Closed Thread
Page 95 of 333 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 9967
    ckmtexas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Starting next Monday did my test lifts today.

Squat 250
    Bench 180
    BOR 145
    OHP 115
    SLDL 135
    Curls 70
    CR 250

excited to get started finally.

ThisNewKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The how do I know what weight I should be starting with link isn't working? I'm an absolute novice and want to start this program but have no idea what to start with? I'm 6ft2 74kg if that helps lol

steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ThisNewKid View Post
    The how do I know what weight I should be starting with link isn't working? I'm an absolute novice and want to start this program but have no idea what to start with? I'm 6ft2 74kg if that helps lol
    I cant post links, but look at the last page(page 94) the link is in fitbeyondforty's signature at the bottom of each of his posts.

chubbybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubbybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ckmtexas View Post
    Starting next Monday did my test lifts today.

Squat 250
    Bench 180
    BOR 145
    OHP 115
    SLDL 135
    Curls 70
    CR 250

excited to get started finally.
    You sure you should be doing this program?Your numbers are more than double mine straight off the bat:
    It doesnt seem fair. Please tell me you have experience in lifting and just felt the need to change up your program.
    Otherwise i need to hold my head down in shame with my start numbers .
    Anyways dont mind me,im just venting,
    I wish you luck buddy.

alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    C1W1D2 is history.... And the beat goes on
    Trample the weak...Conquer the strong...Hurdle the dead

Former 400+ Guy

Current Program: Cycle 4 of AllPro's beginner routine

Dec 1st - Mar 1st Transformation Participant

Starting Weight - 393.2 lbs (Dec 1st)
    Current Weight - 351.6 lbs (Feb 24th)
    ----------------------------------
    Total Weight Loss - 41.6 lbs

Ending Goal Weight: 340.0 lbs
    Ending Weight: ???

ckmtexas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chubbybones View Post
    You sure you should be doing this program?Your numbers are more than double mine straight off the bat:
    It doesnt seem fair. Please tell me you have experience in lifting and just felt the need to change up your program.
    Otherwise i need to hold my head down in shame with my start numbers .
    Anyways dont mind me,im just venting,
    I wish you luck buddy.
    Well im 5' 11" 250 so that's part of it. Also I did powerlifting and football during high school which lead to me having some strong numbers but I got hurt playing rugby about a year and a half ago and got in terrible shape and this is the program I decided to try and get back going in the right direction. I have lifted some off and on since then to keep from losing too much muscle mass but I have gained alot of fat and just need a lifting program that works reasonable well at a deficit.

Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MrSlippery View Post
    Calf raises will get easier, for me it took about 3 weeks before I felt more balanced. Like you when I first started I could barely do 2 reps without starting to fall over and having to reset. Just stick to it and you will be amazed in a few weeks, you will be wondering why your issue was when you started lol.

As for abs that is exactly what I do, at the end of each work out I do weighted crunches on the bench. Just hold the weight high on your chest and do a crunch. Do whatever feels comfortable in regards to what weight you us and like the other lifts you can up the reps week to week and weight at the end of a cycle.
    Haha all right, I'll try to hang in there. Though today I struggled even more to maintain my balance. This could be because i increased the weight by 50. Though that still feels too light for this exercise. I'm just afraid to pump it up much higher before I get the balancing act down.

krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Tupperwolf View Post
    Spending $6000 a year on some cheeky **** that makes you do burpees in the gym sounds like a bad decision to me.

This routine doesn't work the core enough? What a joke. A trainer telling you that should discredit everything he said before and after. Sure, there are plenty of other exercises you can do for the core, but for the beginners that this routine is designed for, that would be a mistake - IMO. Every exercise in here uses the core if you're using proper form, even bench press.
    +1 on the correct form

i did the BP based on the links here a few page back; with foot flat pushing outwards every bench-push and arched back, BP's a little bit easy now.
    Cycle: 1 | Starting Weight: 200lbs
    Cycle: 2 | Starting Weight: 192lbs (+1 week, i finished in 6wks)
    Cycle: 3 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (Could be the holidays), I am also taking Nitrotech
    Cycle: 4 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (+2weeks on C2W5 insufficient plates), using Muscletech

"ad astra per aspera"

KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I hate to break it to you but you did it wrong. You did way more than this routine calls for, I'm not surprised that it kicked your butt.

You should be doing TWO worksets of each exercise. The first three exercises (squats, bench, BORs) must have one warm-up set of 25% of your workset weight and one warmup set of 50% of your workset weight before you complete the two work sets at the full weight. If the 25% warmup is less than 45lbs it's OK to just use the bar at 45lbs.

You can do these warmup sets for the rest of the exercises if you like but it's not mandatory.

Let me break it down for you, assuming that you've properly calculated your weights this is what you should have done.

Squats:
    45x8x1
    80x8x1
    165x8x2

Bench:
    45x8x1
    90x2x1
    185x8x2

Bent Over Row:
    45x8x1
    55x8x1
    115x8x2

Over Head Press:
    105x8x2

Stiff Leg Dead Lift:
    165x8x2

Barbell Curl:
    75x8x2

Calf Raises:
    135x8x2
    Yea I just realized I did it wrong lol.

Back to the drawing board.
    "It's never too late to become what you might have been." -George Elliot

" Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. " - Arnold

Two things I remind myself of and use my previous attempts at weightloss and the failure of those attempts as motivation.

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Gained 1 pound already , this program rocks . Goal is 220 pounds and im already 210 . The hardest part is knowing how many carbs to eat since i used to weigh 150 pounds 4% fat 20 years ago and was hard gainer but now 41 im 210 pounds so metabolism is slower which is good cause wont need to eat the house.

ThisNewKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by steelmonkey View Post
    I cant post links, but look at the last page(page 94) the link is in fitbeyondforty's signature at the bottom of each of his posts.
    Thanks for that. I checked it out but I've never stepped foot in a gym where do I start ha ha?

Would the best bet be to just try some weights out and see how they feel?

FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for that. I checked it out but I've never stepped foot in a gym where do I start ha ha?

That's what I would do.

Take a few days of experimenting with the exercises. Try different weights. Once you think you have found a weight for each one that you can get around 10 reps with ( give or take), do the test. Then enter your reps and weight in the calculator. After you do that pick a start date and get to it.

Here is the link to the calculator. Bookmark it

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator
    There is no expiration date on being healthy.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bad migraine yesterday and couldn't lift. No big deal, just do two heavy days right? Damn it, I'm in week 5! Still sore from Monday! Today is gonna be tough.

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ericmmoore View Post
    Just don't want this to get lost in the abyss, anyone have any insight?
    The fact they told you that you NEED a personal trainer and a nutritionist to achieve your goals should've made you cancel your membership on the spot. That is pure BS. Specially today where you can do your own research? If they are giving you a free trial with a PT use that time to make sure your form is correct but stay on this routine! You are a beginner. I laughed when your trainer said you need to do "more compound exercises." WTF? 5 out of the 7 lifts in this program ARE compound lifts! YOU DON'T NEED MORE AS A BEGINNER!

Even if you have the money to burn and pay for this "need" you're better off spending it elsewhere.
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

wckdrbl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wckdrbl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wckdrbl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm on Cycle 5, Week 1, day 2(medium) and the program is getting really tuff. I'm afraid of squats, but I still push through them, like a boss! My lifts are listed below:

Squats 200
    Bench 165
    BoR 135
    OHP 115
    SLDL 135

Curls 80
    Calf Raise 200

I've gained 20 pounds since switching to the routine. I was fluxing between 170-175 and now I'm 190-195. So I'm really trying to pick up the cardio, but it's been tough after squat days...

heckofagator is on a distinguished road. (+10) heckofagator is on a distinguished road. (+10) heckofagator is on a distinguished road. (+10) heckofagator is on a distinguished road. (+10) heckofagator is on a distinguished road. (+10) heckofagator is on a distinguished road. (+10) heckofagator is on a distinguished road. (+10) heckofagator is on a distinguished road. (+10) heckofagator is on a distinguished road. (+10) heckofagator is on a distinguished road. (+10) heckofagator is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I actually lifted for a few months before technicaly starting this routine. I just guessed at the weights and eventually I knew what weight to start at for my first cycle.

I don't personally feel there's any problem starting a little bit light. I felt that I wanted to make it through the first few cycles before getting to a point where I was failing the lifts. If you finish a cycle (and it was just way too easy) and want to bump up the weight 15%-20% instead of the standard 10%, I also don't think that'd be a problem.

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ericmmoore View Post
    Just don't want this to get lost in the abyss, anyone have any insight?
    As others have said already, I will just reiterate it again. Honestly that personal trainer doesn't sound like he understands the program considering many of them are compound lifts. This is not to suggest some of the trainers methods are wrong however at the end of the day he wants your money. This program IS proven and has been shown time and time again that it works.

I would recommend you stick to the routine exactly as listed at minimum for 3 full cycles, if at that time you think you are not seeing results or want to add some things do it at that time. Please do not waste your money on a PT and nutritionist, you can gain all of the nutrition knowledge yourself from the many threads.

My opinion...worth the price charged
    Last edited by MrSlippery; 11-08-2012 at 06:34 AM.

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just experiment with weights you think you can do between 5 - 15 reps of, more importantly take your time to properly figure out what your 10 rep maxes are. If you really want to play it safe once you determine your 10RM drop those weights by 10% and start your first cycle, that way you can focus on proper form and completing all of the lifts.

Good luck!

Verbing Weirds Language Tupperwolf's Avatar
    Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Let me ask the opinion of y'all that have been doing this routine for a while...

BOR has always bothered me because I'm still not sure my original test gave me an accurate weight. I've never felt a lot of confidence about how I've been performing this particular lift.

I think I've been standing up a lot straighter that I should be to fully take advantage of this exercise. I did both of my warmup sets and my two work sets closer to 90* bent over than 45* today - I think I was actually in the habit of standing up slightly straighter than 45*, although it didn't feel like it. When I did a form check in the mirror today and bent over closer to 90*... Holy cow. My 50% warmup felt much tougher than usual and my 80% worksets were just about impossible (light day today). I was able to get about half of the set with decent form then started to struggle. My range of motion was probably more than double what I was performing before.

Considering how difficult my 80% lifts were today I think I'm going to drop the weight down a good 20 lbs and focus on strict form for the rest of this cycle. I just don't want to screw anything up.. But if I've been doing an exercise wrong it should be a no brainer to drop the weight and do it right, no?
    US Coast Guard ~ SEMPER PARATUS

FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Let me ask the opinion of y'all that have been doing this routine for a while...

BOR has always bothered me because I'm still not sure my original test gave me an accurate weight. I've never felt a lot of confidence about how I've been performing this particular lift.

I think I've been standing up a lot straighter that I should be to fully take advantage of this exercise. I did both of my warmup sets and my two work sets closer to 90* bent over than 45* today - I think I was actually in the habit of standing up slightly straighter than 45*, although it didn't feel like it. When I did a form check in the mirror today and bent over closer to 90*... Holy cow. My 50% warmup felt much tougher than usual and my 80% worksets were just about impossible (light day today). I was able to get about half of the set with decent form then started to struggle. My range of motion was probably more than double what I was performing before.

Considering how difficult my 80% lifts were today I think I'm going to drop the weight down a good 20 lbs and focus on strict form for the rest of this cycle. I just don't want to screw anything up.. But if I've been doing an exercise wrong it should be a no brainer to drop the weight and do it right, no?
    Absolutely. Once you use the proper form for any exercise it changes that lift.

If you can't do it with the proper form at the current weight then drop the weight. It will only help in the long run. Sounds like you were not hitting the right muscle group doing it the way you have been.

On a sad note. I am facing the reality of taking a break form the routine or at least a few of the lifts.

My elbow has started to give me trouble again. I cannot to OHP or curls with the proper form. BORs are also uncomfortable on my elbow.

It's really sore and I am starting to experience numbness along the inside edge of my thumb.

I may take a week off and reevaluate.
    There is no expiration date on being healthy.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.

stevebeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most of my lifting experience came from the tutoring of an older friend who really had no clue what he was doing. He didn't understand proteins or anything of that nature and completely brushed off leg workouts except for perhaps 2x a month when he had extra energy.

This is resulting me to ask a lot of 'newbie' questions, so here is another. What are your thoughts of gloves versus no gloves? I hear a lot of pros for no gloves, but haven't read much in support of gloves. Is it a big difference to lift with or without gloves or is this a minor issue based on preference?

Thanks!

Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Updating new lifts for week 1, Heavy Day...for next week...(forgot what cycle i'm on, lol)

SQUAT: 150lbs!

BENCH: 130lbs (repeating)

BOR: 125lbs (repeating)

SP: 80lbs (repeating)

SLDL: 165lbs!

BBCurls: 75lbs (repeating)

Cavles: Seated Machine

The cycle I just finished was definitely very difficult toward the end. And I would have been very happy to pass on Bench and BOR's. But it wasn't meant to be. Curls and SP I find very difficult. Overall, I got VERY close to completing the lifts. I think the next cycle will be more smooth sailing, up until the end of course.

At least I'm losing fat right now, which is definitely a good thing! I might not be getting stronger, but as long as I see changes in the mirror - that's what I'm pleased about.

During the next cycle, I also plan to CONTINUE to make mirror/scale progress...and any increases in strength I'll take as a bonus. But I swear, I am going to RIP THE FCUKING GYM APART...from this point...and onwards!!!

Overall, Yes...I'm happy to be making mirror progress...but there is always room for improvement, and I'm just going to keep on going until I am no longer a beginner!!!
    Last edited by Strong_1rd_Post; 11-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.

ultra1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just started cycle 3 and going very well.
    When it's time to stop this routine and try something different?
    it's good idea to do another routine after finishing cycle 4 or better after cycle 3?

I'm using 20 to 32.5 kg for my exercises it's not much but well i'm a beginner and I think this weights are ok for now.

Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by stevebeans View Post
    Most of my lifting experience came from the tutoring of an older friend who really had no clue what he was doing. He didn't understand proteins or anything of that nature and completely brushed off leg workouts except for perhaps 2x a month when he had extra energy.

This is resulting me to ask a lot of 'newbie' questions, so here is another. What are your thoughts of gloves versus no gloves? I hear a lot of pros for no gloves, but haven't read much in support of gloves. Is it a big difference to lift with or without gloves or is this a minor issue based on preference?

Thanks!
    Personally, I don't like wearing gloves. Infact, they tend to make my grip worse. Instead, I like using wrist straps - but only when I need them (which is usually the last few reps on my 2nd set of SLDL's...so I just wear them for the 2nd set, and then don't use them at all).

Without gloves, my hands are better able to 'get around' and grip the bar. With gloves, this is slightly restricted. That's me though. I'm not sure if there is a wrong or right. Just go with what feels comfortable I guess?

Originally Posted by ultra1993 View Post
    Just started cycle 3 and going very well.
    When it's time to stop this routine and try something different?
    it's good idea to do another routine after finishing cycle 4 or better after cycle 3?

I'm using 20 to 32.5 kg for my exercises it's not much but well i'm a beginner and I think this weights are ok for now.
    I'm on cycle 5 (or 6, i dunno...lost count). But I'm gonna keep going, until I can meet all pro's strength standards for intermediate lifting. Which is to be able to Squat 2x your body weight, and bench 1.5x your body weight. It will take a very long time for me...but I'm simply addicted to this routine, and will probably begin bulking on it, as soon as i finish this cut.

smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Strong_1rd_Post View Post
    I'm on cycle 5 (or 6, i dunno...lost count). But I'm gonna keep going, until I can meet all pro's strength standards for intermediate lifting. Which is to be able to Squat 2x your body weight, and bench 1.5x your body weight. It will take a very long time for me...but I'm simply addicted to this routine, and will probably begin bulking on it, as soon as i finish this cut.
    That's squatting 2x you 1RM, not your 10RM, right? Seem to recall that... Not sure many people would make it to 2x their weight for 10 reps ;-)

scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Strong_1rd_Post View Post
    Personally, I don't like wearing gloves. Infact, they tend to make my grip worse. Instead, I like using wrist straps - but only when I need them (which is usually the last few reps on my 2nd set of SLDL's...so I just wear them for the 2nd set, and then don't use them at all).

Without gloves, my hands are better able to 'get around' and grip the bar. With gloves, this is slightly restricted. That's me though. I'm not sure if there is a wrong or right. Just go with what feels comfortable I guess?
    +1 on this. I've noticed from the last 2-3 months that my forearm definition has changed quite a bit and I would have to attribute that to holding, pushing & pulling a loaded bar.

scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think I've been standing up a lot straighter that I should be to fully take advantage of this exercise. I did both of my warmup sets and my two work sets closer to 90* bent over than 45* today - I think I was actually in the habit of standing up slightly straighter than 45*, although it didn't feel like it.
    Ahh geez...I thought we were supposed to stand bent at a 45* and pull to the bottom of the rib cage? No?

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FitBeyondForty View Post
    Absolutely. Once you use the proper form for any exercise it changes that lift.

If you can't do it with the proper form at the current weight then drop the weight. It will only help in the long run. Sounds like you were not hitting the right muscle group doing it the way you have been.

On a sad note. I am facing the reality of taking a break form the routine or at least a few of the lifts.

My elbow has started to give me trouble again. I cannot to OHP or curls with the proper form. BORs are also uncomfortable on my elbow.

It's really sore and I am starting to experience numbness along the inside edge of my thumb.

I may take a week off and reevaluate.
    Yea man I feel your pain (well, not literally). I just began cycle 2 last night after having to take 1 1/2 weeks off due to a strained lower back (for bending over to pick up the newspaper!). This is what keeps me from being consistent (injuries). Seems like for every 2 steps I take forward I take 2 steps back! Definitely frustrating! Why do we lift again? :-)
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Verbing Weirds Language Tupperwolf's Avatar
    Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by scubahsteve View Post
    Ahh geez...I thought we were supposed to stand bent at a 45* and pull to the bottom of the rib cage? No?
    I think 45* is ok. As I mentioned I think I was standing up somewhat straighter than this (no mirror in the area where I do my BORs).

I moved to a mirror today to check my form from front and side.

I'm going to try to keep my form closer to this:
    US Coast Guard ~ SEMPER PARATUS

Closed Thread
Page 95 of 333 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast