Closed Thread
Page 110 of 333 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 9967
    BuildingBrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Oscvr View Post
    sorry about that barely getting the hang of this. since I'am new I'am not allowed to post pics. but i weigh 170 and would like to get to 160 im not looking to bulk and go up to 180 just want to be lean and flat belly. i would like a good daily meal plan to get me in the right direction using this work out routine
    no one is going to hand you the answers on this one i'm afraid, i've spent alot of time trying to figure out all the information behind proper diet, it's all there just start looking.

this routine has been proven solid, get into the nutrition forums and read up, build yourself a plan and adjust it through trial and error. i'm int he trial and error stage at the moment.

Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    No bicep curls? Upright rows are pretty bad for causing shoulder impingement imo
    Originally Posted by FattyMcTubbs View Post
    Yes, correct, but people will continue to switch to them because they are recommended so highly ITT.
    If done correctly, damage will be minimal, but no one discusses what the correct form is.
    I was having the same issues/pain but switching to an ez-curl bar made a world of a difference. Now the only pain I get is muscle fatigue aka DAT PUMP

brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Oscvr View Post
    sorry about that barely getting the hang of this. since I'am new I'am not allowed to post pics. but i weigh 170 and would like to get to 160 im not looking to bulk and go up to 180 just want to be lean and flat belly. i would like a good daily meal plan to get me in the right direction using this work out routine
    Unfortunately it's what BuildingBrass said, you need to read as much in the nutrition section as possible. Start with the stickies and learn the basics about micro/macronutrients, counting calories, PCF, eating clean etc

Even if we were to build you a diet, it doesn't take anything into account about you personally.

If you're not too interested in muscle mass, I've known plenty of people that have just done cardio, ate clean and lifting weights to lean out, not paying any attention to anything much really.

Not saying this will work for you and not saying it won't. But if you just wanna lean out and look like an average skinny riped guy not worrying about muscles, if it were me I would be doing what I mentioned above. When you wanna start worrying about muscle mass is when it gets more complicated

All just my opinion, there will be and probably are many people in this thread alone that would disagree with me but it sounds like you just want a quick easy road to being ripped without muscle mass.

Originally Posted by BuildingBrass View Post
    no one is going to hand you the answers on this one i'm afraid, i've spent alot of time trying to figure out all the information behind proper diet, it's all there just start looking.

this routine has been proven solid, get into the nutrition forums and read up, build yourself a plan and adjust it through trial and error. i'm int he trial and error stage at the moment.
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kottermode View Post
    I was having the same issues/pain but switching to an ez-curl bar made a world of a difference. Now the only pain I get is muscle fatigue aka DAT PUMP
    Never used an EZ curl bar in my life, but I have wondered and eyed it off quite a bit. Many people seem to love it... do you guys use it with a preacher bench or standing?
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1) 1:30 is on the higher side of wait time, you should sufficiently recover for you next set within 1min - 1:30, there was something in the original posts that spoke about 30secs being enough between the warm up sets and 1 - 1:30 for working sets. whatever works for you really but 2-3 min for me is like an eternity.

2) As the original thread goes, if you can't do 3 workouts in 1 week then do 2 heavy days. so Friday do another heavy day. your not going to loose strength in 4 days so just do your Tuesday, but if your that worried the do MWF and then redo your TTS schedule.

TMW "Do wateva the FU*K you wanna do"
    The original post says 1 minute between warm-ups, 1:30 between work sets. So that's what I do. I was refering to rest periods only between separate exercises though, but I guess it's no different than between sets.

Also should have been more clear. I do sun-heavy, tue-medium, thu-light. So I've already done heavy and medium for the week. Doing another heavy on Friday would make it 2 heavy days and a 1 med day for the week... followed by one day rest before ANOTHER heavy (test day) on sun. I think that'd be pushing it a bit. Damnit maybe I'll just re-do week 4 next week. Effin turkeys are effin my **** up.

BuildingBrass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tbo27 View Post
    The original post says 1 minute between warm-ups, 1:30 between work sets. So that's what I do. I was refering to rest periods only between separate exercises though, but I guess it's no different than between sets.

Also should have been more clear. I do sun-heavy, tue-medium, thu-light. So I've already done heavy and medium for the week. Doing another heavy on Friday would make it 2 heavy days and a 1 med day for the week... followed by one day rest before ANOTHER heavy (test day) on sun. I think that'd be pushing it a bit. Damnit maybe I'll just re-do week 4 next week. Effin turkeys are effin my **** up.
    yeah i just go over to the new exercise and do the warm ups within a min which give you plenty of time to recover for the working sets. For the other exercises with no warm ups just judge it as you will. 1:30 should still be enough for your body to recover. you know your body, do what you need.

fair enough, then yeah your in a bit of a pickle, you'd be best to lift a light day and then see how you went on Monday, tbh this program is a slow gradual plan so repeating a week in the grand scheme of things is not so bad. better then failing a heavy day and repeat 5 week cycle on some lifts.
    Last edited by BuildingBrass; 11-20-2012 at 09:02 PM.

tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbo27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah i just go over to the new exercise and do the warm ups within a min which give you plenty of time to recover for the working sets. For the other exercises with no warm ups just judge it as you will. 1:30 should still be enough for your body to recover. you know your body, do what you need.

fair enough, then yeah your in a bit of a pickle, you'd be best to lift a light day and then see how you went on Monday, tbh this program is a slow gradual plan so repeating a week in the grand scheme of things is not so bad. better then failing a heavy day and repeat 5 week cycle on some lifts.
    Yaa that's what I was thinking. Thanks man.

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First of all, thanks to All-Pro and everyone else that answers questions and helps out here, it's much appreciated. After stalking these threads for a while I decided to start the program, and am on Cycle 1, Week 4.

I just have a couple of questions that i'd appreciate any advice on.

1) As far as rest time between sets goes, I usually wait 1 minute between warm-up sets and 1:30 between work sets as stated. But how long should I be waiting between exercises? I have been keeping it at 1:30 since I haven't seen anything saying otherwise, but it's getting pretty taxing. Would it be unacceptable to wait, say, 2-3 min between exercises?

2) I workout Sun, Tue, Thu. I had my Cycle 1, w4d2 today (tue). Can't workout Thu because of thanksgiving, so trying to decide what to do. My plan is to do my light day Fri, and just start week 5 on Mon, working out MWF next week. Anybody have any other suggestions? I just want to make sure i'm at the top of my game for my heavy day next week... I really REALLY want to hit all 12 reps on all the exercises, and it's gonna be tough.

Thanks in advance for any input!
    Don't do two heavy days if your going to run sun tue thurs of next week, you won't have two days recovery between the heavy sets and as your going into week 5 it would be a bad idea. I would either do light day on fri and go mon we'd fri for week 5 and then two days heavy of week 1 next cycle to bring you back into your sun tue thur routine. Or alternatively just miss the light workout and start week 5 on sun as normal.

CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000)
    benching your own body weight straight off the bat is pretty intense, you mustn't have stopped lifting all so long ago, or your a strong dude. your doing so many compound lifts to build up everything at a slow steady rate, so it's possible the taxing nature of other lifts are hurting your bench at the moment.

I'd say check your form, see how this cycle goes, if you fail again, maybe try deload and drop the bench by 10% for the next cycle.
    Thanks for the tip. It's been nearly 8 years since I lifted (back in HS wrestling), but I continued pushups and pullups throughout the years. I am looking to put some mass back on though after recently losing some weight. This program seems great for a nice slow bulk.

FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CharvelSoCal View Post
    Thanks to all the regular contributors in this thread! I've recently gotten back into lifting and this program (and all the info) has been great. I do have a question though when some of you reference "things evening out" with respect to starting too heavy/light on some lifts. I am currently on Cycle 3, Week 2. I failed on the bench on my last test day (endurance set, last 2 reps). Bench was probably my strongest lift starting out (benching around my own weight), while other lifts like squats were much less (comparatively). Could this be things just "evening out"--or is something else meant by that phrase?
    Did you test your 10 rep max correctly? What are your heavy day weights for this cycle?

Failing a lift on test day is not the end of the world. It sucks, but it happens..lol

The term "things will even them selves out" means that as you progress through the routine your lifts will fall in line. It could be that you fail some on test days and passing others on test days. The weight of your lifts will balance out.

I have seen some people start with a really high squat weight and low BP weight....after a few cycles, the numbers were more in line.

Keep it up!

First of all, thanks to All-Pro and everyone else that answers questions and helps out here, it's much appreciated. After stalking these threads for a while I decided to start the program, and am on Cycle 1, Week 4.

I just have a couple of questions that i'd appreciate any advice on.

1) As far as rest time between sets goes, I usually wait 1 minute between warm-up sets and 1:30 between work sets as stated. But how long should I be waiting between exercises? I have been keeping it at 1:30 since I haven't seen anything saying otherwise, but it's getting pretty taxing. Would it be unacceptable to wait, say, 2-3 min between exercises?

2) I workout Sun, Tue, Thu. I had my Cycle 1, w4d2 today (tue). Can't workout Thu because of thanksgiving, so trying to decide what to do. My plan is to do my light day Fri, and just start week 5 on Mon, working out MWF next week. Anybody have any other suggestions? I just want to make sure i'm at the top of my game for my heavy day next week... I really REALLY want to hit all 12 reps on all the exercises, and it's gonna be tough.

Thanks in advance for any input!
    1) Rest time between exercises should be no longer than 1:30. Ideally you should start the new exercise as soon are set up for it.

The fact it taxing is a good thing. This routine is also meant to help with endurance. If you are resting longer than what is written in the program, you are not passing those lifts.

2) You can't set aside 45min to hit your Thurs session??? If you absolutely can't, your plan for this week looks fine to me seeing as you have already got your heavy and med days in. Do your light day Friday and start the next cycle Monday. In the future, if you know you might have trouble getting all three days in when you should, you can do two heavy days two days apart. This should not be made a habit of though.
    There is no expiration date on being healthy.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator

CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000) CharvelSoCal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FitBeyondForty View Post
    Did you test your 10 rep max correctly? What are your heavy day weights for this cycle?

Failing a lift on test day is not the end of the world. It sucks, but it happens..lol

The term "things will even them selves out" means that as you progress through the routine your lifts will fall in line. It could be that you fail some on test days and passing others on test days. The weight of your lifts will balance out.

I have seen some people start with a really high squat weight and low BP weight....after a few cycles, the numbers were more in line.

Keep it up!
    Heavy weights are as follows this cycle:

Squats - 105
    Bench - 115
    Bent Over Rows - 105
    OHP - 55
    SLDL - 115
    Curls - 50
    Calf Raises - 135

I did the 10 rep max correctly (and rounded down a tad on bench actually). Seems like it could be things evening out, or just an off day. Thanks for reply!

smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squats - 105
    Bench - 115
    Bent Over Rows - 105
    OHP - 55
    SLDL - 115
    Curls - 50
    Calf Raises - 135

I did the 10 rep max correctly (and rounded down a tad on bench actually). Seems like it could be things evening out, or just an off day. Thanks for reply!
    Make sure you're doing SLDLs correctly... There are videos posted a few pages back. It's a little odd your squats are so weak, but your SLDLs are fairly high. As AllPro stated in the threads a long time ago, it's a lighter exercise with emphasis on feeling it in the hamstrings.

Originally Posted by smitty67 View Post
    Make sure you're doing SLDLs correctly... There are videos posted a few pages back. It's a little odd your squats are so weak, but your SLDLs are fairly high. As AllPro stated in the threads a long time ago, it's a lighter exercise with emphasis on feeling it in the hamstrings.
    Thanks - I did make sure I was doing SLDL correctly. I do my squats with a narrow stance, and go below parallel if that makes a difference. The squats were really tough starting out for me for whatever reason.

FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Squats - 105
    Bench - 115
    Bent Over Rows - 105
    OHP - 55
    SLDL - 115
    Curls - 50
    Calf Raises - 135

Your lifts look pretty uniform with the exception of your squats which are unusually low. That said, everyone is different. Looking again, your calf raises are on the lower side too. Maybe you just have weaker legs than most??

Keep at it. You will see improvement soon enough.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Squats - 105
    Bench - 115
    Bent Over Rows - 105
    OHP - 55
    SLDL - 115
    Curls - 50
    Calf Raises - 135

Your squats do seem low however as others have said everyone is different. Certainly could have just been an off day, however in time your squat will pass your bench and continue outpacing it as you progress.

1) Rest time between exercises should be no longer than 1:30. Ideally you should start the new exercise as soon are set up for it.

The fact it taxing is a good thing. This routine is also meant to help with endurance. If you are resting longer than what is written in the program, you are not passing those lifts.

2) You can't set aside 45min to hit your Thurs session??? If you absolutely can't, your plan for this week looks fine to me seeing as you have already got your heavy and med days in. Do your light day Friday and start the next cycle Monday. In the future, if you know you might have trouble getting all three days in when you should, you can do two heavy days two days apart. This should not be made a habit of though.
    Not an issue of time, issue of the gym being closed. I should have thought ahead, i knew the do-2-heavy-days-if-you-need-to-miss-a-workout rule, it just didn't occur to me they were gonna be closed. As for the sets, i'll keep that in mind and be sure not to go over those times. It's the endurance part of the program that's really starting to kick my ass, especially this week and I'm sure next week. Kinda looking forward to reseting back down to 8 reps again. Not used to the high reps and short rest time after doing SS for a bit. But hey no complaining here, I'm sure my body will get used to it soon enough.

iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have to practice how to do SLDL properly... oh, and the Bent Over Row as well. I just feel as if I'm not doing these exercises right, then I get pissed off the gym. I keep watching video's OVER and OVER, then I hit the gym and completely forget how to do them properly. Having social anxiety doesn't help either... I feel uncomfortable around people, but I'm glad I don't have to talk to them.

These are my lifts:

Squats 95
    Bench Press 95
    Bent Over Rows... not completely sure, I think it might be 60-70
    Military Press (Overhead Press) 65
    SLDL... not sure about this one as well, since I don't think I'm doing it right. 75-85
    Barbell Curls 45
    Calf Raises 150

I'm still practicing my form, is it ok if my form isn't absolutely perfect? I'm still learning and trying to my best.

P.S. When doing the squats, my upper arms were didn't feel comfortable at all. I'm not sure if I'm holding the bar too narrow, too wide etc.

Originally Posted by iDunGoof3d View Post
    I have to practice how to do SLDL properly... oh, and the Bent Over Row as well. I just feel as if I'm not doing these exercises right, then I get pissed off the gym. I keep watching video's OVER and OVER, then I hit the gym and completely forget how to do them properly. Having social anxiety doesn't help either... I feel uncomfortable around people, but I'm glad I don't have to talk to them.

These are my lifts:

Squats 95
    Bench Press 95
    SLDL... not sure about this one as well, since I don't think I'm doing it right. 75-85
    Barbell Curls 45
    Calf Raises 150

I'm still practicing my form, is it ok if my form isn't absolutely perfect? I'm still learning and trying to my best.

P.S. When doing the squats, my upper arms were didn't feel comfortable at all. I'm not sure if I'm holding the bar too narrow, too wide etc.
    If you can. Take video of your lifts and post them here asking people to check your form. I see many people doing this.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Ten Rep Max Calculator.

Vertigo1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

These are my lifts:

Squats 95
    Bench Press 95
    Barbell Curls 45
    Calf Raises 150

Divide each exercise into different steps. Start simple, first know the right technique of lifting, bar and body placement, then when you are comfortable with these try to bring in proper breathing technique. Practice them without weights when you are watching videos, get someone to check your form or do them in front of mirror.
    This should make some difference .

iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10) iDunGoof3d is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you can. Take video of your lifts and post them here asking people to check your form. I see many people doing this.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
    I can't. I don't have any friends, have bad social anxiety + depression and do not trust anyone I don't know. I guess I'll have to keep watching video's over, and over, and over etc. till I get it right I guess.

Originally Posted by Vertigo1985 View Post
    Divide each exercise into different steps. Start simple, first know the right technique of lifting, bar and body placement, then when you are comfortable with these try to bring in proper breathing technique. Practice them without weights when you are watching videos, get someone to check your form or do them in front of mirror.
    This should make some difference .
    Good tip.

The SLDL feels very awkward. I don't know, maybe it's because I'm bending over and I'm very self conscious, lmao. Then I feel like an idiot if I don't get it right, which gets me pissed, etc.

P.S. I use to bench press about 100-105, but I'm not sure if I lost strength since I didn't go to the gym for two months + in a calorie deficit had any factor to it, or if I simply had a bad day (two days ago... could only bench 95). Finding the 10 rep max is tricky for me.

I can't. I don't have any friends, have bad social anxiety + depression and do not trust anyone I don't know. I guess I'll have to keep watching video's over, and over, and over etc. till I get it right I guess.
    Can you set your camera / phone up and record it yourself?

Or as mentioned. Use a mirror.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.

Vertigo1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The SLDL feels very awkward. I don't know, maybe it's because I'm bending over and I'm very self conscious, lmao. Then I feel like an idiot if I don't get it right, which gets me pissed, etc.

P.S. I use to bench press about 100-105, but I'm not sure if I lost strength since I didn't go to the gym for two months + in a calorie deficit had any factor to it, or if I simply had a bad day (two days ago... could only bench 95). Finding the 10 rep max is tricky for me.
    SLDL feels awkward to me too ( sticking your butt out and bending over..lolzz), but that's the proper way of doing it. Proper form comes only after practice, so forget about what others are thinking and just practice, practice and practice...

Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

These are my lifts:

Squats 95
    Bench Press 95
    Barbell Curls 45
    Calf Raises 150

Are you me? Everything about this post is me, from beginning to end. We're even the same height (although your 40 lbs heavier)

>that feel

Headphones might help.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

These are my lifts:

Squats 95
    Bench Press 95
    Barbell Curls 45
    Calf Raises 150

Arms uncomfortable on squats is usually a lack of flexibility in shoulders. There is an exercise where you grab a broom or whatever as wide as you can grip wise and hold each arm straight down in front of you then move the broom over head to back essentially moving shoulder in full ROM from front to back (cant remember the exercise name)

Try creating a shelf with your back by raising your elbows and wrap your thumbs OVER the bar. You shouldnt have any weight on wrists or hands, they are there to guide bar in place and help hold it in place.

For SLDL I do more of an RDL which is my low back is arched, push hips back, slight bend in knees and move weight to below my knees where my back is flat and level to ground. It puts more emphasis on hamstrings and glutes when you keep flat/arched low back. I always protect my low back on every exercise I do. I will do true Stiff leg deads when I stretch where I round my low back and stretch it, no weights at all.

Form is very important now as when the weight gets heavy it could do some serious damage.

BTW my SLDL and squats are the same weight.
    This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

JRCFC94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Will this give my upper body a good enough workout? the day after its only my legs and lower back that hurt and I don't want to end up with massive legs and a small upper body

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Wow every muscle in my body is sore after heavy 9 rep workout ,

2 days later can i switch med for light cause to avoid extreme pain lol

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    Wow every muscle in my body is sore after heavy 9 rep workout ,

2 days later can i switch med for light cause to avoid extreme pain lol
    Sorry answered my own question . I looked up DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) i can still train as the program suggests . To avoid DOMS i mightve been better to start with lighter weight . However the muscles will adapt they have no choice because im going to keep hammering them hard.

MEK42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys. Just finished my medium day on week 1 of my first cycle. Went well. I just have a question, I'm worried that I may be misinterpreting the program.

Today my workout went like this:

All 8 Reps
    Squat 45 45 85 85
    Bench 45 50 80 80
    BOR 45 55 70 70
    OHP 45 45
    Stiff Legged DL 95 95
    BB Curl 40 40
    Calf Raises 120 120

I'm supposed to do only 2 working sets per exercise, right? With the first 3 having 2 warm-up sets before it, right?

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MEK42 View Post
    Hey guys. Just finished my medium day on week 1 of my first cycle. Went well. I just have a question, I'm worried that I may be misinterpreting the program.

Today my workout went like this:

All 8 Reps
    Squat 45 45 85 85
    Bench 45 50 80 80
    BOR 45 55 70 70
    OHP 45 45
    Stiff Legged DL 95 95
    BB Curl 40 40
    Calf Raises 120 120

I'm supposed to do only 2 working sets per exercise, right? With the first 3 having 2 warm-up sets before it, right?
    yes
    fuark

Closed Thread
Page 110 of 333 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast