Closed Thread
Page 145 of 333 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,350 of 9967
    TeenBuilder996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenBuilder996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenBuilder996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenBuilder996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenBuilder996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lrd3 View Post
    lol.... i do keep forgetting your age...........
    i would add work sets for abs were you feel you could handle them. "weighted roman twist" and weighted declined crunches" are all i do for abb work. over the last few months... there is a noticeable difference..... good luck young bro.
    keep killing it
    Yeaaa. Gotta hit em hard. thanks man. You too, stay strong.

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TeenBuilder996 View Post
    Yeaaa. Gotta hit em hard. thanks man. You too, stay strong.
    +reps
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

Champions1966 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Champions1966 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Champions1966 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Champions1966 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Champions1966 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Champions1966 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Champions1966 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Champions1966 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Champions1966 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Champions1966 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Champions1966 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by EddieFromEurope View Post
    you must be doing cycle 1, am I right?
    Your right

But still, surely there is no harm in me doing an extra set?!

TeenBuilder996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenBuilder996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenBuilder996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenBuilder996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenBuilder996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    +reps
    Already did. Kinda new to this forum. But why doesnt your rep power increase? Hmmm

frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Champions1966 View Post
    Your right

Stick

To

The

Program.

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Already did. Kinda new to this forum. But why doesnt your rep power increase? Hmmm
    yours went up when i reped you....... i think its becuse mine are high allready.. or some thing like that... still dont know how it works.
    so i just rep folks with positive attitudes and who post good solid intelligent advice....
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you repped him , yours don't count yet. You can see your rep power is zero. You need to have more posts and a higher rep yourself etc for yours to count
    There is no expiration date on being healthy.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator

FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Which exercise will be using my abs? Please point it out so i can correct my form. Thanks.
    You should be tightening your core for most of the lifts. This will help with development. I find Squats, BORs, SLDL and OHP really hit mine.

Again, you need to be flexing / stiffening your core while doing these..........
    There is no expiration date on being healthy.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your right

Well, I don't recommend extra sets. C1W5 heavy day exhausted me, I can only imagine what's about to happen in cycle 2 when the weights go up...
    Just follow the program.

Question! Program doesn't say which squats should I do - can I choose between back squats and front squats?
    fuark

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EddieFromEurope View Post
    Question! Program doesn't say which squats should I do - can I choose between back squats and front squats?
    Do back squats, much better overall workout. Unless there is a reason you want to do front of course?

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your right

As others have said it's not advised, you may think it's easy now but trust me it will get harder. What week are you on??

Verbing Weirds Language Tupperwolf's Avatar
    Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Search the old threads for info about front squats. All pro has stated that if you simply don't have the equipment (power cage) you can do front squats. You just have to understand that the focus of the front squat is different, and you won't be able to use as much weight. If you have the equipment, do back squats. More muscle recruitment, more strain to the CNS, which is what you want for a beginner routine.
    US Coast Guard ~ SEMPER PARATUS

whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your right

Take advantage of these easy cycles. This is when you should be zoning in on your form. It's going to be a lot harder to correct your mistakes of poor positioning as the weights get heavier and you've developed bad habits.

Originally Posted by FitBeyondForty View Post
    You should be tightening your core for most of the lifts. This will help with development. I find Squats, BORs, SLDL and OHP really hit mine.

Again, you need to be flexing / stiffening your core while doing these..........
    Like flexing my back muscle and all? I dont understand.

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by steelmonkey View Post
    Good news everyone!

Cycle 4 test day yesterday and passed everything

Moving up to the following numbers:
    Squats - 187 pounds
    Bench - 121 pounds
    BOR - 110 pounds
    OHP - 77 pounds
    SLDL - 137 pounds
    Upright Rows - 77 pounds
    Calf Raise - 187 pounds

Since starting the program ive lost 17 pounds, which isnt much i guess over the period, but im fairly happy, and all my lifts have gone up a lot.

Plus Grailer is apparently leaving the thread, although for some reason he is still in here trolling.

Good day all round :P
    Congratulations! Very impressive to be able to pass everything
    Yesterday was C4 Week 4 Heavy day and today I'm dragging my a**, next Monday will be tough.
    Soon to be X-Fatoldman :)

If you always do what you've always done
    You'll Always get what you always got

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150344193

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

yours went up when i reped you....... i think its becuse mine are high allready.. or some thing like that... still dont know how it works.
    so i just rep folks with positive attitudes and who post good solid intelligent advice....
    thanks mate
    Originally Posted by FitBeyondForty View Post
    If you repped him , yours don't count yet. You can see your rep power is zero. You need to have more posts and a higher rep yourself etc for yours to count
    Ohhh. Got it. Thanks mate.

Verbing Weirds Language Tupperwolf's Avatar
    Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by whiskeysticks View Post
    Take advantage of these easy cycles. This is when you should be zoning in on your form. It's going to be a lot harder to correct your mistakes of poor positioning as the weights get heavier and you've developed bad habits.
    Check this video out. You need to take advantage of the time that you are using light weight to build good form.

US Coast Guard ~ SEMPER PARATUS

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ClocknessMonsta View Post
    First post on here, after working out semi seriously for a couple of years sometimes with months out due to injury I've decided to do it properly. I did my first day yesterday...

First opinions

I have a lightly sprained wrist so worked under my max but it's crazy how 'weak' I am at these excercises compared to others despite being fairly well built and having a decent chest and arms. Hopefully my miserable lifts yesterday were more to do with form than anything else and will pick up quickly, I had real trouble with the overhead lift despite being able to lift easily when doing the dumbbell equivalent. My casual work out over the past couple of years has been made up mainly of machines, dumbbell flys, dumbbell curls, bench on a smith, little on my legs

Time for a laugh for most of you and hopefully a post for me to look back on in some time and chuckle at

Squats - working set - 135lbs
    Bench - 124lbs
    Bent Over Rows - 45lbs
    Overhead Barbell - 75lbs lol
    Stiff Legged DL - 90lbs
    Barbell Curls - 65lbs

Today my lower back is not in a good way and as I've had bad lower back problems in the past I'm a little worried, hoping it's just the after work burn though.

Silly question but I assume I should have really let my wrist fully heal before starting this? and in short what supplements are recommended? I know there is a comprehensive thread but if someone can answer in a few words would be appreciated I only just get time to fit in this workout each week let a lone do too much research.

Edit:

Im 27, 185lbs, 6'1" not sure on body fat but I'm pretty average
    Welcome!
    Don't worry about the weights, remember the only one your competing with is yourself.
    On the injury, it's never good to try and train thru an injury. It almost never works!

My Journal

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Which exercise will be using my abs? Please point it out so i can correct my form. Thanks.
    Any exercise that requires you to brace your core works your abs. So that would prob be all of them if your using a barbell for the exercises.

Originally Posted by Tupperwolf View Post
    Check this video out. You need to take advantage of the time that you are using light weight to build good form.

A little long, but a lot of GREAT information.
    Thanks!

My Journal

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Desparado View Post
    Use an EZ curl bar. It weighs 15 lbs so load it accordingly. Your gym doesn't have dumbbells?
    See, I was thinking of using the EZ curl bar but I kept getting different answers when I asked how much they weighed so I didn't know how much weight to put on it. My gym does have dumbbells, and I realized something after I posted last night. I tried warming up for bench press with the dumbbells on 30 lbs, and instead of grabbing two 15's I grabbed two 30's making it 60 lbs and wondered why it was so heavy. So I avoided using those for the other exercises thinking it was more difficult than the bar. When I go back for medium day tomorrow, can I use dumbbells for overhead press and curls at the right weight for that day or would it screw up the program since I already started 5 lbs lighter?

Originally Posted by ngtvenfnty View Post
    Well, you seem to be just starting out. All of your lifts are on the low end. Just keep at it, you will increase quickly at first. Not sure why you would be doing 220 lb calf raises if you are only dead lifting 80. My personal opinion is that there is no reason to do an exercise with a weight greater than what you could dead lift off the floor and maneuver into that position. Also, if you are only pressing 65 then I can't see how you could possibly be standing up with straight posture while holding 220 lbs in front of you like that. Just seems bizzare to me to see that much poundage in comparison with your other lifts.
    Yep, just starting out. Last week was the first week I ever lifted. I wondered and asked about the calf raises too. I'm using a machine for those and was told it was easier to lift higher weight than with the bar. Still seems oddly high to me as well though.

Originally Posted by ottawatim View Post
    I am confused by your statement? Deadlifts and SLDLs are two very different lifts and this program calls for SLDLs. In SLDLs you are not picking up off of the floor necessarily and the weight will be much smaller than with regular deadlifts. And the calf raises may be done on a machine or if standing calf raises, the bar would be on his back and not being held in front of him. Why would he need to press the calf raise weight? I am not meaning to be mean but don't understand.

I was surprised by the heavy calf raises too but it is not out of the question.
    Yea, I'm using the machine. And again, I'm surprised by it too. Still think I'm doing something wrong with those haha.

makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whoops, I forgot to ask what to do about failing my second set on bench press. Kind of embarrassing to be failing on the first day.

Registered User ClocknessMonsta's Avatar
    ClocknessMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 1fatoldman View Post
    Welcome!
    Don't worry about the weights, remember the only one your competing with is yourself.
    On the injury, it's never good to try and train thru an injury. It almost never works!
    thanks Sir.

I'm going to defy all sensible advice and train through the wrist. It's really not that bad a sprain, if I strap it I think it will be fine.

To give more of an idea of my normal lifting, barbbell curls 45lbs per arm 3 x 8, smith bench press 180lbs plus bar (2lbs or something?) 3 x 8, dumbbell shoulder press over 60kg per arm 3 x 6. Just reading this thread and doing the workout once has made me realize how import core strength is and also that having a big chest and biceps and not a lot else does not make you strong at all!

ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ottawatim View Post
    Try to keep in mind that others goal may be different. I don't know of anyone else who would worry about being able to clean, press, and place their squat weight on their back. Try to give advice based on their goals, not yours.
    A very reasonable point. Perhaps I should have asked his goal, and been more sensitive to others goals. Nothing wrong with strongman goal. Just the brashness of the circle gets to me...and they hurt my feelings by negging me into the red once.

As for myself, I think of it like this. If I did not have this smith machine, or a power rack, how would I be required to do these movements? The load would start on the floor, and it would have to be worked into position from there. So in my thinking there is something slightly unnatural and unbalanced about 200 lb squats when you cannot pick up those 200 lbs and lift it over your head and place it on your back. My ankles already have a 200 lb load on them when I squat, 170 at the knee, 120 at the hips, so with even with a 100 lb weight I am placing a considerable stress on my body by squatting. Not to mention that very heavy squats pull you center of gravity up into your chest...this is very unstable and I think people are right that there is a high chance of injury from squatting heavy.
    Last edited by ngtvenfnty; 12-18-2012 at 08:41 AM.

thanks Sir.

I'm going to defy all sensible advice and train through the wrist. It's really not that bad a sprain, if I strap it I think it will be fine.

To give more of an idea of my normal lifting, barbbell curls 45lbs per arm 3 x 8, smith bench press 180lbs plus bar (2lbs or something?) 3 x 8, dumbbell shoulder press over 60kg per arm 3 x 6. Just reading this thread and doing the workout once has made me realize how import core strength is and also that having a big chest and biceps and not a lot else does not make you strong at all!
    If you can, try and stay away from the smith mach. You will probably be able to lift a lot more weight with the smith mach, but you will miss out on a lot of core training. In the end, barbell free weights with all of the lifts will help you the most.

My Journal

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks, I'm would be between cycle 2&3 but it's falling right over Christmas week and I workout at the office so would make it real easy to take a week off... Alternatively there is gym 2 mins from house was thinking I could get free trial for the week or even go into office (only 15min drive) a couple of days to workout and do 2 heavy days for the week. Then continue or restart cycle following week.

Originally Posted by wannagoheavy View Post
    No, I took a week off between 4&5 cycles and felt great coming back after a full week off.
    LBS - BF Date Comment
    185.2- 23.8% 02/01/2012<started cardio/ate better
    175.4- 19.9% 04/04/2012<added weights 2/w
    168.6- 18.6% 09/04/2012<added extra day. Now 3/w weights
    166.6- 18.5% 10/02/2012<started IF w/Cal deficit and BCAA's+FastedTrain
    165.4- 18.0% 10/09/2012<started All pro - Simple Beginner's
    159.2- 16.4% 11/01/2012<dexa scan at 18.3%
    140.4- 12.9% 02/21/2013
    137.5- 9.9% 03/01/2013 <dexa scan at 6.7%!
    155- 12.0% 07/07/2013<slowbulk/recomp/maint?

Registered User ClocknessMonsta's Avatar
    ClocknessMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 1fatoldman View Post
    If you can, try and stay away from the smith mach. You will probably be able to lift a lot more weight with the smith mach, but you will miss out on a lot of core training. In the end, barbell free weights with all of the lifts will help you the most.
    yep, as of yesterday I am completely machineless, at least until I move on to a different work out that requires them (never smiths again though)

about how many 5 week cycles are people doing until they move on? assuming most are relative beginners when they begin

also would it be better to do the medium and light cycles on consecutive days or miss the light one? I can only do monday - wed - thurs this week....

and would doing something like a few sets of inclined bench and some tricep pull downs on an off day have a negative effect??

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thanks Sir.

smith machine bench press?

Start using a barbell not smith machine.
    fuark

syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    about how many 5 week cycles are people doing until they move on? assuming most are relative beginners when they begin
    Some do 2-3, some 5-6, and there are a few who have done 10-12. If you are cutting, I recommend doing this routine for as long as you cut. If you are bulking however, I recommend staying on this routine for no longer than 3, maybe 4 cycles, and then switching to a different routine with more volume.

also would it be better to do the medium and light cycles on consecutive days or miss the light one? I can only do monday - wed - thurs this week....
    If you can only do mon-wed-thurs this week, better miss the light one. So do heavy and medium. Or you can do 2 heavy days (mon-thurs), however if you are just starting out and this is your first cycle I wouldn't recommend it.

and would doing something like a few sets of inclined bench and some tricep pull downs on an off day have a negative effect??
    If you are new to lifting then yes, chances are it will hurt you big time. Stick with the exercises prescribed for at least 2 cycles before deciding to make changes.
    Last edited by syncmaster913n; 12-18-2012 at 09:14 AM.

FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is anyone else just really not liking SLDL? I'm doing the form where you do not bend your back, because I'm really just not sure bending the back like that with weights is safe. Some are calling the type I do a Romanian dead, others believe that is a still legged deadlift.

I really miss regular deadlift, and I think I might pick one a day a week to take out both SLDL and squats and do regular deadlift. I'm halfway through cycle 2 right now, and if I decide to do this I will at least wait until cycle 3 is over before making any changes. Anyone else not like SLDL and have thought about putting in regular deads?

IF YOU ARE NEW AND READING THIS: Don't change anything on this program until at least 3 cycles in. Even though I want to switch to regular deads I will wait until at least 3 cycles in as instructed in the program.

Closed Thread
Page 145 of 333 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 ... LastLast