Closed Thread
Page 322 of 333 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,660 of 9967
    1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    can someone clarify a few things up for me? it says 4 sets, but yet only the first 3 excercises have 4 sets including the warm up sets, so by 4 sets are they only talking about the first 3 excercises? also by in order what do they mean? say for squats, you do your first warm up set with 8 reps, then wait 20 seconds just standing around, then do another warm up set with 8 reps and wait 40 seconds then do your work set, 40 seconds standing around, then another work set then just repeat with bench press? am i accurate there?

Defgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
    1. I had to break form on my curls last cycle, I completed 12 reps, but the last 3-4 were 'cheat' curls. I'm just going to redo them at the same weight. If I were you, I'd either just redo the OHP at the same weight OR increase them by only 5% or less. For the compound lifts I wouldn't do any 'cheat' reps, or you can cause injury.

2. If you fail at week 4, continue week 5 as normal anyway, if you complete the reps at week 5 you progress as normal. If you fail week 4 and 5, you need to redo that weight. (I read this somewhere by All Pro, this isn't just my thoughts).
    Thanks. My heavy day was challenging for a few of the exercises, and it's only week 2 for me. I got through it, but barely (though lack of sleep was a factor, as well as something I ate that didn't sit well with me the night before). I'll keep this in mind.

mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 1SickKunt View Post
    can someone clarify a few things up for me? it says 4 sets, but yet only the first 3 excercises have 4 sets including the warm up sets, so by 4 sets are they only talking about the first 3 excercises? also by in order what do they mean? say for squats, you do your first warm up set with 8 reps, then wait 20 seconds just standing around, then do another warm up set with 8 reps and wait 40 seconds then do your work set, 40 seconds standing around, then another work set then just repeat with bench press? am i accurate there?
    Rest 60-90 seconds between heavy sets, and 30-60 seconds for warm up sets.

Yes, just do warm up sets for first 3 exercises (so 2 warm up sets at 25% and 50% total weight, then 2 work sets at 100% and 100% weight), and last 4 exercises, just do 2 work sets (100% and 100%).

Defgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 1SickKunt View Post
    The first three exercises (squats, bench press, bent over rows) you do a total of 4 sets. 2 warm-up sets (1 with 1/4 of your work weight, and 1 with 1/2 of your work weight), and 2 work sets with your full weight.

The rest of the exercises, you just do 2 work sets with your work weight. No warm up required according to the faq.

So, for instance, right now I'm squatting 110. So, if I'm using the bar, I do a warm up set with just the bar (45 lbs., not exactly 1/4, but I prefer that over the smith machine or dumbells). Then I wait about 30 seconds or so then do another warm up with just the bar (again, it's not exactly half the weight. if I can find some small plates right away I'll add them for the second warm up set). Then I wait another 30 seconds or so, load up the bar to 110, then do a work set. I generally wait 1 minute after a work set, though if it felt tough, I'll wait a bit longer, up to a minute and a half. Then I do another work set and move on to bench press (and so on).

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
    Honestly, if it's available to you, go see a doctor about it. It may end up being nothing, but if it isn't nothing, I wouldn't ignore it. Generally pain is the key signal if something is wrong, but a buzzing doesn't sound normal.

Disclaimer: I'm a noob to lifting and not a doctor.
    Buzzing in the knee? Sounds downright weird to me!
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Been out of shape for a long time but want to try this. Never DLed or squatted before (used unilateral exercises) because my form was terrible (legs cave in, back rounding). I assume it's a combination of weakness/tight muscles and idk what to do. I want to do them but don't want to get hurt (lower back always hurt after attempting DLs and squats). Any advice?

noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Anteeke View Post
    I don't think your whole arm should be sore from SLDL, maybe just your grip of your hands. But then again it might depend on how long you've been lifting.
    i do have weak grips. i will be doing c1w5, but as early as testing for my 10RM, i've noticed that my hands were quite sore after SLDL. i've read that the entire arm compensates for weak grips, so they can become sore just by holding on to weights, not necessarily lifting.

I'll start lifting later. tential's Avatar
    tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
    The first three exercises (squats, bench press, bent over rows) you do a total of 4 sets. 2 warm-up sets (1 with 1/4 of your work weight, and 1 with 1/2 of your work weight), and 2 work sets with your full weight.

The rest of the exercises, you just do 2 work sets with your work weight. No warm up required according to the faq.

So, for instance, right now I'm squatting 110. So, if I'm using the bar, I do a warm up set with just the bar (45 lbs., not exactly 1/4, but I prefer that over the smith machine or dumbells). Then I wait about 30 seconds or so then do another warm up with just the bar (again, it's not exactly half the weight. if I can find some small plates right away I'll add them for the second warm up set). Then I wait another 30 seconds or so, load up the bar to 110, then do a work set. I generally wait 1 minute after a work set, though if it felt tough, I'll wait a bit longer, up to a minute and a half. Then I do another work set and move on to bench press (and so on).
    To elaborate, you can do warm up sets on the ones where it isn't required. Considering this work out isn't long, I'll usually do the warm up sets, especially on Day 1.

Registered User thousandreasons's Avatar
    thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Have I gotten too fat?

Hey guys,

Been on 3 cycles now of All Pros. Can you check my pics and see if you think im gaining to quick? Gone from 80kg (176lbs) to 90kg (198lbs) in the space of 4 months but also started taking creatine so am sure that some of that weight is from that...

http://imgur.com/MuugBjC

Some context:

1st pic is December last year. From there I went on a cut and ended up at 80kg (2nd pic). 3rd pic is 2 months into bulk and 4th pic is 4 months in...

Stats: 6 ft 1' 90kg (198lbs)
    Strength has increased.

Been eating at about 3000 cals daily but there have been days where I go off my macros at times..

Any advice on where to from here?
    Pursuing NZ Aesthetics.

RIP Zyzz, gone but not forgotten brah.

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148951783

Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thousandreasons,

Looking at your pics it appears that you have put on a bit more fat than you should have. Are you sure that you are at around 3000 calories and are you tracking them. Go to the nutritional stickies and figure out your macros and make sure you are hitting your protein and fat requirements. If you truly are eating at 3000 cals per day then I would back off to 2500-2750 kCal and see what kind of gain you make in 4 weeks. To lean bulk you should try to gain 2-3 lbs per month. This should minimize fat gain.

It appears that you may have put on about 10 extra lbs of fat during these 4 months which at some point you will want to take back off. No sense putting any extra on and then have to work to take it off.

Keep up the work.

thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Mainer215 View Post
    Thousandreasons,

Looking at your pics it appears that you have put on a bit more fat than you should have. Are you sure that you are at around 3000 calories and are you tracking them. Go to the nutritional stickies and figure out your macros and make sure you are hitting your protein and fat requirements. If you truly are eating at 3000 cals per day then I would back off to 2500-2750 kCal and see what kind of gain you make in 4 weeks. To lean bulk you should try to gain 2-3 lbs per month. This should minimize fat gain.

It appears that you may have put on about 10 extra lbs of fat during these 4 months which at some point you will want to take back off. No sense putting any extra on and then have to work to take it off.

Keep up the work.
    Thanks for the reply. I figured I had put on a bit more fat than is ideal. I haven't been tracking my macros closely enough and I am the only one to blame.

Gonna slow the bulk down then because I wasn't planning on cutting till October (in time to be lean for summer in NZ). Think I'm gonna stick with my current calculated macros and follow them much closer and adjust from there..

Thanks again, anymore input from others is much appreciated!
    Pursuing NZ Aesthetics.

tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am about 1/2 way through the 1st cycle (on 10 reps this week) and my weight loss just this week has been rapid. I have been doing this now for about 3 weeks-ish and definitely seen me go from about 419 to 406 in those 3 weeks (last week my body played tricks on me) and probably by Sunday it will be at 405 or even 404. I love this program, it absolutely wears me out after my cardio session. Cant wait to see what kind of fat loss cycle 2 will bring.

My work set weight seems light given my weight, but I am much weaker than I figured, But i'm sure i'm "feelin' stronger everyday"

Originally Posted by tonyflo04 View Post
    I am about 1/2 way through the 1st cycle (on 10 reps this week) and my weight loss just this week has been rapid. I have been doing this now for about 3 weeks-ish and definitely seen me go from about 419 to 406 in those 3 weeks (last week my body played tricks on me) and probably by Sunday it will be at 405 or even 404. I love this program, it absolutely wears me out after my cardio session. Cant wait to see what kind of fat loss cycle 2 will bring.

My work set weight seems light given my weight, but I am much weaker than I figured, But i'm sure i'm "feelin' stronger everyday"
    Good stuff man, keep it up! If I could just jump in and recommend something though, I'd do the cardio after the lifting sessions if I were you.
    Pursuing NZ Aesthetics.

tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thousandreasons View Post
    Good stuff man, keep it up! If I could just jump in and recommend something though, I'd do the cardio after the lifting sessions if I were you.
    curious...does it matter where i do the cardio...or will being semi-gassed after cardio affect my weight routine? I almost feel the 45mins (about 3.5 miles) on the elliptical trainer stretches me out for the weights.

tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lui8906 View Post
    Hey guys,

Every now and then during or after squats I feel a slight "buzz/numbness" in my right knee. It is NOT painful, its kind of hard to describe (maybe a little like pins and needles). Anyway I had it after my heavy workout on Monday. And now I've got my Medium workout tonight and can feel it a little bit. I'm very conscious of not wanting to injure myself and am wondering firstly, what is causing this "buzz", could it be poor form (is this how knee injury feels before it is fully blown)? And secondly I'm thinking it is best to either just do warmup squats tonight or should I drop them altogether and see if it goes away?

Thanks brahs.
    Give it a couple days rest. You can repeat the same weight in the same cycle.

The problem has got to be your posture. Post a video of your squat and let some of the seniors in the PL/Strongmen section critique it.

Also not all men/women are created equal so one person's good form will be another's bad form. You have to find a form that is natural to you, or that gives you no pain.

I would also suggest a Knee Sleeve. I use one, not a wrap. The wrap is for heavy lifting. Also use the sleeve only when you have pain otherwise you will be dependent on it.

I had knee pain in the beginning and I squat heavy (daily weight linear progression) thrice a week during my normal programming.
    1) A wider stance helped me.
    2) Point your toes out in the most natural position that you feel such that when you squat, it doesn't put undue pressure on the ankle
    3) Never let you knees wobble or let the knees cave it. You need to always push your knees outward.
    4) Always squat in a Chuck Taylor on ( or one of those professional squatting shoes)
    5) When you squat, make sure that the weigh lies on the heel and outer part of the heel. You can curl up your toes to practice.
    6) Do some Hip Mobility exercises (Youtube Hip mobility or Agile 6) as well. This will help in the overall squat, not necessarily the knee

I only squat about 290 but I have read and asked a lot. And also watched a lot of videos, and I have had several bouts of injuries. :-)

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Potential stupid question, but what's the difference between a knee sleeve and a knee wrap, especially in how they function? I use this:

when squatting, or jogging.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    curious...does it matter where i do the cardio...or will being semi-gassed after cardio affect my weight routine? I almost feel the 45mins (about 3.5 miles) on the elliptical trainer stretches me out for the weights.
    The program doesn't have you doing cardio the same day as you lift. Its weight lifting three days then on non lifting days you can do cardio/abs. If you want to do cardio on the same day I would do it after lifting (as per thousandreasons). You should be taking it easy the day before your heavy day (i.e. no cardio); just focus on your calorie intake for that day. Keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by clarkecm View Post
    The program doesn't have you doing cardio the same day as you lift. Its weight lifting three days then on non lifting days you can do cardio/abs. If you want to do cardio on the same day I would do it after lifting (as per thousandreasons). You should be taking it easy the day before your heavy day (i.e. no cardio); just focus on your calorie intake for that day. Keep up the good work.
    I dig.

I just love how it feels after 45 minutes on that infernal elliptical. I'll try a changeup when I get to 12 reps, see what happens.

tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tontyx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have both. I have an LP one but with Velcro and I also have heavy duty wraps
    The wraps actually are suppose to help you squat more, but it is for really heavy squats I guess. like 450-500+, because It is damn too tight and hard for light squat. You can't wear it for a long time either, like 8-10 reps, from my experience.

The sleeve is good to keep the knee warm and give light support

Originally Posted by FitnessFan76 View Post
    Potential stupid question, but what's the difference between a knee sleeve and a knee wrap, especially in how they function? I use this:

when squatting, or jogging.

I dig.

I just love how it feels after 45 minutes on that infernal elliptical. I'll try a changeup when I get to 12 reps, see what happens.
    Do it after you finish the weight work out, if you still have any energy left. It also helps burn more fat #broscience but it worked for me

Originally Posted by tontyx View Post
    I have both. I have an LP one but with Velcro and I also have heavy duty wraps
    The wraps actually are suppose to help you squat more, but it is for really heavy squats I guess. like 450-500+, because It is damn too tight and hard for light squat. You can't wear it for a long time either, like 8-10 reps, from my experience.

The sleeve is good to keep the knee warm and give light support
    My LP one is velcro. It was marketed as a 'knee support'; I was having some discomfort while jogging but upon buying that, the discomfort disappeared! Then when I went to the gym, the trainer noticed it and said that I should wear it to the gym as well, especially when squatting.

I'm squatting 42.5kg right now (ten rep max). That's not much in the grand scheme of things I know, but to me it feels very heavy!!

cannman11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cannman11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cannman11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cannman11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cannman11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cannman11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cannman11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cannman11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cannman11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cannman11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cannman11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Quick question as I just started this program this week. I'll be completing the first 2 weeks no problem but due to prior engagements I won't be able to lift for a week (week 3, 10 reps). I assume I just continue on with the program as normal and do my 10 rep week the week I get back (week 4) but wanted to see if there were any other thoughts.

Speed707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Form check videos

Hey guys I just started this program as well and I am having some trouble with my squats. Can you please take a look at my form, I have posted my videos in a thread here but can`t post the link due to my post count. Please search the thread title - Doing AllPro Routine, please help me with my form for the main exercises, i.e squats?

Thanks!

HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good evening gentlemen, I have a n00b question about this program.

First off, I know All Pro says not to fudge with his program, do it as its laid out.

Here is my thing, its taken me to lose 140 lbs and a butt load of effort to finally be able to do unassisted body weight exercises like dips,chinups, and pullups. These three exercises were my goal when I lost my weight, I went from 350 to 215 in a year and a half, it took me almost six months to be able to do 6 unassisted pullups,12 chinups, 11 dips. Now I would like to start All Pro's beginner routine.

I want to be still able to do the chinups or pullups, do you guys think they can be worked in All Pro's routine somehow? I did a google search and didn't find a worthy post about this question.

Thank you guys in advance for help/responses.

Speed707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HILMAN76 View Post

First off, I know All Pro says not to fudge with his program, do it as its laid out.

Here is my thing, its taken me to lose 140 lbs and a butt load of effort to finally be able to do unassisted body weight exercises like dips,chinups, and pullups. These three exercises were my goal when I lost my weight, I went from 350 to 215 in a year and a half, it took me almost six months to be able to do 6 unassisted pullups,12 chinups, 11 dips. Now I would like to start All Pro's beginner routine.

I want to be still able to do the chinups or pullups, do you guys think they can be worked in All Pro's routine somehow? I did a google search and didn't find a worthy post about this question.

Same here, I want to-do chin-ups instead of curls, specifically the Armstrong pull-up program, with chin-ups instead.

Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HILMAN76 View Post

Before I started All Pro's (and for the first couple of weeks) I was doing chin/pull ups. I stopped doing them for 4 Cycles. I've just started doing them again. They haven't suffered at all, I can still do them the same way even though I've not done one for about 4 months.

If you want my advice do the programme as it's laid out for at least 1 cycle and then add in the chins. That way you can get a feel for the main lifts, recover properly and make some progress. There's time for chins later. You can always do a random few chins here and there to keep the old muscle memory alive......

PS congrats on dropping 140lbs that's quite some achievement. With that kind of dedication you should kill this routine!
    Last edited by Jimmer74; 06-13-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Add some props!

HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jimmer74 View Post
    Before I started All Pro's (and for the first couple of weeks) I was doing chin/pull ups. I stopped doing them for 4 Cycles. I've just started doing them again. They haven't suffered at all, I can still do them the same way even though I've not done one for about 4 months.

If you want my advice do the programme as it's laid out for at least 1 cycle and then add in the chins. That way you can get a feel for the main lifts, recover properly and make some progress. There's time for chins later. You can always do a random few chins here and there to keep the old muscle memory alive......

PS congrats on dropping 140lbs that's quite some achievement. With that kind of dedication you should kill this routine!

Thank you sir, and repped!

clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkecm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cannman11 View Post
    Quick question as I just started this program this week. I'll be completing the first 2 weeks no problem but due to prior engagements I won't be able to lift for a week (week 3, 10 reps). I assume I just continue on with the program as normal and do my 10 rep week the week I get back (week 4) but wanted to see if there were any other thoughts.
    I would just pick up where you left off. Try and fit some body weight stuff in during your week off.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For all the guys asking, "Can I change this, or add something else, or do this differently..." -

You can do whatever you want, but don't kid yourself into thinking you are still following a highly successful, professionally designed program. You will just be doing another (most likely) waste of time broscience program. This program has yielded successful results for thousands of people for years now. Why come in and try to "outsmart" it? You've been an out of shape wimp for years now, so why not give this program six months and see if it works for you too?

Originally Posted by GKC45 View Post
    For all the guys asking, "Can I change this, or add something else, or do this differently..." -

You can do whatever you want, but don't kid yourself into thinking you are still following a highly successful, professionally designed program. You will just be doing another (most likely) waste of time broscience program. This program has yielded successful results for thousands of people for years now. Why come in and try to "outsmart" it? You've been an out of shape wimp for years now, so why not give this program six months and see if it works for you too?
    Agreed, i never liked squats, even when I played FB i hated them. Now I see the benefit of a squat over leg presses. I love all of the exercises and may change up my sequence next week and do my cardio last to see how I feel. I started this my 2nd week of my weight loss journey (I was 419 on 20 May 2013) now on 13 June, <1 month later I am at about 405-406ish depending when I weigh. by the time i finish the 5 week cycle I may be sub 400 and I was not expecting that for about 2 months. I love this, and with my cutting diet I have a good feeling about this.

Closed Thread
Page 322 of 333 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 ... LastLast