Closed Thread
Page 316 of 333 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,480 of 9967
    FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by redcaesar View Post
    Thanks!
    I have slowed down on pics since progress is less noticeble then changes I saw when cutting. Also my diet has not been as on point as when I was cutting. Been harder with spring/summer for diet and to get 3 work outs in. I think I recall some of the all pro intermediate are 2 days. Was thinking one those, or maybe switching to the 2 heavy days a week for next cycle. Probably will just keep going but just looking at options as I'm at end of another cycle.

Here is progression pics...

I took measurements as well and have gained all over but have noticed some return of fat around lower back, obliques, and abs.
    Great going! You look like you've lost a load of fat, but also put on mass.

Originally Posted by Electrophoresis View Post
    Starting to get knee pain after squats (from C1 W3) and I keep failing curls, sigh.
    I'm beginning to dislike curls as well, although I haven't failed them yet.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Anteeke View Post
    Too sore to lift, really. Going to do cardio today and see how I feel tomorrow.
    x

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Rincewind1405 View Post
    I have tested my 10RM on each exercise and it looks like I will have to start out with the empty 45lb bar on every exercise, With this in mind is there any way I can increase the weight progressions or would I be better served with a linear progression routine SS, SL GSLP untill I can get my weights to a respectable level?
    10 cycles to get to 100lb just feels so slow.
    At the end of the first few cycles retest your ten rep max. You will find that initially your strength gains will probably be more than the recommended 10% increase due to CNS adaption.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Anteeke View Post
    Too sore to lift, really. Going to do cardio today and see how I feel tomorrow.
    If its only Doms you are feeling then you need to work through it otherwise you will be putting off days for a while. Try foam rolling prior to the workout to relieve some of the soreness. Once you start and get the blood flowing through the muscles the pain should lessen.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How often should I increase the weight? Every rep? Or increase weight every week?

mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JustInTheMoney View Post
    How often should I increase the weight? Every rep? Or increase weight every week?
    Read the very first post.

Increase WEIGHT every 5 weeks.

Increase REPS every week.

But really, read post 1.

JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustInTheMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sorry I skipped to the last page. I am hitting the gym in a half hour just wanted some quick info I will adapt as I move along and find what fits for me the best. Can you give me any information about Free Weights and Machines?
    I usually do more machines the free weights. I'm not talking about treadmills or eliptical machines, but weightlifting machines for arms legs and abs....is there a difference?

ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I haven't been lifting long at all but I think with free weights, you use many different muscles just to stabilize the bar, so that itself is already a plus over using machines. I've never used free weights until starting this, don't know why I haven't!

And I will just say this since I was going to post it anyway... finished C1W1 Medium day... completed everything

Medium Day Weight

Squats - 110lbs
    Bench - 105lbs
    BOR - 120lbs
    OHP - 60lbs
    SLDL - 150lbs
    Curls - 66lbs
    Calves - 250lbs

Also realized I made an error, I had said in previous posts I do 90lb curls.... yeah apparently I can't add correctly haha make that 70 lbs... I was really confused today when the weight didn't add up haha

Struggles:

Bench was still a little rough on the last couple reps, but better then Monday's heavy day!
    Last 2 reps were rough on BOR but pushed through them
    SLDL, the weight is ok, my forearms KILL by the last few on the last set from holding up the weight, I assume this gets easier? haha
    Curls, last 2 but made it!

Other than that, good workout, happy with my numbers for now And the ultimate... feel good!
    On a side note (not really...), It's amazing how I struggled HARDCORE with 65lbs OHP on monday but 5 lbs lighter and I destroyed them lol

redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Machines tend to be more isolation type movements that lock down to a single muscle or joint with restricted path of motion. Big difference to most free weight movements in this program that use many muscle groups and joints. As well as already mentioned free weight exercise engage core and other smaller muscles as stabilizers.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/s...ompound_ex.htm

Can you give me any information about Free Weights and Machines?
    I usually do more machines the free weights. I'm not talking about treadmills or eliptical machines, but weightlifting machines for arms legs and abs....is there a difference?

mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Impressive calf raise weight, what do you do these on? (Free weight/machine?)

Ok I see. So would I be losing out on just using machines? Or it would just take longer in the long run?

skinny-ricky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So this morning I tested for my 10 rep max but I was completely off on all my guesses. Plus I could not muster up the courage to do bench press without using the smith machine for the test. Would it be useful to run through the test again using my calculated 10 rep max and see if they are accurate. It seems that using the correct weight is key. Plus the way I want to run my workouts I would not be starting until sunday or monday. so i have time.

ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skinny-ricky View Post
    So this morning I tested for my 10 rep max but I was completely off on all my guesses. Plus I could not muster up the courage to do bench press without using the smith machine for the test. Would it be useful to run through the test again using my calculated 10 rep max and see if they are accurate. It seems that using the correct weight is key. Plus the way I want to run my workouts I would not be starting until sunday or monday. so i have time.
    Not sure if you are like me, but I haven't lifted in YEARS! So when I first did a couple test runs, it was way lighter weight then what I use now, once my body adjusted to lifting and I felt more comfortable I could lift a lot more. So I would say if that's your situation as well, do a few more with lighter weight to get comfortable, then retest your 10rm and go from there! GL

Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
    Impressive calf raise weight, what do you do these on? (Free weight/machine?)
    Well, not sure if it makes a difference, but I just do BW with dumbells, I weigh about 215, my 10rm is BW + 40lb dumbell. Never used a machine for these.

chodge17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chodge17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it okay to use the Smith Machine? I made the mistake of getting a membership at Planet Fitness a few months ago, suckered me right into it, so all they have is the Smith Machines.

usafbls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back at the gym today after one week rest coz of dental surgery.c2 w4 hard day.failed on 4th set 9th rep of bench
    Last edited by usafbls; 06-05-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Originally Posted by ABRMess006 View Post
    Not sure if you are like me, but I haven't lifted in YEARS! So when I first did a couple test runs, it was way lighter weight then what I use now, once my body adjusted to lifting and I felt more comfortable I could lift a lot more. So I would say if that's your situation as well, do a few more with lighter weight to get comfortable, then retest your 10rm and go from there! GL

Well, not sure if it makes a difference, but I just do BW with dumbells, I weigh about 215, my 10rm is BW + 40lb dumbell. Never used a machine for these.
    Guess that explains it then!
    Though weights shouldn't really be quoted including your body weight.

Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
    Guess that explains it then!
    Though weights shouldn't really be quoted including your body weight.
    Glad I could help

As far as my calf raises, how should I state that? I dont use a machine while laying down, and no machine standing, I just stand on the edge of a machine while holding a 40lb dumbell and go up and down the ampount of reps I need... I have always just said 40 + BW lol, not sure if that right though?? OR am I just overthinking it LOL

Glad I could help

As far as my calf raises, how should I state that? I dont use a machine while laying down, and no machine standing, I just stand on the edge of a machine while holding a 40lb dumbell and go up and down the ampount of reps I need... I have always just said 40 + BW lol, not sure if that right though?? OR am I just overthinking it LOL
    Just call it 40lb.

It would get confusing if say you were on a cut and losing body weight while increasing lifted weight, would look like this:

210lb(bw)+40lb = 250lb calf raise
    200lb(bw)+50lb = 250lb calf raise

stevenvill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can these moves be done on weight machines or is the dumbbell a better way to go?

Registered User PerfectCreature's Avatar
    PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50) PerfectCreature will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stevenvill View Post
    Can these moves be done on weight machines or is the dumbbell a better way to go?
    These are meant for barbell only. With the exception of calf raises which may be done on the smith machine with '2' 45lbs weights as your base to do the raises on.

BuiltforSin is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuiltforSin is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuiltforSin is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuiltforSin is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuiltforSin is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuiltforSin is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuiltforSin is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuiltforSin is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuiltforSin is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuiltforSin is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuiltforSin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I swear medium day is the hardest of the three.

skinny-ricky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well some i went too high with the weight and only completed 6. some went too low and completed 15. Plus some i was totally unfamiliar with (bench press) cuz i always use a machine. So i think a re-measure is in order. I'm psyched!

Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As for my soreness..it was just doms kicking in because I haven't been lifting the past few weeks. Once my muscles adapt to lifting..I'm going hard. Just ordered new supplements today also.
    New stack:
    Gaspari Myofusion ProBiotic
    iForce Hemavol
    CL Orange OxiMega
    CL Orange Triad
    Scivation Xtend

I rep back 100%
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford

I did a rough draft of this exercise today. It was hard getting through the bench press. I was wondering though how much weight should I start out with? I am 5'10 197 pounds haven't lifted in over 10 years. There was barbell as the gym it was 30 pounds 40 50 60 70 80 90. Which one should I start at? I started with the 50 for everything including my squats.....it felt just right. For bench press it was 100 pounds, is that ok for beginning this exercise?

For bench press it was 100 pounds, is that ok for beginning this exercise?
    Could you do it for 10reps? If not, how many?

Registered User thousandreasons's Avatar
    thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did a rough draft of this exercise today. It was hard getting through the bench press. I was wondering though how much weight should I start out with? I am 5'10 197 pounds haven't lifted in over 10 years. There was barbell as the gym it was 30 pounds 40 50 60 70 80 90. Which one should I start at? I started with the 50 for everything including my squats.....it felt just right. For bench press it was 100 pounds, is that ok for beginning this exercise?
    Find the weight that you can do 10 reps of. That is your starting weight, not what 'felt just right'.
    Pursuing NZ Aesthetics.

RIP Zyzz, gone but not forgotten brah.

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148951783

Defgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So damn crowded at my gym tonight, and I go late. Hard to find an unused barbell, or the smaller barbels that I needed.

So, I've been doing calf raises on the standing calf raise machine. Is that OK with this program? I didn't even think to use barbels with the calf raise.

Just finished first medium day of my first week of cycle 1.

Registered User thousandreasons's Avatar
    thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
    So damn crowded at my gym tonight, and I go late. Hard to find an unused barbell, or the smaller barbels that I needed.

So, I've been doing calf raises on the standing calf raise machine. Is that OK with this program? I didn't even think to use barbels with the calf raise.

Just finished first medium day of my first week of cycle 1.
    Yea the machine should work just fine, just remain consistent and don't jump between different variations otherwise it'll be hard to track progress.
    Pursuing NZ Aesthetics.

RIP Zyzz, gone but not forgotten brah.

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148951783

noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you are struggling as early as C1W1, then your weights are too heavy. if your 10 rep max are correct, then you should have no problem until C1W4 when you start doing more than 10 reps. i'm about to start on my C1W4 tom

I haven't been lifting long at all but I think with free weights, you use many different muscles just to stabilize the bar, so that itself is already a plus over using machines. I've never used free weights until starting this, don't know why I haven't!

And I will just say this since I was going to post it anyway... finished C1W1 Medium day... completed everything

Medium Day Weight

Squats - 110lbs
    Bench - 105lbs
    BOR - 120lbs
    OHP - 60lbs
    SLDL - 150lbs
    Curls - 66lbs
    Calves - 250lbs

Also realized I made an error, I had said in previous posts I do 90lb curls.... yeah apparently I can't add correctly haha make that 70 lbs... I was really confused today when the weight didn't add up haha

Struggles:

Bench was still a little rough on the last couple reps, but better then Monday's heavy day!
    Last 2 reps were rough on BOR but pushed through them
    SLDL, the weight is ok, my forearms KILL by the last few on the last set from holding up the weight, I assume this gets easier? haha
    Curls, last 2 but made it!

Other than that, good workout, happy with my numbers for now And the ultimate... feel good!
    On a side note (not really...), It's amazing how I struggled HARDCORE with 65lbs OHP on monday but 5 lbs lighter and I destroyed them lol

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You need to read page one of the thread. That's where all of the basic "how-to" is discussed. Read that a couple times.

Closed Thread
Page 316 of 333 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 ... LastLast