instead of down.

Anyway, to cut the story short. This is the 5th week of my 2nd cycle (Mon: 95kg x 8,6 Wed: 85kg x 12,12). So as you can see I got all 12 reps on my medium day but not on my heavy day.

What should I do for the next cycle:
    1. Reduce weight to 85kg and work back up.
    2. Keep weight at 95kg (reluctant to do this since I didn't even get 2 sets of 8 reps).
    3. Set weight at 92.5kg (what it initially should've been at the beginning of cycle 2).

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: bulking, 3000 cals daily and gaining weight steadily.
    Hey there thousandreasons,
    I reckon you should slightly reset it to 92.5kg for cycle 3.It will give you the buffer you need to allow more linear progression and complete your cycle 3 test day successfully.

Closed Thread
Page 306 of 333 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 ... LastLast