Closed Thread
Page 209 of 333 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 309 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,270 of 9967
    aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just reposting this since I think it was overlooked. Thanks!

"Hey guy's I might have a problem coming up soon that I could use some advice on

I'm finishing up Week 2 of Cycle 1 and everything is relativly smooth for the most part (which I guess it should be for cycle 1), but I think I didn't figure out my 10 RM for my overhead barbell lifts right. I fall one or two reps shy on my heavy days and even on my lighter days they can be a little bit of a pain. At this point I don't see how I'm going to get 12 reps to pass onto the next cycle, and even if I do pass it seems the next cycle of these will seem almost impossible.

So what should I do? Just finish out the cycle and move on to the next one, but decrease my weight for this exercies, or keep the same weight I have now for the next cycle, or fail the cycle untill I can get it? "

VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DeltaCharlie75 View Post
    I have no knowledge of your disease , but that aside it sounds like you need to rehab your back muscles. I have been in a similar position where I lost a month to back injury. Have a read at this it might help after you have you used the rice principal.
    Hey Delta thanks man, ill defo give this a try as it sounds like it will benefit me greatly! Ill get starting on it tonight with very little weight and follow the guide and see how it goes, the whole ice pack thing makes sense also ill be sure to do that also, hopefully in a few weeks ill be good to go with All Pro and my form at least on squats should be spot on!

*Edit The blogger mentions doing Good Mornings instead of Squats, would this be better for my rehab of my lower back injury? Or would another lift be even more beneficial such as BOR or SLDL? Either way ill be starting off with the bar only!
    Last edited by VegasBhoy; 02-22-2013 at 07:21 AM.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FourEyedGeek View Post
    - Eating fewer larger meals causes the stomach to stretch and leaves you a longer time without food causing greater hung pangs later on, this often causes people to overeat on their next meal to compensate. By eating regular meals your desire to overeat is reduced. I grew up in a house where we never snacked and ate 2/3 giant meals... never again, that feeling of hunger between meals and then bloating afterwards, I pretty much spent the whole day looking forward to the next meal or regretting how much I ate.
    Originally Posted by WFKA View Post
    - I do not feel any different when I eat six meals compared to three. And when I eat three, which is almost every day, I do not feel the need to overeat later on. I started in November 2012 at 194lbs, and I am now 173lbs.
    It's funny how everyone is different that way. I can eat small meals all day and feel great. My wife can only eat three meals a day, and no snacks. She says it makes her feel sick to eat too often.

WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GKC45 View Post
    It's funny how everyone is different that way. I can eat small meals all day and feel great. My wife can only eat three meals a day, and no snacks. She says it makes her feel sick to eat too often.
    When I eat six meals, I often feel more of a need to snack. Small meals just do not make me feel full at all.

mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When I eat six meals, I often feel more of a need to snack. Small meals just do not make me feel full at all.
    hate being full, thats why i switched to IF and eat only once a day. Don't have to think about skipped meal and saves so much time

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by VegasBhoy View Post
    Hey Delta thanks man, ill defo give this a try as it sounds like it will benefit me greatly! Ill get starting on it tonight with very little weight and follow the guide and see how it goes, the whole ice pack thing makes sense also ill be sure to do that also, hopefully in a few weeks ill be good to go with All Pro and my form at least on squats should be spot on!

*Edit The blogger mentions doing Good Mornings instead of Squats, would this be better for my rehab of my lower back injury? Or would another lift be even more beneficial such as BOR or SLDL? Either way ill be starting off with the bar only!
    As long as the exercise targets the injured muscle and you are comfortable with the form ie don't do an exercise you have never done, then pick one you are happy with. I would pick the one that I suffered the injury on.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mistrvi View Post
    hate being full, thats why i switched to IF and eat only once a day. Don't have to think about skipped meal and saves so much time
    Being full helps me. Probably because I used to eat a ton of food in one sitting before.

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    A question about the routine: why are there only two work-sets, especially for the exercises where there's no warmup required? I thought that it was in the third set when the best work is done? Not a criticism of the routine, just a routine (ahahaha) question.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Being full helps me. Probably because I used to eat a ton of food in one sitting before.
    Me too. Eating too much in one sitting got me to 203 pounds 18 months ago with only 140 pounds of lbm. I never feel full. Even after a thanksgiving feast, I am ready to eat again in an hour. I could be a 400 pounder if I didn't make a conscience decision all day long. My whole life I have been skinny fat. Eating a lot of protein throughout out the day really helps control my desire to fatassasize myself. I weightwatchered and jogged myself down to 175 and I looked like a bag of bones with flab around my waist. And I still had a gut. Total puss. Then I started my own broscience workout and ate crap and got up to 186 with almost no extra muscle. I got stronger, but no muscle. Now I am doing allpro and iifym. I can see a difference in the mirror, and I feel can a difference in my energy level. I couldn't have even begun to start something productive without the advice in this forum.

Originally Posted by FitnessFan76 View Post
    A question about the routine: why are there only two work-sets, especially for the exercises where there's no warmup required? I thought that it was in the third set when the best work is done? Not a criticism of the routine, just a routine (ahahaha) question.
    The two sets is deceiving, a lot of the exercises are compound. Chest, shoulders, and tris get hit four times- 2 set of bench press, two sets of overhead press. Lats get hit during bentover rows and straight leg deadlifts, etc.

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The two sets is deceiving, a lot of the exercises are compound. Chest, shoulders, and tris get hit four times- 2 set of bench press, two sets of overhead press. Lats get hit during bentover rows and straight leg deadlifts, etc.
    OK, thanks for clearing that up.

Good to hear you're getting results; how many cycles did you do before you began to actually notice a change in the mirror?

Me too. Eating too much in one sitting got me to 203 pounds 18 months ago with only 140 pounds of lbm. I never feel full. Even after a thanksgiving feast, I am ready to eat again in an hour. I could be a 400 pounder if I didn't make a conscience decision all day long. My whole life I have been skinny fat. Eating a lot of protein throughout out the day really helps control my desire to fatassasize myself. I weightwatchered and jogged myself down to 175 and I looked like a bag of bones with flab around my waist. And I still had a gut. Total puss. Then I started my own broscience workout and ate crap and got up to 186 with almost no extra muscle. I got stronger, but no muscle. Now I am doing allpro and iifym. I can see a difference in the mirror, and I feel can a difference in my energy level. I couldn't have even begun to start something productive without the advice in this forum.
    Nice to hear it bro! IIFYM really helps me too. So many people go onto diets and think that they should stop eating "junk" food completely. All this does is cause them to binge at a later date. As long as you are not overdoing IIFYM, you will be fine.

Nice to hear it bro! IIFYM really helps me too. So many people go onto diets and think that they should stop eating "junk" food completely. All this does is cause them to binge at a later date. As long as you are not overdoing IIFYM, you will be fine.
    For me, it all depends on how much 'junk food' you eat. For example, if I get pizza, I only eat three slices - I find that the 'pizza craving' is taken care of after three slices, and in any case fitting an entire pizza into my macros wouldn't be easy. A whole medium Pizza Hut or similar works out at around 2,500 calories - so to fit in my macros, I'd have to not eat anything else for the rest of the day. Sod that! It's not so bad with frozen pizzas - they don't have anywhere near that number of calories.

Sometimes I'll eat three slices, and then eat the other three the next day.

Regarding eating, I posted this in a couple of other stickies but haven't had any replies at all so maybe someone here can shed some light on this:

I have a question regarding calorie intake. Prior to this, I'm pretty sure I've not been eating enough calories to grow - nowhere near enough. Now I'm using MyFitnessPal and I've significantly boosted my calorie and protein intake. One other thing: I have a bit of a belly, not much but I still want it gone.

I exercise regularly - I was doing loads of cardio (mainly running) prior to starting my new 'regime', yet the fat wasn't budging. Is that down to the fact I wasn't eating enough - therefore my body couldn't spare any calories to burn fat and instead clung on to it like a baby clings to a blanket? If that's the case, now I am eating more, should I see a gradual reduction in the belly fat provided I keep within my macros? My primary goal is to build muscle, but losing the belly would be great as well.
    I probably got the belly in the first place because when I was in my late teens and early twenties, I'd eat things like pizza on a regular basis - the whole thing - while doing precious little physical activity.

For me, it all depends on how much 'junk food' you eat. For example, if I get pizza, I only eat three slices - I find that the 'pizza craving' is taken care of after three slices, and in any case fitting an entire pizza into my macros wouldn't be easy. A whole medium Pizza Hut or similar works out at around 2,500 calories - so to fit in my macros, I'd have to not eat anything else for the rest of the day. Sod that! It's not so bad with frozen pizzas - they don't have anywhere near that number of calories.

Sometimes I'll eat three slices, and then eat the other three the next day.

Regarding eating, I posted this in a couple of other stickies but haven't had any replies at all so maybe someone here can shed some light on this:

I probably got the belly in the first place because when I was in my late teens and early twenties, I'd eat things like pizza on a regular basis - the whole thing - while doing precious little physical activity.
    That is what I was talking about. Eating the occasional slices of pizza stop me from craving a pizza and then devouring the whole thing on a later date.

I also used to eat whole pizzas to myself. Sometimes even for breakfast on weekends...

I wasn't eating enough - therefore my body couldn't spare any calories to burn fat and instead clung on to it like a baby clings to a blanket?
    Wait, what? How are you expecting to burn fat if you are not in a caloric deficit?

HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Drufeus View Post
    Foam roll and stay hydrated. DOMs will go away with time. My legs don't really get sore anymore. Foam Rolling was probably the best decision of my life. 10 min before workout and 10 min after.
    No DOMS in my quads. It's just really tight when I do squats. No pain otherwise.

cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any europeans just starting and wanna setup a irc channel or a skyp grp?

cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cotcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no bodybuilders on irc??

Wait, what? How are you expecting to burn fat if you are not in a caloric deficit?
    Well, although I'm eating a lot more now, I'm not eating a huge amount of extra fat. What I meant was that for years I think I have been in a calorific deficit - too much of one: so much that my body was holding onto the fat I had, rather than using it as fuel for all the cardio I was doing. I'm bulking now, as 'clean' as I can manage without going mad but I was wondering whether now I'm eating more calories, whether my body will become more efficient at burning fat?

I'm new to all this nutrition stuff, so if I'm talking a load of rubbish, apologies. My main overriding goal is to put on lean muscle mass. Is it impossible to keep the fat down at the same time? When I next bump into someone I haven't seen for six months the reaction I want is 'wow - you've filled out; been hitting the weights', not 'wow - you've put on weight'.
    Last edited by FitnessFan76; 02-22-2013 at 12:41 PM.

how bad do you want it? mikeallen52's Avatar
    mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Questions.
    When I lifted in high school, I was weak. I did all compounds lifts and I had huge gains (noobs gains obviously). Now doing this, will I get (more) noob gains? Tomorrow is my light day of week 1, and I don't feel sore, or anything. Idk, maybe I'm thinkin too much. I feel like I could do more sets of each exercise.
    MikeAllen v1.0 :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152402033

kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I do sit-ups with a 5kg weight it's time to go up I carnt add 10 percent what should I do

Well, although I'm eating a lot more now, I'm not eating a huge amount of extra fat. What I meant was that for years I think I have been in a calorific deficit - too much of one: so much that my body was holding onto the fat I had, rather than using it as fuel for all the cardio I was doing. I'm bulking now, as 'clean' as I can manage without going mad but I was wondering whether now I'm eating more calories, whether my body will become more efficient at burning fat?

I'm new to all this nutrition stuff, so if I'm talking a load of rubbish, apologies. My main overriding goal is to put on lean muscle mass. Is it impossible to keep the fat down at the same time? When I next bump into someone I haven't seen for six months the reaction I want is 'wow - you've filled out; been hitting the weights', not 'wow - you've put on weight'.
    Eating fat doesn't not make you fat; just like eating muscle tissue does not make you muscular.

When you eat at a deficit, your body fights to survive. This causes your metabolism to slow down to the point where the calories you need to lose x amount of weight a week does not work. All you would need to do in this situation is; eat at your maintenance calories at the start of your cut for 2 weeks, and if you want, eat at your new maintenance for an extra 2 weeks to restore glycogen stores etc.

When you bulk, you will want to put on a minimum of .5lbs a week. It is impossible to avoid getting "fat" on a bulk. Almost everybody bulks for a while, then cuts and then repeats.

Eating fat doesn't not make you fat; just like eating muscle tissue does not make you muscular.

When you eat at a deficit, your body fights to survive. This causes your metabolism to slow down to the point where the calories you need to lose x amount of weight a week does not work. All you would need to do in this situation is; eat at your maintenance calories at the start of your cut for 2 weeks, and if you want, eat at your new maintenance for an extra 2 weeks to restore glycogen stores etc.

When you bulk, you will want to put on a minimum of .5lbs a week. It is impossible to avoid getting "fat" on a bulk. Almost everybody bulks for a while, then cuts and then repeats.
    OK, thanks for clearing it all up. So bulk, and then deal with any excess fat by cutting. I guess even if I do put on a bit of fat, I'll look better because I would've put on some muscle mass as well hopefully. How long do most people bulk for?

Jeff32463 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Couple questions about the routine

1. Which of these exercises hits the muscles in the upper back around and between the shoulder blades? My upper back for a long time has been getting tired at the end of the day after sitting up. I want to strengthen it, but can't feel it getting worked during the exercises.
    2. Is it okay to watch your form in a every once in a while in a mirror by looking sideways? Some of the exercises tell you to keep your head up and look straight ahead.

Originally Posted by mikeallen52 View Post
    Questions.
    When I lifted in high school, I was weak. I did all compounds lifts and I had huge gains (noobs gains obviously). Now doing this, will I get (more) noob gains? Tomorrow is my light day of week 1, and I don't feel sore, or anything. Idk, maybe I'm thinkin too much. I feel like I could do more sets of each exercise.
    That's how everyone feels on the light day of week one. Give it a few weeks and see how you feel on heavy day of week three.

Originally Posted by Jeff32463 View Post
    Couple questions about the routine

1. Which of these exercises hits the muscles in the upper back around and between the shoulder blades? My upper back for a long time has been getting tired at the end of the day after sitting up. I want to strengthen it, but can't feel it getting worked during the exercises.
    2. Is it okay to watch your form in a every once in a while in a mirror by looking sideways? Some of the exercises tell you to keep your head up and look straight ahead.
    1. deadlifts, bent over rows, over head press. As you get further into the program, your weight/reps will be increasing and you will begin to feel it more.
    2.You can, but it's always possible to injure yourself. I like to film myself and then look at my form.

the problem with this workout is you only increase weights once per month... its not very satisfying.*

its just hypertrophy work

is there a workout which balances hypertrophy and strength training?

Originally Posted by cotcot View Post
    the problem with this workout is you only increase weights once per month... its not very satisfying.*

Did you not see what I posted earlier?

Oddly enough, the program looks a lot like what us old farts got in the booklet that came with our first weight set. In order to add 1 rep each week, your 1 rep max has to increase by about 2.5% each week. Do the math.

mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cotcot View Post

have you even read anything ITT? you increase reps every week and weight every 5 weeks. By increasing reps you will increase your strength and will be able to lift more weight. This is well balanced for both, hypertrophy and strength.

dsinnett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aja5040 View Post
    Just reposting this since I think it was overlooked. Thanks!

"Hey guy's I might have a problem coming up soon that I could use some advice on

I'm finishing up Week 2 of Cycle 1 and everything is relativly smooth for the most part (which I guess it should be for cycle 1), but I think I didn't figure out my 10 RM for my overhead barbell lifts right. I fall one or two reps shy on my heavy days and even on my lighter days they can be a little bit of a pain. At this point I don't see how I'm going to get 12 reps to pass onto the next cycle, and even if I do pass it seems the next cycle of these will seem almost impossible.

So what should I do? Just finish out the cycle and move on to the next one, but decrease my weight for this exercies, or keep the same weight I have now for the next cycle, or fail the cycle untill I can get it? "
    Stay where you are at. Check out the FAQs on the first page of the thread...kinda talks about this scenario.

Q16: So I have managed to complete all reps for all exercises on all workouts, except for the overhead press... I only managed to get 11 reps on the second work-set of week 5 heavy day for those... can I bump the weight up anyway for the next cycle? I mean come on, I only missed one rep... pretty please?
    A: You can already see by the sarcastic way the question above was phrased that the answer is going to be "no" you can only increase the weight for the next cycle by 10% if you manage to complete 12 reps for each work-set on heavy day of week 5. Not a single rep more, and not a single rep less. If you failed even a single rep, you will need to repeat the weight for that failed exercise for the duration of the entire next cycle (5 week period). This is a safe-guard designed to make sure you do not keep infinitely stalling on the same exercise and to give the involved muscles enough time to rest and recover for some more banging.

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Has anyone done this while cutting and succeed to move up in weights?
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Closed Thread
Page 209 of 333 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 309 ... LastLast