Closed Thread
Page 132 of 333 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 9967
    ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GrimDim View Post
    I'm kinda confused. For this program 20min HIIT workouts are recommended (if you want to do cardio). But won't HIIT greatly tire you? Won't it also burn tons of the calories you need while bulking? I want to do cardio, but i don't want it to mess with my lifts. Could you recommend some kind of cardio i can do on my off days (2 or 3 days) that will keep my heart healthy and generally help with my health/recovery/psychology?
    You can do what you want for cardio or not do it at all. Up to you. Find something you enjoy and do it.

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cycle 1, week 4 (11 reps for all sets);

Heavy day
    *Squats: 44|66|121|121 lbs
    *Bench press: 44|66|115.5|115.5 lbs
    *Bent over row: 44|66|121|121 lbs
    *Overhead press: 66 lbs x 2
    *Romanian deadlift: 110 lbs x 2
    *Barbell curls: 55 lbs x 2
    *Calf raises: 110 lbs x 2

Everything was good except curls - failed on the second set (did 9 reps). Dunno what happened, but I'll make sure it won't happen the next and last heavy day of my first cycle.
    fuark

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ngtvenfnty View Post
    No, what you see is a guy who was not very strong to start out (for whom the program is intended) and followed the program exactly. If he started squatting 60 lbs and followed the program exactly for 9 cycles his weight progression looks like this.

c1 60
    c2 66
    c3 72.6
    c4 79.86
    c5 87.846
    c6 96.6306
    c7 106.29366
    c8 116.923026
    c9 128.6153286

And so he has made exactly the progress predicted by AllPro and by those who say the program should be followed exactly.
    I think we need a bit more information as starting out at 60lbs for squats is rather low, certainly could be the case though. That said I think i have seen his posts in the past and he started out on a cut then had to do another cut later so to me it sounds like his diet is not in order.

To sajor, what are you looking to accomplish as a long term goal?? Without that it's hard to give advise given the fact you have been doing this program for 9 cycles.

spiny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spiny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spiny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spiny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spiny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spiny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Krunkz View Post
    Week 5 Cycle 3 Test/Heavy day. This work out session really kicked my butt!!! Let me tell you.

Squat = 330 (Pass)
    Flat BP = 245 (Pass but last two reps were tough!)
    Bent-Over Rows = 205 (Pass)
    Overhead Press = 135 (Failed, got 12 reps on first set, seemed smooth. hit 10th rep on 2nd set and only got it to my nose. the failure actually felt nice though because I gave it my all)
    SLDL = 350 (pass, I was pretty destroyed after these)
    Upright Rows = 105 (pass, love these, no shoulder discomfort at all from these so far)
    Calf Raises = 250 (pass, did 20 reps each set for these)

This session has been my favorite so far. Sadly it will be my last with this All Pro routine. If i strictly follow it I would be adding 30+ pounds on certain lifts which is a huge increase. I know I could just add 10 pounds etc but I am also feeling it is time to move on. I will most likely be moving to one of All Pro's intermediate routines. I am sure I will still post in here though. This is an awsome group of people. I love the energy in this thread!
    Good Luck! As always VERY impressive lifts
    Soon to be X-Fatoldman :)

If you always do what you've always done
    You'll Always get what you always got

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150344193

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MrSlippery View Post
    I think we need a bit more information as starting out at 60lbs for squats is rather low, certainly could be the case though.
    My squats started low as well. When I set out to do this a few months ago, getting even a few reps of body-weight squats was a challenge and an accomplishment. I think partly it is getting used to the movement and learning to coordinate the muscle groups, and this is why i have increased my squat weight much more quickly. This is also why I am not a fan of the programs weight progression at the start. It does not consider that 75 percent of strength gains in the first two months (for a brand newbie) are simply from calibrating your body to the exercises. If I had stayed on the program exactly I would still be working with a 70 lb squat when I am able to do more. Still not a tremendous amount, but more than I would be doing right now on the exact routine.

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sajor View Post
    I just finished my 9th cycle, after doing this workout for over a year, i do believe its time to switch it up a bit,I narrowed it down to 2 workouts either a pyrmid or 5x5 workout.

Currently im 5"6, 140lb, 16% Bf, below are my current lifting stats 2 sets and 12 reps each
    Squat 129
    Bench Press 129
    Bent Rows 112
    Millitary Press 75
    Stiff Leg Dead Lift 183
    Curls 66

I was thinking doing either 5x5 or pyramid workout with the exercises shown above, do you guys think this a good idea , also what should i base my starting weight in , i was thinking with starting with %20 less then what im currently lifting, also and i know this might be a stupid question but, ill ask anyways, in pyrmaid and 5x5 when do you add weight. Thanks guys.
    Awesome! Sticking with the program for 9 cycles is an admirable accomplishment.
    There are some good 5x5 routines listed under Workout Programs. Try "My novice 5x5 for Bodybuilders" Jason knows what he's talking about. Tell him what your doing, what your progress has been and ask your questions about going forward. He usually reply quickly and as stated with good information. IMO You will get better information asking experienced lifters, instead of asking us folks that are using a beginners program.

My Journal

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My squats started low as well. When I set out to do this a few months ago, getting even a few reps of body-weight squats was a challenge and an accomplishment. I think partly it is getting used to the movement and learning to coordinate the muscle groups, and this is why i have increased my squat weight much more quickly. This is also why I am not a fan of the programs weight progression at the start. It does not consider that 75 percent of strength gains in the first two months (for a brand newbie) are simply from calibrating your body to the exercises. If I had stayed on the program exactly I would still be working with a 70 lb squat when I am able to do more. Still not a tremendous amount, but more than I would be doing right now on the exact routine.
    Absolutely no question, however that is also why All Pro said you could raise the weight more than 10% if you felt comfortable doing so. It all depends what you start out with, in your case and others you may need a cycle to get used to everything and then realize your weights all need to go up 15-20%.

Absolutely no question, however that is also why All Pro said you could raise the weight more than 10% if you felt comfortable doing so. It all depends what you start out with, in your case and others you may need a cycle to get used to everything and then realize your weights all need to go up 15-20%.
    Just to add to this, after you complete a full cycle (it's different lifting the weight 8 times and lifting it 12) All Pro said you can retest any or all lifts and readjust as necessary. The key is to test for your 10 rep max, not guess.

My Journal

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You have to use a little common sense. I agree that lift acclimation is half the battle for a complete noob and once acclimated the poundage SHOULD go up accordingly NEXT cycle. What's not recommended as far as the program is concerned is lifting more than 3X a week, adding more exercises and more sets before completing at least 3 Cycles and changing the rep schemes. Adjusting the poundage you lift per cycle to 10% is just a general rule.
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do upright rows instead of curls< as i prefer the overall development, but is there anyroom for curls at all in this routine when you do upright rows? because i dont feel them stimmed at all during rows?

Originally Posted by Ferello View Post
    I do upright rows instead of curls< as i prefer the overall development, but is there anyroom for curls at all in this routine when you do upright rows? because i dont feel them stimmed at all during rows?
    Cant see why not, however I would suggest doing them last just to make sure it does not cause other lifts to potentially suffer.

McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000)
    has anybody ever LOWERED the weight or had to repeat a previous cycle? quick background...
    did cycle 1 was good passed, went on to cycle 2 everything was good til week 2, due to events i couldnt go to gym for 2-3 weeks
    started where i left off but was very hard and pushed on.

yesterday was test day of cycle 2 failed most. Im thinking should i start over? or just continue?

Originally Posted by McWinning View Post
    has anybody ever LOWERED the weight or had to repeat a previous cycle? quick background...
    did cycle 1 was good passed, went on to cycle 2 everything was good til week 2, due to events i couldnt go to gym for 2-3 weeks

yesterday was test day of cycle 2 failed most. Im thinking should i start over? or just continue?
    I would just continue onto cycle 3 only increasing the ones you passed. Chances are good seeing that you are only on cycle 2 those 2-3 weeks hurt your progress however no worries just push onto the next cycle.

Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    anyone else? opinions?

Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000)
    Week 5 Cycle 2

Squat = 140 (Pass)
    Bench Press = 155 (Pass)
    Bent Row = 85 (Failed second set)
    Overhead Press = 85 (Failed second set)
    Stiff Leg Dead Lift = 150 (Pass)
    Barbell Curl = 75 (Failed second set)
    Calf Raises = 140 (Pass)

Hopefully my squats and dead lifts start to catch up with my bench.

Quick progress shots since most people don't seem to post these.

1/9/12 (Fat @ 219lbs)

3/10/12 (Cardio and diet only for the first few months @ 200lbs)

9/1/12 (After a few months of knowledge-less lifting on weight machines @ 175lbs)

11/10/12 (After first cycle of AllPro @ 180lbs)

12/11/12 (After second cycle of AllPro @ 185lbs)

Damn my pics kind of suck and I have the weirdest hips...

FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) FalseShadow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    anyone else? opinions?
    I honestly don't think adding curls at the end would hurt anything. I'm a noob though, and personally I don't want to ad anything to the workout bc I'm totally spent at the end. You could consider adding simply one set of curls. Or add 2 sets on light days. When you get to the part where the program is actually hard, you might want to remove them then.

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What cycle are you on?
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

William Ernest Henley

syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Subaruski View Post
    Week 5 Cycle 2

Squat = 140 (Pass)
    Bench Press = 155 (Pass)
    Calf Raises = 140 (Pass)

Nice progress bro.

Could you double check the dates above each of your pics? They don't seem to add up

1/9/12 then 3/10/12 then 9/1/12 then 12/11/12

Originally Posted by McWinning View Post

It depends. Do you feel your form being compromised? No sense in moving on with the same weights if those 2-3 weeks off affected your lifts form wise. Something similar happened to me in between Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. Bench Press went up from 135 lbs to 145 lbs for Cycle 2 but had to take 1 1/2 weeks off in between cycles. Still kept the scheduled increase in weight and my form suffered. Failed Bench on test day (12 reps 1st set, 8 reps second). Instead of repeating 145 in Cycle3 I am going down 5 lbs to 140 and go from there.

Your form will often dictate when or when not to increase your lifts.

William Gibson

William Ernest Henley

Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000) Subaruski is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by syncmaster913n View Post
    Nice progress bro.

Could you double check the dates above each of your pics? They don't seem to add up

1/9/12 then 3/10/12 then 9/1/12 then 12/11/12
    If the 12/11/12 date is throwing you off I still have a medium and light day left to complete for cycle 2. Picture was taken after week 5 heavy day during cycle two.

Cycle One = 10/8 - 11/9
    Cycle Two = 11/12 - 12/14

syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If the 12/11/12 date is throwing you off I still have a medium and light day left to complete for cycle 2. Picture was taken after week 5 heavy day during cycle two.

Cycle One = 10/8 - 11/9
    Cycle Two = 11/12 - 12/14
    No no, that's not what I meant - sorry. The problem was that here in my country when one says 9/1/12 it means January 9th 2012 =) all is good now, sorry for the confusion.

lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i've been slacking off in the past couple of weeks w/ stronglifts because i didn't want to gain weight, so my lifts stalled and i decided to give allpro another go.

tested my 10rm 2 weeks ago. failed squat (first set, but did 9 + extra 1 on second set) and ohp. not really sure why. the ohp is very depressing, because i was close to 95lbs ohp before stalling in SL, but i could only get 5 reps w/ 70lbs on the second set. which is weird, because i thought i managed my 10rm pretty well. i guess i need lower weights?

and i work out in the morning. i usually only eat 100calories instant oatmeal (not even whey because it gives me allergic reaction), do you think it's why i've been stalling on my lifts (along with trying to lose weight)? i would've eaten more but i really don't have plenty of time to eat before i workout and i don't want to feel bloated
    ~~~ has more women in his binder than romney ~~~

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lazzara View Post
    i've been slacking off in the past couple of weeks w/ stronglifts because i didn't want to gain weight, so my lifts stalled and i decided to give allpro another go.

tested my 10rm 2 weeks ago. failed squat (first set, but did 9 + extra 1 on second set) and ohp. not really sure why. the ohp is very depressing, because i was close to 95lbs ohp before stalling in SL, but i could only get 5 reps w/ 70lbs on the second set. which is weird, because i thought i managed my 10rm pretty well. i guess i need lower weights?

and i work out in the morning. i usually only eat 100calories instant oatmeal (not even whey because it gives me allergic reaction), do you think it's why i've been stalling on my lifts (along with trying to lose weight)? i would've eaten more but i really don't have plenty of time to eat before i workout and i don't want to feel bloated
    How did you figure your macros?

How much sleep are you getting?

How long have you been cutting and by how much?

OHP is always the 1st to stall and the hardest to make gains because bench is before it in this routine. Working in 10 rep range is alot different than 5 rep range. It will come back with time. The medium and light days will aid in recovery and still allow the same frequency 3x a week.
    This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lazzara is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by wannagoheavy View Post
    How did you figure your macros?

How much sleep are you getting?

How long have you been cutting and by how much?

OHP is always the 1st to stall and the hardest to make gains because bench is before it in this routine. Working in 10 rep range is alot different than 5 rep range. It will come back with time. The medium and light days will aid in recovery and still allow the same frequency 3x a week.
    our dining commons has info on calories, so that's where i got them from. i figure i'm eating like 1600-1800 calories/ day. but yeah, i only eat 100 calories prior to working out, so i'm not really sure if it has a lot to do with me being unable to complete my reps? and i get that sensation that i'm about to throw up but not really.

sleep's been pretty good. been getting 7-8 hours/ day.

i've been "cutting" (it's a mini cut, really) since maybe before thanksgiving. so it's been a solid 3 weeks, and i've lost 5-6lbs so far. i was doing strong lifts but i stalled and i know allpro's more forgiving on cut hence why i switched. Did the 10rm test the 2 fridays ago, so i thought everything was alright.

but yeah, i was stuck at 8 on my first set of squat- my quads just felt tired. but i managed to do 9 on my second set + one extra set to make up the lost rep. Not sure what happened with ohp, but i just couldn't get it up after 5. i know the deload days help, but i don't think i can manage squatting 3 times a week with hypertrophy reps lol.

i think i'd like to lose another 5-10lbs before i start maintaining, to be honest.
    ~~~ has more women in his binder than romney ~~~

Originally Posted by Desparado View Post
    What cycle are you on?
    havent started it yet, ive been on the novice 5x5 but its to hard to do as im on a decifit as im over weight, ive been lifting for a good 6 - 8 months tho consistently i have muscles but im just fat lol

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    I guess correct me if Im wrong , but the reason raising weight mid cycle is bad is because the reps are higher which builds endurance and size but not as good for muscle strength building compared to start of a cycle lower reps .

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Week 5 Cycle 2

Squat = 140 (Pass)
    Bench Press = 155 (Pass)
    Calf Raises = 140 (Pass)

1/9/12 (Fat @ 219lbs)

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/im...WXpBDdVVNt.jpg

3/10/12 (Cardio and diet only for the first few months @ 200lbs)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...i/IMAG0187.jpg

9/1/12 (After a few months of knowledge-less lifting on weight machines @ 175lbs)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...AG0737-1-1.jpg

11/10/12 (After first cycle of AllPro @ 180lbs)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...IMG_5271-2.jpg

12/11/12 (After second cycle of AllPro @ 185lbs)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...i/12-11-12.jpg

Damn my pics kind of suck and I have the weirdest hips...
    What sort of diet are you on ? looks like you are cutting , or are you cycling carbs ?

havent started it yet, ive been on the novice 5x5 but its to hard to do as im on a decifit as im over weight, ive been lifting for a good 6 - 8 months tho consistently i have muscles but im just fat lol
    If you haven't started yet I wouldn't add curls until you've done at least 3 cycles. Your biceps are getting indirect work with BOR and Upright rows. If after 3 cycles you feel that you still need more biceps work then add 1 set of curls after the end of your workout. If you don't stall on BOR and upright rows then you could add another set on the next cycle.

William Gibson

William Ernest Henley

JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, today was my final Heavy day to finish off cycle 4. My stats for today are as follows:

Squats: 180x12, 180x12
    BP: 110x12, 110x12
    BOR: 120x12, 120x12
    OHP: 50x12x 50x12
    SLDL: 160x12, 160x12
    Curls: 70x12, 70x8
    Calf-raise: 175x12, 175x12

I obviously passed all but one. Heavy day on week 5 is always a killer and mentally it beat me. But that's ok! I plan on repeating the SLDL because while I have maintained a good form and know I can increase I feel my grip is just not strong enough to handle the 10% weight increase. As for BOR I also plan on repeating because I feel my form still needs help. Do you guys believe this is appropriate? TIA for the input.

Closed Thread
Page 132 of 333 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast